Here you go: JS7's Open Letter

cloverdale
8/17/2010 2:51pm
Sorry...this is way too simple. Just like in life or business these days...it is not about earning something (welcome to the real world). Bottom line, JS7 (assuming he is healthy) should be on the MXoN team because he is the fastest guy in the USA. It makes no difference if you like him as a person or if he ever races another AMA national.
Again.....welcome to the real world.....
huck
8/17/2010 2:53pm
cloverdale wrote:
Sorry...this is way too simple. Just like in life or business these days...it is not about earning something (welcome to the real world). Bottom line, JS7...
Sorry...this is way too simple. Just like in life or business these days...it is not about earning something (welcome to the real world). Bottom line, JS7 (assuming he is healthy) should be on the MXoN team because he is the fastest guy in the USA. It makes no difference if you like him as a person or if he ever races another AMA national.
Sorry, but apparently he was the 11th fastest guy in the the USA last weekend...and that doesn't count the 250 class....

The Shop

cpj36
mccread wrote:
Huh? He was more impressive that any of the other US riders bar Dungey! He also beat Short who is second in the AMA by the...
Huh? He was more impressive that any of the other US riders bar Dungey! He also beat Short who is second in the AMA by the way... So what are you saying about the other US born 450 riders in the class if you discredit Desalle for beating James.

James will always be stupidly fast.. his speed has never been in doubt..his speed was there on Saturday but his usual problem of riding on the edge when he has people near his speed resurfaced. And my point is that if he is flustered running Dungey and desalles pace.. and you add even more riders at that level only 5 weeks away - then he may make bigger mistakes and crash .. short however may be more consistent and get a 3rd or 4th as opposed to James win or bust style. I guess that is Roger's thinking. Unadilla bore that out.. James was faster but couldn't put two motos together.

I think Short deserves his shot I think he deserves his selection. He is the second best American in the 450s.

Don't forget if James wins the next 6 motos the team can be changed until the night before the event.

1-2 in the 450s and the top 250 US riders is a great team.
He was for sure but you only mentioned Desalle beating James. I don't know but if I'm him I'm probably not overly confident about racing the guy when he's in shape and dialed.
kongols
OK. Lets go fishing a little bit. Was that promise of the shot at MXdN team was made just to get JS out on a track to get more attendance and more TV viewers? Why did they make such promise, just to announce the team before giving him a shot.
8/17/2010 2:56pm
After reading that, I'm wondering if he will even show up to the rest of the races? As I said in another thread -'You'd think Stewart would be there at open practice to dial in his bike if his settings are that far off. If he couldn't finish the 2nd moto last weekend, you think he will be able to do it as soon as Southwick?"
Cygnus
8/17/2010 2:57pm
kongols wrote:
OK. Lets go fishing a little bit. Was that promise of the shot at MXdN team was made just to get JS out on a track...
OK. Lets go fishing a little bit. Was that promise of the shot at MXdN team was made just to get JS out on a track to get more attendance and more TV viewers? Why did they make such promise, just to announce the team before giving him a shot.
We need a new thread. Go for it!
JB 19
8/17/2010 2:57pm
I think the riders should just not say anything because all of the idiots are just give them hell and keep talking about what they would do if they had pro rider talent.

I don't think James should have pulled off in the 2nd moto, but he did. He rode great in the first moto.

All you idiots need to get off your soap box and stop crucifying the guy.......when was the last time any of you ran a mile???........ let alone tried to take down Ryan Dungey, who seems invincible at this point.
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 3:03pm
JB 19 wrote:
I think the riders should just not say anything because all of the idiots are just give them hell and keep talking about what they would...
I think the riders should just not say anything because all of the idiots are just give them hell and keep talking about what they would do if they had pro rider talent.

I don't think James should have pulled off in the 2nd moto, but he did. He rode great in the first moto.

All you idiots need to get off your soap box and stop crucifying the guy.......when was the last time any of you ran a mile???........ let alone tried to take down Ryan Dungey, who seems invincible at this point.
The room just went silent.
f4ctry
8/17/2010 3:05pm
I thik hes in it for the wrong reasons...not cos he wants to support USA but because he thinks of all teh coverage he could be recieveing....if thats the reason he got off the couch to go race the remaining 4 nationals, as stated in that letter, well then he shouldnt be chosen. At least Short wants to do it becasue he gets to represent his country.

I bet Bubba would ride for China or Canada or anybody if he thought he would ge tthe right amoutn of exsposure for his show and Sponsors.
jaeckle
8/17/2010 3:05pm
What are the NAMES of the people that select who goes to the MXdN for the USA? Is it a secret or something? And if so why?
f4ctry
8/17/2010 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 3:07pm
doyuble post...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/17/2010 3:07pm
If you feel the need to put down Pro riders from behind a keyboard you are truly a pussy.
f4ctry
8/17/2010 3:08pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
If you feel the need to put down Pro riders from behind a keyboard you are truly a pussy.
Its called bench racing
redrider400
MX7MX wrote:
You gotta admit, coming off an injury, a SX only team, not riding for 8 months and comes out and pretty much beats all but Dungey...
You gotta admit, coming off an injury, a SX only team, not riding for 8 months and comes out and pretty much beats all but Dungey (Desalle for a bit during the race, who is second in points in the GP's) I'd say thats one hell of a rider by anyones standards.

People who say shorty is the better choice? Really? Seriously?
I am not a stewart fan, but, if you want to send the team with the best chance at winning, of course its gonna be Dungey, Stewart and Canard. The facts are the facts. It was James's first race back, and he fell and still beat Short.
race
JB 19 wrote:
I think the riders should just not say anything because all of the idiots are just give them hell and keep talking about what they would...

Ran a mile? Ummm ... I did.

Actually 2 miles ... since it's a half mile track and I did 4 laps. Probably 104 degrees yesterday too.

Dungeys a bit outside of my age group though.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/17/2010 3:09pm
jaeckle wrote:
What are the NAMES of the people that select who goes to the MXdN for the USA? Is it a secret or something? And if so...
What are the NAMES of the people that select who goes to the MXdN for the USA? Is it a secret or something? And if so why?
I'm pretty sure DeCoster makes the final call.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/17/2010 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 3:13pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
f4ctry wrote:
Its called bench racing
This is isn't benchracing. Whether Short of Stewart is a better choice as a rider may be, but the stuff in your shithead post isn't.
Blake
8/17/2010 3:13pm
Kinetic1 wrote:
If the bike was too stiff why didn't they just soften it up? It's not like a high profile team doesn't have a whole box full...
If the bike was too stiff why didn't they just soften it up? It's not like a high profile team doesn't have a whole box full of different shim stacks on the truck. They had plenty of time for a valving change.
Professional parts changers change the shock.

He has plenty of outdoor tracks to ride and test. If not, Buy one.
Torco1
8/17/2010 3:14pm
Man, I dont think you could pay me to be James right now.......or Alessi for that matter.
pamoto
8/17/2010 3:15pm
How about all the negative comments on his site. Deservedly so, IMO. I'll bet he realizes now that he is no longer the #1 superstar of the sport. At least he should. He went Supercross only and is getting trashed for it. Fans leaving in droves and Unadilla didn't help. I really think he is regretting , now, signing Supercross only. That message it getting sent, loud and clear.

8/17/2010 3:16pm
It's all about James. Never mind the fans at the Nationals, I wanted a shot at the MXdN. Then race the outdoors. And don't you think a guy who's won as many Nationals would know how to set up a bike so he doesn't have to pull off and go home?
jaeckle
8/17/2010 3:18pm
jaeckle wrote:
What are the NAMES of the people that select who goes to the MXdN for the USA? Is it a secret or something? And if so...
I'm pretty sure DeCoster makes the final call.
He can't be the only person involved and I highly doubt DeCoster lied to James. Nobody in the USA has done more to better team usa's results at the mxdn than Roger.

James has no reason to lie about his statement of what was said to him at Lakewood.

What are the NAMES of everyone involved in the decision? We deserve to know how this shit goes down.
8/17/2010 3:19pm
Serves him right if you ask me, what happened last year when USA were struggling to put a strong team together and needed Stewart to step up and ride? Thats right he didnt want to know. He didnt care so much about Team USA last year so maybe the AMA and Decoster havnt forgotten that. As Reed said as the Des Nats last year in the press conference Stewart let his country down....
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/17/2010 3:19pm
JB 19 wrote:

JB 19 wrote: I don't think James should have pulled off in the 2nd moto, but he did

Being kind of rough on the guy, aren't you? I love irony.

8/17/2010 3:20pm
Serves him right if you ask me, what happened last year when USA were struggling to put a strong team together and needed Stewart to step up and ride? Thats right he didnt want to know. He didnt care so much about Team USA last year so maybe the AMA and Decoster havnt forgotten that. As Reed said as the Des Nats last year in the press conference Stewart let his country down....
swizcore
pamoto wrote:
How about all the negative comments on his site. Deservedly so, IMO. I'll bet he realizes now that he is no longer the #1 superstar of...
How about all the negative comments on his site. Deservedly so, IMO. I'll bet he realizes now that he is no longer the #1 superstar of the sport. At least he should. He went Supercross only and is getting trashed for it. Fans leaving in droves and Unadilla didn't help. I really think he is regretting , now, signing Supercross only. That message it getting sent, loud and clear.

Don't get it twisted, James is still the biggest star in the sport. His rig had FAR more people surrounding it than any other at Unadilla.
8/17/2010 3:22pm
cloverdale wrote:
Sorry...this is way too simple. Just like in life or business these days...it is not about earning something (welcome to the real world). Bottom line, JS7...
Was the fastest guy in the USA. That's reality until proven otherwise.

Post a reply to: Here you go: JS7's Open Letter

The Latest