Herlings

P
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 1:16pm
Is he scheduled to race in the US in the next couple of years?

P
|
kongols
10/1/2012 6:41am
steed 2.0 wrote:
NO
TMV wrote:
Didn't he say 2014?
If he wins MX2 next year he has to go up to MX1 but he doesn`t think he`s ready to face Cairoli so he might go stateside to have one more year on 250.
P
10/1/2012 6:42am
steed 2.0 wrote:
NO
TMV wrote:
Didn't he say 2014?
I was thinking that I heard something like that, but I wasn't sure.

P

The Shop

10/1/2012 6:59am
steed 2.0 wrote:
NO
TMV wrote:
Didn't he say 2014?
kongols wrote:
If he wins MX2 next year he has to go up to MX1 but he doesn`t think he`s ready to face Cairoli so he might go...
If he wins MX2 next year he has to go up to MX1 but he doesn`t think he`s ready to face Cairoli so he might go stateside to have one more year on 250.
A MX2 World Champion can only defend his title once, so Jeffrey will be free in 2014, He should be ready for MX1 by then. At 20yrs old he has a great shot at putting some records in the GP record book.
10/1/2012 7:03am
steed 2.0 wrote:
NO
TMV wrote:
Didn't he say 2014?
kongols wrote:
If he wins MX2 next year he has to go up to MX1 but he doesn`t think he`s ready to face Cairoli so he might go...
No, he HAS to move to the MX1 after next season anyway. If he wins the title again of not.
That why he said he is thinking about going to the USA to race a few more years in the lites class before moving to a bike bike. Cause he's only 19 then and want some more time on the 250 because he'll will have the big bike forthe rest of his career anyway. I really hope he does go to the USA next year.
Sideways
10/1/2012 7:15am
I hope he does ride in the US after next season. I love watching the AMA! Even more than watching "my own" GPs.
And the more young talented riders from Europe that goes over the better it gets for everyone, More euros wants to follow ama, Ama gets bigger.
The hardest thing for these young guys moving to the US is just that,moving. i imagine its not easy to move to a whole new part of the world when you are 18 (as Roczen for example). leaving all your friends,family and so on and at that trying to ride good motocross.
10/1/2012 7:18am
No, he HAS to move to the MX1 after next season anyway. If he wins the title again of not. That why he said he is...
No, he HAS to move to the MX1 after next season anyway. If he wins the title again of not.
That why he said he is thinking about going to the USA to race a few more years in the lites class before moving to a bike bike. Cause he's only 19 then and want some more time on the 250 because he'll will have the big bike forthe rest of his career anyway. I really hope he does go to the USA next year.
Explain why he would have to move up if he doesn't take the World Championship in 2013...curious
thekendogg
10/1/2012 8:18am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 8:18am
I really hope he does go to USA. He wouldn't be ready for MX1 by 2014, why should he move up to MX1 at 20, he has plenty of time to do that when he's older anyway. Whether he would win titles I don't know, but if he was there this year the "Big 5" would be the "Big 6" (with a win at Southwick Wink )

I also think, like it or not, Herlings has the ego and self-confidence to move to and race in the states. I imagine he would want to beat everyone on both sides of the pond to be the undisputed fastest 250 rider in the world (whether he does or not is another question...). I'll be cheering him on if he moves to the states, I know that for sure!
TMV
10/1/2012 8:25am
thekendogg wrote:
I really hope he does go to USA. He wouldn't be ready for MX1 by 2014, why should he move up to MX1 at 20, he...
I really hope he does go to USA. He wouldn't be ready for MX1 by 2014, why should he move up to MX1 at 20, he has plenty of time to do that when he's older anyway. Whether he would win titles I don't know, but if he was there this year the "Big 5" would be the "Big 6" (with a win at Southwick Wink )

I also think, like it or not, Herlings has the ego and self-confidence to move to and race in the states. I imagine he would want to beat everyone on both sides of the pond to be the undisputed fastest 250 rider in the world (whether he does or not is another question...). I'll be cheering him on if he moves to the states, I know that for sure!
I second the "Big 6" thing...
cider racer
10/1/2012 9:30am
I think if theres no GP on the weekend of Southwick I think you will see him there.

Unless by some mircle he is in a Championship battle then he might not go but as Searle, Roelants, Van Horebeek, Osborne are all leaving that class he should have it fairly easy.
10/1/2012 9:33am
I think if theres no GP on the weekend of Southwick I think you will see him there. Unless by some mircle he is in a...
I think if theres no GP on the weekend of Southwick I think you will see him there.

Unless by some mircle he is in a Championship battle then he might not go but as Searle, Roelants, Van Horebeek, Osborne are all leaving that class he should have it fairly easy.
He had it easy this year....
BWRAAP
10/1/2012 9:35am
Explain why he would have to move up if he doesn't take the World Championship in 2013...curious
Rules.. After winning the titel, you can only run the class one more year, even if you crash out after the first race, or if you just aint good enough.
P
10/1/2012 10:37am
It'a a little hard to believe that he would stay in Europe in his prime, if he is as cocky as they say that he is. Also, what are the top guys making in Europe, money wise?

P
steed 2.0
10/1/2012 10:39am
P wrote:
It'a a little hard to believe that he would stay in Europe in his prime, if he is as cocky as they say that he is...
It'a a little hard to believe that he would stay in Europe in his prime, if he is as cocky as they say that he is. Also, what are the top guys making in Europe, money wise?

P
homesick, do you know a cure?
slipdog
10/1/2012 10:43am
P wrote:
It'a a little hard to believe that he would stay in Europe in his prime, if he is as cocky as they say that he is...

P
steed 2.0 wrote:
I bet an AMA championship would do the trick...
kongols
10/1/2012 10:46am
P wrote:

P
I would say Cairoli is making 3-5.
steed 2.0
10/1/2012 10:47am
P wrote:

P
steed 2.0 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
I bet an AMA championship would do the trick...
which American flew back home after each GP?
P
10/1/2012 10:49am
P wrote:

P
steed 2.0 wrote:
Ass and tits? Wait, fine ass and tits.

P
P
10/1/2012 10:52am
P wrote:

P
kongols wrote:
Damn, they are making money. I can't blame them for not coming over, but then again I would think that they would do it just to prove a point. After a certain point you need new challenges.

P
10/1/2012 10:53am
BWRAAP wrote:
Rules.. After winning the titel, you can only run the class one more year, even if you crash out after the first race, or if you...
Rules.. After winning the titel, you can only run the class one more year, even if you crash out after the first race, or if you just aint good enough.
Dug into my FIM rule book, you are right , I was a little confused with Gaston Rahier, Harry Everts and Alessio Chiodi having multiple Championships but that was in the old 125 class. I would guess that a double World Championship in MX2 would pretty well leave you with a sense of nothing else to accomplish here....
Dasmonger
Fantasy
277th
10/1/2012 10:55am
steed 2.0 wrote:
I moved from Holland to the USA when I was just 18. Took me less than month to get over it..Never looked back. 30+ years stil here and everytime I go back to Holland, I just can't wait to go back to California.. I feel sorry for I the family members left behind. So many convinced themselves they have the best life, when in reality they are barely living, IMO..

He would love it here and could make great money...
10/1/2012 11:03am
P wrote:

P
kongols wrote:
I hope you mean 300.000 - 500.000 euro a year otherwise you're wayyyy of.
Cairoli is one of the best paid riders since Everts but I doubt that he makes more than a million euro a year.
steed 2.0
10/1/2012 11:04am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 11:13am
P wrote:

P
steed 2.0 wrote:
P wrote:

P
you can inform me are the girls better over there than here?

[
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&rlz=1G1ACAW_NLNL503&q=dutch+models&um…
thekendogg
10/1/2012 12:12pm
P wrote:
Damn, they are making money. I can't blame them for not coming over, but then again I would think that they would do it just to...
Damn, they are making money. I can't blame them for not coming over, but then again I would think that they would do it just to prove a point. After a certain point you need new challenges.

P
You could argue why don't the top US guys race the World Championships to give themselves a new challenge? The current GP riders have nothing to prove to anyone, I think last weekend proved that of anything, it's the other way about.

Why should the GP riders leave when they can live at/near home, with their family, earning a nice pay packet, racing and enjoying it?
thekendogg
10/1/2012 12:18pm
And to further that point, surely it is more prestigious to be able to say you're a World Champion at what you do, and not just National American Champion. The US guys should be motivated to become a World Champion, the ultimate challenge.
lestat
10/1/2012 12:28pm
P wrote:
Damn, they are making money. I can't blame them for not coming over, but then again I would think that they would do it just to...

P
i would love to see villopoto and/or dungey take up a new challenge and race the gp series .
P
10/1/2012 12:29pm
thekendogg wrote:
And to further that point, surely it is more prestigious to be able to say you're a World Champion at what you do, and not just...
And to further that point, surely it is more prestigious to be able to say you're a World Champion at what you do, and not just National American Champion. The US guys should be motivated to become a World Champion, the ultimate challenge.
From what I've heard that money in the US is better, the facilities are better, and the overall competition is better. The USA lost one race yet the recent imports from Europe haven't really put a stamp on the US series like many said they would. If I were a euro guy I would want to "put a stamp on it." One race doesn't do that.

P
P
10/1/2012 12:31pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
P wrote:

P
steed 2.0 wrote:
you can inform me are the girls better over there than here? [img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ARpclMLQ-Mo/TPj-NsG2jFI/AAAAAAAAAC0/59a_OvN_BpE/s1600/Yolanthe%2BCabau%2Bvan%2BKasbergen01.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.castingnieuws.nl/files/u_redactie3_5404/KimFeenstra_167895k.jpg[/img][ http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&rlz=1G1ACAW_NLNL503&q=dutch+models&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=2NlpUKa3EarO0QXGpoCoAw&biw=1024&bih=569&sei=29lpUKToLuGw0QXWzYDwCA#um=1&hl=nl&safe=off&rlz=1G1ACAW_NLNL503&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=dutch+models&oq=dutch+models&gs_l=img.12...15022.20407.2.21504.11.11.0.0.0.0.80.738.11.11.0...0.0...1c.1.AsQkGcHDWac&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=79ded68799d4d077&biw=1024&bih=569
you can inform me are the girls better over there than here?

[
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&rlz=1G1ACAW_NLNL503&q=dutch+models&um…
There are nice sets everywhere, but the point is they will cure homesickness. #1 objective is racing, the rest is just to make you feel at home.

P

Post a reply to: Herlings

The Latest