Here's an idea you ought to like....

RJMX834
Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 5:02am
Tired of the championship leaders settling for second, third, fourth ext. How about a guy with the most race wins 60 points down.
Here's some incentive, for the leader and leader only: every second interval you win by over 2nd gives you an extra point in the championship series. I mean tomac just destroyed this field, Almost 20 seconds. The last time i think I've this at a SX was RV. It's an amazing thing to see.
Some mistakes one might make earlier in the season can be made up. Every guy would have incentive to go for it EVERY night. Even if your the championship leader. No sitting, no coasting, no settling. With this idea, Tomac could have put a huge dent in the championship and made it interesting again. Hell, it'd be entertaining every race with dramatic swings. Thoughts?
|
TDeath21
3/17/2018 8:08pm
Slugs are hermaphrodites, having both female and male reproductive organs. Once a slug has located a mate, they encircle each other and sperm is exchanged through their protruded genitalia. A few days later, the slugs lay approximately thirty eggs in a hole in the ground, or beneath the cover of an object such as a fallen log.
kkawboy14
3/17/2018 8:08pm
Get rid of the lappers, the tuff blocks, the quads and jigger the points.......
3/17/2018 8:10pm
RJMX834 wrote:
Tired of the championship leaders settling for second, third, fourth ext. How about a guy with the most race wins 60 points down. Here's some incentive...
Tired of the championship leaders settling for second, third, fourth ext. How about a guy with the most race wins 60 points down.
Here's some incentive, for the leader and leader only: every second interval you win by over 2nd gives you an extra point in the championship series. I mean tomac just destroyed this field, Almost 20 seconds. The last time i think I've this at a SX was RV. It's an amazing thing to see.
Some mistakes one might make earlier in the season can be made up. Every guy would have incentive to go for it EVERY night. Even if your the championship leader. No sitting, no coasting, no settling. With this idea, Tomac could have put a huge dent in the championship and made it interesting again. Hell, it'd be entertaining every race with dramatic swings. Thoughts?
I thought the same thing for a slight second. Maybe run the season like Dakar But hand out Points for time. Instead of starting early. Idk sounds stupid but did cross my mind while having a beverage.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
3/17/2018 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 8:21pm
chillrich wrote:
Leader takes the lappers points
Team orders would be crazy.
Slow down so he can get by and lap you!
Every point counts. Smile
RJMX834
3/17/2018 8:39pm
chillrich wrote:
Leader takes the lappers points
Thats another idea. Although the lappers don't normally get many points lol. Although I think tonight Eli lapped somewhere around 8th
RJMX834
3/17/2018 8:39pm
RJMX834 wrote:
Tired of the championship leaders settling for second, third, fourth ext. How about a guy with the most race wins 60 points down. Here's some incentive...
I thought the same thing for a slight second. Maybe run the season like Dakar But hand out Points for time. Instead of starting early. Idk...
I thought the same thing for a slight second. Maybe run the season like Dakar But hand out Points for time. Instead of starting early. Idk sounds stupid but did cross my mind while having a beverage.
Glad I'm not the only one
dirtnapper
3/17/2018 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 8:53pm
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Am I hearing this correctly?? Is this for real?

Slugs are both dudes AND chicks?? Neat

Tongue
SwingHard
3/17/2018 9:01pm
RJMX834 wrote:
I thought the same thing for a slight second. Maybe run the season like Dakar But hand out Points for time. Instead of starting early. Idk...
RJMX834 wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one
If a rider leads every lap of the Main, from the Green flag to the Checkered flag, said rider receives 20 bonus points .
BobPA
3/17/2018 9:02pm
He has one more win than the guy with the points lead. 5 to 4 last time I checked....Lets not pretend it is a 10:1 ratio.

Why does everyone want to change the points system? This might be the dumbest suggestion I have heard to date.
B DUB 333
3/17/2018 9:05pm
Isn't a race bonus for a factory team like 100k? I doubt they WANT to settle, but if the guy leading is 10 plus seconds ahead, and to win you'd have to push your safety boundary, it's time to settle. If Jason was closed he'd have gone for it.
B DUB 333
3/17/2018 9:07pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Slugs are hermaphrodites, having both female and male reproductive organs. Once a slug has located a mate, they encircle each other and sperm is exchanged through...
Slugs are hermaphrodites, having both female and male reproductive organs. Once a slug has located a mate, they encircle each other and sperm is exchanged through their protruded genitalia. A few days later, the slugs lay approximately thirty eggs in a hole in the ground, or beneath the cover of an object such as a fallen log.
Good to know? I'm not sure what to say about that, I like learning stuff but.... and I always figured if I were a hermaphrodite I could bend my weiner down and do myself, no more chick bullshit to deal with! Laughing
mwssquad827
3/17/2018 10:39pm
Why can’t we just leave the points how they are... Tomac didn’t show up for a couple rounds and should suffer from his shitty rides.. is he putting on a clinic the last couple rounds yes but Anderson is riding very well, why can’t he win the championship?
omalley
3/17/2018 10:46pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Tongue
Sure explains why they’re so slow...constantly arguing with themselves over the best way to get there...
Tryhard
3/17/2018 10:53pm
Why can’t we just leave the points how they are... Tomac didn’t show up for a couple rounds and should suffer from his shitty rides.. is...
Why can’t we just leave the points how they are... Tomac didn’t show up for a couple rounds and should suffer from his shitty rides.. is he putting on a clinic the last couple rounds yes but Anderson is riding very well, why can’t he win the championship?
cuz valley girl fan boys wont stand for it , they think the rules should be bent for who ever was the fastest that weekend . No one pays attention to consistency and mental abilities ... its like none of us here have ever ridden a dirtbike . In the competitive worl showing up for a couple races and killing it is nothing when you have missed a portion of the season , and placed horribly . Tomac will have his chance if he cant perfect his consistency ...
shortcourse
3/17/2018 11:09pm
Once again Vitarady at it's finest...really they all line up to race and it gives them points as to where they finish. It's racing and can change in a nanosecond. The way this season is going WP34 could end up winning it. Same S*** different year, it always comes down to bitchin' about it this time of the year.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
3/18/2018 12:11am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 12:12am
The problem isn’t the points system. The problem is Eli not being able to stay on his wheels on a 17 race series. Let’s say you give a 20 points bonus to the guy who leads every lap of a main, Eli wins the first 3 races of the 2019 season from start to finish scoring 3x26 points, 78 plus 3x20 bonus points, 78+60=138. The most points the second could score is 3x23=69. Then you guys will say, the points system sucks if Eli has double the points the second rider has after 3 races. The points are fine the way they are. Riders need to be fast, technical, consistent and stay on their wheels... Dungey understood it. Eli almost had it last year before he blew up in New Jersey. Why would you want a rider to be champion by screwing up 1/3 of the races on his own fault? Doesn’t really make sense to me...
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/18/2018 12:31am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 12:32am
This year is just a perfect storm of bad to make the championship chase boring.

Not only did the fastest rider (Tomac) miss 2 races, but the other contenders have all gotten hurt. Roczen, Seely, Webb, Barcia, Musquin.

If just one of Barcia, Roczen or Seely didn't get hurt, Anderson would have more of a challenge.

I think Anderson and Brayton are the only 2 contenders who HAVEN'T missed laps due to injury.
King KTM
3/18/2018 12:54am
dv12.com wrote:
The problem isn’t the points system. The problem is Eli not being able to stay on his wheels on a 17 race series. Let’s say you...
The problem isn’t the points system. The problem is Eli not being able to stay on his wheels on a 17 race series. Let’s say you give a 20 points bonus to the guy who leads every lap of a main, Eli wins the first 3 races of the 2019 season from start to finish scoring 3x26 points, 78 plus 3x20 bonus points, 78+60=138. The most points the second could score is 3x23=69. Then you guys will say, the points system sucks if Eli has double the points the second rider has after 3 races. The points are fine the way they are. Riders need to be fast, technical, consistent and stay on their wheels... Dungey understood it. Eli almost had it last year before he blew up in New Jersey. Why would you want a rider to be champion by screwing up 1/3 of the races on his own fault? Doesn’t really make sense to me...
Well said. If Eli could stay on 2 wheels this would not be a conversation.
chump6784
3/18/2018 4:16am
The idea of a championship is to see who is the best rider over a number of races. Eli had done shit races, el hombre has bought it home every time and is leading the championship as he should.

We must remember that this is only round 11. JA could have a mechanical or crash and dnf. If that happens and tomac wins from here on out it could come down to Vegas
3/18/2018 4:23am
dirtnapper wrote:

Tongue
Took this last year on the side of our pool. Hope you enjoy. Woohoo

RJMX834
3/18/2018 4:51am
dv12.com wrote:
The problem isn’t the points system. The problem is Eli not being able to stay on his wheels on a 17 race series. Let’s say you...
Best reply I've gotten from this thread. Thank you. When ya break it down that way, it could also get out of hand and boring from that perspective. Was just tossing ideas
downard254
3/18/2018 4:52am
My favorite rider isn’t winning the championship, so I want to change the rules that will put him in the lead.

Same story, different year.
KMC440
3/18/2018 5:02am
dirtnapper wrote:

Tongue
Yep , so when they hear someone say ..
"Hey, go fuck yourself"
They think ... "Hey, don't mind if I do..."

Post a reply to: Here's an idea you ought to like....

The Latest