Here's what I like about Townley

500guy
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:10pm
Saturday he was a little off pace and very ticked off when the qualifying race was over.

Sunday , Moto 1 he rode what I thought was a little wild but very inspired, eventually had to retire.

Moto 2 he had it figured out and just destroyed the them going away.

That is a guy with Heart and I like it.
|
Outsider
6/3/2010 7:34am
What's this, a positive post? Wink

Townley really seemed to want that one, was cool to watch for sure.
DoctorJD
6/3/2010 7:39am
As soon as his fitness gets up to par, BT will be a constant presence on the podium. I see him winning a few motos before the season is over.
pie8man
6/3/2010 7:43am
The more the merrier at the top of the class. I shouldn't have been shocked but I have to say that BT101 shocked me at Hangtown and at the GP. I hope he can keep the get offs to a minimum and take a run at Reed and Alessi who are clearly the standouts right now.
kardy
6/3/2010 7:55am
DoctorJD wrote:
As soon as his fitness gets up to par, BT will be a constant presence on the podium. I see him winning a few motos before...
As soon as his fitness gets up to par, BT will be a constant presence on the podium. I see him winning a few motos before the season is over.
Before the season is over? I see him winning a couple of motos before this weekend is over...

The Shop

500guy
6/3/2010 8:01am
DoctorJD wrote:
As soon as his fitness gets up to par, BT will be a constant presence on the podium. I see him winning a few motos before...
kardy wrote:
Before the season is over? I see him winning a couple of motos before this weekend is over...
I think that this weekend will prove just how much Mike tanked his moto's at the GP.
6/3/2010 8:06am
BT101 definately adds another layer of complexity to the sport, and it was great to see another rider up front that not only wants to win, but even more so does not want to lose. Professionals like him add class to our sport.

And I am guessing with folks like BT101, MA800 and CR22 aiming for the same fast line in a turn here and there, more excitement will follow.

Freestone will definately show us who has the fitness to back up their speed. Should be a good one!
6/3/2010 8:24am
BT101 definately adds another layer of complexity to the sport, and it was great to see another rider up front that not only wants to win...
BT101 definately adds another layer of complexity to the sport, and it was great to see another rider up front that not only wants to win, but even more so does not want to lose. Professionals like him add class to our sport.

And I am guessing with folks like BT101, MA800 and CR22 aiming for the same fast line in a turn here and there, more excitement will follow.

Freestone will definately show us who has the fitness to back up their speed. Should be a good one!
why do you use BT101, MA800, and CR22 instead of saying Townley, Alessi or Reed?

What are you 11 years old?
SL91
6/3/2010 8:29am
BT101 definately adds another layer of complexity to the sport, and it was great to see another rider up front that not only wants to win...

* wrote:
why do you use BT101, MA800, and CR22 instead of saying Townley, Alessi or Reed?

lighten up
chrisbuehler
6/3/2010 8:36am
DoctorJD wrote:
kardy wrote:
500guy wrote:
I think that this weekend will prove just how much Mike tanked his moto's at the GP.
X2. Ben rode great at the GP but Mikey flys at Freestone. Look for Dungey to regain his form too, he's coming with something to prove. Prob the two best conditioned guys out there.
mxgeoff
6/3/2010 8:49am
DoctorJD wrote:
kardy wrote:
500guy wrote:
Or it might prove just how fast the GP riders are.....Anyone with half a brain knows that Alessi was giving it his all, as was Townley. Racers always race for the win and both those guys are racers.
6/3/2010 8:50am
* wrote:

I am a CPA, I spell better with numbers.
500guy
6/3/2010 8:52am
kardy wrote:
500guy wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Or it might prove just how fast the GP riders are.....Anyone with half a brain knows that Alessi was giving it his all, as was Townley...
Or it might prove just how fast the GP riders are.....Anyone with half a brain knows that Alessi was giving it his all, as was Townley. Racers always race for the win and both those guys are racers.
So Townley is a GP rider stuck in an AMA riders body ?

Anyone with half a brain knows Alessi was way off, he didn't suddenly get slow between Saturday and Sunday.
kardy
6/3/2010 9:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:18pm
X2. Ben rode great at the GP but Mikey flys at Freestone. Look for Dungey to regain his form too, he's coming with something to prove...
X2. Ben rode great at the GP but Mikey flys at Freestone. Look for Dungey to regain his form too, he's coming with something to prove. Prob the two best conditioned guys out there.
Pretty sure everyone said Mikey flies at Glen Helen, too... and Ben had him covered.

Hey I'm no Townley fanboy by any means, I like him just fine, but the dude is gonna be on fire after that win at GH...
mxgeoff
6/3/2010 9:06am
500guy wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Or it might prove just how fast the GP riders are.....Anyone with half a brain knows that Alessi was giving it his all, as was Townley...
500guy wrote:
So Townley is a GP rider stuck in an AMA riders body ? Anyone with half a brain knows Alessi was way off, he didn't suddenly...

Anyone with half a brain knows Alessi was way off, he didn't suddenly get slow between Saturday and Sunday.
500guy, you need to check Cairoli's qualification races this year. He hardly ever wins them, but come Sunday he is on fire. So you are saying that Alessi only goes fast on Saturdays?? Well lucky he is in the AMA series then.
500guy
6/3/2010 9:09am
mxgeoff wrote:
500guy wrote:
So Townley is a GP rider stuck in an AMA riders body ? Anyone with half a brain knows Alessi was way off, he didn't suddenly...

mxgeoff wrote:
500guy, you need to check Cairoli's qualification races this year. He hardly ever wins them, but come Sunday he is on fire. So you are saying...
500guy, you need to check Cairoli's qualification races this year. He hardly ever wins them, but come Sunday he is on fire. So you are saying that Alessi only goes fast on Saturdays?? Well lucky he is in the AMA series then.
I've been to the last 12 Nationals, the World Cup and now a GP at Glen Helen.

I have a better then good idea of how fast everyone was. Not diminishing Cairoli because he's awesome but Alessi was way off on Sunday.
chrisbuehler
6/3/2010 9:11am
X2. Ben rode great at the GP but Mikey flys at Freestone. Look for Dungey to regain his form too, he's coming with something to prove...
kardy wrote:
Pretty sure everyone said Mikey flies at Glen Helen, too... and Ben had him covered. Hey I'm no Townley fanboy by any means, I like him...
Pretty sure everyone said Mikey flies at Glen Helen, too... and Ben had him covered.

Hey I'm no Townley fanboy by any means, I like him just fine, but the dude is gonna be on fire after that win at GH...
Conspiracy theories aside, I think Mike's just keeping sharp for the races that actually matter. Ben rode great at GH no doubt but did he really gain that much speed from when Mike gapped the field by 20sec at Hangtown? Dongey Alessi Reed podium this weekend in no peticular order.
joe101uk
6/3/2010 9:17am
500guy wrote:

mxgeoff wrote:
500guy, you need to check Cairoli's qualification races this year. He hardly ever wins them, but come Sunday he is on fire. So you are saying...
500guy wrote:
I've been to the last 12 Nationals, the World Cup and now a GP at Glen Helen. I have a better then good idea of how...

I have a better then good idea of how fast everyone was. Not diminishing Cairoli because he's awesome but Alessi was way off on Sunday.
Everyone knows that Saturday is used for just getting yourself a decent gate pick. If a rider is in the top 10 they usually don't push too hard.

Sunday is way different. Alessi just couldn't hack Cairoli when it came to race time.
Sherwood
6/3/2010 9:22am
kardy wrote:
500guy wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Sorry champ but BT101 isn't a GP rider anymore.

Just like Osborne isn't an AMA rider anymore.
chrisbuehler
6/3/2010 9:28am
500guy wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Sorry champ but BT101 isn't a GP rider anymore.

Just like Osborne isn't an AMA rider anymore.
What crazy logic! Chad Reed is a GP rider right?
mxgeoff
6/3/2010 9:28am
500guy wrote:

mxgeoff wrote:
500guy wrote:
I've been to the last 12 Nationals, the World Cup and now a GP at Glen Helen. I have a better then good idea of how...

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you were so up to date. My excuses.....
Outsider
6/3/2010 9:31am
Doesn't Mike tend to fold when he gets any sort of pressure?
PaleBlue
6/3/2010 9:33am
500guy wrote:

mxgeoff wrote:
500guy wrote:

World Cup????? It doesnt start till next week fella! Equally clueless re football?
500guy
6/3/2010 9:37am
mxgeoff wrote:
500guy wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:
World Cup????? It doesnt start till next week fella! Equally clueless re football?
Yes

You know the World Cup that happened when Youthstream went around the AMA to have the MXoN on an Indian Reservation and YS plus the Comp park people basically stole the money ?

The Glen Helen made this race to slam them and show them how good they were ?

yup the same people who just turned their jackets inside out and are now best mates !
PaleBlue
6/3/2010 9:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:18pm
500guy wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:
500guy wrote:
Yes You know the World Cup that happened when Youthstream went around the AMA to have the MXoN on an Indian Reservation and YS plus the...
Yes

You know the World Cup that happened when Youthstream went around the AMA to have the MXoN on an Indian Reservation and YS plus the Comp park people basically stole the money ?

yup the same people who just turned their jackets inside out and are now best mates !
? Wassat anybody? (else)
mxgeoff
6/3/2010 9:54am
500guy wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:
500guy wrote:
Yes You know the World Cup that happened when Youthstream went around the AMA to have the MXoN on an Indian Reservation and YS plus the...
Yes

That was Dorna you idiot...
txmxer
6/3/2010 9:57am
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Ben's got.

Often it's tough to come back after being off and injured. He's riding great. Keep rolling BT101!
Hanaa80
6/3/2010 10:02am
Please, can we have one more thread about the GP vs. AMA? I think it hasn't been discussed enough yet...
ocscottie
6/3/2010 10:03am
I have been on the BT bandwagon since the first time he was on DMXS, dude is a riot! i am so glad he is healthy and back up to speed. Lets hope and pray he keeps it on 2 wheels and up in the front of the pack where he belongs all summer long!

Also looks like he has been keeping updates on his site: http://www.bentownleymx.com/

GO BT101!
bobby397
6/3/2010 10:09am
kardy wrote:
haha, thats what i was thinking!

Post a reply to: Here's what I like about Townley

The Latest