Herlings on Gypsy tales

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2022 12:01 PM

Just dropped today, I’m about 50 minutes in and it’s pretty good so far.

|

6/20/2022 12:22 PM

Pretty crazy world that two retired boxers would fight for hundreds of millions, yet two retired mx racers might race for just a hundred grand.

|

6/20/2022 12:30 PM

Like how his pod makes it seem like they're in the same room when they're not.

|

6/20/2022 12:41 PM

Glen Helen... I'd go for the spectacle.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/20/2022 12:54 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Pretty crazy world that two retired boxers would fight for hundreds of millions, yet two retired mx racers might race for just ...more

It's not that crazy. Boxing has to be one of the most popular sports in the world. When's the last time you saw MX covered in a national newspaper?

|

6/20/2022 1:22 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Pretty crazy world that two retired boxers would fight for hundreds of millions, yet two retired mx racers might race for just ...more

ProbablyDave wrote:

It's not that crazy. Boxing has to be one of the most popular sports in the world. When's the last time you saw MX covered in ...more

This. Plus - Sports betting. Gambling on boxing brings in a couple' bucks too.

|

6/20/2022 1:25 PM

ProbablyDave wrote:

It's not that crazy. Boxing has to be one of the most popular sports in the world. When's the last time you saw MX covered in ...more

I agree, vitalmx crowd has a difficult time separating their personal love for the sport and the real value of it in the market. Demand drives the value of contracts, riders salaries, etc. It doesn't matter if hardcore fans think MX riders are the strongest athletes out there, they wont get the recognition on the mainstream media, because this is a niche, and nothing wrong with that and it will remain like this.

|

6/20/2022 1:25 PM

What if ET3 says "if you wanna find out who the fastest overall is, we gotta race outdoors AND INDOORS".... you see.. ET3 isn't a one trick pony like Herl-dawg.... put some big money on it.. one 30 plus two outdoors for the first moto... second moto is 20 plus two on a full scoot SX track.... lets find out who the best overall racer is...!!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/20/2022 1:31 PM

gt80rider wrote:

What if ET3 says "if you wanna find out who the fastest overall is, we gotta race outdoors AND INDOORS".... you see.. ET3 ...more

Fair enough.

I don't even think Herlings is the King in MXGP, he is forgetting there is one active rider that has more big boy titles than him and is well on route to score another one. No hate on him, but that's the truth.

|

6/20/2022 1:36 PM

Fuck south wick. 1 on 1 at redbud the day after mxon. Race till they run out of gas

|

6/20/2022 1:39 PM

Put giaser(sp?) and sexton and Frandis in the moto also

|

6/20/2022 1:41 PM

gt80rider wrote:

What if ET3 says "if you wanna find out who the fastest overall is, we gotta race outdoors AND INDOORS".... you see.. ET3 ...more

People want to call it an excuse, but the truth is the AMA guyS spend 4 months a year riding outdoors and it 100% makes a difference when comparing to someone that only rides MX.

|

6/20/2022 1:43 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Just dropped today, I’m about 50 minutes in and it’s pretty good so far.

Did he say if he is he hoping to make Nations? Or ride the last couple MXGP races or Nationals? Sorry, don't have time to listen now. Thanks,

|

6/20/2022 1:59 PM

Can we get two Motos so second moto Eli is there lol

|

6/20/2022 2:47 PM

I just watched the YouTube video with him talking about racing Eli.

In my opinion he comes off as a complete jackass. Of course, he wants to race Eli on a hammered Lommel track. Nothing like cherry picking what suits your abilities the best. How about 3 races? One at Lommel one at an outdoor American track and one supercross track.

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

6/20/2022 2:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2022 10:29 AM

30+2 at the sand track. Take the time between each rider at finish. Go do a full 20min main on SX. Take the time between each rider at finish. Total their times and you have your winner. If your gonna challenge someone to something they do only a handful of months out of the year to something you do year around, then give the courtesy back. Herlings was being pretty cool about the challenge though, didn’t come off like a douche about it which is surprising.

If Tomac ran moto year around and never messed with SX I don’t think Herlings would want that smoke, sue me.

|

6/20/2022 2:58 PM

wide open wally wrote:

30+2 at the sand track. Take the time between each rider at finish. Go do a full 20min main on SX. Take the time between each ...more

You are doing it wrong. Do the Supercross first and then the moto at the sand track. Herlings would be at the hospital and unable to race the sand track. hahahaha

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

6/20/2022 2:59 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Fair enough.

I don't even think Herlings is the King in MXGP, he is forgetting there is one active rider that has more big ...more

Yea… all this yadda yadda. Meanwhile there is a red bike with the number ‘243’ actually winning 450 races and titles consistently. While being very humble.

|

6/20/2022 3:06 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Fair enough.

I don't even think Herlings is the King in MXGP, he is forgetting there is one active rider that has more big ...more

Gajser has to be the most underrated champion of all time in this sport. It's actually unreal how he is 25 years old on the road to collect his 5th world title and literally nobody talks about him, crazy.

|

6/20/2022 3:07 PM

I tried listening, but I couldn’t get past Jase using the “F” word every other sentence and telling Jeffery he’s the “OG” of sand racing. I think JH is a very good rider, but there’s been many a great sand rider before JH was pooping his diapers.

|

6/20/2022 3:23 PM

183Matt wrote:

I tried listening, but I couldn’t get past Jase using the “F” word every other sentence and telling Jeffery he’s the “OG” of ...more

Anyone ever hear of James Stewart or Ricky Carmichael? Heard they were sort of fast in the sand……..

|

6/20/2022 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2022 3:38 PM

There's no way I could sit through that long of a podcast with Jase telling Herlings about his jujitsu training and how his A-kit suspension is going.
Love the idea and the guests from Gypsy Tales but I want to hear what the guests have to say, not someone who hasn't been at that level, which is why GL, Ping, Emig etc can put in their stories and its relatable.

|

6/20/2022 3:39 PM

183Matt wrote:

I tried listening, but I couldn’t get past Jase using the “F” word every other sentence and telling Jeffery he’s the “OG” of ...more

I can’t stand Jase either… he cried when Mathes made fun of him… a wise man once said harden the fuck up.

|

Washed up mid pack B rider

6/20/2022 3:51 PM

This would be cool only if Herlings had to abide by our rules and run a normal frame and swing arm.

|

6/20/2022 3:56 PM

One thing no one has mentioned, if we get Herlings vs Tomac battle, are they using Production rules, or works bikes ? It makes a MASSIVE difference. If it's works, then Tomac would need a lot of time to test and get comfy, if not Herlings needs a while to get used to production frame (Cairoli mentioned it was very different), if you actually want a fair race. I could possibly see Herlings committing that much time for bragging rights, but I can't see Tomac putting any extra effort, I would guess he doesn't care about bragging rights enough.

|

6/20/2022 3:57 PM

ColeSmith730 wrote:

This would be cool only if Herlings had to abide by our rules and run a normal frame and swing arm.

You beat me to it lol

|

6/20/2022 4:08 PM

its always gonna be unfair. if they race an mx track jh is more mx rider than et
if they also race sx track jh dont have a chance cause et is racing sx for 20 years
so they can make it through the middle
DAYTONA SX

|

6/20/2022 4:13 PM

Herlings may be the fastest dude in the world on any day he can stay on his bike, but TG243 is racking up those wins and titles while JH is sitting on a couch trying to heal from yet another injury.

Honestly, WGAF in the first place. All these dudes are gnarly and I'd be stoked to ride like any of them.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

6/20/2022 4:14 PM

Very similar to what Tiger and Mickleson did in golf during covid with the match. I think if both of them agreed on terms it could be done. I think dependent on how they promoted it there would be a great financial gain for both. Ticket sales and PPV sales would be good. Maybe have a few undercard races to make an event out of it.

|

6/20/2022 4:19 PM

gt80rider wrote:

FerCzD wrote:

Fair enough.

Mavetism wrote:

Gajser has to be the most underrated champion of all time in this sport. It's actually unreal how he is 25 years old on the ...more

I really like 243 Tim's style, he rode the Monster cup and gave it his all, and did pretty good I thought.
3 time champ to boot.

|