Herlings: "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment."

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
6/5/2018 5:22pm
Fucking dude is so cocky, i cant wait for tomac to humiliate his lame ass and i will be there to watch it live.
jeffro503
6/5/2018 7:24pm
You have to give Jeffrey his due on this. He might not be considered the Goat , but he damn sure could break a lot of records in the future. He's riding at an extremely high level right now....and weather you dig him or not....the dude is one fast , smooth , relentless animal out there right now. He'll be king of the GP's for quite a while I think.
Lucifa.
6/5/2018 8:02pm
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Fucking dude is so cocky, i cant wait for tomac to humiliate his lame ass and i will be there to watch it live.
Tomac can only just beat a broken man(roczen). no way in hell he is going to "humiliate" the best in the world right now dude.

The Shop

6/5/2018 8:14pm
philG wrote:
Lets hope so, else RC doesnt have many.
Don't need to count titles to know he's the best ever. Dominated everyone, even on their own turf.
6/5/2018 11:26pm
Jrewing wrote:
Once a sandbagger always a sandbagger
The way it looks now we can soon start calling him the sandbagger of MXGP. At least when Cairoli is done seems like he's head and shoulders above the others.
kongols
6/6/2018 12:11am
Jrewing wrote:
Not his fault some fast guys hiding in their National championships.
Robgvx
6/6/2018 1:23am
Jrewing wrote:
74 wrote:
The way it looks now we can soon start calling him the sandbagger of MXGP. At least when Cairoli is done seems like he's head and...
The way it looks now we can soon start calling him the sandbagger of MXGP. At least when Cairoli is done seems like he's head and shoulders above the others.
Looks to me like the unbeaten Tomac is the sandbagger right now.
Ray_MXS
6/6/2018 2:54am
Markee wrote:
Line up to SX big boy. Wooden shoe ass beating up on a 32 year old 9 time champ. Obviously you got no respect.
SX is a sponsor oriented, heavily marketed indoor playground race . Kinda like wrestling or monster trucks. It's easy to watch, you don't get wet and there's hot dogs served in the stands. It's just a ploy series so the sponsors can get exposure and the riders get a nice paycheck.

Don't confuse or even try to mix it with the proper way to ride motocross bikes; outdoors on natural terrain on rough, gnarly tracks.
fanger
6/6/2018 3:09am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 3:10am
Markee wrote:
Line up to SX big boy. Wooden shoe ass beating up on a 32 year old 9 time champ. Obviously you got no respect.
Ray_MXS wrote:
SX is a sponsor oriented, heavily marketed indoor playground race . Kinda like wrestling or monster trucks. It's easy to watch, you don't get wet and...
SX is a sponsor oriented, heavily marketed indoor playground race . Kinda like wrestling or monster trucks. It's easy to watch, you don't get wet and there's hot dogs served in the stands. It's just a ploy series so the sponsors can get exposure and the riders get a nice paycheck.

Don't confuse or even try to mix it with the proper way to ride motocross bikes; outdoors on natural terrain on rough, gnarly tracks.
Yet herlings would get eaten alive on a sx track lol. Would he even make the main?

Sx is that gnarly herlings is too scared to even try it hahaha.
Ray_MXS
6/6/2018 3:12am
Markee wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
SX is a sponsor oriented, heavily marketed indoor playground race . Kinda like wrestling or monster trucks. It's easy to watch, you don't get wet and...

fanger wrote:
Yet herlings would get eaten alive on a sx track lol. Would he even make the main? Sx is that gnarly herlings is too scared to...
Yet herlings would get eaten alive on a sx track lol. Would he even make the main?

Sx is that gnarly herlings is too scared to even try it hahaha.
Herlings probably isn't desperate enough for money to even consider that indoor kindergarten series
r18b
6/6/2018 3:14am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
Tomac can only just beat a broken man(roczen). no way in hell he is going to "humiliate" the best in the world right now dude.
hahaha was thinking that.. If roczen kan ride in front that says enuff about the field he is riding in.. Tomac should be 30sec ahead of roczen not chasing him.

PressPassP
6/6/2018 3:32am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 3:35am
Personally I'd have to give it to Herlings right now,Tomac wouldn't go to Europe too face him and I doubt would get too near him in Europe but JH did have the stones to travel to the US between GPs and take in a National,he'd be closer in the US though,he's looked incredible at times
Can't wait for the MXdN,I doubt Tomac's schedule will be too tough to fit it in this year or whatever with it being in front of his home fans
6/6/2018 3:43am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 3:43am
That's roughly the way I see it. I think on the GP circuit you'd have to give it to Herlings almost every time (the odds) but on the AMA tracks it's a lot less certain - Tomac is frighteningly quick these days...

One more point; I wonder if Jeffrey meant in terms of the 'World Championship', rather than the actual world.
zehn
6/6/2018 3:47am
Ray_MXS wrote:

Dumbest shit I’ve read today
kkawboy14
6/6/2018 4:20am
Tomac and Herlings should quit sandbagging and move up to the mans class now!
Ray_MXS
6/6/2018 4:39am
Ray_MXS wrote:

zehn wrote:
Dumbest shit I’ve read today
Dumb statement entitles a dumb response.

There is some truth in it though
ruy
6/6/2018 5:03am

6/6/2018 5:11am
Comparing Herlings to RC and he doesn’t even have a big class title yet Laughing you guys are a joke.

We will see if he can close it out this year, he would then need about 5 more titles to even be considered in the conversation.
6/6/2018 5:13am
Jrewing wrote:
74 wrote:
The way it looks now we can soon start calling him the sandbagger of MXGP. At least when Cairoli is done seems like he's head and...
"The talent level is at an all time low. Febvre and gaiser should be beating him by atleast 30 seconds right now"
Dcope17
6/6/2018 7:39am
BR8ES wrote:
He did come to the US last year and we all know how that went.
We sure do, we have ET3 winning motos while on cruise control and MM25 second in points behind him.
KTM brings over one of their own and throws him in the race.

Herlings with 0 points has nothing to lose, ET3 who all but has the championship wrapped up has nothing to gain by beating Hearlings just rides on cruise yet another moto and gets second to Heings.

I would have thought Hearlings would have done the same to Tomac as Tomac did to Dungy in the 2017 Supercross finals but Tomac was more than 8 points ahead of Marvin so bunching up the field wouldn't have worked... they needed Tomac to crash out and not finish the season.

I think Herlings should have stay juat a second or two in front of Tomac the entire race... but that would have been my strategy, obvoiusly not KTMs'.
MR. X
6/6/2018 7:48am
I love this time of year ,always the same arguments ,just swap a couple names around.
6/6/2018 8:05am
Being at the basin this weekend was VERY different to watching it back on TV after the weekend, for a start i could get out of the damn blistering heat when i was back at home Sick , the sheer madness of that track simply does not carry onto TV, some big pro tracks do but that one doesn't, not even close.

JH has said something there that many riders and fans will dislike but i honestly think he is right, he isn't saying it to be a dick or wind people up and so far as he is concerned it's a statement of fact coming straight from his heart.

JH went to the states and won and he was nowhere compared to where he is now, does that mean anything? I don't know and neither does anybody else, but i do know it is staggering what is happening in the GP's right now.

MXDN may or may not be a ground to prove this statement and we all know it so why argue this early, the gate drops in 4 months anyway.

DP#201
6/6/2018 8:17am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 8:18am
Comparing Herlings to RC and he doesn’t even have a big class title yet :laugh: you guys are a joke. We will see if he can...
Comparing Herlings to RC and he doesn’t even have a big class title yet Laughing you guys are a joke.

We will see if he can close it out this year, he would then need about 5 more titles to even be considered in the conversation.
RC does not have any Real titels eather, only national titels! JH have alot of those aswell, AND he has ben World champion 3 times... actualy what is more likely if they went, for a guy like tomac to win the Dutch Championship or for Herlings to win the American Championship?
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/6/2018 9:20am
DP#201 wrote:
RC does not have any Real titels eather, only national titels! JH have alot of those aswell, AND he has ben World champion 3 times... actualy...
RC does not have any Real titels eather, only national titels! JH have alot of those aswell, AND he has ben World champion 3 times... actualy what is more likely if they went, for a guy like tomac to win the Dutch Championship or for Herlings to win the American Championship?
Technically does Herlings have any non restricted world titles? I'll match your dumb logic with my own all in good fun of course. When Herlings won his second title I believe there was a rule that after two you had to move up, Herlings threatened to go to the states and they changed it but in 2016 that title was an age restricted championship as you had to be under 23.
TXDirt
6/6/2018 9:27am
JH is clearly the FMOTP right now. Tomac is closer to AC then he is to JH. That's for certain. Tomac would likely struggle on GP style tracks. No different then when RV did as well.

Put another way, JH would be a lot closer to Tomac on US tracks then Tomac would be to JH on GP tracks.
kkawboy14
6/6/2018 9:32am
TXDirt wrote:
JH is clearly the FMOTP right now. Tomac is closer to AC then he is to JH. That's for certain. Tomac would likely struggle on GP...
JH is clearly the FMOTP right now. Tomac is closer to AC then he is to JH. That's for certain. Tomac would likely struggle on GP style tracks. No different then when RV did as well.

Put another way, JH would be a lot closer to Tomac on US tracks then Tomac would be to JH on GP tracks.
Agreed!
Motohead279
6/6/2018 9:37am
gnarwhip wrote:
Then why doesn't he come race the big boys in America?
KennyT wrote:
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title? We need Eli to step up and head...
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title?

We need Eli to step up and head over there
Just because it’s labelled the “World Motocross Championship “ does’t meannits more prestigious than the AMA series. The SX series is the top dirt bike filter in the world, and I would say second in to MotoGP in all of motorcycle titles.

And I think the history of top GP riders, and champions coming over to compete in the US proves that. Bayle, Albee, Pichin, Vuillimen, Tortelli, Langston, Townley, Pourcel, Rattray, Musquin, Roczen... etc etc. look how many world champions decided to come race in the US because they thought the US series was the best and most competitive in the world.

I think that also says something about the championships that say Cairoli has. Most of the top champions moving up from the 250s, which are now top guys in the US (Musquin, Roczen, etc) he never had to face and are more than capable of winning 450 GP titles.

DP#201
6/6/2018 10:11am
DP#201 wrote:
RC does not have any Real titels eather, only national titels! JH have alot of those aswell, AND he has ben World champion 3 times... actualy...
Park Boys wrote:
Technically does Herlings have any non restricted world titles? I'll match your dumb logic with my own all in good fun of course. When Herlings won...
Technically does Herlings have any non restricted world titles? I'll match your dumb logic with my own all in good fun of course. When Herlings won his second title I believe there was a rule that after two you had to move up, Herlings threatened to go to the states and they changed it but in 2016 that title was an age restricted championship as you had to be under 23.
I will give you that the logic is dump, but so was the logic in the post i replyed to, hinse my reply.. but seriously, the whole argument with who is the best og the best is just meaningless, it depends on so many things. And all af them, #3, #84, #222 can win on any given day, but these last couple of weeks you have to give the edge to #84. Maybe in a few month it will be the #222 who has the edge, who knows?.. guess it takes a whole series to determine, thats probably why the WC goes over 19 rounds!

Post a reply to: Herlings: "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment."

The Latest