Herlings interview - 2014

Edited Date/Time 12/8/2013 12:07pm
For those interested.

In many peoples eyes Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross. Herlings is a little more modest and still feels the man to beat is Antonio Cairoli, but in all out speed, there are question marks about which of the two World Motocross Champions is faster.

http://www.mxlarge.com/2013/12/05/jeffrey-herlings-interview-usa/
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
12/5/2013 3:57am
To save people from clicking on the spam, Herlings is just going to the USA for DCs photo shoot. That's it.
Olson
12/5/2013 4:12am
I accutally tought it was a great interview. If Herlings goal is to defeat Everts record of 10 World Championship Titles I feel really bad for Cairoli who is up to 7 by now and will turn 29 by next season. I think Herlings will have Cairoli covered by the time he moves up (let's say 2016). Desalle, Poulin, Searle, Rattray, De Dyker, Simpson etc will not make it easy reaching 9 titles by then.
12/5/2013 4:28am
He was really humble on the Cairoli part.
Pretty open to even mention alcohol and partying in a interview.

Geoff: For the record, Alessio Chiodi won three 125 world championships in a row Smile

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/5/2013 4:30am
Olson wrote:
I accutally tought it was a great interview. If Herlings goal is to defeat Everts record of 10 World Championship Titles I feel really bad for...
I accutally tought it was a great interview. If Herlings goal is to defeat Everts record of 10 World Championship Titles I feel really bad for Cairoli who is up to 7 by now and will turn 29 by next season. I think Herlings will have Cairoli covered by the time he moves up (let's say 2016). Desalle, Poulin, Searle, Rattray, De Dyker, Simpson etc will not make it easy reaching 9 titles by then.
So Herlings is going to stay in the 250F class till 2016? No challenge for him.
12/5/2013 4:34am
He was really humble on the Cairoli part. Pretty open to even mention alcohol and partying in a interview. Geoff: For the record, Alessio Chiodi won...
He was really humble on the Cairoli part.
Pretty open to even mention alcohol and partying in a interview.

Geoff: For the record, Alessio Chiodi won three 125 world championships in a row Smile
oh shit, you are correct. I should have known that, I followed the 125cc class in those years for Cycle News.....Pretty dumb of me. I will change it.

Geoff
12/5/2013 4:35am
Olson wrote:
I accutally tought it was a great interview. If Herlings goal is to defeat Everts record of 10 World Championship Titles I feel really bad for...
Thanks mate. He is a good interview, always says the right thing. For a 19 year old he is on it.
Olson
12/5/2013 4:43am
Ramrod wrote:
No, I was only speculating, therefore the "let's say". We know for a fact he will stay in the class through 2014, and he said it's not only his decision if he moves up come 2015.
12/5/2013 5:12am
He's levelled out pretty good really,he'll surely move up after next season,he's ridden the bigger bike a good few times now and beaten some big names,I'm looking forward to the day him and Antonio go at it
12/5/2013 5:20am
Ramrod wrote:
Olson wrote:
No, I was only speculating, therefore the "let's say". We know for a fact he will stay in the class through 2014, and he said it's...
No, I was only speculating, therefore the "let's say". We know for a fact he will stay in the class through 2014, and he said it's not only his decision if he moves up come 2015.
To be honest, with him in MX2 and Cairoli in MX1 KTM can dominate for years. If I was KTM why take him out of MX2? The kids 19 for gods sake.
jamma10
12/5/2013 6:57am
For those interested. In many peoples eyes Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross. Herlings...
For those interested.

In many peoples eyes Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross. Herlings is a little more modest and still feels the man to beat is Antonio Cairoli, but in all out speed, there are question marks about which of the two World Motocross Champions is faster.

"In many peoples eyes Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross."

slipdog
12/5/2013 7:23am
Good interview, thanks!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/5/2013 7:28am
Ramrod wrote:
Olson wrote:
No, I was only speculating, therefore the "let's say". We know for a fact he will stay in the class through 2014, and he said it's...
To be honest, with him in MX2 and Cairoli in MX1 KTM can dominate for years. If I was KTM why take him out of MX2...
To be honest, with him in MX2 and Cairoli in MX1 KTM can dominate for years. If I was KTM why take him out of MX2? The kids 19 for gods sake.
This is true. Business wise KTM can dominate for years to come but as for a fan, Herlings should move up and challenge the champ while he is in his prime. Would make for some great racing.
MotoX85
12/5/2013 9:07am
If I was considered one of THEE best riders in the world................I would probably want to go PROVE it and ride against what people consider the OTHER best riders in the world..................just sayin

Staying on a 250 so Cairoli can stay in MX1 so KTM can dominate is horseshit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Win Championships................a team and your paycheck will follow.

Don't care how fast the couch posers "speculate" how fast Herlings is, kind of hard to take them serious when he still rides the "SUPPORT" class. Not mature enough to ride MX1 (even though my 13 yr old rides my 450) but is bragged upon how mature he is on how he conducted his interview......

But I do welcome him to SHUT ME UP.
FlaNard
12/5/2013 9:58am
Amazing rider. This is the GP version of RC dominating on the 250 and Bubba dominating on the 125's. Just waiting for worlds to collide and hoping Tony wont be past it once they do. That is going to be a fun time to be a GP fan. My money is still on Tony over the course of a season.
DonM
12/5/2013 10:27am
Ramrod wrote:
Olson wrote:
To be honest, with him in MX2 and Cairoli in MX1 KTM can dominate for years. If I was KTM why take him out of MX2...
Didn't Everts say in an interview recently that he (KTM) wanted Herlings to move up but it was Herlings that was set on staying on the 250 for a few more years?
TDeath21
12/5/2013 11:19am
19 is about the age most top guys make the jump from 250 to 450. As we all know, MX careers are not the longest out there, so if he is on a 250 past the age of 20 I'd question that decision, especially with nobody challenging him and going into his 4th year in the class. In my opinion, it would help him be so much better as a rider if he were to come race the US nationals on the 250 or move up and challenge Cairoli. Three years in the support class is plenty for him. Four years should be the max in my opinion.
12/5/2013 11:47am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2013 11:47am
Olson wrote:
DonM wrote:
Didn't Everts say in an interview recently that he (KTM) wanted Herlings to move up but it was Herlings that was set on staying on the...
Didn't Everts say in an interview recently that he (KTM) wanted Herlings to move up but it was Herlings that was set on staying on the 250 for a few more years?
I get the feeling Stefan wants Herlings to race Cairoli ASAP, and stop the Cairoli run towards that 10 titles...but I could be wrong. Herlings can do with another year of experience in the MX2 class. It won't hurt him. it is only his fifth year in the GPs.
peelout
12/5/2013 11:50am
For those interested. In many peoples eyes Red Bull KTM Factory rider Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross. Herlings...
For those interested.

Jeffrey Herlings might already be the fastest rider in the World of Motocross

LMAO!

on what fucking basis, bro?
Ing
12/5/2013 11:56am
For those interested.

peelout wrote:

LMAO!

He did win a sand race I believe.
robkinuk
12/5/2013 12:03pm
peelout wrote:

LMAO!

As they say in parliment: " May I refer the right honourable gentleman to the evidence provided earlier

The lapping of Blake Baggett in first moto at Lommel MXDN 2012.
12/5/2013 12:08pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
To save people from clicking on the spam, Herlings is just going to the USA for DCs photo shoot. That's it.
How did you go with saving people. You start to act like my stalker......
12/5/2013 12:08pm
people keep bigging up the whole tc versus herlings thing which is great bench racing but the fact is tony has covered herlings fine, heck herlings even crashed his brains out of the championship he raced this year and that was with no competition, when they do line up together full time my moneys on tony as his cunning will overcome any youth and speed herlings has over the duration of a whole season
12/5/2013 12:09pm
For those interested.

peelout wrote:

LMAO!

The basis that he is really, really fast.
TDeath21
12/5/2013 12:10pm
robkinuk wrote:
As they say in parliment: " May I refer the right honourable gentleman to the evidence provided earlier [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/12/05/38116/s1200_DSC_0432.jpg[/img] The [b]lapping [/b]of Blake Baggett in first...
As they say in parliment: " May I refer the right honourable gentleman to the evidence provided earlier

The lapping of Blake Baggett in first moto at Lommel MXDN 2012.
So the fact that he lapped Baggett means he's the fastest rider in the world?
rebus
12/5/2013 12:27pm
I think RV is the fastest motocross racer in the world. I don't see who can reasonably deny this.
ehr400
12/5/2013 12:28pm
JC, if they held a MXDN at Barcias, RV's, RC's, or james personal track I am pretty sure one of them would dominate the shit out of Herlings or Tony. Lommel is literally the personal practice track for these guys, same with Lierop. So tired of the whole which side is faster debacle.
rebus
12/5/2013 12:30pm
Herlings said he wasn't impressed by Dungey or Barica but it looked to me like Dungey and Barcia were off their usual pace. I kind of see Cairoli and Dungey around the same speed which is a bit slower than Villopoto.
12/5/2013 12:33pm
mototed 82 wrote:
people keep bigging up the whole tc versus herlings thing which is great bench racing but the fact is tony has covered herlings fine, heck herlings...
people keep bigging up the whole tc versus herlings thing which is great bench racing but the fact is tony has covered herlings fine, heck herlings even crashed his brains out of the championship he raced this year and that was with no competition, when they do line up together full time my moneys on tony as his cunning will overcome any youth and speed herlings has over the duration of a whole season
I think Cairoli has too much experience for Herlings at the moment, but Herlings is coming fast and it won't be long. But I think anyone who follows the GPs knows that.

Post a reply to: Herlings interview - 2014

The Latest