Herlings

shuggs
9/8/2019 11:24pm
Once and for all the goat is/ always will be RC

IMO JH84 is similar to RC in that he hates to lose, he still has a long way to go to get to his level.

JS7 & Gajser are similar in that both went/ go shitface fast but crash way too much to really be at the top.

For JH84 to prove he is at the top he needs to continue to beat current MXGP class and those that come up - Prado next year for starters, and continue to stay ahead of him. But this should be good the next couple of years
greg570
9/9/2019 12:30am
shuggs wrote:
Once and for all the goat is/ always will be RC IMO JH84 is similar to RC in that he hates to lose, he still has...
Once and for all the goat is/ always will be RC

IMO JH84 is similar to RC in that he hates to lose, he still has a long way to go to get to his level.

JS7 & Gajser are similar in that both went/ go shitface fast but crash way too much to really be at the top.

For JH84 to prove he is at the top he needs to continue to beat current MXGP class and those that come up - Prado next year for starters, and continue to stay ahead of him. But this should be good the next couple of years
Hahaha...really? How many titles does Gajser have (at age 22)?
9/9/2019 1:07am
And there was people saying Herlings has never beaten a fit Gajser WhistlingWhistling
kiwifan wrote:
To be really fair, Gajser has already won the title, he has nothing to prove, why should he go out and race 100% when he doesnt...
To be really fair, Gajser has already won the title, he has nothing to prove, why should he go out and race 100% when he doesnt have to, he could actually just forgo the last few rounds if he and the team really wanted to.

Do I think Gajser is out there racing 100% at the moment...no not at all...especially mentally wise.

And before Herlings fans get up in arms, my comments above are not saying Herlings is shit or slower, etc etc etc, just adding some perspective.
Lame excuse. Gajser is the current world champion, he’s gonna wanna prove he’s the champ by beating everyone that lines up & especially a guy that’s coming off a long lay off.
Arofin
9/9/2019 2:40am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 2:40am
And there was people saying Herlings has never beaten a fit Gajser WhistlingWhistling
kiwifan wrote:
To be really fair, Gajser has already won the title, he has nothing to prove, why should he go out and race 100% when he doesnt...
To be really fair, Gajser has already won the title, he has nothing to prove, why should he go out and race 100% when he doesnt have to, he could actually just forgo the last few rounds if he and the team really wanted to.

Do I think Gajser is out there racing 100% at the moment...no not at all...especially mentally wise.

And before Herlings fans get up in arms, my comments above are not saying Herlings is shit or slower, etc etc etc, just adding some perspective.
Lame excuse. Gajser is the current world champion, he’s gonna wanna prove he’s the champ by beating everyone that lines up & especially a guy that’s...
Lame excuse. Gajser is the current world champion, he’s gonna wanna prove he’s the champ by beating everyone that lines up & especially a guy that’s coming off a long lay off.
Yeah, and every time he tries, he's having a nasty get off

The Shop

kiwifan
9/9/2019 2:49am
kiwifan wrote:

Lame excuse. Gajser is the current world champion, he’s gonna wanna prove he’s the champ by beating everyone that lines up & especially a guy that’s...
Excuse????? If he wants to prove he can beat Herlings, he will do that next year....
kiwifan
9/9/2019 2:49am
kiwifan wrote:

Arofin wrote:
Who crashed out this year, Herlings or Gajser?
Arofin
9/9/2019 2:55am
Arofin wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Who crashed out this year, Herlings or Gajser?
Gajser crashed this year many times...very lucky having no injurys
teamddr
9/9/2019 3:20am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 3:21am
They all crashed a lot even AC 222
The pace in MXGP now is crazy
Bar RC ( just to keep our friends happy) everyone is on the the edge to keep that pace.
That track in turkey was gnarly in the respect if you leaned on the front the whole bike just dug in - very strange to watch
9/9/2019 4:05am
kiwifan wrote:
Excuse????? If he wants to prove he can beat Herlings, he will do that next year....
Why didn’t Gajser beat Herlings in race 1 at Latvia, he didn’t have the title locked down then?
kage173
9/9/2019 4:21am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 4:26am
450 championships

Carmichael 12
Cairoli 7
Tomac 3
Roczen 2
Gasjer 2
Herlings 1

The first rule of racing is finish. The second rule is there are no excuses, just winners and losers.

I respect Herlings but he isn't a goat. Not even close.
9/9/2019 4:28am
So... national championships are compared to world championships now?
kage173
9/9/2019 4:35am
franshals wrote:
World? Like when they have 20 riders on the gate and 15 spectators in some east Asian country?? That's "the world championship"
ayearinmx
9/9/2019 4:38am
kiwifan wrote:
Why didn’t Gajser beat Herlings in race 1 at Latvia, he didn’t have the title locked down then?
Did Gajser need to beat Herlings in Latvia? Because this photo at Kegums suggests he didn't..

Herlings is a badass and deserves massive credit for being able to come back from these injuries and still ride amazingly fast and Gajser is a badass too for different reasons.
It's amazing that some so called fans of the sport can't congratulate some riders without talking shit on others... Its also a real shame Sad

tek14
9/9/2019 4:39am
RC won 12 National titles tells more how his competition was not that he was better than current stars.
Herlings would eat RC at breakfast at any MXGP World Championship motocross track.
kage173
9/9/2019 4:45am
tek14 wrote:
RC won 12 National titles tells more how his competition was not that he was better than current stars. Herlings would eat RC at breakfast at...
RC won 12 National titles tells more how his competition was not that he was better than current stars.
Herlings would eat RC at breakfast at any MXGP World Championship motocross track.
RC beat Stefan Everts. Everts has 4 450 championships and a whole bunch of others.

Herlings has 1
9/9/2019 4:47am
ayearinmx wrote:
Did Gajser need to beat Herlings in Latvia? Because this photo at Kegums suggests he didn't.. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/09/371803/s1200_Gajser_Kegums_hondaproracing_shotbybavo_27.jpg[/img] Herlings is a badass and deserves massive credit for...
Did Gajser need to beat Herlings in Latvia? Because this photo at Kegums suggests he didn't..

Herlings is a badass and deserves massive credit for being able to come back from these injuries and still ride amazingly fast and Gajser is a badass too for different reasons.
It's amazing that some so called fans of the sport can't congratulate some riders without talking shit on others... Its also a real shame Sad

Not shitting on Gajser at all, awesome rider, one of my favourites to watch.

It was said in a different thread that Herlings hasn’t beaten a healthy Gajser but when I do point out the races the that Herlings has beaten a healthy Gajser, I’m the one getting shit on.
9/9/2019 4:49am
franshals wrote:
kage173 wrote:
World? Like when they have 20 riders on the gate and 15 spectators in some east Asian country?? That's "the world championship"
Yes actually. Part of the world championship is travelling all over the world to places which are far from anyone's comfortzone. A lot of traveling and dealing with different temperatures, languages, food, cultures and overall atmosphere. I agree attendance is crap at some places and the costs for non top-teams are ridiculous, but it's still the world championship.
ayearinmx
9/9/2019 4:54am
Not shitting on Gajser at all, awesome rider, one of my favourites to watch. It was said in a different thread that Herlings hasn’t beaten a...
Not shitting on Gajser at all, awesome rider, one of my favourites to watch.

It was said in a different thread that Herlings hasn’t beaten a healthy Gajser but when I do point out the races the that Herlings has beaten a healthy Gajser, I’m the one getting shit on.
Only the point about the photo was referring to what you said...

The other part was for anyone who enjoys talking shit about any rider
kage173
9/9/2019 4:54am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 4:59am
franshals wrote:
kage173 wrote:
franshals wrote:
Yes actually. Part of the world championship is travelling all over the world to places which are far from anyone's comfortzone. A lot of traveling and...
Yes actually. Part of the world championship is travelling all over the world to places which are far from anyone's comfortzone. A lot of traveling and dealing with different temperatures, languages, food, cultures and overall atmosphere. I agree attendance is crap at some places and the costs for non top-teams are ridiculous, but it's still the world championship.
So if I have a race in Mongolia. And it's just me and a guy on a camel, I can go to Europe and tell them I won a world championship and everyone will think I'm great. Lol

My point was not that MXGP is nothing but that you can compare an AMA championship to MX1
9/9/2019 4:59am
RC was a true great, but he was only happy racing nationals on the same tracks every year, with no real top contenders most years, till stew came along , Whistling then retires
Looby321
9/9/2019 5:18am
presto170 wrote:
I don’t know if many riders who can get back to top level speed & endurance in such little time. Absolute hero
Hero?
kage173
9/9/2019 5:18am
Blackdog89 wrote:
RC was a true great, but he was only happy racing nationals on the same tracks every year, with no real top contenders most years, till...
RC was a true great, but he was only happy racing nationals on the same tracks every year, with no real top contenders most years, till stew came along , Whistling then retires
Like Herlings in MX2?
kkawboy14
9/9/2019 5:42am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 5:42am
This thread really wasn’t about who is the “GOAT” or who’s the fastest rider in the world right now!

But I’m glad you guys solved that dilemma!
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/9/2019 5:46am
Blackdog89 wrote:
RC was a true great, but he was only happy racing nationals on the same tracks every year, with no real top contenders most years, till...
The guy that dethroned Everts in his second season came over and was ready for RC, you had Windham there nearly the whole time sans 02. Reed moved up in 03. On his two stroke he was racing Ferry on his four stroke. Then of course Stew moved up in 05. Plus DV was strong, Lusk was there till 04. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple.

And to answer the overwhimgly obvious answer he was racing nationals because he was winning Supercross titles from January to May.... that’s what happens in the states. You have to win both or always be judged for not winning the other.
Helda
9/9/2019 5:52am
kage173 wrote:
450 championships Carmichael 12 Cairoli 7 Tomac 3 Roczen 2 Gasjer 2 Herlings 1 The first rule of racing is finish. The second rule is there...
450 championships

Carmichael 12
Cairoli 7
Tomac 3
Roczen 2
Gasjer 2
Herlings 1

The first rule of racing is finish. The second rule is there are no excuses, just winners and losers.

I respect Herlings but he isn't a goat. Not even close.
So if we are counting national championships Herlings has 7 and still has a few years to go, he will pass RC.
cjg23307
9/9/2019 5:52am
Herlings is the goat of mx2... gasjer has more titles then herlings some of you are just stuck too far up herlings ass and forget about the actual facts.
Bearuno
9/9/2019 6:13am
kage173 wrote:
Like Herlings in MX2?
You might want to check the amount of years many US based riders stay in the 250 class, sometime.

Here's a current example: Adam Cianciarulo, has just completed his 7th season in 250s. About the same as what Herlings did (with might be a similar, unfortunate, injury rate for both,that ruined seasons for them), to finally move up to 450s, with one title.

Then , compare TG to AC - TGs older, by 1 month, he won the MX2 / 250 World Championships, and moved straight to 450s. Well before any dodgy rules forced him up. To get a 450 title the next year, then , like so many others in our sport, being injury affected, to then get his 2nd 450 World Championships the last few weeks. Pretty bloody stellar Championships record, if you compare it to Adam. Yet, I read people, here, and on other sites, slagging him.

Don't get me wrong - I'm an enthusiastic follower of AC, and truly, Truly hope he transfers successfully into 450s - the sport could really do with such an intelligent, personable, articulate person as he getting to 'Star' status. The 'show', could really benefit from his success.

Hell, US racing has extended the careers of GP riders ( not to mention US riders that can stay in 250s - and I'm fine with that) , with them being able to stay in the 250s, long after they would be forced out of a legitimate, World Championships class by either age, or title limits - both rules, being bloody idiotic.

Herlings has been in 450s for 3 seasons now, it might be time for a few of you to wake up to that fact.

As I've written above, I'm fine with long stays / full career stays in the 250 class. But when people put shit on a rider for having a fair few years on 250s, whilst seeming to regard it as being OK for so many others to do so, well, it's just so very selective (as it's usually in favour of their compatriots), and piss poor, from people.
9/9/2019 6:37am
presto170 wrote:
I don’t know if many riders who can get back to top level speed & endurance in such little time. Absolute hero
Looby321 wrote:
Hero?
He’s my hero looby

Post a reply to: Herlings

The Latest