Herlings fought for his own and MXGP’s respect in America – and finally got it!

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 2:32pm
Jeffrey Herlings is a three-time world champion that has has won 64 GPs.

The first overall GP victory came at just 15 years old, seven years ago (1-1 in Valkenswaard against Roczen and Musquin), he also rode with a not fully-healed femur to try and salvage the 2014 world title, lapped an entire field at Leirop and has beaten among others; Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey, Ken Roczen, Tim Gajser, Marvin Musquin and even the King of MXGP, Tony Cairoli, after some brilliant battles this season.

But that didn’t matter, America still didn’t realise just quite how fast this bullet flew until he fired his way to victory at an AMA National.

Bizarrely, it was that win not the rest of his phenomenal achievements that has launched the positive and respectful comments. Herlings going fastest in practice in their national championship got more buzz in America than that epic battle between Herlings and Cairoli at Lommel in the world championship – think about that!

READ ALL ON GATEDROP

|
9/2/2017 11:20am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 11:31am
What a stupid article considering anyone with half a brain knew Herlings was extremely fast.

I don't know if I'm biased or what but I tend to think in the past week a lot of GP fans have proven to be some very obnoxious people.
9/2/2017 11:38am
What a stupid article considering anyone with half a brain knew Herlings was extremely fast. I don't know if I'm biased or what but I tend...
What a stupid article considering anyone with half a brain knew Herlings was extremely fast.

I don't know if I'm biased or what but I tend to think in the past week a lot of GP fans have proven to be some very obnoxious people.
there are always a few up there on both sides ... just depends on who wins on what track Wink
9/2/2017 11:41am
What a stupid article considering anyone with half a brain knew Herlings was extremely fast. I don't know if I'm biased or what but I tend...

About as obnoxious as a lot of US fans got last year when Tomac "Tomac-ed the field" last year TWICE.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/2/2017 11:41am
that mccready guy is like the definition of an anti-journalist or whatever you call it

The Shop

Johnny Depp
9/2/2017 11:47am
I thought we had this talk last week about winning practice.
9/2/2017 11:51am
Congrats on the one millionth thread about this. Trust me, about a week before the Ironman national I realized that he was fast because thats the only thing people talked about.
9/2/2017 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 2:18pm

I think it's the other way around. I suspect -- in fact I am certain -- that most of the Supercross crowd here doesn't even watch the GPs, and although they know Herlings by name, they've never actually watched him race. They didn't understand what they were getting into, not last week, not this week.

Not that long ago, I saw one guy here say "MXGP is a joke" (verbatim quote). I had a guy tell me personally that "those guys [in MXGP] are a bunch of pussies." Well, welcome to fucking reality, which is not to be confused with obnoxia. Those guys at the front of the field are just FAST.

And digest this too: Tomac isn't going 1-1, not this week, anyway. This weekend is all about Herlings and Caroli.
RG1
9/2/2017 2:03pm
crusty_xx wrote:
that mccready guy is like the definition of an anti-journalist or whatever you call it
Fake news?
Hut
9/2/2017 2:05pm
Dang ok Jeremy is fast quit crying that USA doesn't give you enough attention. Laughing
9/2/2017 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 2:19pm

I think it's the other way around. I suspect -- in fact I am certain -- that most of the Supercross crowd here doesn't even watch...
I think it's the other way around. I suspect -- in fact I am certain -- that most of the Supercross crowd here doesn't even watch the GPs, and although they know Herlings by name, they've never actually watched him race. They didn't understand what they were getting into, not last week, not this week.

Not that long ago, I saw one guy here say "MXGP is a joke" (verbatim quote). I had a guy tell me personally that "those guys [in MXGP] are a bunch of pussies." Well, welcome to fucking reality, which is not to be confused with obnoxia. Those guys at the front of the field are just FAST.

And digest this too: Tomac isn't going 1-1, not this week, anyway. This weekend is all about Herlings and Caroli.
Evidently those people must not have had half a brain haha Laughing

And I'd say most of the people who actively post here know who most are in the GPs and keep one eye on them. The real turds are the people who are just looking for JS7 news or whatever the hell else.. I have to assume those people are the same that would say "MXGP riders are pussies".
9/2/2017 2:18pm
Evidently those people must not have had half a brain haha :laugh: And I'd say most of the people who actively post here know who most...
Evidently those people must not have had half a brain haha Laughing

And I'd say most of the people who actively post here know who most are in the GPs and keep one eye on them. The real turds are the people who are just looking for JS7 news or whatever the hell else.. I have to assume those people are the same that would say "MXGP riders are pussies".
Maybe you were right from the start.
Ted722
9/2/2017 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 2:24pm
Nothing wrong with wrong with acknowledging a bad ass. Happy for him. Happy for the sport.

Post a reply to: Herlings fought for his own and MXGP’s respect in America – and finally got it!

The Latest