8/17/2010 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2010 1:24 PM

http://js7.com/...g-unadilla-and-mxon/

Good to hear the wrist feels solid.
|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

8/17/2010 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2010 1:28 PM

Interesting ... but pulling out of a race didn't do him any favours. Short is a solid more reliable choice, yes james has more speed but if he isnt the fastest by 2 seconds on the track he panics and crashes, add to that his bike not set up and admitting to be to tired to ride the second moto.

I think James or Short would have been a good chioce, but Short is the safer choice.. James has never won his class at the nations and Desalle beat him at Unadilla and at the nations there will be more than Dungey and Desalle at Stewarts speed especially if Cairoli and Phillipeaerts show.

I do see his point thought to where he felt lied too, if he was told that and then the team was named anyway that is unfair to him.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/17/2010 1:29 PM

So the real question is what are the names of the MXdN USA Team decision makers that lied? Who actually told him those things at Lakewood?

|

8/17/2010 1:30 PM

Someone sucks at html, but that sure answers alot of questions.

|

8/17/2010 1:32 PM

LOL - Was it lack of bike setup that got him a 17 place start in the second moto?

I like how he said, "first and foremost" the reason he came back was for the fans.... but then said "the other main reason" was to ride in the MXoN...

Boohoo. The decision was made, and it appears to be the correct one!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/17/2010 1:32 PM

I get the bike set up was not great and will guess that he'll have game for Dungey in the next few races. Still I felt he ought to be on the MXoN team given the way he handled Shorty in Moto 1...... Time will tell for both Stewart outdoors and how we do in Lakewood.

|

8/17/2010 1:35 PM

Now the question in my mind is... will Brooks and the team even bother racing the last three outdoor races?

|

8/17/2010 1:36 PM

If the bike was too stiff why didn't they just soften it up? It's not like a high profile team doesn't have a whole box full of different shim stacks on the truck. They had plenty of time for a valving change.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

8/17/2010 1:36 PM

Will he be at the the last 3 rounds now or will there be a press release about him waiting for SX2011 ?

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages The Privateer's Story

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

8/17/2010 1:42 PM

DL wrote:

I get the bike set up was not great and will guess that he'll have game for Dungey in the next few races. Still I felt he ought to be on the MXoN team given the way he handled Shorty in Moto 1...... Time will tell for both Stewart outdoors and how we do in Lakewood.

X2

|

8/17/2010 1:42 PM

You gotta admit, coming off an injury, a SX only team, not riding for 8 months and comes out and pretty much beats all but Dungey (Desalle for a bit during the race, who is second in points in the GP's) I'd say thats one hell of a rider by anyones standards.

People who say shorty is the better choice? Really? Seriously?

|

4 strokes started this sport!

8/17/2010 1:43 PM

MX7MX wrote:

You gotta admit, coming off an injury, a SX only team, not riding for 8 months and comes out and pretty much beats all but Dungey (Desalle for a bit during the race, who is second in points in the GP's) I'd say thats one hell of a rider by anyones standards.

X2 again

|

8/17/2010 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2010 1:48 PM

That's such a bummer he feels he was lied to. Regardless of whether or not that is the case, that's the way he feels, which has to be emotionally depressing for him. He seemed to have it written on his face during the podium interview, and before the start of moto #2, though.

I just listened to the Larry Brooks podcast. After hearing Larry explain the fitness issues, I hope he can get his physical endurance back up before Southwick, and finish two strong motos.

Saturday sucked for James Stewart.

He'll be back to normanl. Somebody is going to get tons of momentum going into the 2011 Supercross season, Dungey or Stewart.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

8/17/2010 1:45 PM

Kinetic1 wrote:

If the bike was too stiff why didn't they just soften it up? It's not like a high profile team doesn't have a whole box full of different shim stacks on the truck. They had plenty of time for a valving change.

EXACTLY! I could tell by watching the parade lap before the first moto on Alli that the bike was WAY to stiff. So if it was too stiff after moto one, then soften it up. Not that difficult.

Everyone should listen to the podcast he did with Matthes a few weeks ago. The main reason he wanted to come back was so he could talk shit. He said to Mathes that he can't run his mouth because he is not out there, but if he showed up and won, then he could run his mouth. Classy.

|

8/17/2010 1:46 PM

Bubba's back! not gunna lie, kinda got a moto chub....

|

8/17/2010 1:48 PM

We'd have to have an exact transcript of his discussion to ever know how exactly what was said to him. James said that the unnamed official told him he'd have a shot at the spot if he started riding. And James may have had "a shot" at the spot for all we know - if there was not a clear 2nd fastest 450 rider behind Dungey, JS would have been in the mix. That was his shot at the team, a slim shot, but a shot nonetheless. But there is clearly a 2nd fastest rider - Short.

Or maybe James, played here by Jim Carrey, just misunderstood his chances:

|

"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813

8/17/2010 1:50 PM

I wish that some of these "open letters" were actually penned by the riders themselves for once. At minimum the grammar would make for some laughs.

|

8/17/2010 1:50 PM

Maybe they chose to go with a team that is more familiar with the outdoor circuit since they are supercross only.

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

8/17/2010 1:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2010 1:59 PM

jasonv43 wrote:

Maybe they chose to go with a team that is more familiar with the outdoor circuit since they are supercross only.

Good point,

Plus, Larry Brooks in the Mathes' podcast said he pulled off due to his fitness. There's no point in going out there and racing if you're tired, because you could risk injuring yourself.

Roger picking Short could have been the best thing for Stewart. With him not being in 100% physical condition, and unable to finish two motos, he quite possibly could have ridden beyond his physical limits at the Motocross Des Nations (on a non dialed-in bike) next month and taken himself out of the 2011 Supercross Championship (not to mention, take someone else out too).

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

8/17/2010 1:56 PM

MX7MX wrote:

What does "pretty much beats" mean? The way I saw it, he beat every American rider except Dungey, Short, Regal, Chisolm, Brayton, Grant, and Hahn.

I agree with you on one point - getting 11th at a national does make you one hell of a rider.

And to answer your other question - Yeah, seriously.

|

"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813

8/17/2010 2:01 PM

Maybe they remembered when Stewart turned them down?

Seriously. I know I would....

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/17/2010 2:01 PM

Joe Bromley=Douche

|

8/17/2010 2:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2010 2:03 PM

mccread wrote:

Interesting ... but pulling out of a race didn't do him any favours. Short is a solid more reliable choice, yes james has more speed but if he isnt the fastest by 2 seconds on the track he panics and crashes, add to that his bike not set up and admitting to be to tired to ride the second moto.

I think James or Short would have been a good chioce, but Short is the safer choice.. James has never won his class at the nations and Desalle beat him at Unadilla and at the nations there will be more than Dungey and Desalle at Stewarts speed especially if Cairoli and Phillipeaerts show.

I do see his point thought to where he felt lied too, if he was told that and then the team was named anyway that is unfair to him.

Desalle was impressive, he managed to beat a guy that fell, hasn't raced in 7 months, hasn't raced mx in 2 years and was on a bike that couldn't possibly be as developed as everyone else's outdoor bike. But he didn't have his suspension so it's even.

Just imagine what #1 in GP points would have done.

|

8/17/2010 2:07 PM

I'm reading this letter but all I can hear is Brooks voice!

I still can't believe Bubba signed another SX only deal. Nails in the coffin surely?! By the time RV, Pourcel, Dungey, Canard + Reed(?) have waged war outside in 2011, they are going to be on a whole new level come SX 2012, thats if Bubba even gets through 2011 with the a title!

And yes, I have a crack pipe + crystal ball!
[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

8/17/2010 2:08 PM

EmDub425 wrote:

EXACTLY! I could tell by watching the parade lap before the first moto on Alli that the bike was WAY to stiff. So if it was too stiff after moto one, then soften it up. Not that difficult.

Everyone should listen to the podcast he did with Matthes a few weeks ago. The main reason he wanted to come back was so he could talk shit. He said to Mathes that he can't run his mouth because he is not out there, but if he showed up and won, then he could run his mouth. Classy.

Yes, about as classy as that guy drinking out that flower pot.

|

he admits "sx team only" the he doeNOT deserve any shot at MXDN. its outdoo MX. Screw him!

|

jasonv43 wrote:

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Good point,

Plus, Larry Brooks in the Mathes' podcast said he pulled off due to his fitness. There's no point in going out there and racing if you're tired, because you could risk injuring yourself.

Roger picking Short could have been the best thing for Stewart. With him not being in 100% physical condition, and unable to finish two motos, he quite possibly could have ridden beyond his physical limits at the Motocross Des Nations (on a non dialed-in bike) next month and taken himself out of the 2011 Supercross Championship (not to mention, take someone else out too).

I think originally they wanted to give him time to see how he looked for the MXDN. But at the end of the day, they had to make a decision now so they can start testing and getting ready with individual bike setup.

The team will be fine without him and it will drive him to be at the top of his game for next year. Shorty earned it!!!

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

he admits "sx team only" the he doeNOT deserve any shot at MXDN. its outdoo MX. Screw him!

|

If their statement about not getting the bike setup better by moto 2, do we really want them setting up a bike for a race as important as MXoN?

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

|