Herlings has got way more pressure on him than Tomac,....

WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/20/2018 3:12am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 3:15am
Herlings fans are a bit too much confident... I could be wrong, Herlings could walk on everyone but i don't think it will be so easy. Again, i could be wrong.
9/20/2018 3:19am
WCRider wrote:
Herlings fans are a bit too much confident... I could be wrong, Herlings could walk on everyone but i don't think it will be so easy...
Herlings fans are a bit too much confident... I could be wrong, Herlings could walk on everyone but i don't think it will be so easy. Again, i could be wrong.
you are wrong LaughingLaughing
make1go
9/20/2018 4:10am
WCRider wrote:
Herlings fans are a bit too much confident... I could be wrong, Herlings could walk on everyone but i don't think it will be so easy...
you are wrong LaughingLaughing
doubly so?
motomike137
9/20/2018 4:11am
Is the final moto Open/MXGP? If so watch for Bam Bam to channel his inner Jeff Stanton and park Herlings!

The Shop

9/20/2018 4:16am
Hmmm why would the Herlings fans be so confident? Did you look at his results this season, have you seen him race?
ga_pike
9/20/2018 5:00am
We really only have a few laps to look at comparing the 2... Ironman last year. Tomac and Herlings were all set to have a great battle, Tomac pulled the holeshot, Herlings passed him, then as Tomac was coming back and putting the pressure on, he crashed.

That day Tomac needed to think about winning the title... so ultimately, you could argue that Tomac was at a slight disadvantage. That's not the case at the MXDN, so no more excuses. I'm hoping for a great battle between the 2, nothing more, nothing less.
JFerry
9/20/2018 5:19am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 5:20am
The pressure is on the American team. That's why they are already testing. I don't believe Tomac will be a match for Herlings. Better let him go and have a fight with the rest. The key will be Barcia who has not been close to Goldenhoff.
More than the location the quality of the ground will be important. Youthstream does not like easy soil. Expect ruts, holes, etc. Probably they will not pass the machine. Just the start and take off of some jumps. And these conditions are not in favour of american riders.
9/20/2018 5:52am
There's more pressure on Eli and the rest of the US team overall for sure, I don't see how there couldn't be just by virtue of where the race is taking place i.e their home country.

That said the "dynamics" of the pressure may change depending on moto results through the day. If for example something goes drastically wrong for the Dutch etc and they're realistically out of the the team result by the last race, then Jeffrey can of course ride with far less pressure at that point (and obviously vice versa). A lot of things can change the outlook. But yeah as of now, Eli has the home track advantage, fans and expectation that come with representing the USA especially.

At the very least let's hope that both guys get through Saturday without problems and start up front together - no first turn pileups, injuries or mechanicals...
9/20/2018 5:57am
ga_pike wrote:
We really only have a few laps to look at comparing the 2... Ironman last year. Tomac and Herlings were all set to have a great...
We really only have a few laps to look at comparing the 2... Ironman last year. Tomac and Herlings were all set to have a great battle, Tomac pulled the holeshot, Herlings passed him, then as Tomac was coming back and putting the pressure on, he crashed.

That day Tomac needed to think about winning the title... so ultimately, you could argue that Tomac was at a slight disadvantage. That's not the case at the MXDN, so no more excuses. I'm hoping for a great battle between the 2, nothing more, nothing less.
a few laps ? you forgot they raced a week later at USGP ?
mxb2
9/20/2018 6:05am
I think tomac is 5-1 usgp s.
9/20/2018 6:17am
mxb2 wrote:
this is MXON ..whats his record at MXON you think ?
mxb2
9/20/2018 6:28am
mxb2 wrote:
Someone brought up the gp.races tomac raced, not me. And eli beat herlings and ac222.
ayearinmx
9/20/2018 6:30am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 6:31am
it's funny how the Ironman championship for Tomac gets brought up.... but the MXGP riders can't use the championship argument when they race the USGPs (eg. Herlings at Charlotte)

for the MXGP riders it's one race in a 20 round series, for the Americans it's a one-off chance to beat the Euros on home soil....

not that this will change anyone's mind or affect any future arguments
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/20/2018 6:33am
Rudicross wrote:
Jonass? He is staying at home.
Thank you, I was thinking Lawrence and typed Jonass... While thinking about MX2 I was also asking if Latvia ever participates in MXoN.

I think Barcia has Coldenhoff covered... There is more gap there than between Herlings and Tomac. Coldenhoff is barely a top 5 guy and is always 40-50 seconds off the lead even if he starts up front.
ATKpilot99
9/20/2018 6:35am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 6:35am
ayearinmx wrote:
it's funny how the Ironman championship for Tomac gets brought up.... but the MXGP riders can't use the championship argument when they race the USGPs (eg...
it's funny how the Ironman championship for Tomac gets brought up.... but the MXGP riders can't use the championship argument when they race the USGPs (eg. Herlings at Charlotte)

for the MXGP riders it's one race in a 20 round series, for the Americans it's a one-off chance to beat the Euros on home soil....

That's why all these types of threads are fucking stupid and theres enough stupidity to go around on both sides.
ga_pike
9/20/2018 6:37am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 6:40am
ga_pike wrote:
We really only have a few laps to look at comparing the 2... Ironman last year. Tomac and Herlings were all set to have a great...

a few laps ? you forgot they raced a week later at USGP ?
Actually, I did. Thanks for reminding me.

So looking back, Herlings went 2-1 and Tomac went 1-3. I'll have to watch video to remind me how the racing actually went.

My point is still the same. I hope they have the opportunity to have a good, clean battle... and if anyone else is in it with them. Lots of talented guys. I hope we all are looking forward to it.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/20/2018 6:38am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Someone brought up the gp.races tomac raced, not me. And eli beat herlings and ac222.
I didn't bring it up, but for clarity, Tomac is 1-1-1-1-1-3 in 6 MXGP moto's. Eli beat Herlings and Tony by 38 seconds in moto one at the USGP. Those are all facts...
mxb2
9/20/2018 6:46am
mxb2 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
I didn't bring it up, but for clarity, Tomac is 1-1-1-1-1-3 in 6 MXGP moto's. Eli beat Herlings and Tony by 38 seconds in moto one...
I didn't bring it up, but for clarity, Tomac is 1-1-1-1-1-3 in 6 MXGP moto's. Eli beat Herlings and Tony by 38 seconds in moto one at the USGP. Those are all facts...
Exactly. Some on vital.dont like facts.
CoccoBill
9/20/2018 6:46am
For those who say it's a team effort, sure it is actually, but as soon as Eli would say "ok, I don't need to pressure that guy, I will stay where I am" he will have people like Cairoli, Febvre (or Paulin?), Roczen, Desalle and the likes who will breath on his neck and could steal valuable points. A lot of riders from teams that have no chanches at winning the trophy will be there stealing points and I don't even think it will be a cake walk for Barcia and Plessinger as well, so I think this year they will all have to push from start to finish.
9/20/2018 6:47am
ayearinmx wrote:
it's funny how the Ironman championship for Tomac gets brought up.... but the MXGP riders can't use the championship argument when they race the USGPs (eg...

And still Herlings whooped Tomac's ass in race 2 and won the overall.
9/20/2018 6:53am
Press516 wrote:
I didn't bring it up, but for clarity, Tomac is 1-1-1-1-1-3 in 6 MXGP moto's. Eli beat Herlings and Tony by 38 seconds in moto one...
Fact: Herlings vs Tomac is 3-1
Herlings had a bad start in the USGP race 1 but still got second. In race 2 both had a good start and Tomac finished 30 second behind Herlings. Oh wait, he even finshed 3rd, 15 second behind Cairoli too.
What about these facts?
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/20/2018 7:02am
Press516 wrote:
Fact: Herlings vs Tomac is 3-1 Herlings had a bad start in the USGP race 1 but still got second. In race 2 both had a...
Fact: Herlings vs Tomac is 3-1
Herlings had a bad start in the USGP race 1 but still got second. In race 2 both had a good start and Tomac finished 30 second behind Herlings. Oh wait, he even finshed 3rd, 15 second behind Cairoli too.
What about these facts?
They are, never once did I deny that... Nor did I say Tomac was going to smoke Herlings or anything of the sort...

In my opinion, Ironman and Charlotte are anomalies...
JBlain619
9/20/2018 7:08am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 7:11am
No excuses for anyone.
Exactly!

When the gate drops, the bullshit stops!

May the best man on the day win.

And...don't be surprised if it's neither one of the 2 being discussed. Personally, I think Kenny is going to have something to say about the overall.
aroark247
9/20/2018 7:31am
With all of this talk of Tomac vs. Herlings, It would be funny if Roczen goes 1-1 in his mains.
motomike137
9/20/2018 7:33am
JFerry wrote:
The pressure is on the American team. That's why they are already testing. I don't believe Tomac will be a match for Herlings. Better let him...
The pressure is on the American team. That's why they are already testing. I don't believe Tomac will be a match for Herlings. Better let him go and have a fight with the rest. The key will be Barcia who has not been close to Goldenhoff.
More than the location the quality of the ground will be important. Youthstream does not like easy soil. Expect ruts, holes, etc. Probably they will not pass the machine. Just the start and take off of some jumps. And these conditions are not in favour of american riders.
"The key will be Barcia who has not been close to Goldenhoff."

huh what?

how do you interpolate that hypothesis?
aroark247
9/20/2018 7:54am
JFerry wrote:
The pressure is on the American team. That's why they are already testing. I don't believe Tomac will be a match for Herlings. Better let him...
You sir are a shit stir-er, or you have just not been to a U.S. National. Either way ty much
str8line
9/20/2018 8:02am
I just hope they both are near each other off the start. One thing I've noticed is that Tomac can be a little slow to get through traffic when he has a bad start then he gets into open air and look out! On the other hand Herlings has been incredible this season overall. If Herling starts out front and Tomac is back a few spots it's over. He won't run him down like he has Musquin, etc. But if Tomac is near Herlings out front it will be a race for the ages. I think Herlings might even pass Tomac if Tomac's out front and then maybe Tomac will hunt him down. No matter what happens they are both amazing riders and this is exciting stuff.
str8line
9/20/2018 8:06am
No excuses for anyone.
JBlain619 wrote:
Exactly! When the gate drops, the bullshit stops! May the best man on the day win. And...don't be surprised if it's neither one of the 2...
Exactly!

When the gate drops, the bullshit stops!

May the best man on the day win.

And...don't be surprised if it's neither one of the 2 being discussed. Personally, I think Kenny is going to have something to say about the overall.
Kenny posted on his FB yesterday:

"Watch out! ? coming thru. The arms are plenty good to twist the throttle!"

Could KR play the spoiler?
9/20/2018 8:10am
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly. Some on vital.dont like facts.
just facts ... Herlings and Tomac raced only 4 times , Herlings won 3 out of the 4 moto;s and both races and not because he had such good starts Wink just some facts , who you happen to like and what fits in this Herlings /Tomac topic

Post a reply to: Herlings has got way more pressure on him than Tomac,....

The Latest