Herlings and other MXGP riders riding supercross.

10/14/2018 9:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
Instead of bitching and moaning.......maybe one day the GP guy's will take SX serious too , and we can have multiple SX and MX races where...
Instead of bitching and moaning.......maybe one day the GP guy's will take SX serious too , and we can have multiple SX and MX races where all the racer's can do what they do best.....race? Together in multiple races , and possibly a real world series?

I prefer MX no doubt , but SX isn't going away. It's definitely a different style / type of racing , and I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to be good at both disciplines?

Honestly.....being good at both , open's more door's and increases your bank account. I would almost bet that the good SX rider's here in the state's.....make 70% of their yearly income , from SX.

I have a feeling , that if Europe had multiple indoor arena's , they would be practicing at SX more.
how come you think MXGP guys dont take SX serious ?? just curious
jeffro503
10/14/2018 10:04am
jeffro503 wrote:
Instead of bitching and moaning.......maybe one day the GP guy's will take SX serious too , and we can have multiple SX and MX races where...
Instead of bitching and moaning.......maybe one day the GP guy's will take SX serious too , and we can have multiple SX and MX races where all the racer's can do what they do best.....race? Together in multiple races , and possibly a real world series?

I prefer MX no doubt , but SX isn't going away. It's definitely a different style / type of racing , and I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to be good at both disciplines?

Honestly.....being good at both , open's more door's and increases your bank account. I would almost bet that the good SX rider's here in the state's.....make 70% of their yearly income , from SX.

I have a feeling , that if Europe had multiple indoor arena's , they would be practicing at SX more.
Because they don't?

I mean , do you see Herling's , AC , Desalle , Paulin , Coldenhoff , Anstie , and many other's really ever doing SX races?

I think some of them do like it , but haven't really ever given it a shot. There are some exception's , but when you look at the whole field , not many give SX a second thought.
Ray_MXS
10/14/2018 10:11am
jeffro503 wrote:
Because they don't? I mean , do you see Herling's , AC , Desalle , Paulin , Coldenhoff , Anstie , and many other's really ever...
Because they don't?

I mean , do you see Herling's , AC , Desalle , Paulin , Coldenhoff , Anstie , and many other's really ever doing SX races?

I think some of them do like it , but haven't really ever given it a shot. There are some exception's , but when you look at the whole field , not many give SX a second thought.
Countries outside the USA will never take supercross as serious as the Americans will. It's just a type of event that for whatever reason becomes really popular in America, and in turn generates a lot of money and fills big arenas. Think Monster trucks, Wrestling, or to some extent even Nascar. Big flashy, exciting events like that just doesn't drag a very big crowd over here for whatever reason.
10/14/2018 10:20am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 10:25am
jeffro503 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Because they don't? I mean , do you see Herling's , AC , Desalle , Paulin , Coldenhoff , Anstie , and many other's really ever...
Because they don't?

so to give respect to SX they should race SX ? should Hamilton go race NASCAR to respect the series ??
do AMA riders come over to Lommel to race a MXGP ?

dont think you have to race or do something to have respect for it .. both disciplines are just too different i think , too much to make a swicth for a one off race .. MEC would be most logic option , Gajser tried and he is probably the best SX riderin current MXGP field .. he didnt look that bad , but it showed you need more to do good and you dont go race MEC to be just a fill in if youre name is Cairoli or Herlings
maybe if SX would be bigger in europe and had more international races it would be different , just look at that SMX cup from last year ..that would have been a great jumpstart for a series indoor and maybe more ... but it failed bigtime , there is simply no interest it seems and they had Dungey ,Musquin etc at the start gate... there were like 150 people ?

for now its all or nothing for these guys , its too different from MX so its not like they come over and do A1 just for fun .you need to come over and do time and learn SX , it takes at least 2 seasons and i think thats why you wont see MXGP riders come over to race SX ... only the ones that go fulltime SX

but who knows , Herlings likes a challenge and he do likes Supercross

http://gatedrop.com/video-herlings-im-starting-love-supercross/

just my opinion Wink

The Shop

10/14/2018 11:01am
philG wrote:
France and Germany have great domestic SX series and places to practice. Germany has quite a few indoor practice tracks, my friends ride MX indoors all...
France and Germany have great domestic SX series and places to practice. Germany has quite a few indoor practice tracks, my friends ride MX indoors all winter there.

France have an Outdoor and an Indoor SX Series and many Practice Tracks for SX ! Germany have a 3 Race SX Series and maybe 2 German Riders where riding SX in the Big Boy Class! Our Indoor Tracks are for Hobby Riders and very Easy!
uk125250
10/14/2018 11:32am
I don’t think Tomac wants Herlings or a host of other gp riders to focus on Supercross. He’d be fighting for top 5s, maybe a podium when guys crash.
10/14/2018 12:27pm
Rs444 wrote:
One thing that many on here seems to have missunderstood when the think that a guy from italy, slovenia, holland or denmark etc going over the...
One thing that many on here seems to have missunderstood when the think that a guy from italy, slovenia, holland or denmark etc going over the pond would do much worse than a guy from germany or france because is that no, supercross isnt big in germany or france either and they didnt grow up racing sx. Ffs, you cant just go to a track in germany or france and practice Sx because there are hardly any sx tracks to practice on. Sure, there are ppl who have built smäll private sx tracks on their land where ppl could play around if they asked nicely and know them and there are probably a few public moto compounds that have smaller amateur sx style tracks on them in france but you could count them on your hands, its not like in america where you have sx style side tracks on half the tracks and big training facilities and such. Sure they race sx series in a couple of countries over here but we are talking small amateur'ish Championships for show with riders who hardly could qualify for the canadian or aussie champs.

With this being said i hope ppl drop their bs about fast europeans being able to compete in AMA Sx if they prefered to do so over mxgp because MM and Kr showed that they can win and they didnt have any advantages when it comes to sx over any one else of the top europeans. Thinking that they did good because germans and french grows up racing sx is pure fantasies..

And So damn tired of ppl saying herlings would do shit on mec and in Sx and so on so here u go. 6-7 years ago on a 250 way before he started peaking so one could imagine he would do perfectly fine after a couple of weeks practicing sx too. He is a good rider, wouldnt take long for him to adjust, but this goes to show that he just aint interested in sx and that he aint "scared" and knows how to ride sx as well so there is no need for grumpy euro-haters to say he would get lapped and bla bla bla because he wouldnt, its retarded to Think that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4On8Mg9Oxw
Herlings would have to take time to adjust before he’d set the world on fire. Remember, MM25 and Roczen spent months training on their teams sx tracks and then rode the lites class first. Herlings would likely get lapped his first time out. Tomac laps top ten sx riders who have been at it for years. Herlings is a world class rider so I have no doubt that he could adapt, but thinking he would immediately be a contender is naive.
Rs444
10/14/2018 3:48pm
Rs444 wrote:
I beg to differ. If anything i've said that i actually like tomac even though i stated the obvious to and its up to u how...
I beg to differ. If anything i've said that i actually like tomac even though i stated the obvious to and its up to u how you wanna feel about it. And if trying to educate ppl with no clue about how things work over here in europe and trying to teach ppl that its pure fantasies that the french and germans grows up racing supercross etc hurts you bro then i feel sorry for you and have to accept that you choose to live in your little fantasy world ?.

Ray_MXS wrote:
It's so funny you think that yourself, a keyboard warrior from Sweden, knows jack shit about what's going on outside your parents basement, let alone the...
It's so funny you think that yourself, a keyboard warrior from Sweden, knows jack shit about what's going on outside your parents basement, let alone the supercross scenes in Germany or France.

Hilarious
Man u also seem to know more about me than i do. Here was i thinking i was 32 years old with 26 years of riding behind me and competing in the same championships as Freddy norén, Filip bengtsson, Filip thuresson etc. Goes to show that you dont know shit about me so please dont try to sound like you do.. And oh, my parents doesnt have a basement but i do own my own 250.000 dollar apartment + a Country Home i the northern parts of Sweden as well but i might try to convice my parents to buy a house and sell mine so i can move to their basement now, sounds cozy and so on. and i've been to germany quite a lot might i add, only takes around 14-15hrs to drive there and u can make some good money bying beer at the bordershops and sell here Wink .

Dont know why this was important tho when the topic wasnt about me being able to ride sx or not!?.
Rs444
10/14/2018 3:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:

+1. We have a lot of indoor arena's in europe but most are football/hockey stadiums or other types of stadiums but i have a feeling many organizers are too scared of loosing money when the sport is small in most european countries.
Rs444
10/14/2018 3:55pm
Rs444 wrote:
One thing that many on here seems to have missunderstood when the think that a guy from italy, slovenia, holland or denmark etc going over the...
One thing that many on here seems to have missunderstood when the think that a guy from italy, slovenia, holland or denmark etc going over the pond would do much worse than a guy from germany or france because is that no, supercross isnt big in germany or france either and they didnt grow up racing sx. Ffs, you cant just go to a track in germany or france and practice Sx because there are hardly any sx tracks to practice on. Sure, there are ppl who have built smäll private sx tracks on their land where ppl could play around if they asked nicely and know them and there are probably a few public moto compounds that have smaller amateur sx style tracks on them in france but you could count them on your hands, its not like in america where you have sx style side tracks on half the tracks and big training facilities and such. Sure they race sx series in a couple of countries over here but we are talking small amateur'ish Championships for show with riders who hardly could qualify for the canadian or aussie champs.

With this being said i hope ppl drop their bs about fast europeans being able to compete in AMA Sx if they prefered to do so over mxgp because MM and Kr showed that they can win and they didnt have any advantages when it comes to sx over any one else of the top europeans. Thinking that they did good because germans and french grows up racing sx is pure fantasies..

And So damn tired of ppl saying herlings would do shit on mec and in Sx and so on so here u go. 6-7 years ago on a 250 way before he started peaking so one could imagine he would do perfectly fine after a couple of weeks practicing sx too. He is a good rider, wouldnt take long for him to adjust, but this goes to show that he just aint interested in sx and that he aint "scared" and knows how to ride sx as well so there is no need for grumpy euro-haters to say he would get lapped and bla bla bla because he wouldnt, its retarded to Think that.

Herlings would have to take time to adjust before he’d set the world on fire. Remember, MM25 and Roczen spent months training on their teams sx...
Herlings would have to take time to adjust before he’d set the world on fire. Remember, MM25 and Roczen spent months training on their teams sx tracks and then rode the lites class first. Herlings would likely get lapped his first time out. Tomac laps top ten sx riders who have been at it for years. Herlings is a world class rider so I have no doubt that he could adapt, but thinking he would immediately be a contender is naive.
This is what im talking about. Yeah anyone would have to adapt but the thing i wanted ppl to understand is that its naive to Think noone of them could if they wanted too like too many ppl seems to Think on here.
10/14/2018 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 4:37pm
Rs444 wrote:

Herlings would have to take time to adjust before he’d set the world on fire. Remember, MM25 and Roczen spent months training on their teams sx...
Rs444 wrote:
This is what im talking about. Yeah anyone would have to adapt but the thing i wanted ppl to understand is that its naive to Think...
This is what im talking about. Yeah anyone would have to adapt but the thing i wanted ppl to understand is that its naive to Think noone of them could if they wanted too like too many ppl seems to Think on here.
I absolutely agree with you. I’m not sure who doesn’t think he’d be good at sx given a bit of time, but I’m not one of them. He’s elite level and that would no doubt translate into sx as well.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/14/2018 4:55pm
Take the top guys from each series, shuffle them up, give them a year or 2 to get used to the change and they finish where they are finishing now.
wfo4ever
10/14/2018 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 6:13pm
hillbilly wrote:
The outdoor tracks are more sx than sx tracks.

10 hucks a lap over 80 about ever track anymore.
This is very true, I agree with hillbilly. But SX is were the money and focus is, not the outdoor nationals. We don't have the Monster Energy Outdoor Nationals for a reason. The MXGP riders do not need the circus called SX.
Rs444
10/14/2018 11:33pm
early wrote:
Take the top guys from each series, shuffle them up, give them a year or 2 to get used to the change and they finish where...
Take the top guys from each series, shuffle them up, give them a year or 2 to get used to the change and they finish where they are finishing now.
I actually agree with u. I would love to see tomac take on the gp's because given a season of getting used to it i think he would do well. The question is if any of the top riders egos would allow them to change enviroment and get smoked for a season before getting used to mxgp/sx or if that would be to much for them!?
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/15/2018 4:05am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 4:11am
Rs444 wrote:
I actually agree with u. I would love to see tomac take on the gp's because given a season of getting used to it i think...
I actually agree with u. I would love to see tomac take on the gp's because given a season of getting used to it i think he would do well. The question is if any of the top riders egos would allow them to change enviroment and get smoked for a season before getting used to mxgp/sx or if that would be to much for them!?
I don't think it's a question of ego's it's a question of motivation. If Tomac at this point had 2 SX and 3 MX titles under his belt there might be motivation to go do something different. As it stands he has lots of unfinished business he's been working his whole life towards to walk away. It's a shame RV didn't put in a couple years of honest effort in the GPs I think he could have had something for them.

Same with JH, what will he do after he captures the all-time win record? I guess try to win as many MX1 chanpionships as he can, maybe set a record. Or he could come here and race SX and prove he has skills equal to the AMA riders.
Rs444
10/15/2018 2:20pm
Rs444 wrote:
I actually agree with u. I would love to see tomac take on the gp's because given a season of getting used to it i think...
early wrote:
I don't think it's a question of ego's it's a question of motivation. If Tomac at this point had 2 SX and 3 MX titles under...
I don't think it's a question of ego's it's a question of motivation. If Tomac at this point had 2 SX and 3 MX titles under his belt there might be motivation to go do something different. As it stands he has lots of unfinished business he's been working his whole life towards to walk away. It's a shame RV didn't put in a couple years of honest effort in the GPs I think he could have had something for them.

Same with JH, what will he do after he captures the all-time win record? I guess try to win as many MX1 chanpionships as he can, maybe set a record. Or he could come here and race SX and prove he has skills equal to the AMA riders.
I hear u but its a big risk for any of the top dudes to switch series and i Think they are a bit worried about their legacy if they would do bad after making a transition because the bad results would be the Only thing ppl would remember more or less :/.
To be honest i dont see herlings winning 10 titles. He would have to race Into his 30's to do that and he himself have stated that he doesnt want to race for as long as tc222 have done and even if he did its hard to stay healthy for 6 seasons not to mention prado and New guys Will have moved up to 450s by then and possibly (hopefully) som fast up and coming americans going for the title.

Post a reply to: Herlings and other MXGP riders riding supercross.

The Latest