Herlings is the real deal!

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:55am
What a fantastic ride in the second MX2 moto at Mantova for 15 year old Dutch sensation Jeff Herlings. He came within 2 corners of beating world champion Marvin Musquin but what a debut in world motocross last week in Bulgaria and winning the qualifying race Satureday, then this performance from the 15 year old.
It's going to be real interesting to see him at Valkensward in home sand in 2 weeks time!
Herlings is just another of a long line of fast teenagers from Europe.
Wonder if any of the touted US kids Barcia, Tomac, etc? will dare turn out at Glen Helen
to measure themselves against the likes of Herlings, Roczen etc.
|
burnside
4/12/2010 6:25am
robkinuk wrote:
What a fantastic ride in the second MX2 moto at Mantova for 15 year old Dutch sensation Jeff Herlings. He came within 2 corners of beating...
What a fantastic ride in the second MX2 moto at Mantova for 15 year old Dutch sensation Jeff Herlings. He came within 2 corners of beating world champion Marvin Musquin but what a debut in world motocross last week in Bulgaria and winning the qualifying race Satureday, then this performance from the 15 year old.
It's going to be real interesting to see him at Valkensward in home sand in 2 weeks time!
Wonder if any of the touted US kids Barcia, Tomac, etc? will dare turn out at Glen Helen
Thats a good point! That would be awesome to see the Euro Groms vs the American Groms!
mccread
4/12/2010 6:34am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:04pm
Herlings and Roczen are unreal I have never seen two guys that fast that young before bar maybe Tortelli but I think these two are even better. If those guys where from the US the hype would be unreal on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing Herlings in Holland..he seems to be a fast learner.

Isn't Barcia 18 now maybe he should be compared more to charlier lol ? I don't think Barcia is as good as either of them, maybe as fast in the US, but not as race smart.

Looking forward to Tomacs debut at Hangtown too. Maybe Barcia will get chose for the nations?

Also how does Anstie compare to them now?, he is maybe a year or two older but he used to race them both, however has he really improved as much as they have over the last two years? I hope he races Glen Helen too would be interesting to see if being in the US made him any faster compared to those guys, i think they may be ahead of him now- but who knows? Max was flying before he got injured.
track guy
4/12/2010 6:46am
mantova is a sand track and herlings grew up riding sand.
jamma10
4/12/2010 6:47am
mccread wrote:
Herlings and Roczen are unreal I have never seen two guys that fast that young before bar maybe Tortelli but I think these two are even...
Herlings and Roczen are unreal I have never seen two guys that fast that young before bar maybe Tortelli but I think these two are even better. If those guys where from the US the hype would be unreal on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing Herlings in Holland..he seems to be a fast learner.

Isn't Barcia 18 now maybe he should be compared more to charlier lol ? I don't think Barcia is as good as either of them, maybe as fast in the US, but not as race smart.

Looking forward to Tomacs debut at Hangtown too. Maybe Barcia will get chose for the nations?

Also how does Anstie compare to them now?, he is maybe a year or two older but he used to race them both, however has he really improved as much as they have over the last two years? I hope he races Glen Helen too would be interesting to see if being in the US made him any faster compared to those guys, i think they may be ahead of him now- but who knows? Max was flying before he got injured.
I dunno Mccread, I think on his day Barcia has enough raw speed to beat almost anybody. But like you say he is a little older I guess.

Tortelli was Barcia fast but he just crashed his brains out for the first few years.

The Shop

Mrtf
4/12/2010 7:05am
yeah Mantova is a sandy track thats why he was on it, for sure he is fast, but he cant hang with either Musquin or Roczen yet on a hardpacked track

and i think both of Roczen and Herlings are smarter than Barcia but Barcia has some more speed.

And about Anstie i dont think we can compare, because he is racing in Us and Roczen and Herlings in Gp´s we will hopefully see at the mxdn
mccread
4/12/2010 7:13am
Yea speed wise Barica is there on a US track but I dont think he is as race smart over a series and he is 3 years older he rides the edge more. On a Dutch track Herlings would probably win and on a hard German track Roczen would probably win.

So to compare fairly i would say over a GP series I dont think he would beat Herlings or Roczen at the end of the series with the variety of tracks etc. In the US series it would be pretty close but I would maybe give the edge to Roczen.

Saying that Musquin is actually closer to Barcias age than Herlings anyway. At 15 Barcia was not the speed those guys are now. Even Musquin seemed shocked at how fast Herlings was - " he is soo young and soo fast!"

Tomac is more comparable in terms of age to Roczen and Herlings than Barcia imo.
4/12/2010 8:57am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 8:58am
robkinuk wrote:
What a fantastic ride in the second MX2 moto at Mantova for 15 year old Dutch sensation Jeff Herlings. He came within 2 corners of beating...
burnside wrote:
Thats a good point! That would be awesome to see the Euro Groms vs the American Groms!
DARE ?? WTF Don't know if Barcia is going to show up but Barcia would put one serious ASS WHOOPIN on the Euro's !!
Huckster
4/12/2010 9:09am
Roczen and Herling are very good against the GP's. Once they get that 5-6 yrs in triple AAA under their belt like Pourcel, they will come over and be competitive in the lites class. I just hope they dont make the mistake that Tyla and Tommy did by coming over before they were seasoned enough....
SMITH201
4/12/2010 9:11am
Whats up with Van Whorebeak? I expected more out of him.
ayearinmx
4/12/2010 9:24am
he had a gnarely crash in moto 2, back wheel slipped on jump face and he wasn't able to land properly, coulda been a lot worse than a bent wheel...
doing about as well as i'd expect him to.... never exactly been known for his consistency

as for the whole barcia / herlings / roczen thing.... i think it's cool to see so many people who've never actually seen all the riders ride, know exactly how well they'll do, on tracks not all of them have ridden

fact is, roczen and herlings can't race in america for another 3 yrs... barcia won't leave america, so the only place we'll see them against each other (maybe) is in the MXDN... and that's only if barcia gets picked

i'd go with roczen tho bahahaha Woohoo
jamma10
4/12/2010 9:47am
Huckster wrote:
Roczen and Herling are very good against the GP's. Once they get that 5-6 yrs in triple AAA under their belt like Pourcel, they will come...
Roczen and Herling are very good against the GP's. Once they get that 5-6 yrs in triple AAA under their belt like Pourcel, they will come over and be competitive in the lites class. I just hope they dont make the mistake that Tyla and Tommy did by coming over before they were seasoned enough....
Tyla who?
mccread
4/12/2010 9:56am
robkinuk wrote:
burnside wrote:
DARE ?? WTF Don't know if Barcia is going to show up but Barcia would put one serious ASS WHOOPIN on the Euro's !!
The same Barcia that got beat by Metty and Weimar in the nationals who Roczen beat at the MXDN? They are all similar in speed.

Yet more ignorance blinded by nationality as opposed to looking at each rider for their abiltiies regardless of nationality.
Huckster
4/12/2010 10:09am
so let me get this, Pourcel loses to Dungey last year, but is faster. Metcalf and Weimer beat Justin overall in the series, so Justin is slower than them. Roczen beats Weimer and Metty at a ONE OFF race, so that makes him faster than Justin. Can someone from EARTH please explain that to me....

Wait, Justin beat Tyla Rattray and Tommy Searle last year so that means.....
mccread
4/12/2010 10:16am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 10:17am
Roczen and Musquin beat them both too +Tyla was 3rd in points until he got hurt....and No it means they are all a similar level, I know that is hard to accept since you think Barcia is superior based on his nationality...
SMITH201
4/12/2010 10:30am
mccread wrote:
Roczen and Musquin beat them both too +Tyla was 3rd in points until he got hurt....and No it means they are all a similar level, I...
Roczen and Musquin beat them both too +Tyla was 3rd in points until he got hurt....and No it means they are all a similar level, I know that is hard to accept since you think Barcia is superior based on his nationality...
can i get a G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i get a P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GP! GP! GP! GP! GP!
Mrtf
4/12/2010 10:56am
there need to be a new planet made if we are gonna talk, we cant talk bout the mxdn cuz weime, metty struggled, we cant compare AMA and GP from what it looks like from the tv

a new planet needs to be made with 15 motocross tracks, riders that will ride the lites class is

Musquin, Pourcel, Struope, Davalos, Sipes, Roczen, Herlings, barcia, Weimer, Hansen, Canard, Hoorebeek, Metcalfe, Wilson, Rattray, Searle, Frossard, Wharton, Paulin, Bagget??, Osbourne, Charlier, Aubin ( is fast but strugglin ), Roelants ( struggling so far ), Simpson, Schiffer, Anstie, Cunningham, Adams, Seely, Wil Hanh, Nicoletti, Tickle

here are the 33 best lites riders I came to think of, every one of them should have live on this planet for 2 years, should had exactly the same riding hours

THEN WE CAN TALK !!!!!!!!
mccread
4/12/2010 11:16am
er Isn't that what the World GPs are? except the American riders don't race it because they want to race and live at home -but 15 rounds in 14 differenct countries... that's the fairest championship there is.

Don't forget Jake Nicholls, Arnaud Tonus, both top 10 in the GPs atm. I would add Tomac too!

Not sure Adams or Nicoletti would be on that list. Martin Barr or Matiss Karro would be as good.

But yea that would be a great race... if only the Americans would race the US GP this year we would actually get to see it.

Mrtf
4/12/2010 11:18am
yeah i was going for a 40 guys list but forgot some guys,

new guys to the list: PJ larsen, Tonus, Jake Nicholls,

mccread
4/12/2010 11:44am
Your right about Larson how he has no ride in the US is beyond me... an agent somewhere dropped the ball there!
Huckster
4/12/2010 12:10pm
mccread wrote:
Roczen and Musquin beat them both too +Tyla was 3rd in points until he got hurt....and No it means they are all a similar level, I...
Actually I am German. I just cant understand your logic.
jamma10
4/12/2010 12:42pm
mccread wrote:
er Isn't that what the World GPs are? except the American riders don't race it because they want to race and live at home -but 15...
er Isn't that what the World GPs are? except the American riders don't race it because they want to race and live at home -but 15 rounds in 14 differenct countries... that's the fairest championship there is.

Don't forget Jake Nicholls, Arnaud Tonus, both top 10 in the GPs atm. I would add Tomac too!

Not sure Adams or Nicoletti would be on that list. Martin Barr or Matiss Karro would be as good.

But yea that would be a great race... if only the Americans would race the US GP this year we would actually get to see it.

Tonus looks like he could turn into a good little rider eh. He impressed me at the Hawkstone international and he rode well on Sunday. He's one to watch I think.
ShookTwo
4/12/2010 1:16pm
Barcia cleaned the floor with Roczens ass at Lorretas. Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer have beaten Barcia outdoors. So that means Barcia, Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer could all be world champions. I win.
DanDunes818
4/12/2010 1:19pm
The kid is incredible. He's allot faster and allot more composed and in control then I thought he would be. Not to mention his conditioning. The kid was still running under 2 min lap times on lap 18 and 19. To put that in perspective Shawn Simpsons, and Frossard best time of the second heat wasn't under 2 min and Herlings was running 1:58's and 1:59's on lap 18 and 19. That's incredible. I felt so bad when he made that mistake at the end. But I guess that's just part of the learning curve.

The mx 2 class this year is deeper then I can remember it being anytime recently. If the 4th through 10th guys like Tonus,Osborne,Vanhorbeek,Roelants,Charlier,Frossard,Simpson,Nicholls, can step it up just a hair this would be an incredible season. Those guys just are just slightly off the pace with Frossard being slightly closer to the top 3 then the rest of them.

I'm so stoked the GPs are here and the ama outdoors are right around the corner.
DanDunes818
4/12/2010 1:20pm
ShookTwo wrote:
Barcia cleaned the floor with Roczens ass at Lorretas. Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer have beaten Barcia outdoors. So that means Barcia...
Barcia cleaned the floor with Roczens ass at Lorretas. Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer have beaten Barcia outdoors. So that means Barcia, Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer could all be world champions. I win.
This post is about as moronic as it gets.
Mrtf
4/12/2010 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 1:24pm
ShookTwo wrote:
Barcia cleaned the floor with Roczens ass at Lorretas. Canard, Dungey, Pourcel, Wharton, Bagget, Lemoine, Stroupe, and Weimer have beaten Barcia outdoors. So that means Barcia...
dumd post, Roczencleaned the floor with Weimer ass at the Mxdn, does that means IF he would race West coast lites he would have been in the lead ? guess so !
kongols
4/12/2010 1:28pm
ShookTwo wrote:
Wow! You took it to the next levelBlink
Huckster
4/12/2010 1:33pm
ShookTwo wrote:
why? that follows Mccreads logic to the T....
DanDunes818
4/12/2010 1:37pm
ShookTwo wrote:
THX DANDUNES818
I know you're just trying to make a point based on Mccreads statement but you got to admit it made no sense.lol
ShookTwo
4/12/2010 1:41pm
Mrtf wrote:
dumd post, Roczencleaned the floor with Weimer ass at the Mxdn, does that means IF he would race West coast lites he would have been in...
dumd post, Roczencleaned the floor with Weimer ass at the Mxdn, does that means IF he would race West coast lites he would have been in the lead ? guess so !
so, following the rules of mccread-logic, this should of crashed the whole system? im still trying to break down the equations that mccread-logic uses but its not easy. I think somewhere he is dividing by zero and also 1 ≠ 2.

Post a reply to: Herlings is the real deal!

The Latest