Herlings on Tomac.. Nothing but respect

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2017 1:22 AM


Photo

|

8/7/2017 1:24 AM

|

8/7/2017 1:32 AM

|

8/7/2017 1:58 AM

Roczen just put his shirt on to take it off again.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/7/2017 2:02 AM

Tomac in the US, especially on his favoured tracks is absolutely unbeatable,same as nobody touching Herlings and Cairoli in Lommel yesterday or Italy etc
Don't knock me for questioning Herlings but obviously doing both schedules would only see a true comparison,by the time top Euros like Roczen and Musquin have gone over it's often moved onto a big money game with the MEC loot dangling in front of them,Tomac has also witnessed the pressure and losses too.The US are always favourites and Matterly basin with him Zach and another top 5ish AMA guy should be favoured more than ever.
The Euro schedule is underestimated too,Herlings was blowing after Saturday this weekend,heck knows how they run the Sunday at that pace too and race a National inbetween GPs

|


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

8/7/2017 2:18 AM

Kinda wish he'd dissed him just to rile the US vs euro debates up on here again devil

|

8/7/2017 3:40 AM

Tomac is a beast and one of the best in the world, for sure, but the idea of him currently being the fastest man on the planet is pretty laughable.

Marv and Bagget have shown he is beatable on any given weekend and Eli has certainly not dominated the series the way Roczen did last year with the outdoors. Bogle even squeaked out a moto win over the field this year.

Out of riders that are healthy right now, Cairoli, Herlings, and Musquin would all give Tomac a run for his money. If we look at riders who are injured but can run the pace when healthy... Roczen, Gaijser, and BB4 are all contenders (maybe not Blake for FMOTP, but he has speed).

It's cool Herlings respects Tomac, no doubt, and 2015 Tomac for a few motos was unbelievable, but I don't think it's an easy call right now to mark him as the fastest out of all the riders currently, especially since Marv has gone 1-1-1-1 the past couple weeks.

No disrespect to Tomac, I just don't think it's an easy call.

|

8/7/2017 5:01 AM

Casting wrote:

Tomac is a beast and one of the best in the world, for sure, but the idea of him currently being the fastest man on the planet is pretty laughable.

Marv and Bagget have shown he is beatable on any given weekend and Eli has certainly not dominated the series the way Roczen did last year with the outdoors. Bogle even squeaked out a moto win over the field this year.

Out of riders that are healthy right now, Cairoli, Herlings, and Musquin would all give Tomac a run for his money. If we look at riders who are injured but can run the pace when healthy... Roczen, Gaijser, and BB4 are all contenders (maybe not Blake for FMOTP, but he has speed).

It's cool Herlings respects Tomac, no doubt, and 2015 Tomac for a few motos was unbelievable, but I don't think it's an easy call right now to mark him as the fastest out of all the riders currently, especially since Marv has gone 1-1-1-1 the past couple weeks.

No disrespect to Tomac, I just don't think it's an easy call.

I wonder if maybe, tomac isnt hanging it out and riding safe? Did something happen to him a couple years ago that would possibly make him not push too hard when he doesnt need to? I guess that could make a little sense

|

8/7/2017 5:12 AM

Tomac can certainly be considered one of the fastest in the world. I do not think it's a slam dunk though. On a given day, and a given style of outdoor track, Musquin, Bagget, Herlings and Cairoli could likely beat him. Tomac would school them all in SX. Tomac also appears to have taken a page out of Dungey's book, and of so, he will win more titles all while appearing less dominant. ...just one more reason we would all love to see all the riders at the MXDN and/or some combined GP/Nationals event.

|

8/7/2017 6:14 AM

US always #1.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

8/7/2017 6:15 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

US always #1.

Your sprocket bolts are loose again.

|

8/7/2017 6:57 AM

Casting wrote:

Tomac is a beast and one of the best in the world, for sure, but the idea of him currently being the fastest man on the planet is pretty laughable.

Marv and Bagget have shown he is beatable on any given weekend and Eli has certainly not dominated the series the way Roczen did last year with the outdoors. Bogle even squeaked out a moto win over the field this year.

Out of riders that are healthy right now, Cairoli, Herlings, and Musquin would all give Tomac a run for his money. If we look at riders who are injured but can run the pace when healthy... Roczen, Gaijser, and BB4 are all contenders (maybe not Blake for FMOTP, but he has speed).

It's cool Herlings respects Tomac, no doubt, and 2015 Tomac for a few motos was unbelievable, but I don't think it's an easy call right now to mark him as the fastest out of all the riders currently, especially since Marv has gone 1-1-1-1 the past couple weeks.

No disrespect to Tomac, I just don't think it's an easy call.

The question was "Fastest rider in the world on his good day?" When Eli is "on" I don't think it is even debatable that he is the fastest guy. The problem Eli has is consistency.

|

8/7/2017 7:09 AM

"Tomac, when on his best tracks in his home state, with no pressure on him, is the fastest rider in the world."

I mean Roczen mopped the floor with him all last season so ...

|

8/7/2017 7:09 AM

The fastest and most versatile rider of the planet is injured.tongue

|

8/7/2017 7:37 AM

PRM31 wrote:

Tomac can certainly be considered one of the fastest in the world. I do not think it's a slam dunk though. On a given day, and a given style of outdoor track, Musquin, Bagget, Herlings and Cairoli could likely beat him. Tomac would school them all in SX. Tomac also appears to have taken a page out of Dungey's book, and of so, he will win more titles all while appearing less dominant. ...just one more reason we would all love to see all the riders at the MXDN and/or some combined GP/Nationals event.

I think Marv might give ET all he wants in SX next year. Time will tell.

|

8/7/2017 7:48 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

"Tomac, when on his best tracks in his home state, with no pressure on him, is the fastest rider in the world."

I mean Roczen mopped the floor with him all last season so ...

Mopped the floor with the guy being interviewed as well.

|

8/7/2017 7:56 AM

From the outside looking in the only thing herlings doesn't have is the comprehensive training program the good AMA riders have. Aside from that I think he's a better outdoor rider than anyone. I think all he does is pound motos in the sand by himself

|

8/7/2017 7:57 AM

It's funny one of the other fast guys on the planet says when Tomac is on he's the FMOTP. Bunch of Vitards show up to say no way. You know the Anti Eli fans are as bad as the Eli fanboys.

|

8/7/2017 8:01 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

It's funny one of the other fast guys on the planet says when Tomac is on he's the FMOTP. Bunch of Vitards show up to say no way. You know the Anti Eli fans are as bad as the Eli fanboys.

I mean, to be considered the fastest man on the planet, having a moto win at the MXoN or any major big bike championship should probably be acquired first. He's done neither. And has only been unquestionably the fastest guy in the states for five motos back in 2015. So I'm not going to give him that label.

|

8/7/2017 8:07 AM

Casting wrote:

Tomac is a beast and one of the best in the world, for sure, but the idea of him currently being the fastest man on the planet is pretty laughable.

Marv and Bagget have shown he is beatable on any given weekend and Eli has certainly not dominated the series the way Roczen did last year with the outdoors. Bogle even squeaked out a moto win over the field this year.

Out of riders that are healthy right now, Cairoli, Herlings, and Musquin would all give Tomac a run for his money. If we look at riders who are injured but can run the pace when healthy... Roczen, Gaijser, and BB4 are all contenders (maybe not Blake for FMOTP, but he has speed).

It's cool Herlings respects Tomac, no doubt, and 2015 Tomac for a few motos was unbelievable, but I don't think it's an easy call right now to mark him as the fastest out of all the riders currently, especially since Marv has gone 1-1-1-1 the past couple weeks.

No disrespect to Tomac, I just don't think it's an easy call.

I think his statements have more to do with seeing Eli last year at the two GP races. At a follow the leader charlotte track his first Moto time was seconds faster and obvisioly we all know how easy it was for him to win moto 2 from way back. IMO that's why I think he is saying that. I am surprised though that Herlings almost deflaulted in saying the fastest in America is the fastest in the world.

|

8/7/2017 8:09 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

It's funny one of the other fast guys on the planet says when Tomac is on he's the FMOTP. Bunch of Vitards show up to say no way. You know the Anti Eli fans are as bad as the Eli fanboys.

Is it a fact or Herling's opinion?

|

8/7/2017 8:38 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

It's funny one of the other fast guys on the planet says when Tomac is on he's the FMOTP. Bunch of Vitards show up to say no way. You know the Anti Eli fans are as bad as the Eli fanboys.

Bonanza69 wrote:

Is it a fact or Herling's opinion?

Never claimed it as fact but it definitely holds more water than some bench racing Vitards.

|

8/7/2017 8:45 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

It's funny one of the other fast guys on the planet says when Tomac is on he's the FMOTP. Bunch of Vitards show up to say no way. You know the Anti Eli fans are as bad as the Eli fanboys.

Bonanza69 wrote:

Is it a fact or Herling's opinion?

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Never claimed it as fact but it definitely holds more water than some bench racing Vitards.

Why? Because Herlings is extremely good on a dirt bike so that means he can form opinions better than everyone else in the world? Herlings is better at riding dirt bikes than Roger Decoster, so does that mean Herlings' opinion is more relevant than Decosters? Is this how we measure validity of opinions now, how fast you can ride a dirt bike?

Most people here probably watch a lot more MX and follow the sport as a whole a lot more than Herlings. He's more focused on being the best then trying to figure out who is the best.

|

8/7/2017 9:29 AM

Bonanza69 wrote:

Is it a fact or Herling's opinion?

Dan-The-Man wrote:

Never claimed it as fact but it definitely holds more water than some bench racing Vitards.

agn5009 wrote:

Why? Because Herlings is extremely good on a dirt bike so that means he can form opinions better than everyone else in the world? Herlings is better at riding dirt bikes than Roger Decoster, so does that mean Herlings' opinion is more relevant than Decosters? Is this how we measure validity of opinions now, how fast you can ride a dirt bike?

Most people here probably watch a lot more MX and follow the sport as a whole a lot more than Herlings. He's more focused on being the best then trying to figure out who is the best.

Everyone in the world? A bit extreme. Decoster was a great rider in his era. That is where his knowledge began, as a rider. The same place Herlings is at now. If you think these guys don't watch film to learn from other riders, you're living under a rock.

Watching a 1000 hours of moto doesn't make you an expert. Watching moto and racing at the highest level holds a greater insight. Why hire DV12 as a coach when you could get someone from Vital who's watched more moto?

|

8/7/2017 9:30 AM

Park Boys wrote:

I think his statements have more to do with seeing Eli last year at the two GP races. At a follow the leader charlotte track his first Moto time was seconds faster and obvisioly we all know how easy it was for him to win moto 2 from way back. IMO that's why I think he is saying that. I am surprised though that Herlings almost deflaulted in saying the fastest in America is the fastest in the world.

That was his way to piss off his real rival Roczen.

|

8/7/2017 9:33 AM

Why hire DV12 as a coach when you could get someone from Vital who's watched more moto?

laughing laughing laughing

Dan, obviously you are unaware of the power of the Vital Brain Trust (VBT). w00t
|

8/7/2017 10:04 AM

That there is the difference between a rider and a clueless fan. Herlings, Carioli, Febvra etc would be competative at the nationals just as Tomac, Anderson, Webb etc would be in the GP's. They are all great riders and could win on either side of the pond.

|

8/7/2017 11:03 AM

line-up wrote:

That was his way to piss off his real rival Roczen.

True, I don't think Roczen really respects Herlings. I remember Roczen taking jabs at Herlings at the end of 2011 and in 2014 when he was gonna come over to Unidilla before he got hurt Roczen joked about going down to a 250 for that race to beat him. I wonder what happend under the KTM tent in 2011.

|

8/7/2017 11:06 AM

Crush wrote:

Roczen just put his shirt on to take it off again.

Why?

|

8/7/2017 11:27 AM

Park Boys wrote:

I think his statements have more to do with seeing Eli last year at the two GP races. At a follow the leader charlotte track his first Moto time was seconds faster and obvisioly we all know how easy it was for him to win moto 2 from way back. IMO that's why I think he is saying that. I am surprised though that Herlings almost deflaulted in saying the fastest in America is the fastest in the world.

line-up wrote:

That was his way to piss off his real rival Roczen.

Park Boys wrote:

True, I don't think Roczen really respects Herlings. I remember Roczen taking jabs at Herlings at the end of 2011 and in 2014 when he was gonna come over to Unidilla before he got hurt Roczen joked about going down to a 250 for that race to beat him. I wonder what happend under the KTM tent in 2011.

I bet almost being lapped at Lommel hurt Roczen real bad too,there has to be a great amount of animosity between the two...

|


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")