Here’s what every Ken Roczen Super Fan should know

colorado2day
1/1/2017 8:13pm
Redbull.com/motorsports//ken-roczen-super-fan

Kenny thought about trying to ride a RM 250 2 stroke at the Last Round of the Outdoors in 2016 but the AMA shot him down over Homogenization rules. For sure Kenny riding a 2 stroke would NOT have Been in the "Best Interest of the Sport."

|
TeamGreen
1/1/2017 8:14pm
If true...

That SUCKS ASS!
ledger
1/1/2017 8:34pm
As my granny would say....That's a crock of shit. Shame on AMA and the word homogated.
BobPA
1/1/2017 8:38pm
I do not know how competitive he would be pushing that bike down the start straight...

The Shop

FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
1/1/2017 8:43pm
What are the rules on pasteurization ?
1/1/2017 8:43pm
Next you are going to complain about the speed limit? Rules are rules and that rule has been around for many years now.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/1/2017 9:02pm
Homogenization?

I was told the bike was never close to being ready.
zehn
1/1/2017 9:04pm
Yeah....

We know
colorado2day
1/1/2017 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2017 9:59pm
Kenny recently rode Jeremy McGrath’s 1996 250 Honda 2 Stroke in Jeremy’s old Fox gear.

Honda signed Roczen for big money to try and re-capture the glory days of Honda that McGrath was part of when he won four supercross titles in the span from 93-96 and when McGrath also won the 250 Outdoor title in 1995.
On a 2 Stroke.

No matter how you feel about young Mr. Roczen at least he is doing something with 2 strokes !

[b]homogenization i.e[/b]
ho·mo·ge·ne·ous
adjective.

1. Consisting of parts that are the same; uniform in structure or composition:
2. Of the same or similar nature or kind:

homologate

verb (used with object), homologated, homologating.
1. to approve; confirm or ratify.

731chopper
Fantasy
390th
1/1/2017 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2017 9:27pm
I'm a two stroke lover. They're all I own these days but these rules are nothing new. Suzuki stopped making big bike two strokes so if a finger needs to be pointed somewhere as to why Kenny couldn't ride his RM250 for a victory race, it is at Suzuki. Honda doesn't make any, period so it isn't going to happen this year or any time soon.

Dungey could possibly do it at KTM if he wrapped up a championship early but he isn't that outgoing so that isn't going to happen either.
Starcrossed
1/1/2017 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2017 9:37pm
[b]Kenny recently rode Jeremy McGrath’s 1996 250 Honda 2 Stroke in Jeremy’s old Fox gear[/b]. Honda signed Roczen for big money to try and re-capture the...
Kenny recently rode Jeremy McGrath’s 1996 250 Honda 2 Stroke in Jeremy’s old Fox gear.

Honda signed Roczen for big money to try and re-capture the glory days of Honda that McGrath was part of when he won four supercross titles in the span from 93-96 and when McGrath also won the 250 Outdoor title in 1995.
On a 2 Stroke.

No matter how you feel about young Mr. Roczen at least he is doing something with 2 strokes !

[b]homogenization i.e[/b]
ho·mo·ge·ne·ous
adjective.

1. Consisting of parts that are the same; uniform in structure or composition:
2. Of the same or similar nature or kind:

homologate

verb (used with object), homologated, homologating.
1. to approve; confirm or ratify.

Glad we got that one straightened out. Now they are going to have to change the rule book, but at least all of us can start calling it "Homogenization," and begin using the correct term.

The dictionary is wrong too http://www.dictionary.com/browse/homogenization
kiwifan
1/1/2017 9:39pm
731chopper wrote:
I'm a two stroke lover. They're all I own these days but these rules are nothing new. Suzuki stopped making big bike two strokes so if...
I'm a two stroke lover. They're all I own these days but these rules are nothing new. Suzuki stopped making big bike two strokes so if a finger needs to be pointed somewhere as to why Kenny couldn't ride his RM250 for a victory race, it is at Suzuki. Honda doesn't make any, period so it isn't going to happen this year or any time soon.

Dungey could possibly do it at KTM if he wrapped up a championship early but he isn't that outgoing so that isn't going to happen either.
Are you sure Honda or Suzuki wont even make them again?
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
1/1/2017 9:43pm
kiwifan wrote:
No. I wouldn't be shocked if Suzuki did but I would be genuinely surprised if Honda did, especially if it was a big bike.
colorado2day
1/1/2017 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2017 11:52pm
zehn wrote:
This is just Roczen pulling a Reed and drumming up attention and drama on social media was planning or better hoping on racing this bad boy...
Some of ya'all take things a little too serious. Just having fun with Kenny and his obvious like of 2 strokes.

And what hell is wrong with a little drumming up attention and drama on social media ?

You mist the main point of ...... What every....Roczen Super Fan should know ?

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/offroad/stories//ken-roczen-super-fan-profile

Here’s what every Ken Roczen super fan should know
Your complete guide to everything you need to be up to speed on the freshly crowned 450 MX champ.

By Aaron Hansel on 24 August 2016

Want to make the transition from casual to Ken Roczen super fan?

Already a super fan and just want to brush up?

Either way, the guide below is sure to increase your knowledge of the German superstar who is making waves in America.

The Basics
Birthdate: April 29, 1994
Home town: Apolda, Germany
Current Residence: Clermont, Florida
Height: 5’10”/178cm
Weight: 158 lbs/71.5kg

Superstar Credentials
2011: MX2 World Champion
2012: Motocross of Nations Champion, along with Max Nagl and Marcus Schiffer
2013: 250 AMA Supercross West Coast Champion
2014: 450 AMA Motocross National Champion
2016: 450 AMA Motocross National Champion

Nicknames
Kenny, KROC, Evil, and KenSauce.

Ken says, “KenSauce is a new one in our camp. Everyone is (name)sauce.”

Non-Moto Hobbies
Golfing, going to the lake, mountain biking and anything outdoors.

Pets
Roczen used to own an Olde English Bulldogge named Rocky, but doesn’t have any pets at the moment, although that could change soon.

“Since Rocky moved back to Germany to live with Papa I haven’t got a new pet here in the United States. Traveling is so hard that there just isn’t any time yet for a pet. Soon though! Maybe in the next year.

"I’m leaning toward a chocolate lab because he will be able to travel. Not all airlines will allow you to travel with a bulldog anymore so I have to find a new breed. Or a German Shepherd. Regardless, he will be all over Instagram once he makes his debut! He probably won’t have his own Instagram account though!”

His Rides
In addition to riding one of the best motocross bikes in the world, Roczen also rides in style when he’s being transported by four wheels. One look at his vehicle list is proof of that!
2017 Audi R8
2013 Audi A6
2014 Ram 1500 (tow vehicle with the bus)
2013 GMC Duramax Van. “It was Jessy Nelsen’s old van. He always tells me that misses her and wants her back!”

First Car
Toyota Tundra.

Favourite Track of all Time
“That’s hard to say. I’ve ridden so many! Probably Matterley Basin in England.”

Five Favorite Songs
New Level by A$AP Ferg
Trap Vibes by Meek Mill
May We All by Florida Georgia Line, featuring Tim McGraw
Life is a Honeymoon by Florida Georgia Line, featuring Ziggy Marley
Setting the World on Fire by Kenny Chesney, featuring P!NK

Languages Spoken
English, German, and Flemish.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/1/2017 10:35pm
He has a new French bulldog puppy.
colorado2day
1/1/2017 11:41pm
Next you are going to complain about the speed limit? Rules are rules and that rule has been around for many years now.
If he still rode for KTM this would have be a non-issue ?

KTM Orange Punch

colorado2day
1/2/2017 12:13am
Glad we got that one straightened out. Now they are going to have to change the rule book, but at least all of us can start...
Glad we got that one straightened out. Now they are going to have to change the rule book, but at least all of us can start calling it "Homogenization," and begin using the correct term.

The dictionary is wrong too http://www.dictionary.com/browse/homogenization
From the dictionary for kids:
One entry found for homogeneous.
Main Entry: ho·mo·ge·neous

Function: adjective
1 : of the same or a similar kind or nature
2 : being the same throughout

http://www.wordcentral.com/Student=homogeneous
bvm111
1/2/2017 1:41am
What... no I hadn't heard that!?
philG
1/2/2017 2:38am
FGR01 wrote:
What are the rules on pasteurization ?
i see what you did there
HenryA
1/2/2017 2:58am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2017 2:58am
bvm111 wrote:
What... no I hadn't heard that!?
Old but gold Grinning
colorado2day
1/2/2017 10:20am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2017 10:25am

This is no normal factory machine. Roczen’s smooth Euro style allows him to run soft suspension with an engine that is easy to ride. MXA said it[b] reminded them of a Vet rider’s bike setup[/b]
Kenny likes the brunt of his power delivery from bottom to mid. He [b]rides wide open only about 2 percent of the time.[/b]

[b]MXA:[/b] WE RIDE KEN ROCZEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNING SUZUKI RM-Z450

motocrossactionmag.com/bike-tests/we-ride-ken-roczens-championship-winning-rm-z450

"Ken Roczen learned to be an efficient rider in Europe. The MXGP tracks he grew up on are much rougher and are ill maintained compared to the AMA National tracks. This taught Ken to carry his momentum on the track, with his agile right hand to meter the throttle. With a style that separates him from his American counterparts, Kenny has used this European grace to his advantage, and with his unique style of riding comes an unconventional bike setup—a setup that gives him an edge over the competition."

germansxguy
Fantasy
647th
1/4/2017 3:18am
It wasn´t just pulling a Reed. The year he won the MX2 World Championship he raced the last race on a 125ccm 2 Stroke.
omalley
1/4/2017 7:13am
kiwifan wrote:
731chopper wrote:
No. I wouldn't be shocked if Suzuki did but I would be genuinely surprised if Honda did, especially if it was a big bike.
My understanding is that "2-stroke" is like a four-letter word at Honda corporate. If memory serves, they never really wanted to make them in the first place, but their desire to be competitive overruled that from the 70's until four-strokes returned.
Pepe
1/4/2017 7:27am
kiwifan wrote:
731chopper wrote:
omalley wrote:
My understanding is that "2-stroke" is like a four-letter word at Honda corporate. If memory serves, they never really wanted to make them in the first...
My understanding is that "2-stroke" is like a four-letter word at Honda corporate. If memory serves, they never really wanted to make them in the first place, but their desire to be competitive overruled that from the 70's until four-strokes returned.
Their desire to be competitive still didn't over rule it completely. In 1983, Honda dumped ungodly amounts of money into the NS500 project. A space-age level of engineering and money went into building a 4 stroke G.P. bike to run with the two strokes. It failed miserably, best it did was about a 7th in a depleted field. Very next year, they signed Fast Freddie Spencer and put him on the first NSR500 two-stroke. It's a widely accepted suspicion that the push for 990cc fourstrokes by Honda in 00-01 was leftover butthurt from the NS500 project, and the 990s are what ultimately led to the 450 singles in MX by Honda a year later. I could go on for days about how Honda is truly a parasite stuck to the intestinal wall of every professional racing series they compete in, but I won't, because no one cares.
colorado2day
1/4/2017 7:34am
Pepe wrote:
Their desire to be competitive still didn't over rule it completely. In 1983, Honda dumped ungodly amounts of money into the NS500 project. A space-age level...
Their desire to be competitive still didn't over rule it completely. In 1983, Honda dumped ungodly amounts of money into the NS500 project. A space-age level of engineering and money went into building a 4 stroke G.P. bike to run with the two strokes. It failed miserably, best it did was about a 7th in a depleted field. Very next year, they signed Fast Freddie Spencer and put him on the first NSR500 two-stroke. It's a widely accepted suspicion that the push for 990cc fourstrokes by Honda in 00-01 was leftover butthurt from the NS500 project, and the 990s are what ultimately led to the 450 singles in MX by Honda a year later. I could go on for days about how Honda is truly a parasite stuck to the intestinal wall of every professional racing series they compete in, but I won't, because no one cares.
Can we hear a quick indy car and F1 story. Pleaseee.

Post a reply to: Here’s what every Ken Roczen Super Fan should know

The Latest