Here's the 2019 Suzukis

Neo78
7/18/2018 11:04am
Gillboy67 wrote:
Well I get to save some $$$ in 19 love my 18 and she is all set up and works awesome and with the PROVEN motor...
Well I get to save some $$$ in 19 love my 18 and she is all set up and works awesome and with the PROVEN motor mods its a holeshot machine. BUT DAMN I WANT THAT E START!!!! lmao
Neo78 wrote:
A veteran rider friend, has fitted the E-Start off the RMX on his 18 RMZ - Could be an option
How is that even possible? Youd have to use the entire RMX engine pretty much? Not saying its not true, but Id really like to know...
How is that even possible? Youd have to use the entire RMX engine pretty much? Not saying its not true, but Id really like to know for future reference.
I’m not gonna lie, myself I can change air filter, oil filter and oil that’s about it, so I can’t say what he did. I do know it cost over £600 just for the parts
7/18/2018 11:08am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 11:11am
Yeah, it would be about that expensive lol. New cylinder, head, and entire engine cases. It can be done, but way, way too expensive. Plus, youd basically have a 2010 rmz450/rmx450z engine when youre finished. Thats why the rmx is so heavy; the estart was just bodged onto the engine.
7/22/2018 8:11pm
Had to look outside American media to find photos of it being ridden.

drt410
7/22/2018 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 8:49pm
Neo78 wrote:
A veteran rider friend, has fitted the E-Start off the RMX on his 18 RMZ - Could be an option
How is that even possible? Youd have to use the entire RMX engine pretty much? Not saying its not true, but Id really like to know...
How is that even possible? Youd have to use the entire RMX engine pretty much? Not saying its not true, but Id really like to know for future reference.
Neo78 wrote:
I’m not gonna lie, myself I can change air filter, oil filter and oil that’s about it, so I can’t say what he did. I do...
I’m not gonna lie, myself I can change air filter, oil filter and oil that’s about it, so I can’t say what he did. I do know it cost over £600 just for the parts
Nice

The Shop

drt410
7/22/2018 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 8:42pm
Yeah, it would be about that expensive lol. New cylinder, head, and entire engine cases. It can be done, but way, way too expensive. Plus, youd...
Yeah, it would be about that expensive lol. New cylinder, head, and entire engine cases. It can be done, but way, way too expensive. Plus, youd basically have a 2010 rmz450/rmx450z engine when youre finished. Thats why the rmx is so heavy; the estart was just bodged onto the engine.
I was debating doing this in reverse for a yz250f before it had the estart lol. I was gonna but a yzf250x with the e-start and try to convert the whole bike into a yz250f. Then I realized I was retarded and didnt do it.

Its weird though how yamaha already had a 250f with electric start for a few years but created a whole new one for the race bike. The 250x has the start motor in front of the cylinder- which seems good for weight placement, but the 250f has it in the rear like the rest of the other race bikes. Anyone know why that is?
Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
7/22/2018 8:59pm
They may be lacking innovation, but those bikes sure do look good. I’d actually like to have one, but honestly I don’t think I could go back to a 250 and def don’t need a 450. I’m slow as shit, but I love the power of my 350sxf. I wish Suzuki or Kawi would make one
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/22/2018 9:02pm
Yeah, it would be about that expensive lol. New cylinder, head, and entire engine cases. It can be done, but way, way too expensive. Plus, youd...
drt410 wrote:
I was debating doing this in reverse for a yz250f before it had the estart lol. I was gonna but a yzf250x with the e-start and...
I was debating doing this in reverse for a yz250f before it had the estart lol. I was gonna but a yzf250x with the e-start and try to convert the whole bike into a yz250f. Then I realized I was retarded and didnt do it.

Its weird though how yamaha already had a 250f with electric start for a few years but created a whole new one for the race bike. The 250x has the start motor in front of the cylinder- which seems good for weight placement, but the 250f has it in the rear like the rest of the other race bikes. Anyone know why that is?
Lighter build due to the drive mechanism location and case design to match.
CSAR FE
7/22/2018 11:21pm
It seems to me that the Suzuki’s might be the cheapest way to get into the sport since the death of all but one of the Japanese two strokes (if you want a freshie). The dealers are practically giving them away, given the prices they’re going for. Under $6k for a brand new 450? I’m a Husky guy these days, but if I was hard up for money and wanted to ride, it would be hard to pass up a new zook.... but I’m not, so there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that you’d see one in my garage any time soon.
7/24/2018 7:58am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 7:59am
From Valenti' site on the new RMZ 250 :
Suzuki presents the RM-Z 250 2019

The Hamamatsu House spreads the first official photos of its new 250 from the cross.

Its look is inspired by the breathtaking RM-Z450 and resumes traditional Suzuki styles, with a characteristic beak fender.

Thanks to the unpublished chassis and the updated engine, the RM-Z250 is ready to dictate the law in the race as to accompany the amateurs in the occasional outings.

Suzuki unveils the RM-Z250 2019 and rewrites the rules of the quarter-liter class motorcycle segment. In designing this model, Hamamatsu engineers have set themselves a well-defined goal: to achieve a perfect balance, which allows Suzuki pilots to stand out on tracks all over the world for years to come. The technicians have worked at 360 degrees, on all three areas able to bring the performance to a higher level: "Run", "Turn" and "Stop", ie departure, cornering behavior and braking.

The RM-Z250 2019 therefore still raises the bar with respect to the performance of the current model and is ready to compete at the highest level of its category.

A winning balance

The RM-Z250 2019 makes the most progress in terms of driveability and speed in corners. The effectiveness of the whole chassis is optimized for an incomparable driving precision on any terrain; the merit goes to the stable aluminum frame and the hydroformed swingarm, designed from scratch. The handlebar of the Renthal Fatbar has also been developed for the new chassis. The set-up is then the result of an accurate set-up of the Kayaba fork with traditional springs developed specifically for the Hamamatsu house, which wants to make the search for the right setting more and more intuitive and fast. The rear shock has a new design and internal calibration, but maintains the wide range of adjustments of the previous model. The braking systems have been improved and strengthened, thanks to a completely new pump both at the front and rear, and at a front disc that has an increased diameter of 20mm. In order to make ground contact efficient, the new Dunlop Geomax MX33 tires have been fitted as standard, bringing with them all the innovations developed in collaborations with the American and European official teams.

The superstructures are derived from the RM-Z450 2018 and express great dynamism. The front is characterized by the beak fender, which is a distinctive feature of the glorious off-road Suzuki. The various elements make the RM-Z250 2019 leaner and streamlined, ensuring a perfect driving position for riders of all sizes.

A burning shot

The single cylinder of the RM-Z250 2019 benefits from important upgrades in terms of intake, injection system, electronics, thermal unit and exhaust system. The interventions result in faster responses to the accelerator, in a higher torque and in a higher maximum power. Beyond the absolute values, this Suzuki engine has an incredibly progressive and linear delivery, the ideal to put at ease any pilot and to allow the agonists to express themselves at the highest levels.

To take full advantage of all this potential, the driver has the advanced Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control system (S-HAC). For all other driving situations, Suzuki has developed an ingenious traction management device that regulates the power delivered by the engine based on parameters such as speed, throttle position and gear engaged. Simple and ingenious, it improves the motility on every bottom and gives the possibility to each rider to improve his lap times on any track, making the bike even more fun and easy to manage.

The production of the RM-Z250 2019 will start in December and the first deliveries will take place at the beginning of 2019.
make1go
7/24/2018 8:07am
lol the 4th paragraph, translations not quite expressing the intent..
nate 415
7/24/2018 8:11am
Hcallz5 wrote:
I imagine Suzuki engineers feel about like GM engineers did in 1998. Toyota has the legendary Camry, Honda has the iconic Accord, what does GM have...
I imagine Suzuki engineers feel about like GM engineers did in 1998. Toyota has the legendary Camry, Honda has the iconic Accord, what does GM have? The Grand Am.

The 2019 Suzuki RMZ250 is the 1998 Grand Am of the motocross world.
legendary?
7/24/2018 8:30am
hellion wrote:
February release with no E start, same old 250 engine. Those engineers must feel hamstringed by budget constraints, especially at a time when they need to...
February release with no E start, same old 250 engine. Those engineers must feel hamstringed by budget constraints, especially at a time when they need to go all in to keep up. Pretty sad really.
Whats sad really is people like you thinking you know what your talking about. I think its hilariously funny to think most of you think a bike is dated because it doesnt share the same vision as ktm with e-start...you havent been on the new bike, yet some how its dated? Very Interesting. You may want to look at the bike and ride it before assuming the bike is dated. I'll tell you first hand its a completely new bike.....here is a question for you, when is the last time you saw a new rmz with a cracked frame? Or engine reliabilty issues? Suzuki puts focus on what needs to work, and yes we maintain a level of "if it isnt broke why fix it" Who cares about the gimmicks. Too much bench racing going on here. Ride some bikes and share some useful feedback.
Gillboy67
7/24/2018 10:18am
Whats sad really is people like you thinking you know what your talking about. I think its hilariously funny to think most of you think a...
Whats sad really is people like you thinking you know what your talking about. I think its hilariously funny to think most of you think a bike is dated because it doesnt share the same vision as ktm with e-start...you havent been on the new bike, yet some how its dated? Very Interesting. You may want to look at the bike and ride it before assuming the bike is dated. I'll tell you first hand its a completely new bike.....here is a question for you, when is the last time you saw a new rmz with a cracked frame? Or engine reliabilty issues? Suzuki puts focus on what needs to work, and yes we maintain a level of "if it isnt broke why fix it" Who cares about the gimmicks. Too much bench racing going on here. Ride some bikes and share some useful feedback.
I agree with allot of what you said. But As a vet rider I would like the E start. Though the 450 starts pretty easy as does the 250 we all know how they get when there hot and I have had it cost me a position a time or two. That being said I love my 18 zook 450. I totally built out the bike with tones of bling and suspension/motor mods I would put it up against a Katoom any day other than the weight that I do not really notice. I still have less $$$ in it than a stock KTM. All the bikes are great anymore IMO it just comes down to what your budget is and what platform you wanna start with. For me I wanted to start with a great handling chassis and good suspension that could be reworked for me. Sent the head out and now I have great handling bike with great suspension and picked up 6.33 HP at the wheel. Plus a SSSSSICK looking ride.

payed 6988.00 OTD in Feb and approx 3850.00 in bling and mods for a total of $10838.00 A new FE KTM $12500.00
List of mods:
enzo suspension
fmf 4.1
proven motor mods
DUBYA wheel set
renthal chain and sprockets
ride eng bling bling bling
Hinson clutch
ARC levers
pro pegs (TI)
moto seat
some ti nuts and bolts.
7/24/2018 10:19am
hellion wrote:
February release with no E start, same old 250 engine. Those engineers must feel hamstringed by budget constraints, especially at a time when they need to...
February release with no E start, same old 250 engine. Those engineers must feel hamstringed by budget constraints, especially at a time when they need to go all in to keep up. Pretty sad really.
Whats sad really is people like you thinking you know what your talking about. I think its hilariously funny to think most of you think a...
Couldn't agree more. Bunch of know-nothings here spouting off about e-start, weight, release dates, unchanged engines, blah blah blah. So ignorant and uneducated that it's laughable. Suzuki moved operations. That's why the bikes are coming in February. Really nothing that can be done about it. BTW, not everyone wants e-start and hydraulic clutches. Bunch of unnecessary garbage.
7/24/2018 10:22am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 10:23am
Ill always be a suzuki fan. I owned the supposedly horrible 1986 rm250 back in the day, and it, to me, was a great and dependable bike. Of course I didn't race it, but it made me a fan. The only thing I hated was that it had washers and spacers EVERYWHERE lol. They mustve gotten a great deal on long 8mm bolts and spacers, since they used those instead of actually buying bolts that were the correct size length.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/24/2018 10:35am
I'm just wondering why everyone assumes that the engine will be exactly the same and yet the bike isn't going to be released until late... Whistling
7/25/2018 8:17am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 8:30am
make1go wrote:
lol the 4th paragraph, translations not quite expressing the intent..
it's translated from italian to english, that's not bad for a google translate!
JGR has alreay the 250!

Post a reply to: Here's the 2019 Suzukis

The Latest