Herlings 24-0

8/27/2017 11:08am
Rowlands wrote:
Roczen, Musquin, Pourcel, Ferrandis adapted I'm sure Cairoli would of managed at the right time. All riders that can ride at a professional level are able...
Roczen, Musquin, Pourcel, Ferrandis adapted I'm sure Cairoli would of managed at the right time.

All riders that can ride at a professional level are able to ride SX I'm sure. Again show me a rider that hasn't proved that ?
Didn't you know? Supercross is a magic art, and, somehow, Cairoli -- one of the greatest riders of all time -- just couldn't do it! It's outside his skill set. Herlings too. No way!

Rowland, people in the US think Hamilton and Vettel couldn't drive NASCAR and turn left all day. They really think that way here. You'd kinda have to live in this culture to appreciate it.

cbuehler767
8/27/2017 11:26am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 11:39am
WCRider wrote:
"Exactly what is the trophy they give out for 1 fast lap?" nothing but the fact is Marvin was the fastest rider at Ironman whether you...
"Exactly what is the trophy they give out for 1 fast lap?" nothing but the fact is Marvin was the fastest rider at Ironman whether you want it or not. End of discussion. Basic logic like 2.07 are better than 2.08 or 2$x2$ = 4$
Just stop please. Having the stars align to put together one perfect lap doesn't make you the fastest rider on a given race day.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
8/27/2017 11:46am
24 and 0? He wouldn't have won the 2nd moto without some luck yesterday.
Hut wrote:
Luck? if that's case he wouldn't have won the 1st moto either
It was a tad lucky when Marv crashed away the second moto win with a 10 +/- second gap with less than 2 laps to go.

It was an impressive race by Herlings either way. He came, he raced, he won. Respect.
Rowlands
8/27/2017 11:53am
Didn't you know? Supercross is a magic art, and, somehow, Cairoli -- one of the greatest riders of all time -- just couldn't do it! It's...
Didn't you know? Supercross is a magic art, and, somehow, Cairoli -- one of the greatest riders of all time -- just couldn't do it! It's outside his skill set. Herlings too. No way!

Rowland, people in the US think Hamilton and Vettel couldn't drive NASCAR and turn left all day. They really think that way here. You'd kinda have to live in this culture to appreciate it.

LaughingLaughing

Thanks for the clarification my man. All fun and games.

The Shop

8/27/2017 12:05pm
RandyS wrote:
Herlings is just the messenger, it's the entire top ten or so. At some point within the last few years they started taking MX back. RV...
Herlings is just the messenger, it's the entire top ten or so. At some point within the last few years they started taking MX back. RV didn't struggle because he was in a strange country, he struggled because they are faster again. AMA riders are essentially part time motocrossers, they are not going to keep up when motocross is just their summer job. I think more amateurs need to look into going to Europe when they turn pro and specialize in motocross. Maybe there needs to be US professional Supercross racers, and professional Motocross racers. Although without more money nobody is going to pick motocross.
I'm looking forward to Covington eventually going home ( if he does he will be missed).
I've read a lot of people on here putting him down , but I've watched him get quicker and more confident over the past years. He is another Osborne in the making .
8/27/2017 12:14pm
I'm looking forward to Covington eventually going home ( if he does he will be missed). I've read a lot of people on here putting him...
I'm looking forward to Covington eventually going home ( if he does he will be missed).
I've read a lot of people on here putting him down , but I've watched him get quicker and more confident over the past years. He is another Osborne in the making .
he better start training with Aldon if he does Wink
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
8/27/2017 12:16pm
Just stop please. Having the stars align to put together one perfect lap doesn't make you the fastest rider on a given race day.
Ok i stop because you are bad but in pure speed, it's a fact, Marv was the fastest. The lap time talk Marvin was the only rider under 2.08. So at this point Mav was the fastest guy of the day and anything you can say will not change that.

So now pls just stop too.
Hut
8/27/2017 12:25pm
Stop -
4 a : to cause to cease : check, suppress
b : discontinue
cali11
8/27/2017 12:50pm
Could Herlings cone here and learn SX? Of course he could. Would he win right away, hell no. I'm sure he'd need one or two season on a 250f. I've seen a few videos of him on an SX track & he looked pretty good. Both Ken & Marve are fast as hell & paid there dues on a 250f.
8/27/2017 12:52pm
When comparing AMA athletes yes that is true. Cairoli won't come race SX and podium though.
Rowlands wrote:
Roczen, Musquin, Pourcel, Ferrandis adapted I'm sure Cairoli would of managed at the right time. All riders that can ride at a professional level are able...
Roczen, Musquin, Pourcel, Ferrandis adapted I'm sure Cairoli would of managed at the right time.

All riders that can ride at a professional level are able to ride SX I'm sure. Again show me a rider that hasn't proved that ?
I think you have forgot the point that was being argued. Which is, because US riders spend more time testing and racing SX they aren't as fast outdoors. You basically just proved that point by saying MXGP riders would adapt to SX given the time. I have no doubt they have the skill level to compete in SX. However, if they rode MXGP all year they will be slower in SX because of less time on that type of track. Do you think US riders wouldn't gain more speed by spending all year on outdoor tracks? Surely you are not that naive.

Brownstone322, maybe read the whole thread to understand the context before replying?

8/27/2017 1:06pm
I think you have forgot the point that was being argued. Which is, because US riders spend more time testing and racing SX they aren't as...
I think you have forgot the point that was being argued. Which is, because US riders spend more time testing and racing SX they aren't as fast outdoors. You basically just proved that point by saying MXGP riders would adapt to SX given the time. I have no doubt they have the skill level to compete in SX. However, if they rode MXGP all year they will be slower in SX because of less time on that type of track. Do you think US riders wouldn't gain more speed by spending all year on outdoor tracks? Surely you are not that naive.

Brownstone322, maybe read the whole thread to understand the context before replying?

makes a lot of sense doesnt it Wink but wasnt there a time when it was seen as an advantage for the US riders racing SX (if i remember correctly and was the word over here in europe )and so became better racers or it was just because that generation was freaky awesome good .. ?? talking aroung 80 s here
Rowlands
8/27/2017 1:20pm
When comparing AMA athletes yes that is true. Cairoli won't come race SX and podium though.
Rowlands wrote:

I think you have forgot the point that was being argued. Which is, because US riders spend more time testing and racing SX they aren't as...

I am totally missing the point yes.

No matter what part of the world you are from if you can ride a motocross bike at professional level you are able to be equally as fast at SX than MX given enough practise and under correct circumstances.
cali11
8/27/2017 1:24pm
Last years Tomac kicked the Euros ass 4 motos strait. Does that not count, or were they just taking it easy on vacation?
8/27/2017 1:32pm
cali11 wrote:
Last years Tomac kicked the Euros ass 4 motos strait. Does that not count, or were they just taking it easy on vacation?
I'll give them Glen Helen.. every top US rider has a bunch of laps on that track, but I've said it a few times but I honestly believe Charlotte was a good "yard stick" to use. I would even go as far as to say that that track was more GP style than anything considering it was basically a flat motocross track with outdoor type obstacles which is what about 1/3 of their series consists of. Some like to compare it to an SX and I kinda think that's pretty dumb, it was nowhere near an SX track.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
8/27/2017 1:47pm
I'm looking forward to Covington eventually going home ( if he does he will be missed). I've read a lot of people on here putting him...
Good point. Up and coming riders in the US are moved into SX and usually get injured. It's a good experiment if Covington were to come back and adopt to SX quickly.
8/27/2017 2:31pm
VRR7 wrote:
Remember when USA was still great all went south from Obama's second term from 2012 and on. MXON? Now Europeans on European bikes even beat the...
Remember when USA was still great all went south from Obama's second term from 2012 and on. MXON? Now Europeans on European bikes even beat the Europeans in the USA. Today most Americans hate their own president because he likes winners and they burn their own flag in their own country and allow their history to be destroyed, loser psyche has infected the USA ! Good job Barry. USA will not dominate the MXON like they used to, when USA had a winner psyche. That has all been basically written over and one is a dissident if one wants the USA to be great ??? Now the Europeans dominate MX and crazy how affected the whole of USA has become including MX as a nation...
speaking of psyche... LaughingLaughing
8/27/2017 2:35pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Good point. Up and coming riders in the US are moved into SX and usually get injured. It's a good experiment if Covington were to come...
Good point. Up and coming riders in the US are moved into SX and usually get injured. It's a good experiment if Covington were to come back and adopt to SX quickly.
If I remember rightly Zach done a few guest supercross races whilst racing for Dixon racing in Europe and done really well without a lot of prep?
That's when he got an offer and left to return home, I would like to think Covington might get a chance after the MXDN
ATKpilot99
8/27/2017 2:40pm
If I remember rightly Zach done a few guest supercross races whilst racing for Dixon racing in Europe and done really well without a lot of...
If I remember rightly Zach done a few guest supercross races whilst racing for Dixon racing in Europe and done really well without a lot of prep?
That's when he got an offer and left to return home, I would like to think Covington might get a chance after the MXDN
Is a ride here in the states Covington's goal ? I was kind of hoping he would eventually move up to MXGP although I realize it's tough to get a good ride in that class. I'm really looking forward to see how he goes on the 450 at the MXoN.
8/27/2017 2:50pm
If I remember rightly Zach done a few guest supercross races whilst racing for Dixon racing in Europe and done really well without a lot of...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Is a ride here in the states Covington's goal ? I was kind of hoping he would eventually move up to MXGP although I realize it's...
Is a ride here in the states Covington's goal ? I was kind of hoping he would eventually move up to MXGP although I realize it's tough to get a good ride in that class. I'm really looking forward to see how he goes on the 450 at the MXoN.
I don't know, I don't want him to go either, he's ours now! Smile
Flip109
8/27/2017 3:17pm
In my Mind. The only two riders on the face of the planet right now with the speed consistent enough to go 24-0 are Herlings and possibly a healthy Roczen. Tomac has that same speed as does Tony and Marvin but they don't bring it every weekend it seems.
edgibson22
8/30/2017 8:38am
edgibson22 wrote:
It to whom is it important. Just FYI.
Hahaha, I picked up on that too. "Who" can never be a direct object. But I figured that was a bit advanced for him to digest...
Hahaha, I picked up on that too. "Who" can never be a direct object. But I figured that was a bit advanced for him to digest, so I let it go. (Aww, damn, I began another sentence with a conjunction.)
It's alright to start a sentence with a conjunction but for the most part we are taught not to because it's too hard to explain how to do it correctly. I'm not going even to try. probably good newspaper writers used to do it correctly to save words. Used to be hard to find a typo in any writing in print anywhere.
davistld01
8/30/2017 8:46am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 8:47am
JS7 & RC4 did it because they were just better than anybody else on the line at every race.

Herlings won one because Marvin crashed, and all the planets lined up. Would he come here and win some outdoor events...of course because he's one of the world's fastest, but 24-0...

No.
8/30/2017 9:19am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 9:21am
edgibson22 wrote:
It's alright to start a sentence with a conjunction but for the most part we are taught not to because it's too hard to explain how...
It's alright to start a sentence with a conjunction but for the most part we are taught not to because it's too hard to explain how to do it correctly. I'm not going even to try. probably good newspaper writers used to do it correctly to save words. Used to be hard to find a typo in any writing in print anywhere.
Uh, anyone past, say, sixth grade knows how to begin a sentence with a conjunction. And it's perfectly grammatical. Oh wow, I did it again! How'd that even happen?

[Cue twelve-bar blues] ... "Conjunction Junction, what's yo' function? ...Hooking up words and phrases and clauses ... "

CR250Rider
8/30/2017 9:25am
even if Moosecan hadn't crashed, a Euro was going to win.
American MX does NOT have the fastest riders
sende
Fantasy
4320th
8/30/2017 10:12am
WCRider wrote:
"Exactly what is the trophy they give out for 1 fast lap?" nothing but the fact is Marvin was the fastest rider at Ironman whether you...
"Exactly what is the trophy they give out for 1 fast lap?" nothing but the fact is Marvin was the fastest rider at Ironman whether you want it or not. End of discussion. Basic logic like 2.07 are better than 2.08 or 2$x2$ = 4$
I'm just responding to feed you.
mxb2
8/30/2017 10:27am
CR250Rider wrote:
even if Moosecan hadn't crashed, a Euro was going to win.
American MX does NOT have the fastest riders
Did you see tomac won 4 motos last year ? And beat Marvin this year?
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
8/30/2017 11:04am
He is super super fast, no doubt.

I think the pair working JH84/KTM is slightly better than ET3/Kawi. Only ET3/Honda was equal imo.

Robgvx
8/30/2017 11:36am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2017 12:47pm
Would be interesting to know how his lap times compared with the regulars.

Notice Joel Smets at the end, telling him to use his head...?
8/30/2017 11:56am
Oh my, that was just ridiculous !! Marvin really needs to thank his luck that Jeffrey went down in the second moto at the weekend ! The beat down would have been off the scale if he'd got a top 5 start !

Post a reply to: Herlings 24-0

The Latest