Herlings expects Dungey to Challenge him

mccread
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 6:44pm
.. at Lommel. He knows it will be hard racing Dungey and Cairoli in the final moto of the day, and has plenty of respect for them, not as cocky as a lot of people make him out to be!

Listen to this cool interview with the sand maestro.

Herlings on the Nations..
|
Fleece192
9/3/2012 6:14am
Very cool interview, Dungey will have his hands full no doubt, against the 350 and Herlings, And the sand...
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/3/2012 6:53am
The main thing I learnt from that interview: That Geoff is Aussie. Did not know that, lol
ATKpilot99
9/3/2012 8:11am
I thought he was from the "country" of Europe...Wink

The Shop

stillwelding
9/3/2012 9:20am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You only think that because you're an American.
DPR250R
9/3/2012 9:25am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Wait... Europe is not a country?
ATKpilot99
9/3/2012 9:28am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
DPR250R wrote:
Wait... Europe is not a country?
So I'm told. Laughing
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/3/2012 9:31am
Enough about Herlings..wtf!!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/3/2012 9:45am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 9:47am
Hmmmm is he going to be their MX3 rider and then Marc the MX1 rider?
In the MX2/MX3 Moto he should clean house.
But in MX1/MX3 he may have his work cut out for him.
Both AC & RD will have had a bit of time to be more rested.
Should be interesting to see how the MX1/MX3 moto goes,especially with him on the 350 & RD on the 450.

However,him just coming off the track in MX2/MX3 he might know the current better line choices on the first few laps.
Seems sand tracks forever change.
machine
9/3/2012 10:23am
One thing about it, you will never see Herlings over here.......EVER to race the nats. He has pretty much sealed his fate before even setting foot on US soil. And people think we were hard on Pourcel, Herlings would be lambasted over here...Laughing
themrtoad
9/3/2012 12:56pm
machine wrote:
One thing about it, you will never see Herlings over here.......EVER to race the nats. He has pretty much sealed his fate before even setting foot...
One thing about it, you will never see Herlings over here.......EVER to race the nats. He has pretty much sealed his fate before even setting foot on US soil. And people think we were hard on Pourcel, Herlings would be lambasted over here...Laughing
And you thinks it cool they will hate a 17yo kid? How old are you?
gharmon
9/3/2012 1:15pm
I didn't detect any disrespect from him at all. Actually, he sounded quite cool in that interview. I just hope that when/if he does lay the smack down on AC and RD that he doesn't start beating his chest then that will look cocky. Let other people toot your horn. It looks cheap when you do it yourself. Can't wait!!
CR250Rider
9/3/2012 1:20pm
The thought of Herlings racing RD5 makes me smile.
TDeath21
9/3/2012 1:22pm
Dungey will be right there with Herlings, if not ahead. The only time I can think of in his entire 450 MX career that someone had his number was Villopoto at Unadilla last year. Other than that, Dungey has never been smoked like a lot of people say Herlings will do.
9/3/2012 1:28pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Dungey will be right there with Herlings, if not ahead. The only time I can think of in his entire 450 MX career that someone had...
Dungey will be right there with Herlings, if not ahead. The only time I can think of in his entire 450 MX career that someone had his number was Villopoto at Unadilla last year. Other than that, Dungey has never been smoked like a lot of people say Herlings will do.
And Steel City last year in that 2nd moto. I appreciate what you're saying though, RD is amazing no doubt.
TDeath21
9/3/2012 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 1:35pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Dungey will be right there with Herlings, if not ahead. The only time I can think of in his entire 450 MX career that someone had...
And Steel City last year in that 2nd moto. I appreciate what you're saying though, RD is amazing no doubt.
True. Dungey's spirit was kind of broken on that one though. Had to be tough to rebound after leading the entire race with immense pressure only to be passed 10 feet before the finish line. Lommel will be fun to watch. I hope people on both sides of the pond can just respect each guy's abilities and hope for a good race. The Dungey/Herlings race will either be really awesome because both guys will need the win, or really boring because Dungey will know a top 3 will be fine.
bangmyhead
9/3/2012 1:41pm
machine wrote:
One thing about it, you will never see Herlings over here.......EVER to race the nats. He has pretty much sealed his fate before even setting foot...
Much agreed, every since he got that "greatest sand rider" title seems like his head has blown up........ I would love to see him race in the states, it would def put him in his place or on the ground....
Big
9/3/2012 1:56pm
TDeath21 wrote:
True. Dungey's spirit was kind of broken on that one though. Had to be tough to rebound after leading the entire race with immense pressure only...
True. Dungey's spirit was kind of broken on that one though. Had to be tough to rebound after leading the entire race with immense pressure only to be passed 10 feet before the finish line. Lommel will be fun to watch. I hope people on both sides of the pond can just respect each guy's abilities and hope for a good race. The Dungey/Herlings race will either be really awesome because both guys will need the win, or really boring because Dungey will know a top 3 will be fine.
Sounds like you guys getting scared? If Ryan cover up a third for points etc? BS! He has to because there is no way he can keep up with Herlings at his backyard. No way! He has to accept that there is a faster rider in Europe same way Everts bitchslapped the "fastest" man on earth Stewart. That was on a track they both had same amount of time. Oh my! That was so easy, like stealing candy from a kid. Ridicolus. Now a cocky spoiled kid gonna bitchslap both "Bam-bam" . RD5 and Bagget. Same way RV did once. But he's not there. The only man on earth who can follow the brat Herlings for one max two laps. This is gonna be funny. Can hardly wait....Hahahaha, game on!
Big
9/3/2012 1:59pm
Ps. Herlings beat RV last time?
9/3/2012 2:00pm
TDeath21 wrote:
True. Dungey's spirit was kind of broken on that one though. Had to be tough to rebound after leading the entire race with immense pressure only...
Big wrote:
Sounds like you guys getting scared? If Ryan cover up a third for points etc? BS! He has to because there is no way he can...
Sounds like you guys getting scared? If Ryan cover up a third for points etc? BS! He has to because there is no way he can keep up with Herlings at his backyard. No way! He has to accept that there is a faster rider in Europe same way Everts bitchslapped the "fastest" man on earth Stewart. That was on a track they both had same amount of time. Oh my! That was so easy, like stealing candy from a kid. Ridicolus. Now a cocky spoiled kid gonna bitchslap both "Bam-bam" . RD5 and Bagget. Same way RV did once. But he's not there. The only man on earth who can follow the brat Herlings for one max two laps. This is gonna be funny. Can hardly wait....Hahahaha, game on!
9/3/2012 2:09pm
herlings has dungey...
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/3/2012 2:12pm
machine wrote:
bangmyhead wrote:
Much agreed, every since he got that "greatest sand rider" title seems like his head has blown up........ I would love to see him race in...
Much agreed, every since he got that "greatest sand rider" title seems like his head has blown up........ I would love to see him race in the states, it would def put him in his place or on the ground....
I'd love to see him race in the states because the guy is an elite rider and we've seen this year how awesome it is when more of them are on the same track.
mccread
9/3/2012 2:12pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Don't forget Cairoli too.
ocscottie
9/3/2012 2:17pm
Remember this vid from last year? Say what you want about the kid, but he is a full blown alien in the sand...period! It is awesome to watch, that is for sure. Woohoo

https://youtu.be/54YvkRYABfo
TDeath21
9/3/2012 2:18pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Big wrote:
Sounds like you guys getting scared? If Ryan cover up a third for points etc? BS! He has to because there is no way he can...
What. The. Fuck.???

I'm sorry let me spell it out for you. If Dungey goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) with a significant lead in points, he won't have any reason to push for the win, and will be perfectly fine with a top 3. If he goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) needing the win, both guys will be going for it and it'll be a lot of fun to watch. Is that better? I am so sorry I rustled your feathers.
TDeath21
9/3/2012 2:20pm
TDeath21 wrote:
mccread wrote:
Don't forget Cairoli too.
Absolutely. If I were him I would have a point to prove. All everyone is talking about is Herlings against the Americans. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he cleaned up like a lot of people are saying Herlings will. Cairoli is every bit the sand rider Herlings is in my opinion. Hard to believe a rider of his caliber isn't even being talked about.
Big
9/3/2012 2:30pm
TDeath21 wrote:
What. The. Fuck.??? I'm sorry let me spell it out for you. If Dungey goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) with...
What. The. Fuck.???

I'm sorry let me spell it out for you. If Dungey goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) with a significant lead in points, he won't have any reason to push for the win, and will be perfectly fine with a top 3. If he goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) needing the win, both guys will be going for it and it'll be a lot of fun to watch. Is that better? I am so sorry I rustled your feathers.
You sound like a scared Stewart cover up for maybe being beaten? If RC was riding this discussion would never taking part. He would never pretend to ride tactical. He always went flat out. Now with RD you saying maybe and if? Gaaaaaay! Laughing
TDeath21
9/3/2012 2:36pm
TDeath21 wrote:
What. The. Fuck.??? I'm sorry let me spell it out for you. If Dungey goes into the 3rd moto (the one he'll race Herlings in) with...
What. The. Fuck.???

Big wrote:
You sound like a scared Stewart cover up for maybe being beaten? If RC was riding this discussion would never taking part. He would never pretend...
You sound like a scared Stewart cover up for maybe being beaten? If RC was riding this discussion would never taking part. He would never pretend to ride tactical. He always went flat out. Now with RD you saying maybe and if? Gaaaaaay! Laughing
Nope. I'm just saying that since they'll face each other in the 3rd moto, each team will know what they need to do to win. That could mean Dungey won't be racing for the individual win, and instead focus on the team win.

Post a reply to: Herlings expects Dungey to Challenge him

The Latest