Herlings has got way more pressure on him than Tomac,....

cool_hand
Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 1:44pm
Obviously, this is the battle of the year,..but I would say Herlings has much more to prove than Eli on home turf,..wouldn't doubt Barcia doesn't beat him as fired up as he's gonna be.
|
plowboy
9/19/2018 5:32pm
cool_hand wrote:
Obviously, this is the battle of the year,..but I would say Herlings has much more to prove than Eli on home turf,..wouldn't doubt Barcia doesn't beat...
Obviously, this is the battle of the year,..but I would say Herlings has much more to prove than Eli on home turf,..wouldn't doubt Barcia doesn't beat him as fired up as he's gonna be.
Sorry to disagree. Tony couldn't break him. I think Jeff is on a level where the only pressure he feels is what he puts on himself and it looks like he's comfortable with that, too. Eli is stupid fast but Herlings is...well...just unbelievable at the moment. Having said that, they are gonna run the race, and barring crashes or bad luck we will have an answer when the checkers waves. I can't frikkin wait.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/19/2018 5:37pm
IMO- There is more pressure on Tomac being that it’s on his home turf.. no one wants to get beat on their home turf.

Herlings traveling across the pond has an excuse should he get beat ( new track, time difference, far away from home.. etc..).

9/19/2018 5:48pm
It's a team race. All the pressure is on Team USA to win on their home turf and to keep those filthy Frenchmen from winning five in a row.
chump6784
9/19/2018 5:49pm
Brad460 wrote:
IMO- There is more pressure on Tomac being that it’s on his home turf.. no one wants to get beat on their home turf. Herlings traveling...
IMO- There is more pressure on Tomac being that it’s on his home turf.. no one wants to get beat on their home turf.

Herlings traveling across the pond has an excuse should he get beat ( new track, time difference, far away from home.. etc..).

I agree, more pressure on Tomac than Herlings

The Shop

9/19/2018 5:53pm
cool_hand wrote:
Obviously, this is the battle of the year,..but I would say Herlings has much more to prove than Eli on home turf,..wouldn't doubt Barcia doesn't beat...
plowboy wrote:
Sorry to disagree. Tony couldn't break him. I think Jeff is on a level where the only pressure he feels is what he puts on himself...
Sorry to disagree. Tony couldn't break him. I think Jeff is on a level where the only pressure he feels is what he puts on himself and it looks like he's comfortable with that, too. Eli is stupid fast but Herlings is...well...just unbelievable at the moment. Having said that, they are gonna run the race, and barring crashes or bad luck we will have an answer when the checkers waves. I can't frikkin wait.
Its arguable that if eli wins he had the home field advantage so a good amount of people would say its undecided still, but I agree that if Herlings wins in a fair race he’s undoubtedly the fastest
cool_hand
9/19/2018 5:59pm
Herlings came over here and got beat in Charlotte a few years back by,..Cooper Webb,..and Tomac was way, way, up front.,...you don't think that doesn't haunt him??

ledger
9/19/2018 6:04pm
I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about these two guys on the same track.
FARANG
9/19/2018 6:09pm
More pressure being in front of your home crowd, on a track you know, in your own country/time zone. Herlings has plenty of excuses should he not win (not saying he will use them, but they are there).

I think it will be close, but I'm edging towards Herlings beating Tomac. I just hope they both get a good start and can battle for a few laps.
Lucifa.
9/19/2018 6:24pm
cool_hand wrote:
Herlings loves pressure. Tomac not so much as we've seen from some races.
Lucifa.
9/19/2018 6:28pm
cool_hand wrote:
Herlings came over here and got beat in Charlotte a few years back by,..Cooper Webb,..and Tomac was way, way, up front.,...you don't think that doesn't haunt...
Herlings came over here and got beat in Charlotte a few years back by,..Cooper Webb,..and Tomac was way, way, up front.,...you don't think that doesn't haunt him??

No why would it? It's not like he hasn't beaten them both since.
stewie94
9/19/2018 6:30pm
cool_hand wrote:
Herlings came over here and got beat in Charlotte a few years back by,..Cooper Webb,..and Tomac was way, way, up front.,...you don't think that doesn't haunt...

so wtf was iron man last year then??? same can be said about eli , almost gave up the title last year cause his pride took over & he crashed trying to take the lead from jeffery , and they split motos at jacksonville as well
peanutt
9/19/2018 6:35pm
Herlings and the rest of the GP Racers have an advantage as they are still in race mode and conditioning.

Americans and the rest of the racers doing the Nationals have not been in race mode but in practice and testing bikes, fuels, etc...

Herlings for the win.
motogrady
9/19/2018 6:36pm
Herlings is a GP rider. They are supposed to be used to riding anywhere, anytime.
Or so they say.
That blows the home track excuse.

If the Tomac that came back to win from 20 some seconds, in 3 laps, shows up, nobody's gonna beat him.
Hcallz5
9/19/2018 6:42pm
I'm sure one will get piled up on the start and our battle of the year will go out the window. I'm just hoping Team USA takes it!
9/19/2018 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 6:54pm
Herlings loves the competition, he's fit and healthy if he gets beat there will be no excuses, he's be the first to tell you that.

This will be a good one, it feels like its JS Vs RC again.
9/19/2018 7:06pm
I don't think the MXON is exactly the best race to measure these two up against each other. Like Macbeth said it's a team race and the greatest pressure is on team USA to not lose on their home track and Tomac may need to ride smart/conservatively to not throw it away for the team. My opinion however is Herlings is confident and on top of his game and there is no other rider on this planet at his level including Tomac. I just hope the best for Tomac and Team USA to take the win!
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/19/2018 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 7:13pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
I'm sure one will get piled up on the start and our battle of the year will go out the window. I'm just hoping Team USA...
I'm sure one will get piled up on the start and our battle of the year will go out the window. I'm just hoping Team USA takes it!
That would suck, but anything could happen. But a mechanical failure would also deny our massive pleasure of watching these 2 studs go at it.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/19/2018 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 7:13pm
I can't wait to see the spectacle!
steed 2.0
9/19/2018 7:17pm
cool_hand wrote:
The pressure is on Tomac ... Team USA is the favorite the Dutch are underdog
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
9/19/2018 7:46pm
cool_hand wrote:

Naw, I think the 1.5 seconds a lap that he was faster than Eli at Ironman, and the beating he gave him in the second moto at the GP last year erased all that.
9/19/2018 8:23pm
I don't know about pressure but I'm not sure you could genuinely watch both series and not think Herlings has an edge. I personally think Tomac will have more for Herlings than some are giving him credit for but it will be a tough feat to beat Jeffrey, especially on a somewhat sandy surface like Red Bud.
gerg
9/19/2018 8:26pm
The pressure will be on Eli's pants.
Js217
9/19/2018 8:30pm
Brad460 wrote:
IMO- There is more pressure on Tomac being that it’s on his home turf.. no one wants to get beat on their home turf. Herlings traveling...

Plus as far as tomacs pressure vs herlings. Eli has more pressure through out both sx and mx From dungey(now retired), JB51 KR92 MM25 all equally capable of winning chapionships, where as herlings only competition is cairoli who is no chump, but he is only 1 guy. No one except those racers i listed , has even an inkling of what it takes to beat the top guys. Tomac herlings barcia cairoli KR94 and mm25 as well as ja21 are on a whole different level
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
9/19/2018 8:33pm
cool_hand wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
Naw, I think the 1.5 seconds a lap that he was faster than Eli at Ironman, and the beating he gave him in the second moto...
Naw, I think the 1.5 seconds a lap that he was faster than Eli at Ironman, and the beating he gave him in the second moto at the GP last year erased all that.
In all fairness Eli had a championship on the line at Ironman, and it showed in his riding for sure. As for the 2nd Moto at the GP in Florida, he just didn't give a shit.
kong0036
9/19/2018 8:36pm
Forget the Tomac V Herlings battle.
I can't wait to the 250's go at it . Prado V Plesinger V Ferrandis V Seewer.
Sully
9/19/2018 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 8:43pm
If anyone is coming into MXdN with pressure, I'd look outside of these two and say it's Febvre. Not only is France the defending champs, but – in my opinion – he also has to prove he was the right pick over Marv on a track Marv won this year.

ETA: Kong, don't forget Jonas and Lawrence as well. 250s are going to be the class to watch for sure.
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/19/2018 8:42pm
Herlings' is on a different level than he was in any race pre-2018, when he was beat by Webb and Anderson.

Eli is in a much faster, more controlled place than he was the last 2 outdoor races of 2017.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/19/2018 8:51pm
After watching RJ toast the MX2 guys last year, I expect Plessinger and Ferrandis to handle Prado and Jonas...

Post a reply to: Herlings has got way more pressure on him than Tomac,....

The Latest