Herlings and Tomac Both in MXGP Class

Edited Date/Time 9/15/2018 8:21pm
According to what I have read, Herlings and Tomac are both in the MXGP class (rather than MXGP and Open) for the MXoN. That means they'll face off three times, including the Saturday qualifying race. Seems as though that'd be creating a buzz. Or maybe I just missed it. I miss a lotta shit.

https://mxvice.com/79773/the-teams-mxon-list

Consider the final race (MXGP+Open). Everybody will be in: Herlings, Cairoli, Tomac, Barcia, Roczen, Desalle, Febvre, Paulin, Anstie, Coldenhoff, Musquin ... wait, drat, scratch Marvin.

|
crf250pilot
8/14/2018 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 4:05pm
Tomac, Herlings and Trampus Pastrami all in the same class Wow!!
jeffro503
8/14/2018 4:35pm
Will be a great race. Sure wish Marvin was part of it.

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
8/14/2018 4:43pm
I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?
MXD
8/14/2018 4:47pm
Brad460 wrote:
I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?
On a neutral track I think he beats Eli more often than not. But they are close enough that Eli’s experience at Red Bud should be enough for him to hold an edge over JH.

Either way, they are the 2 baddest dudes on dirt bikes right now and it’ll be awesome to watch.
jeffro503
8/14/2018 4:49pm
Brad460 wrote:
Yeah , yeah I can.
gabrielito
8/14/2018 4:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Will be a great race. Sure wish Marvin was part of it.
French Guiana for charity with DV and Pourcel. Stamp it
8/14/2018 5:05pm
Tomac, Herlings and Trampus Pastrami all in the same class Wow!!
Nope, Trampus is MX3. I’m afraid ET and JH will have to face The Ron.
ATKpilot99
8/14/2018 5:12pm
I've gotta go. Haven't got a ticket yet but its not that far and I'll be kicking myself if I don't . I'll sleep in my truck I don't care.
8/14/2018 5:22pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I've gotta go. Haven't got a ticket yet but its not that far and I'll be kicking myself if I don't . I'll sleep in my...
I've gotta go. Haven't got a ticket yet but its not that far and I'll be kicking myself if I don't . I'll sleep in my truck I don't care.
Been thinking the exact same thing the last few weeks. Think my bro & I are gonna try to pull his pop up & make do with whatever we have to...
SlasherMcGee
8/14/2018 5:33pm
Herlings will go 1:1. I Just hope Eli doesn't try to beat him.. No reason. Win the war, not the battle.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/14/2018 5:34pm
Brad460 wrote:
I wouldn't bet against Herlings
But seriously would you bet against Tomac?
PastranaWho
8/14/2018 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 6:21pm
Brad460 wrote:
Only tomac has a chance, especially its home soil and a track he is familiar with. How good are tomac starts ?because herlings is pretty much dialed in.
8/14/2018 7:40pm
Herlings will go 1:1. I Just hope Eli doesn't try to beat him.. No reason. Win the war, not the battle.
This is a great point. The USA probably has the best team, and 2-2 would go a long way to securing the win. Tomac needs to think strategically.

ON THE OTHER HAND ... the Netherlands has a shot at the title too (it probably depends on Coldenhoff), and a Herlings' 1-1 would go a long way toward that.
TDeath21
8/14/2018 8:26pm
Awesome. Always thought it was stupid they put him in the Open class. Probably cost the Netherlands the 2016 Chamberlain Trophy.
NateDawg
8/14/2018 9:58pm
Brad460 wrote:
You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.
8/14/2018 10:02pm
NateDawg wrote:
You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.
Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.
NateDawg
8/14/2018 10:29pm
NateDawg wrote:
Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th. But sure...
Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.
Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!
8/14/2018 10:43pm
NateDawg wrote:
Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th. But sure...

NateDawg wrote:
Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run...
Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!
If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.
daemon616
8/14/2018 10:47pm
Is you stupid or something? When it takes place it will. stop these what if all of that threads please dear lord it's exhausting.
NateDawg
8/14/2018 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 10:49pm

NateDawg wrote:
Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run...
If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that...
If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.
He was beaten by Cooper Webb the same year on his 250. The bike isn't an excuse.
SCR
8/14/2018 11:25pm

NateDawg wrote:
If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that...
If I'm not mistaken Anderson broke his foot in the qualifier and it didn't look like he would race Sunday.
Luckily the Honda wrecking crew from 86 was on hand and Johnson and Bailey told him , don't be a pussy, suck it up and go kick ass. And that's exactly what he did.
Ok I don't know if Johnson and Bailey said that but I like to think so. And it's a fact on that day Herlings got beat sraight up by a broken foot American bad ass.
8/14/2018 11:43pm
NateDawg wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
Djeez did you even see that race, seems like you only read the results? Only looking at the (1) fastest lap of the race by these guys doesn't tell you shit bro.
FYI Herlings was a 250 rider at that time and railed in Anderson on a 'strange' bike to him. It was just because he slipped away in a corner that he didn't win.

For now, Herlings is pretty much unbeatable. If Tomac doesn't start inside the top 5 he has no chance. I hope ET has two holeshots so we get to see the real thing.
8/15/2018 12:59am
NateDawg wrote:
SCR wrote:
If I'm not mistaken Anderson broke his foot in the qualifier and it didn't look like he would race Sunday. Luckily the Honda wrecking crew from...
If I'm not mistaken Anderson broke his foot in the qualifier and it didn't look like he would race Sunday.
Luckily the Honda wrecking crew from 86 was on hand and Johnson and Bailey told him , don't be a pussy, suck it up and go kick ass. And that's exactly what he did.
Ok I don't know if Johnson and Bailey said that but I like to think so. And it's a fact on that day Herlings got beat sraight up by a broken foot American bad ass.
I had forgot about that.. you are very correct. That definitely changes my perspective on things especially on that race, Jason truly is a badass. Either way I believe the Herlings that will show up at Red Bud is on a different level from the Herlings at Maggoria.
NateDawg
8/15/2018 1:25am

NateDawg wrote:
Djeez did you even see that race, seems like you only read the results? Only looking at the (1) fastest lap of the race by these...
Djeez did you even see that race, seems like you only read the results? Only looking at the (1) fastest lap of the race by these guys doesn't tell you shit bro.
FYI Herlings was a 250 rider at that time and railed in Anderson on a 'strange' bike to him. It was just because he slipped away in a corner that he didn't win.

For now, Herlings is pretty much unbeatable. If Tomac doesn't start inside the top 5 he has no chance. I hope ET has two holeshots so we get to see the real thing.
Anderson was riding on a broken foot... your argument is invalid.
8/15/2018 1:43am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 1:43am
can't wait for the post race excuses from the yanks after jeffrey takes them to school (again) in their own back yard
8/15/2018 1:44am
+1
Just keep thinking that the 2016 Herlings is the same as the Herlings from now....
mwr
8/15/2018 1:47am
can't wait for the post race excuses from the yanks after jeffrey takes them to school (again) in their own back yard
You may have to wait until after they celebrate winning MXoN.

Post a reply to: Herlings and Tomac Both in MXGP Class

The Latest