Herlings honest interview,money, girls and titles

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2021 8:00 AM

https://gatedrop.com/video-jeffrey-herlings-on-money-girls-and-racing/#.YBQv-ej7RPY

Although it has subtitles its a very interesting and honest interview
Never seen this side to him,seems hes a baller,

|

1/29/2021 8:07 AM

$4 to 5 million has got to be just championship bonus money. I would think he earned more than that in 2018 with endorsements/sponsors/etc. Would of loved to see him give it a go in the States, but hey this man is ballin' over there.

|

#TeamSway
SwayMX.com

1/29/2021 8:13 AM

I clicked on this thread mistakenly thinking the subject was money, girls and titties. Mildly disappointed.

|

1/29/2021 8:34 AM

Great interview

|

Indecision is a choice

1/29/2021 8:51 AM

Teej317 wrote:

$4 to 5 million has got to be just championship bonus money. I would think he earned more than that in 2018 with ...more

How much money do you think these guys make a year when $4 to $5 million would be just "championship bonus money" I would be very surprised if he even made $5 million total per year.

|

Ed Johnson

1/29/2021 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 9:00 AM

Teej317 wrote:

$4 to 5 million has got to be just championship bonus money. I would think he earned more than that in 2018 with ...more

He says he made/saw "$4-$5M, including taxes."

He's talking about his gross income for 2018. He further clarifies minus approx $1M for taxes.

These guys do not have 7 figure endorsement deals. Motocross is not that popular/valuable, even in Europe.

|

1/29/2021 8:58 AM

Teej317 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

How much money do you think these guys make a year when $4 to $5 million would be just "championship bonus money" I would be ...more

I have no knowledge to go off of, pure speculation...I just think he’s maybe getting a couple million more in endorsements. All’s I’m saying is 2018 had to be very lucrative for him. I’m not saying he’s earning that much every year tho. The aura he carries over there is very JS7 esque.

|

#TeamSway
SwayMX.com

1/29/2021 9:07 AM

Teej317 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

How much money do you think these guys make a year when $4 to $5 million would be just "championship bonus money" I would be ...more

Teej317 wrote:

I have no knowledge to go off of, pure speculation...I just think he’s maybe getting a couple million more in endorsements. ...more

La la land

|

1/29/2021 9:28 AM

Did Gatedrop do the interview? Or is it another one that they got from somebody else? I don’t visit their site because of their history of stealing complete and partial interviews and passing it off as their own for profit....

|

1/29/2021 9:32 AM

DonM wrote:

Did Gatedrop do the interview? Or is it another one that they got from somebody else? I don’t visit their site because of ...more

It's a video from some soccer player.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/29/2021 9:50 AM

Really cool interview.

|

1/29/2021 10:23 AM

Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing a couple times during the interview, specially when they talked about girls. Great insight, hope he gets another title at least.

|

1/29/2021 10:26 AM

That was a great interview! He seemed more open than with Mx journalists, maybe because he is not from the mx world he spoke more freely.

|

1/29/2021 10:37 AM

I remember in 2018 one of the KTM guys said he was never with any girls because he was so focused on winning the championship, so glad he's taking care of himself now! Even though he's probably joking a bit.

|

1/29/2021 11:17 AM

Its 3.5 million Euro after tax. Thats about 4.2 million US. Thats not bad considering he doesnt spend too much. But as he said he should be a 9 time world champion by now & maybe another 10 million better off!

Plus his new bird is good with the brush. Big Jeff has her well trained! Photo

|

1/29/2021 11:49 AM

Teej317 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Teej317 wrote:

I have no knowledge to go off of, pure speculation...I just think he’s maybe getting a couple million more in endorsements. ...more

First time in like forever that a toprider gives an exact number he made in a year (going into detail about investing a bit later as well) and your response us "i have no knowledge but i think he ismaking a couple of million more" 🙄

|

1/29/2021 11:51 AM

DonM wrote:

Did Gatedrop do the interview? Or is it another one that they got from somebody else? I don’t visit their site because of ...more

We do plenty of our own interviews DonM:

Gatedrop interviews

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

1/29/2021 11:56 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

That was a great interview! He seemed more open than with Mx journalists, maybe because he is not from the mx world he spoke ...more

The guy doing the interview (Andy) is a former soccer player who spend all his money on crazy stuff. (As in buying elephants or tigers fir in his home). He does this type of interview with soccer players, influencers and other celebrities and its always about woman and money.

Actually Herlings kind of insulted Andy (unknowingly i think) when he mentioned he was keen on keeping his money and not be like these football players who blow all their money away and end with nothing. Later in the interview Andy mentions he blew 12 million. Herlings also talks about i think de reuver blowing his money.

|

1/29/2021 12:32 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

I clicked on this thread mistakenly thinking the subject was money, girls and titties. Mildly disappointed.

Haha me too. You can see where my mind is.

|

1/29/2021 12:42 PM

I think he was also more relaxed to talk his own language and not between races.

|

1/29/2021 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 1:03 PM

In 2018 I seem to remember Smets telling me that Jeffrey piled all his race bonuses into race wins only - no bonuses for podiums, etc. What did he win, like 18 of 20 rounds? With the extra risk he took, I assume those win bonuses were even higher than usual, though I also have no idea how much he raked in. Good on him.

|

1/29/2021 2:17 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

He says he made/saw "$4-$5M, including taxes."

He's talking about his gross income for 2018. He further clarifies minus ...more

The tax rate in the Netherlands for incomes over $68K Euros per year was about 51% in 2018, according to the Google. So if he made $4-5M, he paid about half of his income in federal taxes (unless he has a crap load of deductions, or gets to pay lower rates since he earned some of that income in other countries?). Plus I think the Dutch have a VAT, and local taxes as well? I have no insider knowledge on the Dutch tax system so if I am way off here someone can set the record straight!

In any case, cool to hear actual numbers, $4-5M is more than I expected

|

1/29/2021 2:51 PM

Now to get Dungey to get in trouble joining in this exact discussion....

|

1/29/2021 2:59 PM

Most Americans have their income spread out over a number of years to lower taxes. The employer or sponsors then pay the riders interest on the unpaid portions of the riders pay that they are holding back. My guess is TV he European rides probably do the same.

|

1/29/2021 3:00 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Crossup wrote:

Haha me too. You can see where my mind is.

You guys may or may not be the only ones. I can't confirm nor deny.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/29/2021 3:13 PM

Pretty funny interview .

|

1/29/2021 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 3:17 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

That was a great interview! He seemed more open than with Mx journalists, maybe because he is not from the mx world he spoke ...more

roninho wrote:

The guy doing the interview (Andy) is a former soccer player who spend all his money on crazy stuff. (As in buying elephants ...more

You must be a fellow American or a Zoomer, outside the US most people don't take offense or feel insulted when they're told the truth or something they don't like.

|

1/29/2021 3:37 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

roninho wrote:

The guy doing the interview (Andy) is a former soccer player who spend all his money on crazy stuff. (As in buying elephants ...more

RalphS wrote:

You must be a fellow American or a Zoomer, outside the US most people don't take offense or feel insulted when they're told ...more

Indeed I think he didn't want to mention De Reuver his name, but he raced in the "good days" made nice money but ended up with nothing because he was surrounded with leeches and idiots.

|

1/29/2021 3:53 PM

Teej317 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

First hand: 10 mln deal with KTM in 3 years. Honda offered him it too, then he went with that to ktm. Ktm almost said no, but realizing there was a large age gap between Cairoli an Prado, they had no real choice.

|

1/29/2021 3:59 PM

DonM wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

It's a video from some soccer player.

Thats Andy van der Meyde, had a soccer career in the UK. Made about 12 mln euro, an spent almost all! (On the pretty things of life)

|