Herlings ?

CrashMaster
Edited Date/Time 4/23/2013 4:55pm
So does any one no of if Herlings plans on racing in the states when he wins the MX2 championship. Or does he plan on staying in Europe to race in the MX1 class. I personally would love to see him come and race supercross and MX, and watch him race against Roczen & everyone else. We need more of the top Euro's to come over and race and dice it up. Desalle would be another great rider to come over and race the entire outdoor season, he has already proven that he can hang with the top 450 guys.
|
SwapperMX
4/22/2013 6:06am
Are you sure you want to go there. From what I have seen published, it seems he is quite content to race the GP's and doesn't sound like he has any desires to race in the US in the short tem. Will have to see how it plays out. To see him do a one off at Southwick certainly would be interesting.
Phillips467
4/22/2013 6:06am
I think that the crashes he had when he went over to the States and attempted to ride SX may have scared him off a little bit. Right now, it does not sound as though it will happen in the near future: there has been no talks of KTM paving the way for him to head Stateside.

Although it is not confirmed, I think you will see Herlings stick to the GP's like Cairoli and try to cement his position as one of the greats over there.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/22/2013 10:19am
I would love to see him and his errigant attitude come over here and get humbled a bit. He is a hell of a rider but he would not dominate nearly as much as he does in Europe. In the sand possibly but Southwick is like hard pack compared to that desert they raced at in Lommel.
St Ann More
4/22/2013 10:28am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2013 10:34am
2014 could be a belter - whether that be him racing Cairoli and co or moving to America! Right now, he doesn't seem keen on either, but assuming he wins the title then he's gotta budge, unless they drop a bomb and change the rules here in Europe.

The Shop

4/22/2013 10:30am
who will he ride for next year, no room at the ktm inn, hear or stateside unless he stays mx2!
jamma10
4/22/2013 10:35am
He can't stay in MX2 if he wins the title this year.
nytsmaC
4/22/2013 10:40am
Unless he matures I think he would self destruct over here. Too much too young too fast. Plus he can probably make more following in the footsteps of Everts and Cairoli and who could blame him.
slipdog
4/22/2013 10:46am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2013 10:53am
who will he ride for next year, no room at the ktm inn, hear or stateside unless he stays mx2!
Roczen needs a replacement when he moves to the 450 class
4/22/2013 11:01am
A lot of people don't like Jeffrey's attitude but really.... the sport needs someone like that to take on AC (same with turning up to Lommel under all that pressure and not mentally collapsing). As many brilliant riders as there is in MX1 (16 former GP winners I think) none of them can seem to get to grips with beating Tony on a consistent basis. I'm not saying Jeffrey can beat him for a title in his first year either, but he'll certainly provide an added level of interest. And you have to think he'll take it to him in the sand. Definitely rather see him in MX1 next year than America.
Jefro98
4/22/2013 11:48am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2013 11:49am
Herlings is signed by KTM for 2014 already so who do you think will leave the MX1 team when Herlings needs to move up?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
4/22/2013 11:57am
He will almost definitely stay in Europe if it hasn't already been signed. It'll make MX1 a whole lot more interesting.
brianfagan9
4/22/2013 1:37pm
So does any one no of if Herlings plans on racing in the states when he wins the MX2 championship. Or does he plan on staying...
So does any one no of if Herlings plans on racing in the states when he wins the MX2 championship. Or does he plan on staying in Europe to race in the MX1 class. I personally would love to see him come and race supercross and MX, and watch him race against Roczen & everyone else. We need more of the top Euro's to come over and race and dice it up. Desalle would be another great rider to come over and race the entire outdoor season, he has already proven that he can hang with the top 450 guys.
If what I heard was correct about what DeSalle did at the Mexico GP last year were true than we don't need guys like that coming here. I was a huge fan until he pulled that crap and that goes for Pourcel as well.
4/23/2013 9:30am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2013 9:30am
Jefro98 wrote:
Herlings is signed by KTM for 2014 already so who do you think will leave the MX1 team when Herlings needs to move up?
Big Ken probably
DP#201
4/23/2013 11:04am
So does any one no of if Herlings plans on racing in the states when he wins the MX2 championship. Or does he plan on staying...
If what I heard was correct about what DeSalle did at the Mexico GP last year were true than we don't need guys like that coming...
If what I heard was correct about what DeSalle did at the Mexico GP last year were true than we don't need guys like that coming here. I was a huge fan until he pulled that crap and that goes for Pourcel as well.
So what did Desalle do in Mexico last year... Was it something he did on or of the track?
4/23/2013 11:52am
DP#201 wrote:
So what did Desalle do in Mexico last year... Was it something he did on or of the track?
Someone spit on Leib and Anstie either before or after the MX2 qualifier moto after it was "unanimous" that everyone would boycott qualifying. Don't remember who the smoking gun was. I do find it funny that the two guys with long standing AMA experience chose to race the qualifier though.
DP#201
4/23/2013 12:18pm
DP#201 wrote:
Someone spit on Leib and Anstie either before or after the MX2 qualifier moto after it was "unanimous" that everyone would boycott qualifying. Don't remember who...
Someone spit on Leib and Anstie either before or after the MX2 qualifier moto after it was "unanimous" that everyone would boycott qualifying. Don't remember who the smoking gun was. I do find it funny that the two guys with long standing AMA experience chose to race the qualifier though.
Someone did... of cause that is NOT okay, but was it Desalle? i let the benefits of the doubts go to Desalle..
I don't know if it was right or wrong to boycott the qualifying, but when everybody agrees, you have to do the same, or else the idea of a boycott is gone.. it is the only way the riders can change things, to hold together.. But i do find it funny that the two guys with long standing AMA experience couldn't see that :-) i don't know the english word for it, but in scandinavia vi have a word for guys like that. I see why the other riders where pissed..
CrashMaster
4/23/2013 12:25pm
I really wish 222 would give 1 outdoor season a try in the states.
DP#201
4/23/2013 12:46pm
I really wish 222 would give 1 outdoor season a try in the states.
Me to, but i think it would be unrealistic for him to win first year.. new racing format, only 2x10min practice, all new tracks etc.
I think the expectations to him would be/is sky hi.. I understand why he wouldn't go to the Nationals, anything short of victory he will be trashed by every american just waiting for RV and co. to smoke him..
Not much to win, but every thing to loose..
MXMattii
4/23/2013 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2013 2:43pm
Jefro98 wrote:
There is going to change a lot at KTM/Husqvarna... And the racing side will be rebuild also!

I talked with someone "big" in the team and he said that the line up for 2014 isn't know yet because they don't know yet if Musquin get bumped to the 450 class. If so KTM USA has 3 signed riders in the 450 class and 0 in the 250 class.

He also said That all options are possible. Also who will they will sign as new 250 riders is Roger DeCoster his choice and it isn't impossible that Herlings is on "The Man" his wish list... But maybe RDC is more keen to work with Savatgy and others they don't know yet them selfs.

@Jefro98 Tyla Rattray had also a deal with KTM. But Pro Circuit, KTM and Tyla made a deal and that was it! The MX2 World Champion who already tested the MX1 KTM packed his bag and went to the United States!
PressPassP
4/23/2013 4:55pm
DP#201 wrote:
Someone spit on Leib and Anstie either before or after the MX2 qualifier moto after it was "unanimous" that everyone would boycott qualifying. Don't remember who...
Allegedly,if it was I don't condone it,some say he gave them a mouthful of swearing etc,the race had enough bad and dangerous about it to warrant a boycott and actually taking a stand against the authorities,

I'd have probably been pretty pissed off too as most of the GP regulars were to see some guys that were new to things come in and piss up their backs so to speak,anyhow that's another argument anyhow

Herlings seems to want to stay anyway,shame for you guys over there as he's still young enough to learn SX,I don't think he'd have much trouble getting to grips with it either from some clips I've seen,the guy's a major talent for sure

Big Ken may well end up on a satellite KTM team I guess?

Post a reply to: Herlings ?

The Latest