Here you go: JS7's Open Letter

pie8man
8/18/2010 9:43am
September TWMX page 52 "by the numbers"
Bubba's quote when asked about the last 4 rounds. I'm not gonna show up unless I know I can win. We can't wait."

He knew he could not win and pulled off. At least he called his shot.
pilotdude
8/18/2010 11:01am
swizcore wrote:
http://js7.com/...g-unadilla-and-mxon/

Good to hear the wrist feels solid.
Stewart's big bike record:

Supercross: Ragdolls multiple times, finishes in 6 of 16 rounds, finishes 10th in points

Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores points in 7 motos, finishes 12th in points

2006:
Supercross: Scores points in all events, finishes 2nd in points, tied with Chad Reed.

Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores point in 18 of 24 motos, finishes 4th in points

2007:
Supercross: Wins champship by 51 points over Chad Reed as Carmicheal rides 1/2 of season in his farewell tour.

Nationals: More ragdolling, injures knee at Washougal, out for season, finishes 7th in points

2008:
Supercross: Injures knee, misses 15 of 17 rounds, finishes 23rd in points.

Nationals: Wins championship with 24-0 record. Beats Tim Ferry by 186 points. No Ricky Carmichael. No Chad Reed. No Kevin Windham.

2009:
Supercross: Beats Chad Reed by 4 points for Supercross title #2.

Nationals: "Unable" to ride Nationals due to "supercross only" team and contract, but does ride X Games. Claims he would not want to take a Team USA spot from an outdoor rider in the MXDN (held in Italy) .

2010:
Supercross: Crashes and breaks wrist at Phoenix. Out for championship.

Total of 2 AMA Supercross championships in 6 years for the "Fastest Man on the Planet."

Nationals: Unable to ride Nationals due to wrist injury and "supercross only" team and contract...oh wait, yes he can since he was "promised" a spot on Team USA at the MXDN (held in the western U.S.) "Supercross only" team and contract apparently no longer an issue with filiming of "reality" show Buba's World in play.

Finishes 3rd-DNF after pulling out of second moto at Unadilla. Claims he "felt lied to" about his chances of getting on Team USA.

One outdoor AMA Nationals championship in 6 years for the "Fastest Man on the Planet."

FROM Wikipedia:

"Reality TV Show and Lost Motivation to Compete

On March 28, 2010 Stewarts reality show Bubba's World premiered on Fuel TV. At the end of the first episode, James announces to his mother and father that he's tired of racing Supercross, is no longer motivated to compete, and wants to do something else. James Sr. was not amused and both parents reminded James that they depend on his racing income to support the lifestyle he's enjoying.

James did not return to Supercross during the remainder of the 2010 series, and has not returned for the 2010 outdoor season either. During an interview with VitalMX on May 28, 2010 James expressed his frustration with his wrist injury taking a long time to heal, saying that he's been trying to prepare to come back to racing for four months and that he is waiting for an okay from his doctors to race again. In the interview he also hinted that he will participate in the outdoor nationals season because he missed the 2010 Monster Supercross season."

P
8/18/2010 11:15am
It's a shame that people try to dismiss James' accomplishments in this sport.

P

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
8/18/2010 11:22am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 11:27am
pie8man wrote:
September TWMX page 52 "by the numbers" Bubba's quote when asked about the last 4 rounds. I'm not gonna show up unless I know I can...
September TWMX page 52 "by the numbers"
Bubba's quote when asked about the last 4 rounds. I'm not gonna show up unless I know I can win. We can't wait."

He knew he could not win and pulled off. At least he called his shot.
This quite confirms, that he had a mental meltdown on the track. I'm sure his fitness could have been a tad better, and his bike set up, but the guy was losing and couldn't mentally handle it. He was stuck in the back of the pack with no shot at winning for the first time in his life!

A lot of professional athletes have huge egos. It's not necessarily a bad thing, they need to have a big ego, in a sense, to some extent. It serves as a positive function. Anyone who has followed the sport, knows James Stewart has a pretty huge big ego. Big enough to walk up to peoples houses and expect to buy it right out from under them. Saturday, his ego had a reality check.

I think finishing the race, regardless of whatever position he finished in, would have showed more humility and character than quitting, and ignoring Erin Bates on live television. It would have also been more respectable from a fans perspective, which is who he supposedly came out to race for.
8/18/2010 11:26am
JS is just like most other newage athletes that come into the professional ranks after a stellar amateur career and think the world is going to hand them everything on a silver platter. Why would he think any different. A young man(Bryce Harper) just signed a 10million dollar baseball deal after he left highschool early and played 1 year of Juco ball. Look at the Lebron situation. It is all over this world so why does anyone think JS is any different. He has worked hard and also is loaded with abilities that 99.9% of the people he lines up against do not have. We as fans made him into a hero by the time he was 8 years old. He was fast. You could see his potential. Sponsors lined and by no means was he ever going to be told NO! By the time he was 12-14 years old he was winning everything in sight and we could not wait for him to turn pro. Hell when he did we bragged on him for passing guys then stopping on the track so he could repass them(i.e. Reed on 125cc). By that time his is a physically gifted rider, but mentally I believe all the years of winning and it going his way at every turn takes a toll on most in his situation. He doesnt want to be told no. He does his job effortlessly in most of mortals eyes. If he wants it he will get it and it really pisses him off that the MXoN was not put on his plate after we put him on a pedastal all these years. You see this story play out everyday at every level of competition. I coach highschool basketball and I see it locally with small time athletes. Go Friday night to a highschool football game, to Loretta's next year or any other venue where above average kids are being fed things that eventually lead to stomach aches. I think I would do the same JS was doing if i was in his shoes. Most would if in same situation. I would be pissed and want to take my bike and just go home. When you want something you get it if you are JS, or Tiger or A-Rod or any other of those type of unbelievable individuals no matter if you earn it or not.
BDOG
8/18/2010 11:27am
James is done. Too much money,too famous, too many ho's- happen to the best of them.
kongols
8/18/2010 11:29am
This quite confirms, that he had a mental meltdown on the track. I'm sure his fitness could have been a tad better, and his bike set...
This quite confirms, that he had a mental meltdown on the track. I'm sure his fitness could have been a tad better, and his bike set up, but the guy was losing and couldn't mentally handle it. He was stuck in the back of the pack with no shot at winning for the first time in his life!

A lot of professional athletes have huge egos. It's not necessarily a bad thing, they need to have a big ego, in a sense, to some extent. It serves as a positive function. Anyone who has followed the sport, knows James Stewart has a pretty huge big ego. Big enough to walk up to peoples houses and expect to buy it right out from under them. Saturday, his ego had a reality check.

I think finishing the race, regardless of whatever position he finished in, would have showed more humility and character than quitting, and ignoring Erin Bates on live television. It would have also been more respectable from a fans perspective, which is who he supposedly came out to race for.
Do you call yourself a fan?
mx295
8/18/2010 11:31am
BDOG wrote:
James is done. Too much money,too famous, too many ho's- happen to the best of them.
I'd love to have his life
Hank_Thrill
8/18/2010 11:47am
This quite confirms, that he had a mental meltdown on the track. I'm sure his fitness could have been a tad better, and his bike set...

kongols wrote:
Yeah, I've been a fan of his since 2002, I love watching him ride.

I think giving up because things aren't going the way you planned, and ignoring a television reporter is lame though.

Do you think he would have pulled off the track if he was in first place?
kongols
8/18/2010 11:50am
Yeah, I've been a fan of his since 2002, I love watching him ride. I think giving up because things aren't going the way you planned...

I think giving up because things aren't going the way you planned, and ignoring a television reporter is lame though.

If he was in first place do you think he would think he has a problems?
8/18/2010 11:52am
went to a BBQ joint today that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Damn good pulled pork. Best lunch I've had in a long time.
Hank_Thrill
8/18/2010 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 12:04pm
kongols wrote:
If he was in first place do you think he would think he has a problems?
I'm confused as to what you are asking.

good job at ignoring the question, though.
If you can't answer it, just meditate on it for awhile.
You'll eventually come to some sort of conclusion.

Don't worry man, he'll be back.
If not by the end of these next three rounds.
At least by the 2011 Supercross Series.
8/18/2010 12:28pm
huck wrote:
If somebody was going racing "for his fans and sponsors"...why wouldn't he have been to the other rounds, just to sign autographs?
Maybe him and Mike Alessi were too busy practicing on their Yamahas?
8/18/2010 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 12:43pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
Stewart's big bike record: 2005 Supercross: Ragdolls multiple times, finishes in 6 of 16 rounds, finishes 10th in points Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores points in...

Supercross: Ragdolls multiple times, finishes in 6 of 16 rounds, finishes 10th in points

Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores points in 7 motos, finishes 12th in points

2006:
Supercross: Scores points in all events, finishes 2nd in points, tied with Chad Reed.

Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores point in 18 of 24 motos, finishes 4th in points

2007:
Supercross: Wins champship by 51 points over Chad Reed as Carmicheal rides 1/2 of season in his farewell tour.

Nationals: More ragdolling, injures knee at Washougal, out for season, finishes 7th in points

2008:

Nationals: Wins championship with 24-0 record. Beats Tim Ferry by 186 points. No Ricky Carmichael. No Chad Reed. No Kevin Windham.

2009:

Nationals: "Unable" to ride Nationals due to "supercross only" team and contract, but does ride X Games. Claims he would not want to take a Team USA spot from an outdoor rider in the MXDN (held in Italy) .

2010:

Total of 2 AMA Supercross championships in 6 years for the "Fastest Man on the Planet."

Nationals: Unable to ride Nationals due to wrist injury and "supercross only" team and contract...oh wait, yes he can since he was "promised" a spot on Team USA at the MXDN (held in the western U.S.) "Supercross only" team and contract apparently no longer an issue with filiming of "reality" show Buba's World in play.

Finishes 3rd-DNF after pulling out of second moto at Unadilla. Claims he "felt lied to" about his chances of getting on Team USA.

One outdoor AMA Nationals championship in 6 years for the "Fastest Man on the Planet."

FROM Wikipedia:

On March 28, 2010 Stewarts reality show Bubba's World premiered on Fuel TV. At the end of the first episode, James announces to his mother and father that he's tired of racing Supercross, is no longer motivated to compete, and wants to do something else. James Sr. was not amused and both parents reminded James that they depend on his racing income to support the lifestyle he's enjoying.

James did not return to Supercross during the remainder of the 2010 series, and has not returned for the 2010 outdoor season either. During an interview with VitalMX on May 28, 2010 James expressed his frustration with his wrist injury taking a long time to heal, saying that he's been trying to prepare to come back to racing for four months and that he is waiting for an okay from his doctors to race again. In the interview he also hinted that he will participate in the outdoor nationals season because he missed the 2010 Monster Supercross season."

Let's see your big bike record, pilotdude. Or, better yet, let's see the big bike record of Ryan Villopoto. No one denies that Stewart has had injuries, has a history of crashing, etc. However, if you check the races that he enters, he has finished more often than not so quitting is not an issue. As James has proved, sometimes being the fastest does not equate to titles, but James' legacy will not be the amount of titles he has. He will be remembered as the fastest guy to ever ride a dirt bike, which is true.

Why leave his 125 titles out? What he did on the 125 was nothing less than amazing, and at 24 years old, I am sure Stewart has more titles ahead of him. Instead of taking up pages of posts and endless threads, why don't you guys just be honest, save us all time, and say that it's simply a case of you not liking James Stewart?
40Plus_922mx
8/18/2010 12:41pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
Stewart's big bike record: 2005 Supercross: Ragdolls multiple times, finishes in 6 of 16 rounds, finishes 10th in points Nationals: Ragdolls multiple times, scores points in...

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

FROM Wikipedia:

Wow that really puts things into perspective. Is dungy already lined up for his 4th title? almost 1/2 of RC's titles from his entire career?
Keith Stone
8/18/2010 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 12:49pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

FROM Wikipedia:

What's your big bike record?
Keith Stone
8/18/2010 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 12:49pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

FROM Wikipedia:

I see a lot of dislike in this guys post
8/18/2010 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 12:54pm

kongols wrote:
Yeah, I've been a fan of his since 2002, I love watching him ride. I think giving up because things aren't going the way you planned...

You don't know that he gave up because things were not going his way, that's what you are blindly assuming. Furthermore, you are taking it further with your assumption because it assumes something about James' character, so it is really a veiled personal attack so don't try to give your opinions cred by claiming that you are a fan. You're quite obviously not since you are engaging in attacks of a personal nature.

As to your question that others are supposedly avoiding: Had James been in first, it is highly likely that he would have been there because he felt good on the bike and was not tired so I doubt he would have pulled. If he was in first and still felt unsafe and tired he probably would have kept going since he had something to weigh the risks with. Sitting in mid-pack, not feeling safe on the bike, and being tired is a different scenario with different options to weigh. It has nothing to do with things not going his way as much as weighing risks against rewards in a race which is not his bread and butter.
kongols
8/18/2010 12:49pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

FROM Wikipedia:

About 51 time you post this.
40Plus_922mx
8/18/2010 12:49pm
swizcore wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

FROM Wikipedia:

I see a lot of dislike in this guys post
His record don't matter. He is not "the fastest man on the planet". He's not the topic. But you can try and make it personal in order to cloud the issue. Cause he makes a good point.
Keith Stone
8/18/2010 12:55pm
His record don't matter. He is not "the fastest man on the planet". He's not the topic. But you can try and make it personal in...
His record don't matter. He is not "the fastest man on the planet". He's not the topic. But you can try and make it personal in order to cloud the issue. Cause he makes a good point.
He makes a good point because neither of you really know what you're talking about. When's the last time you ran up front in a national?, made a SX main?, or won a title?, I see it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and try to make yourself sound important while actually looking like a fool. Carry on.
huck
8/18/2010 1:05pm
His record don't matter. He is not "the fastest man on the planet". He's not the topic. But you can try and make it personal in...
He makes a good point because neither of you really know what you're talking about. When's the last time you ran up front in a national...
He makes a good point because neither of you really know what you're talking about. When's the last time you ran up front in a national?, made a SX main?, or won a title?, I see it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and try to make yourself sound important while actually looking like a fool. Carry on.
You're giving yourself away....kind of like a fly to shit.

3D
8/18/2010 1:05pm
swizcore wrote:

Ok, I wasn't even going to get in on this shit box of a thread but this last post is as about as retarded as it comes...
If what you are saying is true in your first paragraph, then James' perfect season shouldn't mean anything because the top 6 or 8 guys were out. The fact of the matter is Cody Cooper was on his ass at Dilla in the rain. If any of the 6 or 8 guys had been there, James would not of had a perfect season which most Bubba Lovers seem to thrive on. Why is it different when it's Dungey? James was there, the other guys weren't. James wins and there are no * as far as I'm concerned. You have to be in it to win it as they say.

I agree that James is gifted. I was pumped to see him out there.. In my mind, I still think he's going to give Dungey a run by the end of the season and I would love it. When I seen James come around the first corner close to the front I said " here we go boys".

In closing, I would like to say that I couldn't give a shit that he pulled off in the second moto. I would rather see him not get hurt. But hiding in the truck is hiding from the fans he was supposed to be racing for. If he would have put on that big Bubba smile and just told Erin he was wooped and he'd be back next race, that would have been much better. But hey, what the fuck do I know and who the hell cares?
Keith Stone
8/18/2010 1:10pm
Spy vs Spy wrote:
You don't know that he gave up because things were not going his way, that's what you are blindly assuming. Furthermore, you are taking it further...
You don't know that he gave up because things were not going his way, that's what you are blindly assuming. Furthermore, you are taking it further with your assumption because it assumes something about James' character, so it is really a veiled personal attack so don't try to give your opinions cred by claiming that you are a fan. You're quite obviously not since you are engaging in attacks of a personal nature.

As to your question that others are supposedly avoiding: Had James been in first, it is highly likely that he would have been there because he felt good on the bike and was not tired so I doubt he would have pulled. If he was in first and still felt unsafe and tired he probably would have kept going since he had something to weigh the risks with. Sitting in mid-pack, not feeling safe on the bike, and being tired is a different scenario with different options to weigh. It has nothing to do with things not going his way as much as weighing risks against rewards in a race which is not his bread and butter.
Good post.
raddad
8/18/2010 1:22pm
Spy vs Spy wrote:
You don't know that he gave up because things were not going his way, that's what you are blindly assuming. Furthermore, you are taking it further...

Good post.
Something is very fishy about you two..I think it may be time for a little check up.

Post a reply to: Here you go: JS7's Open Letter

The Latest