Herlings laptimes faster than mx1 again

7/6/2014 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 8:01pm
slipdog wrote:
If he was afraid to race against AC I would think he wouldn't have been in serious negotiations with Honda for a 450 ride next year...
If he was afraid to race against AC I would think he wouldn't have been in serious negotiations with Honda for a 450 ride next year... just something to think about.
id say those "Serious contract negotiations" with honda were a way to scare ktm into paying him more. If hed wanted to move to 450 class he wouldve told ktm "either 450 class or I go to honda". This is all about cairoli getting in the record books for most championships. That'd make a nice ad campaign for him riding a ktm even though all were'nt won on ktms. people forget that cairoli is also to blame for not wanting someone in his class who might smoke his ass. Thats cowardice in pursuit of the record books- not the attitide of a champ who is confident of challenge.I think treating the 250 class as a lesser title or stepping stone class is bullshit, but id think an athlete at the top of his game would tire of cakewalks and would be eager to test his skill against the best in the premiere class. Ktm cant take all the blame; he simply doesnt seem to want to leave that class. Its like free money when you can almost guarantee youll win every race. He one of the fastest riders ever but like it or not hes sandbagging if he averages fucking 30 second victories.
Dx3moto
7/6/2014 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 8:00pm
I'm done discussing Herlings Grinning There's no winning Grinning
PFitzG38
7/6/2014 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 9:24pm
Who cares what Herlings does in the GP's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GPs are clearly a second rate series that can barley attract enough competition to fill HALF a gate!! How anybody gives this "series" any relevance is beyond me.

Why is it that just about every worthy World Champ has come to America after warming up their career in the GPs. (and that started before the GPs lost all their prestige) Don't bother answering that was a rhetorical question.

Don't waste your time disagreeing with me I'll never be convinced otherwise your just wasting your breath.

I feel really really sorry for all the exceptional talent in Europe that have had their careers marginalized by Youthstream.

Does anybody in Europe even care what is happening to the GPs?? Why is there not a revolt? Is Giuseppe THAT powerful?

Where's Insport when you need them??
Crush
7/7/2014 12:21am
Zracer wrote:
Crush you are so full of shit for your BS excuses of why a 250 is faster than a 450. Hes more than second a lap...
Crush you are so full of shit for your BS excuses of why a 250 is faster than a 450. Hes more than second a lap faster . All moto . With no one pushing him.Stop letting your contempt for Herlings cloud your judgment. It makes you sound stupid.
What the fuck are you talking about?!

RV, Tomac, Bagget, Stewart, Carmichael just to name a few all have a history of going faster on a smaller bike... He's not the 2nd coming, he's another amazing rider but it's been done before. Many times.

If you think those factors, a perfect handling bike, not too heavy, not too much power and on a usually smoother race tracks doesn't make a difference then the only jerky here who sounds stupid is you fucko.

The Shop

jamma10
7/7/2014 1:43am
Well isn't this thread a great advert for American "Motocross fans"...

PressPassP
7/7/2014 2:30am
PFitzG38 wrote:
Who cares what Herlings does in the GP's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GPs are clearly a second rate series that...
Who cares what Herlings does in the GP's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GPs are clearly a second rate series that can barley attract enough competition to fill HALF a gate!! How anybody gives this "series" any relevance is beyond me.

Why is it that just about every worthy World Champ has come to America after warming up their career in the GPs. (and that started before the GPs lost all their prestige) Don't bother answering that was a rhetorical question.

Don't waste your time disagreeing with me I'll never be convinced otherwise your just wasting your breath.

I feel really really sorry for all the exceptional talent in Europe that have had their careers marginalized by Youthstream.

Does anybody in Europe even care what is happening to the GPs?? Why is there not a revolt? Is Giuseppe THAT powerful?

Not that crap again, obviously not a true Moto fan then eh? That "2nd rate" series has kicked American ass the past 2 years when they've met

It doesn't mean one series is better than the other either,only having 25-30 on the gate is down to politics,not having another 10 or 15 privateers running in there ( who subsequently get no public recognition or intrest,just moaned at for being lappers)

Where you originate from usually determines what you prefer,for me the best racing has been MX2 behind Herlings this year,on the different variation of tracks too,the AMA has seen some awesome races too.I feel lucky in this day and age to be able to see the 2 series,anyhow

I think you're so pissed that Herlings isn't going over there like Kenny Laughing
PressPassP
7/7/2014 2:35am
PTECH wrote:
I watch the MXGP highlights every week and it almost always boring as hell. Herlings whips everyone in mx2 and Cairoli whips everyone in MX1. Its...
I watch the MXGP highlights every week and it almost always boring as hell. Herlings whips everyone in mx2 and Cairoli whips everyone in MX1. Its a damn shame for these two to not be racing each other right now.
Shame you can't get the whole races aside from MX Life,the highlights are lame in anything, there's been some Great racing this year

It's all the better when you watch the whole Motos and from the 1st round,just like some of us "Euros" can watch the Nationals which is great
Jefro98
7/7/2014 2:37am
jamma10 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Seems some of the posts in this thread are written by 8 year old kids. Dry
7/7/2014 3:05am
PFitzG38 wrote:
Who cares what Herlings does in the GP's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the GPs are clearly a second rate series that...

7/7/2014 3:27am
its going to be so funny to read some of the excuses on here if herlings comes over and destroys everyone at unadilla!!
Crush
7/7/2014 3:35am
its going to be so funny to read some of the excuses on here if herlings comes over and destroys everyone at unadilla!!
There's a very good chance he will!
kongols
7/7/2014 3:44am
Crush wrote:
There's a very good chance he will!
There is no way you`re from Sydney. If you ask me I`m pretty certain you`re Jeffro503`s neighbor. Definitely NW.
Crush
7/7/2014 4:44am
What?

Why for, not sure I get the jokey. I'm not FROM Sydney, but am definitely looking at the harbour as I type this...

Is Jeffro not fond of Herlings' sandbagging or thinks he'll win unadilla?
Phillips467
7/7/2014 5:49am
I agree, Jeffrey Herlings is a brilliant rider. But, I don't read too much into the fact that he is setting faster lap times than the MXGP riders.

Jordi Tixier's fastest lap time in moto two was also quicker than Cairoli's, and no one thinks he will dominate when he steps up onto the big bike. Uddevalla deteriorated quickly, which obviously contributed to the gap between the times.

Herlings will challenge Cairoli when he eventually moves up, but I don't think that because he is setting faster lap times.
7/7/2014 6:28am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 6:30am
I agree, Jeffrey Herlings is a brilliant rider. But, I don't read too much into the fact that he is setting faster lap times than the...
I agree, Jeffrey Herlings is a brilliant rider. But, I don't read too much into the fact that he is setting faster lap times than the MXGP riders.

Jordi Tixier's fastest lap time in moto two was also quicker than Cairoli's, and no one thinks he will dominate when he steps up onto the big bike. Uddevalla deteriorated quickly, which obviously contributed to the gap between the times.

Herlings will challenge Cairoli when he eventually moves up, but I don't think that because he is setting faster lap times.
herlings was nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than desalle and over 2 seconds a lap faster than cairoli and all the other top mx1 guys at teuscental- even if you compare his moto 2 laptimes to moto 1 laptimes of mx1!!!

he is consistently the fastest rider in the gps at the moment regardless of which moto and the track deteriorating

same at uddevela- his fastest moto 2 laptime was 1.44.1 the fastest mx1 moto 1 laptime was 1.44.7 (desalle) so herlings was going faster on a rougher track, than everyone in both classes
BobPA
7/7/2014 7:36am
id say those "Serious contract negotiations" with honda were a way to scare ktm into paying him more. If hed wanted to move to 450 class...
id say those "Serious contract negotiations" with honda were a way to scare ktm into paying him more. If hed wanted to move to 450 class he wouldve told ktm "either 450 class or I go to honda". This is all about cairoli getting in the record books for most championships. That'd make a nice ad campaign for him riding a ktm even though all were'nt won on ktms. people forget that cairoli is also to blame for not wanting someone in his class who might smoke his ass. Thats cowardice in pursuit of the record books- not the attitide of a champ who is confident of challenge.I think treating the 250 class as a lesser title or stepping stone class is bullshit, but id think an athlete at the top of his game would tire of cakewalks and would be eager to test his skill against the best in the premiere class. Ktm cant take all the blame; he simply doesnt seem to want to leave that class. Its like free money when you can almost guarantee youll win every race. He one of the fastest riders ever but like it or not hes sandbagging if he averages fucking 30 second victories.
Did you really call AC a coward? You have as much of a clue of what is going on within the KTM team as I do. If he was scared he would not race the MXoN. You complete and utter douche
JeepnMike
7/7/2014 7:54am
Zero2Hero wrote:
Herlings is a big fat vagi, right along with the rest of the euro/German fan boys. If TC had the sack to come race the pinnacle...
Herlings is a big fat vagi, right along with the rest of the euro/German fan boys. If TC had the sack to come race the pinnacle of motocross here in America, he struggles for top ten. I bet he wouldn't have anything for the likes of josh Grant and even Reed. And for that puss Herlings, unadilla is going to be a rude awakening
Park Boys wrote:
Let me be the first to tell you that you are a fucking idiot.
I have a suspicion this guy knew how embraced his response would be.. You nailed it. To add some spice:

PFitzG38
7/7/2014 1:14pm
PressPassP wrote:
Not that crap again, obviously not a true Moto fan then eh? That "2nd rate" series has kicked American ass the past 2 years when they've...
Not that crap again, obviously not a true Moto fan then eh? That "2nd rate" series has kicked American ass the past 2 years when they've met

It doesn't mean one series is better than the other either,only having 25-30 on the gate is down to politics,not having another 10 or 15 privateers running in there ( who subsequently get no public recognition or intrest,just moaned at for being lappers)

Where you originate from usually determines what you prefer,for me the best racing has been MX2 behind Herlings this year,on the different variation of tracks too,the AMA has seen some awesome races too.I feel lucky in this day and age to be able to see the 2 series,anyhow

I think you're so pissed that Herlings isn't going over there like Kenny Laughing
LOl. I've been a moto fan since before the first Superbowl of MX. Basically as soon as I saw the premier of On Any Sunday and had a name for what I was doing on my Schwinn.

I hold Herlings and all the top GP riders in the highest regard. I'm not saying either US or EU riders are faster than the other and I wouldn't care either way, like you I just want to see good racing and I don't consider 15 - 20 rider gates on absolutely ridiculous "tracks" spread out over Third World and inaccessible / inhospitable countries "good racing".

It's the SERIES I consider second rate NOT the riders, I feel bad for the GP guys.

IMHO, there is NO WAY you can justify what Youthstream has done to the GPs.
PFitzG38
7/7/2014 1:16pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/07/58750/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

LOL. Getting Old?

If so I think I agree. I'm over this topic.
PressPassP
7/7/2014 2:36pm
PressPassP wrote:
Not that crap again, obviously not a true Moto fan then eh? That "2nd rate" series has kicked American ass the past 2 years when they've...

PFitzG38 wrote:
LOl. I've been a moto fan since before the first Superbowl of MX. Basically as soon as I saw the premier of On Any Sunday and...
LOl. I've been a moto fan since before the first Superbowl of MX. Basically as soon as I saw the premier of On Any Sunday and had a name for what I was doing on my Schwinn.

I hold Herlings and all the top GP riders in the highest regard. I'm not saying either US or EU riders are faster than the other and I wouldn't care either way, like you I just want to see good racing and I don't consider 15 - 20 rider gates on absolutely ridiculous "tracks" spread out over Third World and inaccessible / inhospitable countries "good racing".

It's the SERIES I consider second rate NOT the riders, I feel bad for the GP guys.

Oh sure,the politics of the whole deal is another thing in itself,no apologies there,another whole issue,sorry if wires were crossed maybe Dry
The Rock
7/7/2014 5:04pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
LOl. I've been a moto fan since before the first Superbowl of MX. Basically as soon as I saw the premier of On Any Sunday and...

There are several exaggerations in your post. . The half filled gates is the exception not the rule and is a by product of the flyaway races.

If you think there is anything second rate about the GPs some thing tells me you have never been to one nor do you watch them much on TV .

I do like how you aren't a fan either of the immature IMHO our riders are faster than your riders nonsense that is on here way too much.
tzmike
7/7/2014 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 5:33pm
86-- Johnny O on a RC 125, MxOn- Italy.. whipped all the 500's. Yes, I'm that old....
Crush
7/7/2014 5:35pm
tzmike wrote:
86-- Johnny O on a RC 125, MxOn- Italy.. whipped all the 500's. Yes, I'm that old....
It's never happened before, he's the 2nd coming! You shut your anti oranje mouth!
7/7/2014 5:39pm
BobPA wrote:
Did you really call AC a coward? You have as much of a clue of what is going on within the KTM team as I do...
Did you really call AC a coward? You have as much of a clue of what is going on within the KTM team as I do. If he was scared he would not race the MXoN. You complete and utter douche
"Cowardice in pursuit of record books" means hes taking the easy approach; instead of welcoming a rider of herlings caliber, he uses politics (allegedly) to keep him in the 250 class. It may not be literal cowardice, but if its true its lame. I didnt realize you were dating him or id chosen my words a little wiser. My apologies, madam.
tzmike
7/7/2014 5:43pm
Hold on Crush, those RC's WERE ORANGE back in those days ! Or, as close to NOT RED as they could be. KTM's would look great with the blue highlights Honda used back then.. IMO....
Crush
7/7/2014 5:53pm
Best thing about the 80s were flo plastics and gear. MX and SX looked bitchin back then!
wreckitrandy
7/7/2014 7:05pm
Smaller bikes turning faster laps is nothing new but, Herlings isn't just turning faster laps. He's making a mockery of the gp's. I only hope our guys can make a race out of it at Unadilla. I believe BB will be bowed up for the challenge. The hilly track and Herlings appearing to be some heavier could play a factor there.
slipdog
7/7/2014 7:48pm
jamma10 wrote:

Jefro98 wrote:
Couldn't agree more.
Jamma, I've counted 7 American posters in this thread complimenting/defending Herlings before your post. That's not counting the ones after you.

You guys are part of the problem Eurobros!
mx965
7/7/2014 8:15pm
jamma10 wrote:

Jefro98 wrote:
Couldn't agree more.
slipdog wrote:
Jamma, I've counted 7 American posters in this thread complimenting/defending Herlings before your post. That's not counting the ones after you. You guys are part of...
Jamma, I've counted 7 American posters in this thread complimenting/defending Herlings before your post. That's not counting the ones after you.

You guys are part of the problem Eurobros!
X2

I dont think one can make the assumption that American "motocross fans" are not moto fans?...Idek what that was supposed to mean to be honest.
7/7/2014 8:40pm
I think the bigger problem is that AC and JH both ride for KTM, so pitting them against each other probably isn't the best idea from a marketing standpoint when they could otherwise win both classes rather than run 1-2 in the premiere class. Sucks for racing and the fans, but that's the game.

Glad we'll get to see JH ride at Unadilla next month. Hope he gets good equipment/setup. If he does then that's a 1-1.

Cheers
Simon

Post a reply to: Herlings laptimes faster than mx1 again

The Latest