Herlings Injured

jamma10
7/23/2014 8:46am
Lol touched a nerve there.. herlings was 16 then.. 16 years old haha
Crush wrote:
Pretty sure RV was 17 when he put the entire world to the grindstone in both motos in 07.
langhammx wrote:
Was that the year he waxed everyone on a 250f, including RC ?
RV was 19 in 2007.
jeffro503
7/23/2014 9:02am
ayearinmx wrote:
he did pass him..... then Herlings passed him right back this happened on the last lap when RV catches Herlings after a bad start, RV is...
he did pass him..... then Herlings passed him right back

this happened on the last lap

when RV catches Herlings after a bad start, RV is faster, but when Herlings does it to Cairoli........ totally different according to Jeffro haha
For real. Jeffro and his anti Herlings agenda is getting old. We get it, you don't like him. Nevermind the stupid GP vs Nationals shit, you...
For real. Jeffro and his anti Herlings agenda is getting old. We get it, you don't like him. Nevermind the stupid GP vs Nationals shit, you even argue that AC is a better sand rider. Just like us in the US watching every lap of every National, these guys watch every lap
of every GP. They all say it, it's not even close. Herlings would own AC straight up on a sand track, he's just that good. Just be happy RV didn't go to Lommel or he would have got waxed too. Get well soon Jeffrey, so gutted I won't see you in person at Unadilla
GFY douche' bag!

AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't care for him. He's got great sand skills for sure and possibly the best in the world.....but walk all over AC?.....I think not.

Every time I see AC222 win.....he only goes fast enough to win . And like I said....put Herlings in the big boy MX1 class for a full season and AC222 would make him look stupid.

There are plenty of GP fans that think like I do as well. Including thinking Herlings is a prick! I'm bummed he got hurt.....because I wanted him 100% at the MXoN's......I didn't want any fucking excuses. Well......we obviously have them now.
jamma10
7/23/2014 9:29am
The hate for Herlings is irrational. He's nowhere near as bad as people like to think he is and any stupid stuff he may have said or done in the past was just the act of an immature and cocky teenager.

Hes matured alot since then.
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
7/23/2014 9:55am
jamma10 wrote:
The hate for Herlings is irrational. He's nowhere near as bad as people like to think he is and any stupid stuff he may have said...
The hate for Herlings is irrational. He's nowhere near as bad as people like to think he is and any stupid stuff he may have said or done in the past was just the act of an immature and cocky teenager.

Who gives a shit. He is one of the fastest guys in the world on a MX bike. I like his cocky attitude. As stated before, he reminds me of The Beast From The East, in his early days.

The Shop

jeffro503
7/23/2014 10:06am
jamma10 wrote:
The hate for Herlings is irrational. He's nowhere near as bad as people like to think he is and any stupid stuff he may have said...

Well Jamma......you know I've always respected your views. And I'm only judging by what I've read about him and see in interviews and races. Guys like AC222 and SE always came across as humble and respected their competition. I don't see much of those two things in Herlings. That's why I think guys like Antonio and Stefan will always be two of my all time favorite riders.......it's not just what they did on the track , but off it.

And again......I'm not going to put Herlings up in the ranks of those two guys until I see him put in a couple full seasons on the big bike and proves me wrong.
7/23/2014 10:44am
All those guys are cocky, Dungey included. Some are better at hiding it than others, but otherwise you can't make it to that level without a healthy dose of arrogance.
pilotdude
7/23/2014 10:49am
All those guys are cocky, Dungey included. Some are better at hiding it than others, but otherwise you can't make it to that level without a...
All those guys are cocky, Dungey included. Some are better at hiding it than others, but otherwise you can't make it to that level without a healthy dose of arrogance.
Same mentality as fighter pilots. They HAVE to have it or there is absolutely no way they could do the things they do out there.
St Ann More
7/23/2014 11:03am
Classic indeed. The man in on the pegs more than any. Seeing those 3 together gave me goose bumps... 22 got those starts dialed. Is that...
Classic indeed. The man in on the pegs more than any.

Seeing those 3 together gave me goose bumps...

22 got those starts dialed. Is that Strijbos?
Jefro98 wrote:
Did anybody say Everts on the pegs all the time? Same corner as 1:12 in the vid. Watching that guy ride again was amazing. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/photos/76912/s780_IMG_4902.jpg?1406044042[/img]
Did anybody say Everts on the pegs all the time?
Same corner as 1:12 in the vid.

Watching that guy ride again was amazing.

Nobody in the sports history was as fluid on a dirt bike as Mr Everts. Not JMB, not Bubba, not Ron Lechien, nobody. I still rewatch...
Nobody in the sports history was as fluid on a dirt bike as Mr Everts. Not JMB, not Bubba, not Ron Lechien, nobody. I still rewatch the 2008 MXoN at least 6 times a year just to imagine what James Stewart (who was undefeated at home) was thinking when this lanky Euro dude went by him around the outside while standing on the pegs. I would give anything to be inside James' head at that moment.
You watch it six times a year? Yet, get the year wrong? Whistling
MotoMalyDad
7/23/2014 11:27am
Hey, I hate to change the subject , but with a clean break of the Femur , anyone have a best guestimate of when you can ride again ?
kev472
7/23/2014 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 12:05pm
All those guys are cocky, Dungey included. Some are better at hiding it than others, but otherwise you can't make it to that level without a...
pilotdude wrote:
Same mentality as fighter pilots. They HAVE to have it or there is absolutely no way they could do the things they do out there.
i've met him a couple of times, first time was 09 when he was riding the emx 250 series, very nice kid,but also very confident in his abilities on a motorcycle, if you don't believe in yourself you might as well go home

All of those guys think they are the best, some might not be as vocal about it,Jeffrey is pretty straight forward about it,doesn't sugarcoat it
Some people like that,others hate it

Some people talk shit about the mx1 guys will make him look stupid, i've seen him race the mx1 guys at the belgian and dutch nationals with the likes of Desalle,strijbos, bobbry, simpson, de dijcker etc
I can tell you this much he didn't look stupid at all
chrisbuehler
7/23/2014 12:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag! AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't...
GFY douche' bag!

AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't care for him. He's got great sand skills for sure and possibly the best in the world.....but walk all over AC?.....I think not.

Every time I see AC222 win.....he only goes fast enough to win . And like I said....put Herlings in the big boy MX1 class for a full season and AC222 would make him look stupid.

There are plenty of GP fans that think like I do as well. Including thinking Herlings is a prick! I'm bummed he got hurt.....because I wanted him 100% at the MXoN's......I didn't want any fucking excuses. Well......we obviously have them now.
"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could make it over to get spanked.
7/23/2014 1:15pm
It wasn't as clean as they first said it was:

GarySemics
7/23/2014 1:32pm
I have seen that Herlings and some of the other pro riders race those 85s. I thought they did it for a form of practice and to have some fun. That's really nothing new as we did it back in the early 70s big time. After several team riders were injured the team managers put a stop to it. If you were injured on a mini bike (the hot mini back them was the XR 75s) you were fired. That's what happened to Bill Grossi and I during the 1974 Trans Am.

jeffro503
7/23/2014 1:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag! AC22 is a true champion , much like the way SE72 was. Herlings comes across as a little prick.....and that's why I don't...
GFY douche' bag!

"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could...
"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could make it over to get spanked.
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what I said......I already said I was bummed he got hurt. I don't want to see any of these guys get hurt.

Does that mean I should automatically start liking the guy? Fuck no it doesn't. Do I think our top 250 riders would of spanked him here at Unadilla.....yes , yes I do.

There isn't any BB4 ,JM19 , CW37 , CP377 , DW15 and so forth over there that he has to contend with. Why do you think guys like Musquin and Roczen struggled over here and they were past world champions? Because the friggin' pace is faster. THEY WILL even tell you that. I'm sorry but I think he would of placed around top 3 - 5th with good starts here.
JonnyDH84
7/23/2014 4:55pm
apparently he walked out of hospital today what's the deal i thought you was screwed if you broke your femur but it seems there saying 50 days recovery time?
tombugg
7/23/2014 8:51pm
They had my son walking the next day after he broke his femur (He was 5) After surgery they actually want them walking right away. Riding is a whole other story. I would assume at least 6 months. My son was riding in 4..
robkinuk
7/25/2014 2:08am
Any reason why he isn't in a pot ??[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/23/60719/s1200_Screenshot_2014_07_23_21_18_09.jpg[/img]
Any reason why he isn't in a pot ??

Must have been pinned with a titanium rod, otherwise he would be in traction. From that x-ray his leg would be significantly shorty until it was reset.
kongols
8/25/2014 12:34am
Herlings is getting ready for Mexico GP. Also his mechs are looking for a place to stay here in Latvia during MXDN. Not sure if he'll ride or not.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/25/2014 12:52am
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag!

Ahem, Jeffro, let's reel it back in a bit, okay? I don't like playing kindergarten cop, but I also don't like breaking up fights in here.
jeffro503
8/25/2014 1:59am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 1:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag!

GuyB wrote:
Ahem, Jeffro, let's reel it back in a bit, okay? I don't like playing kindergarten cop, but I also don't like breaking up fights in here.
Steve....that was a month ago. Blink But I get your point and it's understood.

What the heck am I doing up this late?
Jefro98
8/25/2014 2:18am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 2:29am
jamma10 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Well Jamma......you know I've always respected your views. And I'm only judging by what I've read about him and see in interviews and races. Guys like...
Well Jamma......you know I've always respected your views. And I'm only judging by what I've read about him and see in interviews and races. Guys like AC222 and SE always came across as humble and respected their competition. I don't see much of those two things in Herlings. That's why I think guys like Antonio and Stefan will always be two of my all time favorite riders.......it's not just what they did on the track , but off it.

And again......I'm not going to put Herlings up in the ranks of those two guys until I see him put in a couple full seasons on the big bike and proves me wrong.
Since we're started talking about stuff a month old again;

You seem to forget what kind of douches SE and Cairoli were when they were young.
Remember Stefan Everts in his Honda days? Humble?Hahaha. I was not exactly an Everts fan back then, and there where a lot like me. When he chocked and crashed in Greece and lost the championship to Tortelli on the last race it made my day. Not only mine. He admitted himself in his biografie what a dick he was then...
Remember Cairoli kicking Guarneri in the back when they both crashed or how he would have the nasty habbit to pull over on guys right off the gate? He got burned for that on the boards.
Not much respect there. Go ask Greg Albertijn how much respect he got from SE72. Wink
When these cocky riders get older they calm down eventually.
8/25/2014 2:33am
Jefro98 wrote:
Since we're started talking about stuff a month old again; You seem to forget what kind of douches SE and Cairoli were when they were young...

You seem to forget what kind of douches SE and Cairoli were when they were young.
Remember Stefan Everts in his Honda days? Humble?Hahaha. I was not exactly an Everts fan back then, and there where a lot like me. When he chocked and crashed in Greece and lost the championship to Tortelli on the last race it made my day. Not only mine. He admitted himself in his biografie what a dick he was then...
Remember Cairoli kicking Guarneri in the back when they both crashed or how he would have the nasty habbit to pull over on guys right off the gate? He got burned for that on the boards.
Not much respect there. Go ask Greg Albertijn how much respect he got from SE72. Wink
I agree with you.Everts was a sore loser.I remember missing him the podium when Bervoets beat him at a belgium race.I was never a fan of him.Sad
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
8/25/2014 2:52am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 3:06am
jamma10 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Well Jamma......you know I've always respected your views. And I'm only judging by what I've read about him and see in interviews and races. Guys like...

Jefro98 wrote:
Since we're started talking about stuff a month old again; You seem to forget what kind of douches SE and Cairoli were when they were young...

Now that was a championship race! Just imagine if Dungey made a pass on Roczen like Tortelli did on Everts back then! Tortelli straight up deserved that championship and that's why Everts was pissed off, he wasn't used to it at the time.

I don't think most riders are more cocky when they're young, I think most people are, add winning a lot of races and shit might go to your head a bit. Herlings has matured massively over the years, he just isn't a robot and still says what he thinks. Now that's something Everts and Cairoli NEVER did!
Barrett57
8/25/2014 3:24am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 3:27am
He peaked at being a cock when he was going for the title with Searle in 2011.

After that year he matured to where he is now. I think the biggest disappointment for me this year in MX was him not racing Unadilla, would have been so cool to see.
8/25/2014 3:37am
Barrett57 wrote:
He peaked at being a cock when he was going for the title with Searle in 2011. After that year he matured to where he is...
He peaked at being a cock when he was going for the title with Searle in 2011.

After that year he matured to where he is now. I think the biggest disappointment for me this year in MX was him not racing Unadilla, would have been so cool to see.
We have to wait until he gets real competition.I think,in the heat of competition he will show as his real face.
wow123
8/25/2014 4:05am
Jefro98 wrote:

Yep just about every young champion in any sport has an over inflated ego, you need to be to be that good.

The media coverage is much more comprehensive now and so any little blot gets air time

Guys that don't get that were never any good at sports when they were young
8/25/2014 4:43am
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice and easy to talk with. Stefan is still cocky but a lot less than before off course. Even his wife Kelly pointed that out to him when they where just dating back in the early days of there relation.

Remember that Everts made a SONG called (I'm the best try too beat me) and got his ass whooped that very same year!!

After the final race off that season he locked himself up in his rv and sat down in his shower for hours and cried like a baby.

It's sinds then he got better with his fans.

I got lucky and talked to Jeffrey and he's not cocky at all he just does not like it when people r all over his ass with the god damn same reason, they wanne be his friend and get stuff for free and feel important and all the shit that comes with it.

Jeffrey is down to earth and keeps his friends close that where with him even before he won Championships.
And he's very nice to his fans and always make's time for pictures or an autograph.
ATKpilot99
8/25/2014 5:44am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice...
Everts not Cocky yeah right, He's still an asshole and always will be, His father on the other hand is much more human and is nice and easy to talk with. Stefan is still cocky but a lot less than before off course. Even his wife Kelly pointed that out to him when they where just dating back in the early days of there relation.

Remember that Everts made a SONG called (I'm the best try too beat me) and got his ass whooped that very same year!!

After the final race off that season he locked himself up in his rv and sat down in his shower for hours and cried like a baby.

It's sinds then he got better with his fans.

I got lucky and talked to Jeffrey and he's not cocky at all he just does not like it when people r all over his ass with the god damn same reason, they wanne be his friend and get stuff for free and feel important and all the shit that comes with it.

Jeffrey is down to earth and keeps his friends close that where with him even before he won Championships.
And he's very nice to his fans and always make's time for pictures or an autograph.
Yeah in the most recent interview I saw of him before his injury he seemed like a pretty nice kid.
PressPassP
8/25/2014 5:53am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 5:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
GFY douche' bag!

"GFY douche' bag!" Classy as always. Just like jumping into a thread about an injured rider to put your 2-cents in how you wished he could...
jeffro503 wrote:
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what...
You don't like my response after you try and lecture me? Of course I'm going to call you a Douche'. And since you can't comprehend what I said......I already said I was bummed he got hurt. I don't want to see any of these guys get hurt.

Does that mean I should automatically start liking the guy? Fuck no it doesn't. Do I think our top 250 riders would of spanked him here at Unadilla.....yes , yes I do.

There isn't any BB4 ,JM19 , CW37 , CP377 , DW15 and so forth over there that he has to contend with. Why do you think guys like Musquin and Roczen struggled over here and they were past world champions? Because the friggin' pace is faster. THEY WILL even tell you that. I'm sorry but I think he would of placed around top 3 - 5th with good starts here.
Apples to oranges as per usual, the pace is faster because the tracks are,it's something all the recent Euros have had to adjust to Pourcel went over and kicked ass,Roczen certainly ran upfront too in a particularly tough class at the time,Musquin has never had a decent run,both him and Pourcel are not the riders they were when they left Europe,not bagging on them,I'd say most GP followers would probably agree

Sure there are probably more fast guys upfront over there,but there's no telling how guys like BB4 and DW etc would fare over here,and I'm not talking Lommel etc.

Herlings at 19 years old has levelled his head,he's amazing to watch in real life,the guys he's beating are no slouches though,I still think he'd have done the job at Unadilla too

Post a reply to: Herlings Injured

The Latest