Herlings on Gypsy tales

6/21/2022 7:09am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 7:10am
What an ass. He was going on and on about bagging on Vialle and others when they were younger and coming up in the ranks. You...
What an ass.
He was going on and on about bagging on Vialle and others when they were younger and coming up in the ranks.

You don't hear any of the condescending bullshit from our guys, or the other foreign riders we're enjoying having in our sport here.
Roczen.
Ferrandis.
Musquin.
The Lawrence bros.
Hell, I don't even think of them as such.
They're here in America, IMO that makes them American motocross racers
They're all over here because this is where the good shit is.

The racing here is far better than the GP's at the moment.
You'll never see action over there like we've just seen this past weekend.
Or in the weeks to come.

He can keep his egotistical ass over there.
And as much as I like the Gypsy tales podcasts,
That was as pure a knobgobbling display by jase as I've ever seen from him.
Good thing they were in separate studios.

Tomac has more class, and respect for his competitors, than herlings.
That's a true champion.

You missed the 2021 MXGP season!???
It’s all good,AMA-fanboy.Cool
bp97
6/21/2022 7:46am
I thought it was a great interview, the guys being himself there’s absolutely nothing fake about that man. You lot are just really sensitive it seems lol
bp97
6/21/2022 7:50am
MKMX wrote:
Given Herlings speech after MXON where he states it’s done and dusted (in terms of who’s better) and never need be brought up again… Seems the...
Given Herlings speech after MXON where he states it’s done and dusted (in terms of who’s better) and never need be brought up again… Seems the only one losing sleep over it is Herlings.

10:45

https://youtu.be/bOpORr2NE6c
And you apparently
6/21/2022 8:13am
I'm a pro Tomac but i'm sad to see a lot of guys getting butthurt in here !

Can't understand your reaction, everyone complain the riders nowadays are going more and more soft on communication ( aka dungey) and when we have one the fastest guy on the planet calling one of the other fastest guy on the planet we cry ! Just enjoy it, it is refreshing to see this type of call out in MX nowadays, moreover coming from one of the best ! And IF the event would finaly take places you would be the first to be excited about !

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
6/21/2022 8:20am
There’s plenty of races left this summer. Why doesn’t he fly over here and kick Tomac’s ass for one of them ? I mean if he’s so much faster it should be easy for him. Put up or shut up.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/21/2022 8:29am
wolf18 wrote:
He lost me at taking a stab at rv2.
Did he really? About what? I could only listen to a little bit before I couldn’t listen to it anymore
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/21/2022 8:43am
Herlings is the modern Bob Hannah... Only Herlings spends more time on the couch injured.

Fast as shit and boisterous too. Gotta love the fuel he gave this thread.

As fans, we can enjoy the prospect... But that's all it is. I hope they get to "race" each other at MXoN. Because Eli doesn't give a f*ck about stuff like this, but don't kid yourself, he knows about it.
Roczoff
6/21/2022 8:52am
Who wouldn't welcome a combined GP/AMA round or two every year?

It'd be expensive, but I think that pay per view sales could fund most of the travel costs.

(Oh, and don't forget to down-vote me)
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/21/2022 8:54am
FerCzD wrote:
Fair enough. I don't even think Herlings is the King in MXGP, he is forgetting there is one active rider that has more big boy titles...
Fair enough.

I don't even think Herlings is the King in MXGP, he is forgetting there is one active rider that has more big boy titles than him and is well on route to score another one. No hate on him, but that's the truth.
Mavetism wrote:
Gajser has to be the most underrated champion of all time in this sport. It's actually unreal how he is 25 years old on the road...
Gajser has to be the most underrated champion of all time in this sport. It's actually unreal how he is 25 years old on the road to collect his 5th world title and literally nobody talks about him, crazy.
Juck wrote:
Because he's the next best guy after Herlings. He doesn't even crash less, Herlings it seems is just genetically prone to injury. And honestly last year...
Because he's the next best guy after Herlings. He doesn't even crash less, Herlings it seems is just genetically prone to injury.

And honestly last year I think Febvre was better and so was Prado up until it started falling apart at Teutschenthal. I'm not trying to crap on Gajser here, I'm a big fan of his and he seems like a great person but he's in a unique situation where he's not the best guy but of the top guys he's the one that stays healthy the most.

Gonna get clowned on for this but the fact that a pretty significant amount of people think Gajser is better than Herlings shows he's overrated, not underrated, in my opinion.

Gajser did have that amazing ride at Orlyonok last year though, if we saw more of that I would be more agreeable to the claims he's underrated or better than Herlings etc.
Well, you gotta make the races if you want to win them. Can't blame it on genetics when a 2 years younger guy has two more premier titles than you yet you still think you're the best.
Sc2
6/21/2022 10:07am
It could be just a case of a Dutch thing, they can come across as arrogant cockey at times, but if you get to know them, they generally speak their mind and don't give a shit and that's just how most them are, but are decent folk

Totally oposite to Tomac (who grows on me more and more) just quietly goes about his business and does his talking in the track
scootch
6/21/2022 10:15am
Can moto journalism please do there job and give this call out some attention?? At least give Eli the question a one of the press conferences to see what he says
6/21/2022 10:38am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 10:41am
Classic Vital ..stats say Herlings whooped Tomac 9 out of 10 times , Vital only talks about his injuries

butthurt is real , Tomac has yet to win a single moto outside the USA or at MXON and people asking for a SX race between Tomac and Herlings ..
tomlopez
6/21/2022 11:02am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 11:07am
wolf18 wrote:
Truth. RV wasn't close to 100% with his program & bike and Jeffrey knows it. Ryan is ridiculously more accomplished as a racer than Herlings is, and he couldn't only beat Americans. Is he aware of MXON 2007 when he waxed everyone on a 250?
6/21/2022 11:31am
Mugeneco wrote:
Classic Vital ..stats say Herlings whooped Tomac 9 out of 10 times , Vital only talks about his injuries butthurt is real , Tomac has yet...
Classic Vital ..stats say Herlings whooped Tomac 9 out of 10 times , Vital only talks about his injuries

butthurt is real , Tomac has yet to win a single moto outside the USA or at MXON and people asking for a SX race between Tomac and Herlings ..
He still sounds like a pompous obnoxious jackass.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/21/2022 11:38am
Sc2 wrote:
It could be just a case of a Dutch thing, they can come across as arrogant cockey at times, but if you get to know them...
It could be just a case of a Dutch thing, they can come across as arrogant cockey at times, but if you get to know them, they generally speak their mind and don't give a shit and that's just how most them are, but are decent folk

Totally oposite to Tomac (who grows on me more and more) just quietly goes about his business and does his talking in the track
You know the saying "if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much". I work with a lot of Dutch folks. Your point is spot on, and I generally like all of them that I work with. They can be wrong on things sometimes, but will never admit it, lol. I just laugh it off. Proof is in the pudding
wolf18
6/21/2022 11:38am
wolf18 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Did he really? About what? I could only listen to a little bit before I couldn’t listen to it anymore
1 - Jeffrey joked that he couldn’t tell if rv was out there riding or rv sent his mechanic out there to ride. 2 - Jeffrey joked that rv had some work to do.
Sawfish
6/21/2022 11:50am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 11:50am
Herlings has always been a bratty, mouthy kid. I remember when he flipped out on Tonus on a live GP broadcast calling him a fucking cunt for something or another, throwing a temper tantrum.

His riding is great but it seems like any media I see about him he has no problem portraying himself how he does.
Tumic
6/21/2022 12:35pm
Don’t know if it’s my swedish eyes watching this but i don’t get the butthurt from all you guys?.

He says that he want’s to do one race for fun while they both are in race shape. You can see that he is excited about it and are willing to do more or less everything it takes to make it happen.

And all you guys can bitch about is that they should race SX or that he is prone to injurys? Hell, why not throw in Dakar and Erzberg to while you are at it?.

He have massive respect for Tomac and just think it would be a fun thing to do, but even in that you guys seem to find a way to make something bad out of it..
J. Sloan
6/21/2022 12:45pm
Tomac just sh*t his pants.
6/21/2022 12:49pm
Tumic wrote:
Don’t know if it’s my swedish eyes watching this but i don’t get the butthurt from all you guys?. He says that he want’s to do...
Don’t know if it’s my swedish eyes watching this but i don’t get the butthurt from all you guys?.

He says that he want’s to do one race for fun while they both are in race shape. You can see that he is excited about it and are willing to do more or less everything it takes to make it happen.

And all you guys can bitch about is that they should race SX or that he is prone to injurys? Hell, why not throw in Dakar and Erzberg to while you are at it?.

He have massive respect for Tomac and just think it would be a fun thing to do, but even in that you guys seem to find a way to make something bad out of it..
Tomac doesn’t sound like a cunt like Herlings does.
Tumic
6/21/2022 12:52pm
Must be a good thing that you can’t hear the riders speak while they race then..
6/21/2022 12:53pm
Tumic wrote:
Must be a good thing that you can’t hear the riders speak while they race then..
By that logic there are 40+ cunts on the line. Not in interviews though.
FerCzD
6/21/2022 12:55pm
I cant see an interview between Tomac and this gypsytales guy. They seem to be like oil and water. Two totally different personalities.
Bruce372
6/21/2022 1:37pm
Tomac is a better sand rider than Herlings is a supercross rider.

For motocross, I'd have it around even. But let's face it, Tomac has to race professionally 29 weekends every season and I am sure Tomac doesn't give an F.
tvo314
6/21/2022 1:43pm
I find it funny that Jace thinks he can make this happen. The guy is delusional.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
6/21/2022 1:44pm
I hope when someone asks Tomac about it he answers “Who” ? Laughing
Cortami79
6/21/2022 1:48pm
Meanwhile in the beginning of the podcast he stated that the Tomac on the geico honda in ‘15 was insane and that he admires the speed of the AMA outdoors at the moment. Sexton, Anderson, Roczen etc.. I think you have to take some things he says with a bit of salt. He speaks his mind (always did) and sometimes comes over as arrogant - which he sometimes is - but so far in his podcast (54 min in) he sounds respectable about every rider. Just the difference between AMA and GP’s is something he makes very clear. Thats why he told the example of RV coming over and struggles at Lommel. He didn’t say that RV is a bad rider at all. But yes. He is not really picky with his words and that triggers people Laughing

You guys have to admit. Like or don’t like the Gypsy tales guy, he always has great stuff happening at his interviews lol
Bradshaw Fan
6/21/2022 2:03pm
Lets see Herlings in Supercross and Ama. MX. He would not last two races. If Herlings is so bad ass lets see him race both series' and see how he does. Guaranteed he would not finish the year!!! Herlings races one series all year and he thinks he is the fastest in the world. What a joke
KlockreN
6/21/2022 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 2:27pm
I don't understand all the people shouting "Let's see him doing SX" when SX is something being started and mostly only popular inside the US because it has a better market to casual fans that dont ride motocross themselves.
MX and SX is 2 different things and it's bizzare you hold the rest of the world to do the same in a sport thats really only a U.S thing. Let's say beach races would become huuuge in the euro scene during the winters and make mad money would you yell at U.S riders "but they dont do beach racing" keep MX and SX separate pls.

unpopular opinion let me have all them down votes :D

Post a reply to: Herlings on Gypsy tales

The Latest