Herlings in for MXoN and Lierop??

Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 10:36am
News on the weekend that Jeffrey Herlings has told KTM that he might be ok for Lierop and the MXoN afterall. Seems that the young dutchman has recovered well from the shoulder injury and has given some thought to racing in Lierop and the MXoN. If this is the case its great news for the Motocross public. Both Glenn Coldenhoff and Antonio Cairoli mentioned also that Herlings looks like he might race afterall.

www.mxlarge.com
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
8/26/2013 1:25am
Thatd be pretty good. If he doesn't lap up to at least 5th at Lierop we'll know somethings up
TMV
8/26/2013 2:34am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 2:35am
Wow, those KTM doctors are definitely really good. They could actually make their riders live without liver, lol...
8/26/2013 4:30am
yeah i heard Malin saying it @ the weekend but for me he should leave Leirop and do MXDN, it's the only sensible option - what does he or the team have to benefit from Leirop? Nothing.
hvaughn88
8/26/2013 5:28am
The only thing that sucks about this is if he gets beat, it's gonna be "because of the injury" and the debate will continue until next year.

The Shop

Hanaa80
8/26/2013 5:56am
hvaughn88 wrote:
The only thing that sucks about this is if he gets beat, it's gonna be "because of the injury" and the debate will continue until next...
The only thing that sucks about this is if he gets beat, it's gonna be "because of the injury" and the debate will continue until next year.
It'll especially suck if he wins - "He destroyed everybody regardless of the injury". Basically, we're effed.
slipdog
8/26/2013 6:51am
Kids got heart! Thanks for the update.
500guy
8/26/2013 7:27am
I remember when RC got hurt and they were still advertising He was racing the MXon at Matterly

thousands of fans were bummed when they found out Tedesco was riding in his place.
jamma10
8/26/2013 7:40am
500guy wrote:
I remember when RC got hurt and they were still advertising He was racing the MXon at Matterly thousands of fans were bummed when they found...
I remember when RC got hurt and they were still advertising He was racing the MXon at Matterly

thousands of fans were bummed when they found out Tedesco was riding in his place.
To be fair though, wasn't he going to wait until the last possible moment before making the decision whether to ride or not? Im sure news that he wouldn't be riding came only within days of the event.

Maybe he was stringing everyone along, but if anyone was going to try everything he could to be fit to race it would have been RC.
8/26/2013 8:21am
500guy wrote:
I remember when RC got hurt and they were still advertising He was racing the MXon at Matterly thousands of fans were bummed when they found...

jamma10 wrote:
To be fair though, wasn't he going to wait until the last possible moment before making the decision whether to ride or not? Im sure news...
To be fair though, wasn't he going to wait until the last possible moment before making the decision whether to ride or not? Im sure news that he wouldn't be riding came only within days of the event.

Maybe he was stringing everyone along, but if anyone was going to try everything he could to be fit to race it would have been RC.
He did wait until the last minute, and that was like two days before the race or something, maybe even a day. I think if Herlings is talking Lierop, then MXoN should be a peice of cake. They said he needed a month to six weeks, so Lierop will be around a month, des Nations around six weeks.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/26/2013 8:29am
JH twitter: "Yeah omw back #suprise"
not sure what he means with omw, probably "I'm" :>
dice78
8/26/2013 8:35am
I really don't think he got hurt that bad. i think when tomac blow him away they will say he was hurt plus they found out poto is out so now he is back in a broke shoulder take a while
8/26/2013 9:06am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 9:08am
dice78 wrote:
I really don't think he got hurt that bad. i think when tomac blow him away they will say he was hurt plus they found out...
I really don't think he got hurt that bad. i think when tomac blow him away they will say he was hurt plus they found out poto is out so now he is back in a broke shoulder take a while
Herlings will be MX1 and Tomac MX2, can't see Tomac blowing Roczen away at the MXoN let alone the fastest Motocross rider in the World (herlings).
8/26/2013 9:12am
If you think he will get smoked on hardpack you'l be in for a surprise ! Dont get me wrong i'm huge fan of the Amercian series and there riders but Jeffrey is truly one off a kind.
Bauer
8/26/2013 9:12am
He did wait until the last minute, and that was like two days before the race or something, maybe even a day. I think if Herlings...
He did wait until the last minute, and that was like two days before the race or something, maybe even a day. I think if Herlings is talking Lierop, then MXoN should be a peice of cake. They said he needed a month to six weeks, so Lierop will be around a month, des Nations around six weeks.
Geoff, please remember, "I before E, except after C"...you're welcome! Peice Out!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/26/2013 9:13am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 9:17am
why wouldnt he ride lierop? maybe because its one of the roughest tracks on the planet, try to ride ONE lap there with an injured shoulder (or a pinky for you to be fair) & then you can come back and keep talking bs
he's injured holy fk, what kind of sportsmen are you guys?? lol

fyi he does face the big guys, just not in the GPs (because he has plenty of year to come). He beats all of them including Dedijcker in National Races (not only on sand). get your facts straight before blaming s.o
DownSouth
8/26/2013 9:25am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 9:33am
500guy wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
To be fair though, wasn't he going to wait until the last possible moment before making the decision whether to ride or not? Im sure news...

He did wait until the last minute, and that was like two days before the race or something, maybe even a day. I think if Herlings...
Check your facts journalist, you time line is way off. Tongue

RC hurt his shoulder at the 2006 Glen Helen national on 9/10

The press release announcing Tedesco taking RC's spot was issued on 9/14.

The 2006 Matterley Basin MXDN was held on 9/24

There was some uncertainty but the fact that they sent Tedesco over seems to show that everyone knew RC racing was a long shot at best.

jamma10
8/26/2013 9:34am
DownSouth wrote:
Check your facts journalist, you time line is way off. :P RC hurt his shoulder at the [url=http://vault.racerxonline.com/2006-09-10/mx/glen-helen-raceway]2006 Glen Helen national[/url] on 9/10 The [url=http://motocross.transworld.net/1000018820/features/ama-pro-racing-announces-ivan-tedesco-to-join-team-usa-in-england/]press release...
Check your facts journalist, you time line is way off. Tongue

RC hurt his shoulder at the 2006 Glen Helen national on 9/10

The press release announcing Tedesco taking RC's spot was issued on 9/14.

The 2006 Matterley Basin MXDN was held on 9/24

There was some uncertainty but the fact that they sent Tedesco over seems to show that everyone knew RC racing was a long shot at best.

Did you read the press release?

It states that Tedesco has been selected as a back up incase RC couldn't ride, just as I and Geoff suggested.

“I am working very hard to be able to compete at the Motocross of Nations event next week, but I feel that the best decision that we have is to send Ivan in case I am not able to ride,” said Carmichael this morning. “Ivan has experience at this event and will have the full support staff from Makita Suzuki on hand to make sure that the bikes are ready for both of us. This will be a race time decision and Ivan will be prepared either way.
500guy
8/26/2013 9:37am
Not bashing anyone, they did mislead everyone but We still won and I got to see Everts ride his last race and win in Brilliant fashion.
DownSouth
8/26/2013 9:40am
jamma10 wrote:
Did you read the press release? It states that Tedesco has been selected as a back up incase RC couldn't ride, just as I and Geoff...
Did you read the press release?

It states that Tedesco has been selected as a back up incase RC couldn't ride, just as I and Geoff suggested.

“I am working very hard to be able to compete at the Motocross of Nations event next week, but I feel that the best decision that we have is to send Ivan in case I am not able to ride,” said Carmichael this morning. “Ivan has experience at this event and will have the full support staff from Makita Suzuki on hand to make sure that the bikes are ready for both of us. This will be a race time decision and Ivan will be prepared either way.
Yes I read it. The US team never sends any alternate riders overseas for the race. The fact that they did should have been a big clue RC was not racing. Someone was in on some funny business trying to keep his name attached to the event.
themrtoad
8/26/2013 12:25pm
Oh no, Aldon Baker only get paid so much and has such an impressive record because he teaches them how to run. People in USA drive everywhere and they have forgotten how to run.
8/26/2013 1:14pm
Big talk with no substance as usual,you obviously know nothing about racing outside the US,he's easily beaten most of the MX1 fast guys in National championsip races,on harder tracks,as well as sand

I'll take the comments of Pro racers like Decotis,who've raced both series on the speed of competition in the GPs when comparing to the AMA too,diferrent sides of the pond is diferrent gravy

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/26/2013 1:33pm
Hope he's fit; it's a better race for everyone if he's in it and fit. A great talent and pleasure to watch ride whatever your nation.
chrisbuehler
8/26/2013 4:19pm
Herlings will be MX1 and Tomac MX2, can't see Tomac blowing Roczen away at the MXoN let alone the fastest Motocross rider in the World (herlings).
Guess you havent been paying attention to the Nationals where Tomac realed in Roczen at will from. And with shitty starts. You think the track being familiar to Kenny is gonna neutralize that gap that much? Now Hearlings, on the other hand, is diff. I think he's surpassed Roczen and have a hard time betting against him after last year. I dont care what track surface it is, he's a force as is Tomac. And to stay on topic, that's awesome JH is gonna try and give it a go. Like him or not, he's tough as nails and you know he wants to race the best in the world. He's taken a couple spills this season and mans up every time. I hope he smashes Lierop
visser62
8/26/2013 4:23pm
Guess you havent been paying attention to the Nationals where Tomac realed in Roczen at will from. And with shitty starts. You think the track being...
Guess you havent been paying attention to the Nationals where Tomac realed in Roczen at will from. And with shitty starts. You think the track being familiar to Kenny is gonna neutralize that gap that much? Now Hearlings, on the other hand, is diff. I think he's surpassed Roczen and have a hard time betting against him after last year. I dont care what track surface it is, he's a force as is Tomac. And to stay on topic, that's awesome JH is gonna try and give it a go. Like him or not, he's tough as nails and you know he wants to race the best in the world. He's taken a couple spills this season and mans up every time. I hope he smashes Lierop
It seems like the familiarity shouldn't make so much of a difference, but I really think it does. Especially being an hour away from Roczen's home. Roczen always seems to step his game up at the MXdN, beating Dungey in motos the last two years. I don't think he'll let Tomac run away like he's been doing all year.
Spooner
8/26/2013 4:30pm
So I heard over the weekend that he was signed to race in the US next year from someone who would know. Maybe he's taking Roczen's spot?
8/26/2013 4:48pm
Spooner wrote:
So I heard over the weekend that he was signed to race in the US next year from someone who would know. Maybe he's taking Roczen's...
So I heard over the weekend that he was signed to race in the US next year from someone who would know. Maybe he's taking Roczen's spot?
Herlings will never go to America in my opinion. He loves europe too much.
chrisbuehler
8/26/2013 4:51pm
visser62 wrote:
It seems like the familiarity shouldn't make so much of a difference, but I really think it does. Especially being an hour away from Roczen's home...
It seems like the familiarity shouldn't make so much of a difference, but I really think it does. Especially being an hour away from Roczen's home. Roczen always seems to step his game up at the MXdN, beating Dungey in motos the last two years. I don't think he'll let Tomac run away like he's been doing all year.
Def cant argue that K-Roc brings his A game to the MXdN. He destroyed Bagget last year after being no match for him in the Nationals. I just see Tomac as next level, same as RV or Hearlings and AC. Especially with the confidence of his first mayor title and we all know how much RC talked about the mental game. Maybe I underestimate Ken and he's gonna be there to. But I expected more from him with all the hype from the GP's. He def improved hugely from last year and was most times far and away the 2nd fastest guy out there. Bagget and Osbourne gave him fits in motos several times though this year, even Martin beating him straight up. Those guy's were all road blocks for Tomac by the time the season hit it's stride
Ing
8/26/2013 4:55pm
I personally think Dungey will take the OA.
chrisbuehler
8/26/2013 4:55pm
Herlings will never go to America in my opinion. He loves europe too much.
He's a rockstar and the next big thing in the GP's. Why would he want to go to the US unless he wanted to do SX? And pretty sure he's already said his SX window has already closed. Not sure why National's fans think by not coming to the US, he's not for real. Not so much MX2 at the moment but MX1 is loaded with speed. Plus if he came to America, it would rob us of the absolute mastery he puts on at Valkensward and Lommel. I hope he satys in Europe and puts the wood to AC

Post a reply to: Herlings in for MXoN and Lierop??

The Latest