Herlings 24-0

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2017 5:13 PM

Yep.

|

8/26/2017 5:14 PM

Yep, your post is heading to that place...the Dumbgeon.

|

8/26/2017 5:20 PM

That would be both funny and epic.

|

8/26/2017 5:47 PM

He couldn't go 24-0 when he was cherry picking the mx2 class.

He put in an impressive ride but let's not get too excited.

|

8/26/2017 5:50 PM

He's the real deal... Enjoy the show

|

8/26/2017 5:52 PM

Ez money.

|

8/26/2017 6:07 PM

I'd like to see him try it!
Really I would. I like his "No Fucks Given" attitude. Might be just what Tomac needs also to stay motivated and we'd see some great racing.

|

8/26/2017 6:08 PM

JustMX wrote:

He couldn't go 24-0 when he was cherry picking the mx2 class.

He put in an impressive ride but let's not get too excited.

Yeah, exactly, just too much shit can go wrong.

And thank you for using the term "cherry-picking" (correct metaphor) instead of "sandbagging" (wrong metaphor). I used to think most people here were linguistically challenged.


|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/26/2017 6:24 PM

JustMX wrote:

He couldn't go 24-0 when he was cherry picking the mx2 class.

He put in an impressive ride but let's not get too excited.

Brownstone322 wrote:

Yeah, exactly, just too much shit can go wrong.

And thank you for using the term "cherry-picking" (correct metaphor) instead of "sandbagging" (wrong metaphor). I used to think most people here were linguistically challenged.


I am pretty sure the term "sandbagging" was used for maximum irritation....lol

|

8/26/2017 6:31 PM

LOL. Kenny would bitch-slap him with his baby arm.

|

8/26/2017 6:39 PM

Whole lotta fail in this thread... starting with the OP!

Isn't JH 22 years old and just completed he first year racing 450s?

When should he have left the 250 class when he was 17... not sure what sand bagging or cherry picking was occurring?

It is Pretty tough to sandbag or cherry pick a professional class!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!


2006 KX250

8/26/2017 6:58 PM

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

|

8/26/2017 7:04 PM

JustMX wrote:

He couldn't go 24-0 when he was cherry picking the mx2 class.

He put in an impressive ride but let's not get too excited.

LOL, thats damn funny.

|

8/26/2017 7:05 PM

As they say "you are only as good as your last race"
So Herlings is the best in the world!

|

8/26/2017 7:07 PM

Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.

|

8/26/2017 7:09 PM

ehr400 wrote:

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

Funny how that works.

|

8/26/2017 7:24 PM

TFW you realize Roczen actually came to America to duck Herlings... wassat

|

8/26/2017 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 7:35 PM

ehr400 wrote:

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

Eli is faster that Herlings because he beat all the GP's guys in 4 motos(which Herlings didn't race in)

Makes sense... unsure

|

8/26/2017 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 7:37 PM

ehr400 wrote:

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a few things:

• Tomac's average margin was about 15 seconds across those four races (as much as 24, as little as 6).

• Cairoli raced with injuries all year and was never in top form, not the way he is now.

• The MXGP title had been wrapped by Gajser at Assen, so nobody was taking any chances. (On the other hand, Tomac didn't have much incentive either; go figure.)

The Internet didn't quit working last September. I think Tomac got lots of respect after his four-moto sweep last year. Webb after Charlotte too. But ... it's still not the same as Herlings on short notice and a loaner bike. That was just spectacular. No one's ever crashed an American party like that.



|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/26/2017 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 7:41 PM

There has not been an American in a long time who could go overseas for a 1 off race and ride like Herlings did today. What he did is amazing and I'm pretty sure he would dominate in the US series much the way Roczen does when he is healthy. It would be great to have both series competing against one another full time now that it is obvious they are pretty equal with the current edge going to the GP regulars

And no this is not fishing....it's fact

|

8/26/2017 7:53 PM

ehr400 wrote:

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

Brownstone322 wrote:

For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a few things:

• Tomac's average margin was about 15 seconds across those four races (as much as 24, as little as 6).

• Cairoli raced with injuries all year and was never in top form, not the way he is now.

• The MXGP title had been wrapped by Gajser at Assen, so nobody was taking any chances. (On the other hand, Tomac didn't have much incentive either; go figure.)

The Internet didn't quit working last September. I think Tomac got lots of respect after his four-moto sweep last year. Webb after Charlotte too. But ... it's still not the same as Herlings on short notice and a loaner bike. That was just spectacular. No one's ever crashed an American party like that.



And your not the smartest.

1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec.

2: if you don't agree Tomac was playing it safe the second moto yoy are high.

3: wait until next week when Tomac doesn't have to worry about a championship that needs to be won after he threw 2 away in the past.

4: Herlings was great, but until we see him smoke our top rider when the championship isnt on the line like Tomac did to the GP field 4 times in a row then it isn't relevant.

|

8/26/2017 7:59 PM

shaffstall721 wrote:

And your not the smartest.

1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec.

2: if you don't agree Tomac was playing it safe the second moto yoy are high.

3: wait until next week when Tomac doesn't have to worry about a championship that needs to be won after he threw 2 away in the past.

4: Herlings was great, but until we see him smoke our top rider when the championship isnt on the line like Tomac did to the GP field 4 times in a row then it isn't relevant.

Everything I wrote was fact. No one said Tomac was going flat out in the second moto. I didn't, anyway. I thought he should've pulled up in the first moto.

And let me give you some advice, Einstein. If you're going to judge the "smarts" of others, learn to use "you're." (On the other hand, I do love irony.)


|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/26/2017 8:12 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.

Let it go, neither of them were today! To the OP: you prob thought the same of Tomac and look what a summer he had. Say what you want but he backed into this title through attrition and actually rode better last summer! ET3 does not do well under pressure. The examples are piling up.

Last point, if you know anything about MX and don't appreciate the enormity of what Herlings did today, you very likely have never raced a dirt scooter. Amazing ride, but he would never go 24-0 here. Having the speed to do it and actually doing it are two wildly different things!

|

"It sure is fun to have fun!"

8/26/2017 8:16 PM

ehr400 wrote:

Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.

He was sending straight into a dirt sample in first moto,,,

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

8/26/2017 8:16 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.

I like America too, but lets be real. American motocross got handed it's ass today by a guy on vacation.

|

8/26/2017 8:21 PM

KennyT wrote:

There has not been an American in a long time who could go overseas for a 1 off race and ride like Herlings did today. What he did is amazing and I'm pretty sure he would dominate in the US series much the way Roczen does when he is healthy. It would be great to have both series competing against one another full time now that it is obvious they are pretty equal with the current edge going to the GP regulars

And no this is not fishing....it's fact

Exactly, it was an impressive ride by Herlings!

Eli's moto's in Europe - 4th, 16th, 2nd, 8th, 6th, 3rd.

|

8/26/2017 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 8:31 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a few things:

• Tomac's average margin was about 15 seconds across those four races (as much as 24, as little as 6).

• Cairoli raced with injuries all year and was never in top form, not the way he is now.

• The MXGP title had been wrapped by Gajser at Assen, so nobody was taking any chances. (On the other hand, Tomac didn't have much incentive either; go figure.)

The Internet didn't quit working last September. I think Tomac got lots of respect after his four-moto sweep last year. Webb after Charlotte too. But ... it's still not the same as Herlings on short notice and a loaner bike. That was just spectacular. No one's ever crashed an American party like that.



shaffstall721 wrote:

And your not the smartest.

1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec.

2: if you don't agree Tomac was playing it safe the second moto yoy are high.

3: wait until next week when Tomac doesn't have to worry about a championship that needs to be won after he threw 2 away in the past.

4: Herlings was great, but until we see him smoke our top rider when the championship isnt on the line like Tomac did to the GP field 4 times in a row then it isn't relevant.

Brownstone322 wrote:

Everything I wrote was fact. No one said Tomac was going flat out in the second moto. I didn't, anyway. I thought he should've pulled up in the first moto.

And let me give you some advice, Einstein. If you're going to judge the "smarts" of others, learn to use "you're." (On the other hand, I do love irony.)


grammar is important to who? It's a forum...

Idgaf about grammar when trying to type fast as possible on a phone.

4 out of 4 vs the entire GP field LAST YEAR. We will see what happens next week.

Also no one starts a sentence with and.......

|

8/26/2017 8:34 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.

No, Tomac in 15 maybe but not Roczen.

|

8/26/2017 8:42 PM

American series riders spend around 7 months of the year riding sx. Just saying

|

8/26/2017 9:15 PM

RandyS wrote:

I like America too, but lets be real. American motocross got handed it's ass today by a guy on vacation.


Sorry, couldn't resist wink
|