Herlings Injured

7/21/2014 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 7:18pm
KlootZak wrote:
4 GPs left so 200 points to score: Tixier is 145 points down, so he has to average a bit more than 18 points each moto...
4 GPs left so 200 points to score:

Tixier is 145 points down, so he has to average a bit more than 18 points each moto to win (4th place and better)
Febvre is 178 points down so he has to average a bit more than 22 points each moto to win (2nd place and better)
Ferrandis is 191 points down so has to win almost every moto

Realistic speaken only Tixier has still a decent chance. If he podiums 3 of the 4 GPs and get 4th in the other one, then it's bingo.
For the last 9 rounds or 18motos Tixier has averaged 19 points per moto. (with Herlings in the class). I think you may see a new world champion. Unless Herlings can race mexico
wow123
7/21/2014 7:36pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Hope he heals up quickly and completely....and to all the fucktards who have turned this into an AMA vs GP whining and pissing contest STFU...And thats...
Hope he heals up quickly and completely....and to all the fucktards who have turned this into an AMA vs GP whining and pissing contest STFU...And thats to everyone on both sides of the argument.
+1

Heal up JH

{the usual suspects cant even shut their dumbs ass biased mouths for 2 seconds when a guy gets injured, so fooken tiresome and lame,}

Look forward to seeing JH back on the track [/i]
Motoxtombo
7/21/2014 8:05pm
I'm bummed Jeffrey got hurt, I was excited he was coming to Unadilla.
Get well soon Jeffrey
Kawi15
7/21/2014 9:16pm
Its too bad this happened. I was hoping to see the Unadilla battle. I hope he heals up quickly.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/21/2014 11:17pm
Huevos wrote:
It's known that he only needed 5 more points to lock down the championship. Is there any realistic scenario where he still wins it?
Oh it's very possible he wins because the other guys can't amass enough points to catch him.
only tixier has a realistic chance, he has to finish a 4th place average to win the title.
He did that the last 10 motos even with Herlings but we will see, he showed that he does mistakes under pressure before (bad mxon, bad home GPs) plus Coldenhoff and Tonus will be in the mix soon.

I just hope Gajser can have his first GP win this season. Watch out for that guy in the coming 1-2 years!
MBR
7/21/2014 11:29pm
crusty_xx wrote:
only tixier has a realistic chance, he has to finish a 4th place average to win the title. He did that the last 10 motos even...
only tixier has a realistic chance, he has to finish a 4th place average to win the title.
He did that the last 10 motos even with Herlings but we will see, he showed that he does mistakes under pressure before (bad mxon, bad home GPs) plus Coldenhoff and Tonus will be in the mix soon.

I just hope Gajser can have his first GP win this season. Watch out for that guy in the coming 1-2 years!
True. Gajser could be the next big thing in MX2. He seems really nice and his speed is getting better all the time. I'll be rooting for the guy at Loket & Lommel.
chrisbuehler
7/21/2014 11:55pm
ayearinmx wrote:
he did pass him..... then Herlings passed him right back this happened on the last lap when RV catches Herlings after a bad start, RV is...
he did pass him..... then Herlings passed him right back

this happened on the last lap

when RV catches Herlings after a bad start, RV is faster, but when Herlings does it to Cairoli........ totally different according to Jeffro haha
For real. Jeffro and his anti Herlings agenda is getting old. We get it, you don't like him. Nevermind the stupid GP vs Nationals shit, you even argue that AC is a better sand rider. Just like us in the US watching every lap of every National, these guys watch every lap
of every GP. They all say it, it's not even close. Herlings would own AC straight up on a sand track, he's just that good. Just be happy RV didn't go to Lommel or he would have got waxed too. Get well soon Jeffrey, so gutted I won't see you in person at Unadilla
7/22/2014 12:32am
Huevos wrote:
It's known that he only needed 5 more points to lock down the championship. Is there any realistic scenario where he still wins it?
Oh it's very possible he wins because the other guys can't amass enough points to catch him.
crusty_xx wrote:
only tixier has a realistic chance, he has to finish a 4th place average to win the title. He did that the last 10 motos even...

exactly! with tonus and coldenhoff coming back i think tixier will struggle to average 19 points per moto for the rest of the season- the rest of the top 6 guys will all think they can win now aswel, so i think it will give them all a lift mentally. Not the best circumstances for it to happen but the rest of the mx2 season should be interesting

i cant see ktm letting herlings ride again this season even if he wants to- its not worth risking with a femur, its a potentially life threatening injury should he re break it (or career ending)
7/22/2014 2:59am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 3:01am
I'm not sure if Tixier can handle the pressure. At the start of the season he was told to be the nr 2 behind Herlings and KTM expected him to be up front every race, but he failed. In the first 4 gp's he wasn't even on the podium.
It's just from the last few races that he's back on his level (I guess), but now he HAS to be upfront again. With Febvre, Ferrandis, Gajser, Tonus and Coldenhoff in the mix, I'm don't see Tixier becoming worldchampion that easy. He'll must be upfront ervery time, get good starts and can't crash like he did in Finland the last race, and besides that he must pray that he won't get a technical failure in 1 of the 8 races left. Hell of a job.....
Robgvx
7/22/2014 3:07am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 3:09am

27 secs in. Not the crash but you see JH receiving treatment.

And at 1.07, classic Everts. Man, I miss that guy racing.
Olson
7/22/2014 3:37am
Huevos wrote:
I think he needed 5 points over Tixier. Thats not the same thing.
Xavier
7/22/2014 4:01am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 4:02am
I'm not sure if Tixier can handle the pressure. At the start of the season he was told to be the nr 2 behind Herlings and...
I'm not sure if Tixier can handle the pressure. At the start of the season he was told to be the nr 2 behind Herlings and KTM expected him to be up front every race, but he failed. In the first 4 gp's he wasn't even on the podium.
It's just from the last few races that he's back on his level (I guess), but now he HAS to be upfront again. With Febvre, Ferrandis, Gajser, Tonus and Coldenhoff in the mix, I'm don't see Tixier becoming worldchampion that easy. He'll must be upfront ervery time, get good starts and can't crash like he did in Finland the last race, and besides that he must pray that he won't get a technical failure in 1 of the 8 races left. Hell of a job.....
He had a broken bone on a hand early in the season.
Since it's gotten better, he started a streak of GP podiums that is still continuing
Tixier is pretty solid and has a realistic shot at the title.
It would be a bummer for Jeffrey but it has happened before that GP titles were won after the points-leader (by a large margin) got injured.
Jobé, Rinaldi, Coppins come to mind...
DonM
7/22/2014 4:19am
JHerlings84: It ain't over untill its over. There is still alot of hope. And alot of motivation. Everything is still possible,and it looks still positive

From his Twitter
7/22/2014 4:28am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 4:29am
Herlings injured, has undergone successful surgery (http://www.jeffreyherlings.eu/)

KTM Racing has confirmed that Red Bull KTM factory rider Jeffrey Herlings has sustained a fractured femur during a crash at the Everts and Friends Charity Race in Genk, Belgium on Monday
machine
7/22/2014 7:00am
Robgvx wrote:
[embed] RICKY CARMICHAEL vs STEFAN EVERTS from ROVERSBERG productions on Vimeo.[/embed] 27 secs in. Not the crash but you see JH receiving treatment. And at...

How did those two do in the race? Or were they just cruising around?
7/22/2014 7:19am
For real. Jeffro and his anti Herlings agenda is getting old. We get it, you don't like him. Nevermind the stupid GP vs Nationals shit, you...
For real. Jeffro and his anti Herlings agenda is getting old. We get it, you don't like him. Nevermind the stupid GP vs Nationals shit, you even argue that AC is a better sand rider. Just like us in the US watching every lap of every National, these guys watch every lap
of every GP. They all say it, it's not even close. Herlings would own AC straight up on a sand track, he's just that good. Just be happy RV didn't go to Lommel or he would have got waxed too. Get well soon Jeffrey, so gutted I won't see you in person at Unadilla
Ya right like you would actually go to Unadilla! hahhahaha That's funny! How many times have you claimed you were going? How many times have you actually gone? I imagine its a perfect record of 14-0. Woohoo
Crossup
7/22/2014 8:03am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 8:03am
smxtracing wrote:
Wish him best in recovery [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/21/60443/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Wish him best in recovery

You guys shouldn't pick on JEFFRO. He is upset with this. Can't you see he picked out his best short-shorts to visit the champ?
7/22/2014 8:10am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 8:23am
Robgvx wrote:
[embed] RICKY CARMICHAEL vs STEFAN EVERTS from ROVERSBERG productions on Vimeo.[/embed] 27 secs in. Not the crash but you see JH receiving treatment. And at...

Classic indeed. The man in on the pegs more than any.

Seeing those 3 together gave me goose bumps...

22 got those starts dialed. Is that Strijbos?
Robgvx
7/22/2014 8:20am
Robgvx wrote:

machine wrote:
It's just a fun, play event. I wouldn't imagine they were going at it.
7/22/2014 8:24am
Robgvx wrote:

machine wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
It's just a fun, play event. I wouldn't imagine they were going at it.
Yea right... A racer is a racer, Fun or no fun, those guys were battling it out...
7/22/2014 10:39am
bet it was cool for RC and stefan to do a fun race together then go for a beer afterwards! RC has been riding at valkenswaard gp track today with some magazine test riders launching the new suzuki range- was at uddevela doing an RCU training day the other day too! Both amazing tracks
ayearinmx
7/22/2014 11:31am
here's some footage of RC, Everts and Stanton battling, from the POV of Romain Febvre

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/22/2014 12:04pm
ayearinmx wrote:
here's some footage of RC, Everts and Stanton battling, from the POV of Romain Febvre

1:32 WATTTTT
ayearinmx
7/22/2014 12:35pm
crusty_xx wrote:
scrubbing past the GOAT...... doesn't get much better than that

which is why I asked for that GoPro footage from Romain!
Jefro98
7/22/2014 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 12:56pm
Classic indeed. The man in on the pegs more than any. Seeing those 3 together gave me goose bumps... 22 got those starts dialed. Is that...

Did anybody say Everts on the pegs all the time?
Same corner as 1:12 in the vid.

Watching that guy ride again was amazing.

PressPassP
7/22/2014 1:11pm
ayearinmx wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
Heel-clicker at 6.02 Smile

Great footage,he came from way back in that 1st race,thanks for the vid
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
7/22/2014 5:11pm
ayearinmx wrote:

Good stuff, wheelies, scrubs, heel clickers and a little 'rubbin is racin'.
DanDunes818
7/22/2014 5:27pm
Classic indeed. The man in on the pegs more than any. Seeing those 3 together gave me goose bumps... 22 got those starts dialed. Is that...

Jefro98 wrote:
Did anybody say Everts on the pegs all the time? Same corner as 1:12 in the vid. Watching that guy ride again was amazing. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/448/photos/76912/s780_IMG_4902.jpg?1406044042[/img]
Did anybody say Everts on the pegs all the time?
Same corner as 1:12 in the vid.

Watching that guy ride again was amazing.

Nobody in the sports history was as fluid on a dirt bike as Mr Everts. Not JMB, not Bubba, not Ron Lechien, nobody. I still rewatch the 2008 MXoN at least 6 times a year just to imagine what James Stewart (who was undefeated at home) was thinking when this lanky Euro dude went by him around the outside while standing on the pegs. I would give anything to be inside James' head at that moment.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
7/22/2014 5:28pm
DonM wrote:
JHerlings84: It ain't over untill its over. There is still alot of hope. And alot of motivation. Everything is still possible,and it looks still positive From...
JHerlings84: It ain't over untill its over. There is still alot of hope. And alot of motivation. Everything is still possible,and it looks still positive

From his Twitter
A lot of hope, and motivation, and probably morphine at this point, too.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/23/2014 8:28am
So no hip injury for Herlings. Whew, good news. Not the best but at least he will return.

Post a reply to: Herlings Injured

The Latest