Herlings

CrashMaster
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 10:25am
This has probably already been beaten to death. But I had just finished rewatching Motocross des Nations 2012 at Lommel for the second time. I just cannot get it out of my mind that if Herlings had started top 15, he would have totally crushed TC222 in that final moto... The man is a machine in the sand, and is also proving it throughout the whole GP circuit. RV2 is my favorite rider in this generation, but JH84 is no doubt my second fav. right now. Wink
|
frita
7/17/2013 8:43am
Predator wrote:
Who gives a shit
Someone's still a bit butt-hurt from last September.

I agree. Tommy Searle beat Herlings straight up the week before Lirop 2012. Then at Lirop Herlings straight up laps Tommy. Thats just insane that someone can be so much better on different soil. However to Herlings credit, I don't think Tommy could touch him on any surface this year. He has improved out of sight from last year. He just turned 18!

The Shop

7/17/2013 8:51am
This has probably already been beaten to death. But I had just finished rewatching Motocross des Nations 2012 at Lommel for the second time. I just...
This has probably already been beaten to death. But I had just finished rewatching Motocross des Nations 2012 at Lommel for the second time. I just cannot get it out of my mind that if Herlings had started top 15, he would have totally crushed TC222 in that final moto... The man is a machine in the sand, and is also proving it throughout the whole GP circuit. RV2 is my favorite rider in this generation, but JH84 is no doubt my second fav. right now. Wink
machine is true. Only one thing will stop him - injury.
gharmon
7/17/2013 9:06am
F250MOTP
opinions vary!! In the sand that's a given otherwise it's debatable.
Seamorbutts
7/17/2013 10:06am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2013 10:16am
I've been watching lately as well. He's fast as hell but I think RV is still faster by a tiny margin. I could be wrong though.
DonM
7/17/2013 11:15am
I've been watching lately as well. He's fast as hell but I think RV is still faster by a tiny margin. I could be wrong though.
I thought TV made you look fatter not fasterWoohoo
Predator
7/17/2013 11:31am
Predator wrote:
Who gives a shit
frita wrote:
Someone's still a bit butt-hurt from last September. I agree. Tommy Searle beat Herlings straight up the week before Lirop 2012. Then at Lirop Herlings straight...
Someone's still a bit butt-hurt from last September.

I agree. Tommy Searle beat Herlings straight up the week before Lirop 2012. Then at Lirop Herlings straight up laps Tommy. Thats just insane that someone can be so much better on different soil. However to Herlings credit, I don't think Tommy could touch him on any surface this year. He has improved out of sight from last year. He just turned 18!
Not butt hurt, bro. I just don't give a shit. When he starts racing over here I'll give a shit.
CrashMaster
7/17/2013 11:33am
Predator wrote:
Who gives a shit
I do kid is a beast. plus you must give a shit, since you had nothing better else to do than post on this thread...
Seamorbutts
7/17/2013 11:54am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2013 12:26pm

Chill Conan!!!
CrashMaster
7/17/2013 11:58am
What thread are you reading? who here said he would lap RC multiple times, and is the greatest rider in history? Also who said that they want him to beat the USA riders? Ahhh! you must be one of those sorry fucks who just trolls around with their head up their asses and just makes shit up. A shit starter. Pathetic Laughing :
Barrett57
7/17/2013 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2013 12:31pm
It's because of stupid responses like this that makes us want America to be be beaten by anyone whether they're Germany,Dutch, French or whatever.

It's got nothing to do with wanting to see the American riders get beaten, it just great to see all the arrogant flag wavers proved wrong.

And no, I don't have pride in my country, I have this thing called a passport, and with this thing called a passport i get to travel abroad, and after the amount of traveling abroad i've done I don't have pride in my country, frankly I don't give a shit about it any more.
7/17/2013 2:50pm
What thread are you reading? who here said he would lap RC multiple times, and is the greatest rider in history? Also who said that they...
What thread are you reading? who here said he would lap RC multiple times, and is the greatest rider in history? Also who said that they want him to beat the USA riders? Ahhh! you must be one of those sorry fucks who just trolls around with their head up their asses and just makes shit up. A shit starter. Pathetic Laughing :
Unfortunately that's the most butthurt,anti-Herlings dude who can't let last year right there Laughing
ATKpilot99
7/17/2013 2:55pm
This has probably already been beaten to death. But I had just finished rewatching Motocross des Nations 2012 at Lommel for the second time. I just...
I saw it differently. Cairoli was going as fast as he needed to and when Herlings got within striking distance he turned it up and opened the gap a liitle again at the end.
St Ann More
7/17/2013 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2013 5:27pm
Cairoli set the fastest lap all weekend, the fastest race time all weekend, won every moto... and when Herlings caught him, he stepped it up and Herlings couldn't make the pass!
ATKpilot99
7/17/2013 5:43pm
Cairoli set the fastest lap all weekend, the fastest race time all weekend, won every moto... and when Herlings caught him, he stepped it up and...
Cairoli set the fastest lap all weekend, the fastest race time all weekend, won every moto... and when Herlings caught him, he stepped it up and Herlings couldn't make the pass!
Yep. I only saw it on tv but he looked like he had that last moto well under control.
wreckitrandy
7/17/2013 5:48pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I saw it differently. Cairoli was going as fast as he needed to and when Herlings got within striking distance he turned it up and opened...
I saw it differently. Cairoli was going as fast as he needed to and when Herlings got within striking distance he turned it up and opened the gap a liitle again at the end.
That's what I saw as well.
stewie94
7/17/2013 6:15pm
i got faith in this kid , i truly believe he can hang with cairoli , villopoto , dungey , stewart etc...
PressPassP
7/17/2013 7:01pm
Cairoli set the fastest lap all weekend, the fastest race time all weekend, won every moto... and when Herlings caught him, he stepped it up and...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yep. I only saw it on tv but he looked like he had that last moto well under control.
We got into this in another thread,I'd agree with the OP:
I'm a huge Cairoli fan but his laptimes basically got slower over the whole race, laps 11/12/13 slowest of all(possibly a breather but Herlings was longtime into 2nd place so possibly lapped traffic) then picked up to near his previous pace but still slower at the end

Herlings was in a heap in the 1st turn,lost a huge chunk of time while AC holeshot and laid an amazing 1st laptime helped no doubt by the partially-groomed track,a 1.54.7 (his next fastest virtually 1.56 dead on 1st lap 1st Moto!) JH84 back to back Motos,ploughed through 38 riders,getting roosted,taking unfavoured line choices was still chopping into that lead then dropped 3 seconds on lap 15 when him and Guanari clashed just as he was almost on AC,Herlings ran out of steam

At the end IMO Cairoli just had enough,Herlings charge left him plain out of gas,without that crash the race was his for the taking,who on earth can give AC that much advantage and get that close,Cairoli was rubber-necking all Moto,he knew the score,dead last to 2nd was the most impressive MXdN ride I've ever seenSmile

Tony's definately going to have some company
onthepipe
7/17/2013 9:58pm
PressPassP wrote:
We got into this in another thread,I'd agree with the OP: I'm a huge Cairoli fan but his laptimes basically got slower over the whole race...
I'm a huge Cairoli fan but his laptimes basically got slower over the whole race, laps 11/12/13 slowest of all(possibly a breather but Herlings was longtime into 2nd place so possibly lapped traffic) then picked up to near his previous pace but still slower at the end

Herlings was in a heap in the 1st turn,lost a huge chunk of time while AC holeshot and laid an amazing 1st laptime helped no doubt by the partially-groomed track,a 1.54.7 (his next fastest virtually 1.56 dead on 1st lap 1st Moto!) JH84 back to back Motos,ploughed through 38 riders,getting roosted,taking unfavoured line choices was still chopping into that lead then dropped 3 seconds on lap 15 when him and Guanari clashed just as he was almost on AC,Herlings ran out of steam

At the end IMO Cairoli just had enough,Herlings charge left him plain out of gas,without that crash the race was his for the taking,who on earth can give AC that much advantage and get that close,Cairoli was rubber-necking all Moto,he knew the score,dead last to 2nd was the most impressive MXdN ride I've ever seenSmile

Exactly right on all points!

This is why I hope Herlings picks the SXF350 again come Lierop (instead of a 125cc) and proof Cairoli wrong in the MX1 class.
MotoX85
7/17/2013 10:26pm
So why doesn't he move up and "actually" race cairoli? If I was the FMOTP, I would definitely want to do everything to prove it. He wont, and neither of them will not come to the US. Both would be lucky to break top 5 in MX and the main in SX.
MotoX85
7/17/2013 10:28pm
PressPassP wrote:
We got into this in another thread,I'd agree with the OP: I'm a huge Cairoli fan but his laptimes basically got slower over the whole race...

onthepipe wrote:
Exactly right on all points! This is why I hope Herlings picks the SXF350 again come Lierop (instead of a 125cc) and proof Cairoli wrong in...

This is why I hope Herlings picks the SXF350 again come Lierop (instead of a 125cc) and proof Cairoli wrong in the MX1 class.
I also hope that Herlings picks the 350......................and races with the adults instead of the kids. The sandbagging winner of the 250 class still finished behind the last place rider in the bigger class. Is that kind of like not moving up so you can be the C class national champion.
onthepipe
7/17/2013 11:05pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I also hope that Herlings picks the 350......................and races with the adults instead of the kids. The sandbagging winner of the 250 class still finished behind...
I also hope that Herlings picks the 350......................and races with the adults instead of the kids. The sandbagging winner of the 250 class still finished behind the last place rider in the bigger class. Is that kind of like not moving up so you can be the C class national champion.
Did you watch any of the superfinals this year? He can hang with the adults on his 250 no problem while injured. Kid's only 18...
BWRAAP
7/17/2013 11:05pm
onthepipe wrote:
Exactly right on all points! This is why I hope Herlings picks the SXF350 again come Lierop (instead of a 125cc) and proof Cairoli wrong in...

Latest news i heard is that Herlings wants to win every overall in MX2. So i guess he don't want to risk his superior streak with a 125cc ride..

Also: As soon as he is champ (probably in Czech), and he gets beaten for an overall in the MX2, he will move to MX1 for the the last rounds of this year.

Next year 100% MX2, so that's kind of boring.. BTW: Nice blog by Vurb about the MX2 championship without Herlings: http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/world-without-jeffrey/14410/
7/17/2013 11:30pm
You guys aren't even from his country, yet you want him to beat the Americans so bad. Why is that? Don't you have pride in your own country?

There's two reasons for this. Firstly, America is by far the single most dominant MX nation. Assembling a full team capable of beating your guys is incredibly hard for pretty much every country out there. It's only natural for anyone outside the U.S (if their own country just isn't going to win) to also cheer for the next most capable underdog. And lastly, the GP vs AMA thing.
7/17/2013 11:34pm
MotoX85 wrote:
So why doesn't he move up and "actually" race cairoli? If I was the FMOTP, I would definitely want to do everything to prove it. He...
So why doesn't he move up and "actually" race cairoli? If I was the FMOTP, I would definitely want to do everything to prove it. He wont, and neither of them will not come to the US. Both would be lucky to break top 5 in MX and the main in SX.
The reason is simple: Herlings won't move up to MX1 until Cairoli fades or retires because he doesn't rate his chances of winning. He'd rather race lesser competition.
kongols
7/17/2013 11:37pm
MotoX85 wrote:
So why doesn't he move up and "actually" race cairoli? If I was the FMOTP, I would definitely want to do everything to prove it. He...
The reason is simple: Herlings won't move up to MX1 until Cairoli fades or retires because he doesn't rate his chances of winning. He'd rather race...
The reason is simple: Herlings won't move up to MX1 until Cairoli fades or retires because he doesn't rate his chances of winning. He'd rather race lesser competition.
Cairoli moved up at age of 23. Herlings is 18.

Post a reply to: Herlings

The Latest