Herlings Injured

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2014 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2014 5:56 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

GFY douche' bag!

AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and ...more

chrisbuehler wrote:

"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't ...more

Apples to oranges as per usual, the pace is faster because the tracks are,it's something all the recent Euros have had to adjust to Pourcel went over and kicked ass,Roczen certainly ran upfront too in a particularly tough class at the time,Musquin has never had a decent run,both him and Pourcel are not the riders they were when they left Europe,not bagging on them,I'd say most GP followers would probably agree

Sure there are probably more fast guys upfront over there,but there's no telling how guys like BB4 and DW etc would fare over here,and I'm not talking Lommel etc.

Herlings at 19 years old has levelled his head,he's amazing to watch in real life,the guys he's beating are no slouches though,I still think he'd have done the job at Unadilla too

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

8/25/2014 6:04 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

GFY douche' bag!

AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and ...more

chrisbuehler wrote:

"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't ...more

if you think herlings would only be a 3rd-5th place guy in america, where do you think tonus will be finishing next year?

|

8/25/2014 6:11 AM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is ...more

Oh man, that shit was horrible! Imagine someone doing that now?!

Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a fuck like some other riders. Like that time 6 weeks ago I interviewed him in front of a real Amsterdam Coffeeshop (Yeah that kind of coffeeshop). Don't think many other champs would do that!

Photo

|

8/25/2014 6:28 AM

2strokerider wrote:

if you think herlings would only be a 3rd-5th place guy in america, where do you think tonus will be finishing next year?

I think JH would be more of a 1st-3rd place guy here in the 250's

|

8/25/2014 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2014 6:37 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

i know this post is old but your really underestimating herlings here

|

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

8/25/2014 7:11 AM

Moens_Andy wrote:

Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is ...more

Motocrossjunky wrote:

Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a ...more

Wow that shit is very bad.

I can see JS7 making some rap song about dirtbikes and living like a boss.

|

8/25/2014 7:55 AM

Great movie about the mindset of an ocasional champion vs multiple champion

|

9/4/2014 7:33 AM

has there been an update on his recovery? if he's riding mexico?

|

9/4/2014 7:55 AM

thrillbillie91 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked fairly close for a two race cushion the last time I checked

|

9/4/2014 7:59 AM

thrillbillie91 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked ...more

latest reports are that he will NOT be racing in either brazil or mexico...

he is on the entry list but i think he has been advised against it by the doctors

|

9/4/2014 8:03 AM

thrillbillie91 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked ...more

2strokerider wrote:

latest reports are that he will NOT be racing in either brazil or mexico...

he is on the entry list but i think he has been ...more

They wanted to make a decision this week wether to ride or not in Mexico but they postponed it. No news as yet.

|

9/4/2014 8:17 AM

He probably shouldn't, a world title is definitely worth the risk but he's definitely good enough to win many, many more in his career. If he doesn't win this one, I'm sure looking back on his career he would regret the injury but know deep down that nobody could deny his dominance this season. He doesn't need to risk his future for this title, and not just think about the number of world titles he will get and think about his health as priority number uno.

|

9/4/2014 8:23 AM

If Jordi can keep the pressure on then things are going to be pretty spectacular come Mexico. The guy has kept it together so far.

|

9/4/2014 8:26 AM

Guess he might be waiting to see how Tixier does in Brazil? No point in defending a championship lead until you have to!
If it's getting too close, Mexico may be on the cards!

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

9/4/2014 9:04 AM

robkinuk wrote:

Guess he might be waiting to see how Tixier does in Brazil? No point in defending a championship lead until you have to!
If ...more

but if he races both races he can get like 10th or something each moto which wouldnt be that hard considering the field is much weaker than in the europe GPs.
If Tixier has 2 good motos in Brazil, Herlings would need something like 2 podium motos in mexico which imo is pretty much impossibly with an injury like that - its not like the rest are amateurs
So in my opinion if he's gonna defend his title he has to race both (ofc it can be disasterous for his leg)

|

9/4/2014 10:25 AM

From KTM...

Regrettably, his MX2 counterpart Jeffrey Herlings has had to take doctor’s advice and continue to heal his fractured femur, at least for the penultimate round in Brazil, as Pit Beirer, KTM’s Head of Motorsports has announced.

“We’re very sorry that Jeffrey will not be able to race in Brazil this weekend, because he has rewarded us this year with a lot of exceptionally thrilling riding before his accident. But Jeffrey understands that as a professional rider he needs to listen to expert medical advice. While it is certainly disappointing for both him and the Brazilian fans, it is very important that his leg heals properly,” Beirer said.

Herlings won 12 of the first 13 MX2 GPs this season, and still has a 57-point lead in the points. His nearest rival is his own factory teammate, the talented French rider, Jordi Tixier, who has confidently stepped up with some strong results in Jeffrey’s absence and has now become the other title contender. Both Tixier and Herlings ride the KTM 250 SX-F.

|

9/4/2014 10:42 AM

GuyB wrote:

From KTM...

Regrettably, his MX2 counterpart Jeffrey Herlings has had to take doctor’s advice and continue to heal his ...more

.....aaaand reality sets in.

I think everyone that has broken their leg before knew Jeffery was done for this year, JH was in a little bit of denial for awhile, saying he could race the last round.

Feel bad for the kid, he just found out he is mortal after all.

|

9/4/2014 10:45 AM

$1M Championship bonus, handed to Tixier, who is being dropped by KTM after Mexico.

I bet that guy cannot stop laughing.

|

9/4/2014 10:47 AM

Brent wrote:

.....aaaand reality sets in.

I think everyone that has broken their leg before knew Jeffery was done for this year, JH was ...more

I didn't see anything in there that said he wouldn't (or couldn't) be in for Mexico.

|

9/4/2014 10:49 AM

He'd have to get about 4th in Mexico with a rod in his leg.

In an infinite universe, all things are possible, I suppose.

|

9/4/2014 10:55 AM

Harry Callahan wrote:

$1M Championship bonus, handed to Tixier, who is being dropped by KTM after Mexico.

I bet that guy cannot stop laughing.

Tixier must feel a little like Bogle this year winning the SX title, he's in the right place when the others fall...

I don't know if JH will race the last round, I did jump to conclusions - but will a week make a difference? I'd hate to see the poor guy get re-injured in Mexico, of all places...

|

9/4/2014 10:58 AM

Brent wrote:

Tixier must feel a little like Bogle this year winning the SX title, he's in the right place when the others fall...

I don't ...more

I'd guess it partly depends on what kind of results Tixier turns in this weekend.

|

9/4/2014 10:59 AM

I doubt he will race it.

But I would like to think that KTM will somehow compensate him for the championship bonus that was clearly his until he broke his leg at a KTM/Everts event, to which I bet his attendance was mandatory. They don't HAVE to, but it would be a nice gesture.

|

9/4/2014 11:04 AM

Harry Callahan wrote:

I doubt he will race it.

But I would like to think that KTM will somehow compensate him for the championship bonus that was ...more

No one pays bonuses for "could have would have" championships.

|

9/4/2014 11:09 AM

If he needs to race Mexico, he probably will. Remember Lierop last year? Against the advice of Everts he went out. Champion already. What do people say here on vital again? Stamp it.

|

9/4/2014 11:35 AM

GuyB wrote:

I'd guess it partly depends on what kind of results Tixier turns in this weekend.

Posted this a few days ago. Have amended it to reflect the fact that JH is out of Brazil.

Herlings is 57 points ahead of Tixier.

If Tixier goes 1-1 this weekend in Brazil (50 points) then he will be 7 points behind Herlings going into the last GP in Mexico

If Tixier also goes 1-1 at the last GP in Mexico that would put him 43 points clear of Herlings if Herlings doesn't race either of the last two GPs.

So, to guarantee a world championship Herlings needs to earn 43 more points (if Tixier cleans up over the last four races). It's not 44 because if they tied then JH would win through more moto wins. So that's 22 points (2nd place) per moto in Mexico.

However Tixier winning out is a tall order because of the tightness of the competition behind Herlings. So, if Tixier only goes, say, 2-3 in the last two GPs (84 points) then Herlings only needs 27 more points to retain the title. That equates to two 7ths at the final GP in Mexico.

Two 7ths is really quite a mountain to climb for JH, but made slightly easier by the fact that there aren't many good riders entered. There might conceivably be less than 15 finishers in those last two GPs.

It's all in the hands of Tixier. If he finishes strong then it's too much of a handicap for Herlings, in my opinion.

If Tixier chokes, then Herlings' title is stil within reach.

|

9/4/2014 1:20 PM

Aryen wrote:

If he needs to race Mexico, he probably will. Remember Lierop last year? Against the advice of Everts he went out. Champion ...more

He was racing against the advice of his team.His injury was worse after that race.Perhaps he will listen this year what the doctor/ his team have decided and he will be ready 100% for next season.

|

9/4/2014 1:32 PM

eurofighter69 wrote:

He was racing against the advice of his team.His injury was worse after that race.Perhaps he will listen this year what the ...more

ehh, he has plenty of time to recover. He can miss the first couple of GP's next year and still win the championship (as shown this year) unless he's going to move up which isn't going to happen

|

9/4/2014 1:53 PM

Motocrossjunky wrote:

Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a ...more

Not many, but some of them will do it. cool
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

KX125

9/4/2014 4:10 PM

I don't see how he can possibly ride until next season. He BROKE his FEMUR. He's got way too bright of a future to risk it for a championship he's already won two times.

|