Herlings and Tomac Both in MXGP Class

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2018 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 1:37 PM

According to what I have read, Herlings and Tomac are both in the MXGP class (rather than MXGP and Open) for the MXoN. That means they'll face off three times, including the Saturday qualifying race. Seems as though that'd be creating a buzz. Or maybe I just missed it. I miss a lotta shit.

https://mxvice.com/79773/the-teams-mxon-list

Consider the final race (MXGP+Open). Everybody will be in: Herlings, Cairoli, Tomac, Barcia, Roczen, Desalle, Febvre, Paulin, Anstie, Coldenhoff, Musquin ... wait, drat, scratch Marvin.


|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/14/2018 1:31 PM

That is a stacked class. Can't wait.

|

8/14/2018 2:27 PM

Our boys will lap the field. EZ-PZ

|

8/14/2018 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 4:05 PM

Tomac, Herlings and Trampus Pastrami all in the same class Wow!!

|

8/14/2018 4:35 PM

Will be a great race. Sure wish Marvin was part of it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/14/2018 4:43 PM

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

|

8/14/2018 4:47 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

On a neutral track I think he beats Eli more often than not. But they are close enough that Eli’s experience at Red Bud should be enough for him to hold an edge over JH.

Either way, they are the 2 baddest dudes on dirt bikes right now and it’ll be awesome to watch.

|

8/14/2018 4:49 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

Yeah , yeah I can.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/14/2018 4:52 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Will be a great race. Sure wish Marvin was part of it.

French Guiana for charity with DV and Pourcel. Stamp it

|

8/14/2018 5:05 PM

crf250pilot wrote:

Tomac, Herlings and Trampus Pastrami all in the same class Wow!!

Nope, Trampus is MX3. I’m afraid ET and JH will have to face The Ron.

|

8/14/2018 5:08 PM

I'll take well no shit for $500 Alex.

|

8/14/2018 5:12 PM

I've gotta go. Haven't got a ticket yet but its not that far and I'll be kicking myself if I don't . I'll sleep in my truck I don't care.

|

8/14/2018 5:22 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I've gotta go. Haven't got a ticket yet but its not that far and I'll be kicking myself if I don't . I'll sleep in my truck I don't care.

Been thinking the exact same thing the last few weeks. Think my bro & I are gonna try to pull his pop up & make do with whatever we have to...

|

8/14/2018 5:33 PM

Herlings will go 1:1. I Just hope Eli doesn't try to beat him.. No reason. Win the war, not the battle.

|

***************************************************************

8/14/2018 5:34 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

I wouldn't bet against Herlings
But seriously would you bet against Tomac?

|

8/14/2018 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 6:21 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

Only tomac has a chance, especially its home soil and a track he is familiar with. How good are tomac starts ?because herlings is pretty much dialed in.

|

8/14/2018 7:40 PM

SlasherMcGee wrote:

Herlings will go 1:1. I Just hope Eli doesn't try to beat him.. No reason. Win the war, not the battle.

This is a great point. The USA probably has the best team, and 2-2 would go a long way to securing the win. Tomac needs to think strategically.

ON THE OTHER HAND ... the Netherlands has a shot at the title too (it probably depends on Coldenhoff), and a Herlings' 1-1 would go a long way toward that.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/14/2018 8:26 PM

Awesome. Always thought it was stupid they put him in the Open class. Probably cost the Netherlands the 2016 Chamberlain Trophy.

|

8/14/2018 9:58 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.

|

8/14/2018 10:02 PM

NateDawg wrote:

You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/14/2018 10:29 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think I’d put my money on Herlings for all three races..seriously can anyone see this guy getting beat?

NateDawg wrote:

You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

|

8/14/2018 10:43 PM

NateDawg wrote:

You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.

|

8/14/2018 10:47 PM

Is you stupid or something? When it takes place it will. stop these what if all of that threads please dear lord it's exhausting.

|

8/14/2018 10:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 10:49 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

jorgechavez wrote:

If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.

He was beaten by Cooper Webb the same year on his 250. The bike isn't an excuse.

|

8/14/2018 11:25 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

jorgechavez wrote:

If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.

If I'm not mistaken Anderson broke his foot in the qualifier and it didn't look like he would race Sunday.
Luckily the Honda wrecking crew from 86 was on hand and Johnson and Bailey told him , don't be a pussy, suck it up and go kick ass. And that's exactly what he did.
Ok I don't know if Johnson and Bailey said that but I like to think so. And it's a fact on that day Herlings got beat sraight up by a broken foot American bad ass.

|

8/14/2018 11:43 PM

NateDawg wrote:

You mean like when Jason Anderson beat him at the MXoN? Yea, I can totally see Tomac doing that.

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

Djeez did you even see that race, seems like you only read the results? Only looking at the (1) fastest lap of the race by these guys doesn't tell you shit bro.
FYI Herlings was a 250 rider at that time and railed in Anderson on a 'strange' bike to him. It was just because he slipped away in a corner that he didn't win.

For now, Herlings is pretty much unbeatable. If Tomac doesn't start inside the top 5 he has no chance. I hope ET has two holeshots so we get to see the real thing.

|

8/15/2018 12:59 AM

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

jorgechavez wrote:

If I'm not mistaken that was also Herlings first professional race on a 450, whereas Anderson had been racing a 450 for two seasons at that point. Also, I think Red Bud will be a better track for Jeffrey than Maggoria was as Red Bud is decently sandy.

SCR wrote:

If I'm not mistaken Anderson broke his foot in the qualifier and it didn't look like he would race Sunday.
Luckily the Honda wrecking crew from 86 was on hand and Johnson and Bailey told him , don't be a pussy, suck it up and go kick ass. And that's exactly what he did.
Ok I don't know if Johnson and Bailey said that but I like to think so. And it's a fact on that day Herlings got beat sraight up by a broken foot American bad ass.

I had forgot about that.. you are very correct. That definitely changes my perspective on things especially on that race, Jason truly is a badass. Either way I believe the Herlings that will show up at Red Bud is on a different level from the Herlings at Maggoria.

|

8/15/2018 1:25 AM

Brownstone322 wrote:

Keep telling yourself that. Anderson pulled the holeshot, but Herlings was faster. The previous day Herlings won the qualifying race, and Anderson was 14th.

But sure, if Tomac pulls the holeshot and Herlings is outside the Top 10, Tomac is gonna win. But that's probably the only way.

NateDawg wrote:

Anderson and Herlings ran almost the exact same lap time that race. Anderson ran a 1:54.1 and Herlings ran a 1:54.0. Anderson can rarely ever run Eli's pace outdoors, but don't let those pesky facts get in your way!

CalimeroFan wrote:

Djeez did you even see that race, seems like you only read the results? Only looking at the (1) fastest lap of the race by these guys doesn't tell you shit bro.
FYI Herlings was a 250 rider at that time and railed in Anderson on a 'strange' bike to him. It was just because he slipped away in a corner that he didn't win.

For now, Herlings is pretty much unbeatable. If Tomac doesn't start inside the top 5 he has no chance. I hope ET has two holeshots so we get to see the real thing.

Anderson was riding on a broken foot... your argument is invalid.

|

8/15/2018 1:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 1:43 AM

can't wait for the post race excuses from the yanks after jeffrey takes them to school (again) in their own back yard

|

8/15/2018 1:44 AM

+1
Just keep thinking that the 2016 Herlings is the same as the Herlings from now....

|