Herlings Injured

8/25/2014 6:04am
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag! AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't...
GFY douche' bag!

AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't care for him. He's got great sand skills for sure and possibly the best in the world.....but walk all over AC?.....I think not.

Every time I see AC222 win.....he only goes fast enough to win . And like I said....put Herlings in the big boy MX1 class for a full season and AC222 would make him look stupid.

There are plenty of GP fans that think like I do as well. Including thinking Herlings is a prick! I'm bummed he got hurt.....because I wanted him 100% at the MXoN's......I didn't want any fucking excuses. Well......we obviously have them now.
"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could...
"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could make it over to get spanked.
jeffro503 wrote:
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what...
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what I said......I already said I was bummed he got hurt. I don't want to see any of these guys get hurt.

Does that mean I should automatically start liking the guy? Fuck no it doesn't. Do I think our top 250 riders would of spanked him here at Unadilla.....yes , yes I do.

There isn't any BB4 ,JM19 , CW37 , CP377 , DW15 and so forth over there that he has to contend with. Why do you think guys like Musquin and Roczen struggled over here and they were past world champions? Because the friggin' pace is faster. THEY WILL even tell you that. I'm sorry but I think he would of placed around top 3 - 5th with good starts here.
if you think herlings would only be a 3rd-5th place guy in america, where do you think tonus will be finishing next year?

Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
8/25/2014 6:11am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice...
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice and easy to talk with. Stefan is still cocky but a lot less than before off course. Even his wife Kelly pointed that out to him when they where just dating back in the early days of there relation.

Remember that Everts made a SONG called (I'm the best try too beat me) and got his ass whooped that very same year!!

After the final race off that season he locked himself up in his rv and sat down in his shower for hours and cried like a baby.

It's sinds then he got better with his fans.

I got lucky and talked to Jeffrey and he's not cocky at all he just does not like it when people r all over his ass with the god damn same reason, they wanne be his friend and get stuff for free and feel important and all the shit that comes with it.

Jeffrey is down to earth and keeps his friends close that where with him even before he won Championships.
And he's very nice to his fans and always make's time for pictures or an autograph.
Oh man, that shit was horrible! Imagine someone doing that now?!

Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a fuck like some other riders. Like that time 6 weeks ago I interviewed him in front of a real Amsterdam Coffeeshop (Yeah that kind of coffeeshop). Don't think many other champs would do that!

Flip109
8/25/2014 6:28am
if you think herlings would only be a 3rd-5th place guy in america, where do you think tonus will be finishing next year?

I think JH would be more of a 1st-3rd place guy here in the 250's
stewie94
8/25/2014 6:36am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 6:37am
jeffro503 wrote:
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what...
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what I said......I already said I was bummed he got hurt. I don't want to see any of these guys get hurt.

Does that mean I should automatically start liking the guy? Fuck no it doesn't. Do I think our top 250 riders would of spanked him here at Unadilla.....yes , yes I do.

There isn't any BB4 ,JM19 , CW37 , CP377 , DW15 and so forth over there that he has to contend with. Why do you think guys like Musquin and Roczen struggled over here and they were past world champions? Because the friggin' pace is faster. THEY WILL even tell you that. I'm sorry but I think he would of placed around top 3 - 5th with good starts here.
i know this post is old but your really underestimating herlings here

The Shop

lecoen
8/25/2014 7:11am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice...
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice and easy to talk with. Stefan is still cocky but a lot less than before off course. Even his wife Kelly pointed that out to him when they where just dating back in the early days of there relation.

Remember that Everts made a SONG called (I'm the best try too beat me) and got his ass whooped that very same year!!

After the final race off that season he locked himself up in his rv and sat down in his shower for hours and cried like a baby.

It's sinds then he got better with his fans.

I got lucky and talked to Jeffrey and he's not cocky at all he just does not like it when people r all over his ass with the god damn same reason, they wanne be his friend and get stuff for free and feel important and all the shit that comes with it.

Jeffrey is down to earth and keeps his friends close that where with him even before he won Championships.
And he's very nice to his fans and always make's time for pictures or an autograph.
Oh man, that shit was horrible! Imagine someone doing that now?! [embed] https://youtu.be/-l5li603cwI [/embed] Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a...

Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a fuck like some other riders. Like that time 6 weeks ago I interviewed him in front of a real Amsterdam Coffeeshop (Yeah that kind of coffeeshop). Don't think many other champs would do that!

Wow that shit is very bad.

I can see JS7 making some rap song about dirtbikes and living like a boss.
steed 2.0
8/25/2014 7:55am
Great movie about the mindset of an ocasional champion vs multiple champion

Sully22
9/4/2014 7:55am
has there been an update on his recovery? if he's riding mexico?
I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked fairly close for a two race cushion the last time I checked
9/4/2014 7:59am
Sully22 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked fairly close...
I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked fairly close for a two race cushion the last time I checked
latest reports are that he will NOT be racing in either brazil or mexico...

he is on the entry list but i think he has been advised against it by the doctors
Aryen
9/4/2014 8:03am
Sully22 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing....will he have to ride at all during the final 2 round to get some points? The points looked fairly close...
latest reports are that he will NOT be racing in either brazil or mexico... he is on the entry list but i think he has been...
latest reports are that he will NOT be racing in either brazil or mexico...

he is on the entry list but i think he has been advised against it by the doctors
They wanted to make a decision this week wether to ride or not in Mexico but they postponed it. No news as yet.
Dx3moto
9/4/2014 8:17am
He probably shouldn't, a world title is definitely worth the risk but he's definitely good enough to win many, many more in his career. If he doesn't win this one, I'm sure looking back on his career he would regret the injury but know deep down that nobody could deny his dominance this season. He doesn't need to risk his future for this title, and not just think about the number of world titles he will get and think about his health as priority number uno.
9/4/2014 8:23am
If Jordi can keep the pressure on then things are going to be pretty spectacular come Mexico. The guy has kept it together so far.
robkinuk
9/4/2014 8:26am
Guess he might be waiting to see how Tixier does in Brazil? No point in defending a championship lead until you have to!
If it's getting too close, Mexico may be on the cards!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/4/2014 9:04am
robkinuk wrote:
Guess he might be waiting to see how Tixier does in Brazil? No point in defending a championship lead until you have to! If it's getting...
Guess he might be waiting to see how Tixier does in Brazil? No point in defending a championship lead until you have to!
If it's getting too close, Mexico may be on the cards!
but if he races both races he can get like 10th or something each moto which wouldnt be that hard considering the field is much weaker than in the europe GPs.
If Tixier has 2 good motos in Brazil, Herlings would need something like 2 podium motos in mexico which imo is pretty much impossibly with an injury like that - its not like the rest are amateurs
So in my opinion if he's gonna defend his title he has to race both (ofc it can be disasterous for his leg)
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/4/2014 10:25am
From KTM...

Regrettably, his MX2 counterpart Jeffrey Herlings has had to take doctor’s advice and continue to heal his fractured femur, at least for the penultimate round in Brazil, as Pit Beirer, KTM’s Head of Motorsports has announced.

“We’re very sorry that Jeffrey will not be able to race in Brazil this weekend, because he has rewarded us this year with a lot of exceptionally thrilling riding before his accident. But Jeffrey understands that as a professional rider he needs to listen to expert medical advice. While it is certainly disappointing for both him and the Brazilian fans, it is very important that his leg heals properly,” Beirer said.

Herlings won 12 of the first 13 MX2 GPs this season, and still has a 57-point lead in the points. His nearest rival is his own factory teammate, the talented French rider, Jordi Tixier, who has confidently stepped up with some strong results in Jeffrey’s absence and has now become the other title contender. Both Tixier and Herlings ride the KTM 250 SX-F.
Brent
9/4/2014 10:42am
GuyB wrote:
From KTM... Regrettably, his MX2 counterpart Jeffrey Herlings has had to take doctor’s advice and continue to heal his fractured femur, at least for the penultimate...
From KTM...

Regrettably, his MX2 counterpart Jeffrey Herlings has had to take doctor’s advice and continue to heal his fractured femur, at least for the penultimate round in Brazil, as Pit Beirer, KTM’s Head of Motorsports has announced.

“We’re very sorry that Jeffrey will not be able to race in Brazil this weekend, because he has rewarded us this year with a lot of exceptionally thrilling riding before his accident. But Jeffrey understands that as a professional rider he needs to listen to expert medical advice. While it is certainly disappointing for both him and the Brazilian fans, it is very important that his leg heals properly,” Beirer said.

Herlings won 12 of the first 13 MX2 GPs this season, and still has a 57-point lead in the points. His nearest rival is his own factory teammate, the talented French rider, Jordi Tixier, who has confidently stepped up with some strong results in Jeffrey’s absence and has now become the other title contender. Both Tixier and Herlings ride the KTM 250 SX-F.
.....aaaand reality sets in.

I think everyone that has broken their leg before knew Jeffery was done for this year, JH was in a little bit of denial for awhile, saying he could race the last round.

Feel bad for the kid, he just found out he is mortal after all.
9/4/2014 10:45am
$1M Championship bonus, handed to Tixier, who is being dropped by KTM after Mexico.

I bet that guy cannot stop laughing.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/4/2014 10:47am
Brent wrote:
.....aaaand reality sets in. I think everyone that has broken their leg before knew Jeffery was done for this year, JH was in a little bit...
.....aaaand reality sets in.

I think everyone that has broken their leg before knew Jeffery was done for this year, JH was in a little bit of denial for awhile, saying he could race the last round.

Feel bad for the kid, he just found out he is mortal after all.
I didn't see anything in there that said he wouldn't (or couldn't) be in for Mexico.
9/4/2014 10:49am
He'd have to get about 4th in Mexico with a rod in his leg.

In an infinite universe, all things are possible, I suppose.
Brent
9/4/2014 10:55am
$1M Championship bonus, handed to Tixier, who is being dropped by KTM after Mexico.

I bet that guy cannot stop laughing.
Tixier must feel a little like Bogle this year winning the SX title, he's in the right place when the others fall...

I don't know if JH will race the last round, I did jump to conclusions - but will a week make a difference? I'd hate to see the poor guy get re-injured in Mexico, of all places...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/4/2014 10:58am
Brent wrote:
Tixier must feel a little like Bogle this year winning the SX title, he's in the right place when the others fall... I don't know if...
Tixier must feel a little like Bogle this year winning the SX title, he's in the right place when the others fall...

I don't know if JH will race the last round, I did jump to conclusions - but will a week make a difference? I'd hate to see the poor guy get re-injured in Mexico, of all places...
I'd guess it partly depends on what kind of results Tixier turns in this weekend.
9/4/2014 10:59am
I doubt he will race it.

But I would like to think that KTM will somehow compensate him for the championship bonus that was clearly his until he broke his leg at a KTM/Everts event, to which I bet his attendance was mandatory. They don't HAVE to, but it would be a nice gesture.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/4/2014 11:04am
I doubt he will race it. But I would like to think that KTM will somehow compensate him for the championship bonus that was clearly his...
I doubt he will race it.

But I would like to think that KTM will somehow compensate him for the championship bonus that was clearly his until he broke his leg at a KTM/Everts event, to which I bet his attendance was mandatory. They don't HAVE to, but it would be a nice gesture.
No one pays bonuses for "could have would have" championships.
Aryen
9/4/2014 11:09am
If he needs to race Mexico, he probably will. Remember Lierop last year? Against the advice of Everts he went out. Champion already. What do people say here on vital again? Stamp it.
Robgvx
9/4/2014 11:35am
GuyB wrote:
I'd guess it partly depends on what kind of results Tixier turns in this weekend.
Posted this a few days ago. Have amended it to reflect the fact that JH is out of Brazil.

Herlings is 57 points ahead of Tixier.

If Tixier goes 1-1 this weekend in Brazil (50 points) then he will be 7 points behind Herlings going into the last GP in Mexico

If Tixier also goes 1-1 at the last GP in Mexico that would put him 43 points clear of Herlings if Herlings doesn't race either of the last two GPs.

So, to guarantee a world championship Herlings needs to earn 43 more points (if Tixier cleans up over the last four races). It's not 44 because if they tied then JH would win through more moto wins. So that's 22 points (2nd place) per moto in Mexico.

However Tixier winning out is a tall order because of the tightness of the competition behind Herlings. So, if Tixier only goes, say, 2-3 in the last two GPs (84 points) then Herlings only needs 27 more points to retain the title. That equates to two 7ths at the final GP in Mexico.

Two 7ths is really quite a mountain to climb for JH, but made slightly easier by the fact that there aren't many good riders entered. There might conceivably be less than 15 finishers in those last two GPs.

It's all in the hands of Tixier. If he finishes strong then it's too much of a handicap for Herlings, in my opinion.

If Tixier chokes, then Herlings' title is stil within reach.

9/4/2014 1:20pm
Aryen wrote:
If he needs to race Mexico, he probably will. Remember Lierop last year? Against the advice of Everts he went out. Champion already. What do people...
If he needs to race Mexico, he probably will. Remember Lierop last year? Against the advice of Everts he went out. Champion already. What do people say here on vital again? Stamp it.
He was racing against the advice of his team.His injury was worse after that race.Perhaps he will listen this year what the doctor/ his team have decided and he will be ready 100% for next season.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/4/2014 1:32pm
He was racing against the advice of his team.His injury was worse after that race.Perhaps he will listen this year what the doctor/ his team have...
He was racing against the advice of his team.His injury was worse after that race.Perhaps he will listen this year what the doctor/ his team have decided and he will be ready 100% for next season.
ehh, he has plenty of time to recover. He can miss the first couple of GP's next year and still win the championship (as shown this year) unless he's going to move up which isn't going to happen
HenryA
9/4/2014 1:53pm
Oh man, that shit was horrible! Imagine someone doing that now?! [embed] https://youtu.be/-l5li603cwI [/embed] Herlings is a good kid, just doesn't give as much as a...

Not many, but some of them will do it. Cool
TDeath21
9/4/2014 4:10pm
I don't see how he can possibly ride until next season. He BROKE his FEMUR. He's got way too bright of a future to risk it for a championship he's already won two times.
RandyS
9/4/2014 4:51pm
I don't like Herlings, like Tixier and this is a hypothetical never gonna happen scenario. I can't think of another major title that was so clearly handed the next rider in line(Tixier has done what he needed to do to be that guy). Suppose Tixier tells KTM, you pay me the bonus, I'll let Herlings win the title ie: start and park in Mexico. Announce that he doesn't want to win that way and plans of beating Herlings for it next year. Stupid or very cool, I think it would be a badass move for gaining fans. Of course it's also a little stupid but people are gonna talk shit either way.

Post a reply to: Herlings Injured

The Latest