Herlings and Cairoli

just James
So if I read it right, JH finished ahead of AC in Russia.
Now if AC loses the championship by 1 point at season's end, will KTM be regretting their decision to not allow ol' Jeffrey to come to the US to race the nationals?
Could it end up that KTM misses out on both championships when they could have potentially won both?
|
kkawboy14
6/9/2019 5:50pm
just James wrote:
So if I read it right, JH finished ahead of AC in Russia. Now if AC loses the championship by 1 point at season's end, will...
Now if AC loses the championship by 1 point at season's end, will KTM be regretting their decision to not allow ol' Jeffrey to come to the US to race the nationals?
Could it end up that KTM misses out on both championships when they could have potentially won both?
No

The Shop

just James
6/9/2019 6:02pm
BR8ES wrote:
Wtf
just James wrote:
Am I missing something?
BR8ES wrote:
Yes, you are.
Ok, enlighten me.
I don't like to appear more stupider than usual. Lol
BR8ES
6/9/2019 6:08pm
just James wrote:
Am I missing something?
BR8ES wrote:
Yes, you are.
just James wrote:
Ok, enlighten me.
I don't like to appear more stupider than usual. Lol
You're not stupid, just a bizarre thread and idea/scenario
Lucifa.
6/9/2019 6:11pm
just James wrote:
So if I read it right, JH finished ahead of AC in Russia. Now if AC loses the championship by 1 point at season's end, will...
No
6/9/2019 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 6:54pm
just James wrote:
They are going to fire Herlings if he doesn't lose is what I heard.
yz25
6/9/2019 8:34pm
Can anyone really question the KTM brass for keeping JH84 some what tight leash when it comes to extra events on 2 wheels? How many championships has he/KTM lost due to the racing/events outside the series in which he is paid to win. The worst part in some case he had the championship wrapped up, or it was pretty obvious he would be the champion.

I get he is paid also to advertise a brand.
It’s not like we have any of our top guys lining up in other series on days off more less coming back from an injury. Also, what else does he really have to prove. Seriously. Take any rider racing at the moment on there best day on a mx track, he wins. My question why don’t we have our riders going across the pond to race him to prove they are the next big thing. He came over with short period to prepare, not the same racing equipment he use to, and we witnessed the “wood shed” beating he gave the “worlds fastest” riders. Just what it was.
But if he comes back to the states I will do my best to see it in person!

Sorry rant over!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
6/9/2019 8:56pm
So ..... why let JH race at all this year since anything’s possible?
It would be a safer bet that JH would finish ahead of TG and benefit TC.
More curious would be how hard would JH race TC for position.
Jerkolantern
6/9/2019 9:02pm
yz25 wrote:
Can anyone really question the KTM brass for keeping JH84 some what tight leash when it comes to extra events on 2 wheels? How many championships...
Can anyone really question the KTM brass for keeping JH84 some what tight leash when it comes to extra events on 2 wheels? How many championships has he/KTM lost due to the racing/events outside the series in which he is paid to win. The worst part in some case he had the championship wrapped up, or it was pretty obvious he would be the champion.

It’s not like we have any of our top guys lining up in other series on days off more less coming back from an injury. Also, what else does he really have to prove. Seriously. Take any rider racing at the moment on there best day on a mx track, he wins. My question why don’t we have our riders going across the pond to race him to prove they are the next big thing. He came over with short period to prepare, not the same racing equipment he use to, and we witnessed the “wood shed” beating he gave the “worlds fastest” riders. Just what it was.

Sorry rant over!
Herlings has been beaten by ama guys. Ama guys have been beaten by Euros and that's the facts. I don't care what anyone says, helings in the states made sense. The op is right, he could mess up 222
6/9/2019 10:32pm
yz25 wrote:
Can anyone really question the KTM brass for keeping JH84 some what tight leash when it comes to extra events on 2 wheels? How many championships...

Sorry rant over!
Herlings has been beaten by ama guys. Ama guys have been beaten by Euros and that's the facts. I don't care what anyone says, helings in...
Herlings has been beaten by ama guys. Ama guys have been beaten by Euros and that's the facts. I don't care what anyone says, helings in the states made sense. The op is right, he could mess up 222
The past few rounds, Cairoli has been messing himself up.
Mucktub
6/10/2019 1:04am
A few factors this weekend that no one could have predicted;

1. KTM expected Cairoli to be pushing for the win but unfortunately that all went wrong in the qualifier.

2. Over these last few rounds Gasjer has found his mojo and is riding super consistent

3. The track. As we saw the track was such that it bit many quality riders inc 222 and 84.

4. Tonus. Finding his form and was/is a contender for race wins.

5. It's been a long time since Cairoli messed up at 2 GP's on the bounce, I'd go as far to say that probably never happened before

If Herlings had raced the nationals he wouldn't of started at the first round so what would be the point in that, by this weekends showing he's not yet to 100% and the track was a biter so I don't believe he took chances out there.
6/10/2019 1:29am
1) Herlings would have missed the first three rounds of the AMA Championship and then he'd be sub-par for a few rounds. You still think he was in for a shot at the title?

2) Motocross might be the worst sport in the world for the amnesia of the fans. 9 times world champ has a few bad rounds and suddenly it's looking like it's all over to them. Cairoli is a beast, I'm expecting him to sort himself out.

3) Why is this not in the Dumbgeon yet?
Mucktub
6/10/2019 1:38am
Points 1 and 2, correct.

3, not sure it's got to that stage yet.
kiwifan
6/10/2019 1:53am
1) Herlings would have missed the first three rounds of the AMA Championship and then he'd be sub-par for a few rounds. You still think he...
1) Herlings would have missed the first three rounds of the AMA Championship and then he'd be sub-par for a few rounds. You still think he was in for a shot at the title?

2) Motocross might be the worst sport in the world for the amnesia of the fans. 9 times world champ has a few bad rounds and suddenly it's looking like it's all over to them. Cairoli is a beast, I'm expecting him to sort himself out.

3) Why is this not in the Dumbgeon yet?
2) some Cairoli and Herlings fans have short memories too, it was not long ago that they said Gajser would crash his brains out and Cairoli has the title easy.

I do agree though that there is still plenty of time left for either Cairoli to storm back or Gajser to increase the lead even more.
CPR
6/10/2019 2:25am
When KTM announced that they were keeping Herlings in Europe to back up their GP effort I was surprised because I was actually thinking there is more chance of him taking points off Cairoli than supporting him, so from that perspective the OP has a point.
6/10/2019 5:54am
yz25 wrote:

Sorry rant over!
Keeping him tight leashed this year doesn’t make any sense.
He is out of both championships.

Cairoli made the mistakes this weekend, it’s out of JH84 hands.

I’ve said it before, Cairoli must be devastated he’s not getting wins (and maybe title) to get closer to Stefan Everts record. It looked like should have been an easy year for him with JH84 out but the competition has stepped it up.
ob
6/10/2019 8:03am
Is the 222 blowing it? I hope he gets back on track.
beamer
6/10/2019 10:20am
just James wrote:
It's not a team sport, obviously. "Team-mates" taking points away from each other is no different from a different branded rider doing the same. At least it shouldn't be......

No to answer your question.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/10/2019 11:05am
Cairoli is hurting himself right now... TG243 has found his groove.

Not to derail, but I'd rather talk about the MASSIVE step up made by Arnaud Tonus... Shit man!
ATKpilot99
6/10/2019 11:09am
Press516 wrote:
Cairoli is hurting himself right now... TG243 has found his groove. Not to derail, but I'd rather talk about the MASSIVE step up made by Arnaud...

Not to derail, but I'd rather talk about the MASSIVE step up made by Arnaud Tonus... Shit man!
He's riding awesome. I really wanted to see him get that moto win Sunday.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/10/2019 11:14am
Press516 wrote:
Cairoli is hurting himself right now... TG243 has found his groove. Not to derail, but I'd rather talk about the MASSIVE step up made by Arnaud...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
You see his team when he came in after moto 2? They were going nuts! You would have thought he won it for sure.
ATKpilot99
6/10/2019 11:26am
Press516 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
You see his team when he came in after moto 2? They were going nuts! You would have thought he won it for sure.
Yeah that was great to see. He's established himself as a solid frontrunner. I hope he can keep it going.

Post a reply to: Herlings and Cairoli

The Latest