Herlings: "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment."

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/4/2018 7:29pm
fanger wrote:
Until herlings can show he can match the pace in sx, Eli is the fastest motorcycle racer in the world. Plain and simple.
Márquez is faster. Eli hasn't proven his speed on tarmac yet
Excaliburbmx
6/4/2018 7:42pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Then why doesn't he come race the big boys in America?
KennyT wrote:
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title? We need Eli to step up and head...
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title?

We need Eli to step up and head over there
Just because you race in different locations doesn’t mean it’s a legit world title.
If you have riders from all over the world tracing in a series that seems more of a legit World Series.
cbuehler767
6/4/2018 7:42pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
My biggest problem with any of the statements is him saying " I don't think he has ridden better than he is now" about Cairoli. I...
My biggest problem with any of the statements is him saying " I don't think he has ridden better than he is now" about Cairoli. I assume he was meaning to pay a compliment, but lets just back that down a little bit. The guy is 32 and, yes he is riding really well, but why did you wait so many years to move up and race him? AC is really fast, but to say he is in his prime is a tad far fetched isn't it?
JH is only 23yrs old. Why did he wait so long to move up? What was the rush? He's gonna dominate MXGP for god knows how long. From the way he's riding I think his career path is going just fine
fanger
6/4/2018 7:44pm
fanger wrote:
Until herlings can show he can match the pace in sx, Eli is the fastest motorcycle racer in the world. Plain and simple.
crusty_xx wrote:
Márquez is faster. Eli hasn't proven his speed on tarmac yet
Like it or not, sx is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing, not mxgp or the nationals. Not only that, sx is a lot more difficult than mx, it’s idiodic to say herlings is the best when he has never raced the Hardest/biggest/best series on the planet.

The Shop

cbuehler767
6/4/2018 7:48pm
Jesus who cares if the FMOTP is from Europe or the US? These threads are mind numbing though I do get caught up in them too. Can't we just appreciate what bad Mfer's Herlings and Tomac are?
cbuehler767
6/4/2018 7:49pm
fanger wrote:
Like it or not, sx is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing, not mxgp or the nationals. Not only that, sx is a lot more difficult...
Like it or not, sx is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing, not mxgp or the nationals. Not only that, sx is a lot more difficult than mx, it’s idiodic to say herlings is the best when he has never raced the Hardest/biggest/best series on the planet.
Troll on
toroP
6/4/2018 8:01pm
motomx88 wrote:
I think we will see another level from Tomac once Kenny is up to speed. Hopefully we will see them push each other like Stewart and...
I think we will see another level from Tomac once Kenny is up to speed. Hopefully we will see them push each other like Stewart and Carmichael did.
Another level? Yes. Ground level.
make1go
6/4/2018 8:08pm
fanger wrote:
Like it or not, sx is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing, not mxgp or the nationals. Not only that, sx is a lot more difficult...
like it or not, it is only for idiot fans and those collecting big checks.

pivni613
6/4/2018 8:18pm
sparker245 wrote:
Per RacerX GP Report. Pretty bold statement from Herlings. "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment." Referring to...
Per RacerX GP Report. Pretty bold statement from Herlings. "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment." Referring to himself and Cairoli. Hmmm.

Editor warning* This thread may contain some very stinky bait, bite at your own risk and frustration.
I don’t think it’s bold. I think he’s faster than our guys outdoors and honestly AC222 is right there with him. I know everyone is pumped for mxon at redbud but our guys are gonna get worked.
drt410
6/4/2018 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 8:59pm
People are going to say he's the best some are going to say Tomac is better. I don't think theres an exact answer as they're both world class and faster than each other depending on the track. They are so close on speed that they'd probably only be better than one another on certain tracks but neither would run away with it. Right now they are the 2 fastest riders in the world, with the fastest sprint speed with Cairolli also being up there in sprint speed, but hes 3rd "fastest" overall right now with all 3 being close in speed and all of them can win on any given day. Cairolli has won soooooo many MF championships by riding the long game to a friggin T and coming out as the champ at the end.... allll the time.

Musqion/Gjaser/Roczen are fighting for 4th and Baggett/Anderson/Paulin for 5th. Roczen is going to slowly make his way back up there to either 2nd of 1st because he is a friggin anima!! but right now he is faster than Baggett we saw last weekend which is nuts They split motos at the MXGP Usa track last year on a neutral track, so thats the best way to gauge it. This race counts because its a neutral track and both were going for the win, the last race of the year Tomac was just trying to not fall and lose the championship, which he did fall so he was like F that. Even when he was up at the front and crashed when he got next to Herlings he wasnt going alll out as fast as he can because that would be idiotic. So he fell in kind of a freak accident not because he was riding over his head, but still fell so had to back her down. The MXGP they were both going for the win and Tomac won the first moto with Herlings 2nd, then 2nd moto Herlings won and Tomac got 3rd behind Cairoli. So they split motos essentially and Tomac was gone that first moto and Herlings was gone the second moto. This is the best way to judge it and it showed they are both up there and very evenly matched.
Hcallz5
6/4/2018 9:09pm
The American riders do have a really tough schedule which I think contributes to the overall difficulty. It's crazy to me that Anderson won the SX title then 13 days later he's "just another guy on the gate" It would be cool to see Herlings come over and do that and I don't doubt that he couldn't. SX and MX in America is kinda just the face of the sport it seems. When you think of motocross riders I'm pretty sure James Stewart and Ricky Carmichael come to mind before Stefan Everts and Tony Cairoli.
shuggs
6/4/2018 9:26pm
fanger wrote:
Really?? Maybe for a few weeks in the winter but that’s it ....
Ray_MXS
6/4/2018 10:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 10:47pm
Hahaha are you guys serious!? ANOTHER Tomac vs Herlings thread? How many of these are we going to have to get through?

"Until Herlings races SX Tomac is faster"
"Tomac beat Herlings a couple of years ago so clearly he´s faster"
"Herlings won in Indiana so clearly he´s faster"

Doesnt all this ever get old to you? Silly

I can agree it was fun to follow these topics with all the stupid reasons people could come up with the first and mayyyyybe the second time but I swear to god this will be thread number 10XXXX about the exact same topic and the discussion isnt getting smarter anytime soon Wink

And to pour some more water to the fire:

1. Basing motocross skill on only one race is really stupid
2. Bringing supercross in to the discussion is really stupid
3. Bringing up races that happens years in the past is also really stupid
4. We will never know until they both race the same - entire - series.(which will never happen)

Herlings is king of the GPs right now
Tomac i king of the nationals right now
Tomac is of supercross obviously,,, wait what? Tomac hasnt won a 450 SX championship yet? But but, the vitards are telling me how Tomac is a so much better dirt bike rider because he´s the king of supercross, how does that make sense?
6/4/2018 11:22pm
JB 19 wrote:
My eyeballs tell me he is probably right. It's like his bike is creating down force. Suspension looks half loaded even in flat corners. It's like...
My eyeballs tell me he is probably right. It's like his bike is creating down force. Suspension looks half loaded even in flat corners. It's like he's road racing on dirt.
Exactly....I thought this also. Apples to Oranges sport camparison now. And I really like Herlings, fast fast guy.
zb658
6/4/2018 11:23pm
if only herlings would show up to southwick, we could iron all of this out.
Ray_MXS
6/4/2018 11:33pm
zb658 wrote:
if only herlings would show up to southwick, we could iron all of this out.
If only Tomac would show up at Lommel, we could iron all of this out

Still makes sense to you?
Robgvx
6/4/2018 11:48pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Then why doesn't he come race the big boys in America?
KennyT wrote:
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title? We need Eli to step up and head...
He is racing the “World” Championship series. Why would he drop down to compete for a National title?

We need Eli to step up and head over there
Just because you race in different locations doesn’t mean it’s a legit world title. If you have riders from all over the world tracing in a...
Just because you race in different locations doesn’t mean it’s a legit world title.
If you have riders from all over the world tracing in a series that seems more of a legit World Series.

You mean MXGP?
bigjam
6/4/2018 11:48pm
Herrings shows up at Southwick y’all cool?
Sideways
6/5/2018 12:09am
BR8ES wrote:
He did come to the US last year and we all know how that went.
Marvin would have won if he hadn’t crashed on the last lap and Eli was concentrating on a national title. Herlings is absolutely awesome but he...
Marvin would have won if he hadn’t crashed on the last lap and Eli was concentrating on a national title. Herlings is absolutely awesome but he isn’t any faster on any given day than Tomac or Roczen. we’ll really never know because they will never compete in the same series.
Herlings also crashed and was in last place on lap 1. So you can say that evens it out.
Anyone who says Herlings wasnt the fastest that day needs to have their head checked lol
bigjam
6/5/2018 12:12am
The only way to solve this is Eli beats Herlings at southwick? Right
Lastander
6/5/2018 12:19am
Southwick aint got shit on any of the tracks in Holland/Belgium, Liam Everts would smoke half of the field on his 85 at LommelLaughing
Fearo
6/5/2018 12:24am
Oh boy, the Vitards sure came out in full force for this one.
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
6/5/2018 12:24am
He sure knows how to get people talking lmao. But seriously tho, he and Cairoli are beating the best riders in MXGP week in week out. Even with 30+ seconds on a regular basis. Cairoli had a few tiny slips but they are both way ahead in points already. So it’s easy to see where the comment is coming from. I also think he was just talking about MXGP riders.
Ray_MXS
6/5/2018 12:32am
BR8ES wrote:
He did come to the US last year and we all know how that went.
Marvin would have won if he hadn’t crashed on the last lap and Eli was concentrating on a national title. Herlings is absolutely awesome but he...
Marvin would have won if he hadn’t crashed on the last lap and Eli was concentrating on a national title. Herlings is absolutely awesome but he isn’t any faster on any given day than Tomac or Roczen. we’ll really never know because they will never compete in the same series.
Sideways wrote:
Herlings also crashed and was in last place on lap 1. So you can say that evens it out. Anyone who says Herlings wasnt the fastest...
Herlings also crashed and was in last place on lap 1. So you can say that evens it out.
Anyone who says Herlings wasnt the fastest that day needs to have their head checked lol
Laptimes from 2017 Ironman 450 moto 2

WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
6/5/2018 3:29am
The context at Iron was special so fallacious argument imo from Herlings fan's.

ET didn't have the pace he has now.

6/5/2018 3:39am
Kenny, Tomac, Herlings, AC...that would be a good season to watch. A couple of wild cards maybe. 7, 72 and 4 Smile
motomike137
6/5/2018 3:52am
Keep talking Jeff. ET3 has October 7* circled in red on his calendar.

* the day he sights in his new compound bow

Post a reply to: Herlings: "I don't think there is anyone in the world on our level at the moment."

The Latest