Here it is, FMF Goggles, what do you think?

MelonFan123
1/12/2021 12:25pm
BMc914 wrote:
FMF is looking for a product that Mitch Payton is not involved with cause they are tired of losing to the guy.
at what, regional SX titles?

from what I know, FMF has been the #1 selling exhaust brand for quite some time.

They're both great, iconic brands. But they operate with different biz philosophies and also in some different categories. And both are successful at what they do.
LungButter
1/12/2021 12:28pm
Xeno wrote:
I was part of that 24hr race effort that Mitch is talking about. We did the ECU conversion, mapping and built the race light. The riders...
I was part of that 24hr race effort that Mitch is talking about. We did the ECU conversion, mapping and built the race light. The riders worked really hard and crushed it with the win. That event is no joke- it takes fast guys and a lot of preperation.
Mitch bought the bike from a dealer and paid for everything to go do that race. And, he was there in the pits for the entire 24hrs- taking lap times and overseeing the bike service. After all these years, he still loves to go racing!
I can dig that!

I definitely did not mean to be 'taking a shot' at the Teams he mentioned, I actually love following the SLR Team Vlogs from Baja. I was just trying to point out how blatantly wrong BMc914 was.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/12/2021 12:40pm
I don't see you clowns bitching and complaining about the FMF umbrellas, maybe its because it goes with your purses and shoes.

BMc914
1/12/2021 1:10pm
BMc914 wrote:
FMF is looking for a product that Mitch Payton is not involved with cause they are tired of losing to the guy.
at what, regional SX titles? from what I know, FMF has been the #1 selling exhaust brand for quite some time. They're both great, iconic brands...
at what, regional SX titles?

from what I know, FMF has been the #1 selling exhaust brand for quite some time.

They're both great, iconic brands. But they operate with different biz philosophies and also in some different categories. And both are successful at what they do.
450 SX TITLE.

The Shop

BMc914
1/12/2021 1:12pm
Ya he also OWNS a team something FMF doesn't do for the sport anymore. You don't hear stories of people calling FMF everyday trying to get a ride. You do about Mitch.
Zaugg
1/12/2021 1:23pm
BMc914 wrote:
Ya he also OWNS a team something FMF doesn't do for the sport anymore. You don't hear stories of people calling FMF everyday trying to get...
Ya he also OWNS a team something FMF doesn't do for the sport anymore. You don't hear stories of people calling FMF everyday trying to get a ride. You do about Mitch.
So instead of supporting one team, FMF supports many teams including offroad teams. (Yeah they don't do anything for the sport or help out riders)

I like Mitch, he's a cool dude and I like Pro-Circuit. FMF and PC don't have to walk the same path to be successful and to have respect from the MX community.

If you don't like the goggles, don't buy them . Just don't bash FMF (or PC for that matter) for how they support different areas of the market.

1/12/2021 1:29pm
I heard a rumor they may introduce an energy drink next. Shhh...

Oh wait, that was 10 years ago.
LungButter
1/12/2021 1:33pm
BMc914 wrote:
Ya he also OWNS a team something FMF doesn't do for the sport anymore. You don't hear stories of people calling FMF everyday trying to get...
So tell me, what does that "do for the sport". Give a ride to 4 guys a year?

I would bet my bank account that FMF supports far more riders across far more teams, series, disciplines and countries than PC does. In fact, I'm sure it's not even close.
LungButter
1/12/2021 1:36pm
BMc914 wrote:
450 SX TITLE. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/12/471942/s1200_20210112_140702.jpg[/img]
450 SX TITLE.
That's 1 Championship for PC last year, 3 for FMF if we are just talking about Pro SX/MX in America.

Also, those Star Yamahas that have been embarrassing every other bike in the 250 class for years now, what do they run again? Laughing
MXBen711
1/12/2021 1:38pm
BMc914 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
So instead of supporting one team, FMF supports many teams including offroad teams. (Yeah they don't do anything for the sport or help out riders) I...
So instead of supporting one team, FMF supports many teams including offroad teams. (Yeah they don't do anything for the sport or help out riders)

I like Mitch, he's a cool dude and I like Pro-Circuit. FMF and PC don't have to walk the same path to be successful and to have respect from the MX community.

If you don't like the goggles, don't buy them . Just don't bash FMF (or PC for that matter) for how they support different areas of the market.

Probably the best post in this thread
Lightning78
1/12/2021 3:50pm
I heard a rumor they may introduce an energy drink next. Shhh...

Oh wait, that was 10 years ago.
It seem like FMF is always jumping on the popular idea at the time.....2 cases in point would be their Energy drink and The Drop. They rebrand stuff like sunglasses and at one time did a bmx bicycle, not to mention the short lived street bike exhaust line. That's all well and good but I feel like (just my opinion it's not good or bad) the diversification from their core focus distracts them from focusing 100% on being a dirtbike performance brand like PC is. FMF produces or brands a wealth of unrelated products whereas PC, Yosh, Bill's etc all do exhaust but focus their resources on products related to the performance their exhaust systems deliver. FMF is a juggernaut in the aftermarket exhaust biz and good on them but they're so big that they almost appear to be disjointed with a rock solid exhaust lineup and a bunch of lost or wavering products that they dont really succeed with. Exhaust lineup stays solid and they spinoff into other things that they put a ton of effort into that have nothing to do with exhausts and for all the effort, none of these ideas, concepts or products never really succeed. With the support of their exhaust lineup, it would make sense to follow the JGR hop up model or how race tech went into engine building. FMF's exhaust line finances all of these one off ideas that dont go anywhere but doing related products creates opportunities for cross platform marketing.
I'm no business expert nor do I have any business telling FMF how to conduct their business and I tried to not negatively bash FMF's spinoff ideas products and concepts. It's just that the business directions they take really leave me scratching my head sometimes. It would be like Auto Zone adding a trendy clothing branch to their core business of distributing and selling car parts.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/12/2021 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2021 4:04pm
It seem like FMF is always jumping on the popular idea at the time.....2 cases in point would be their Energy drink and The Drop. They...
It seem like FMF is always jumping on the popular idea at the time.....2 cases in point would be their Energy drink and The Drop. They rebrand stuff like sunglasses and at one time did a bmx bicycle, not to mention the short lived street bike exhaust line. That's all well and good but I feel like (just my opinion it's not good or bad) the diversification from their core focus distracts them from focusing 100% on being a dirtbike performance brand like PC is. FMF produces or brands a wealth of unrelated products whereas PC, Yosh, Bill's etc all do exhaust but focus their resources on products related to the performance their exhaust systems deliver. FMF is a juggernaut in the aftermarket exhaust biz and good on them but they're so big that they almost appear to be disjointed with a rock solid exhaust lineup and a bunch of lost or wavering products that they dont really succeed with. Exhaust lineup stays solid and they spinoff into other things that they put a ton of effort into that have nothing to do with exhausts and for all the effort, none of these ideas, concepts or products never really succeed. With the support of their exhaust lineup, it would make sense to follow the JGR hop up model or how race tech went into engine building. FMF's exhaust line finances all of these one off ideas that dont go anywhere but doing related products creates opportunities for cross platform marketing.
I'm no business expert nor do I have any business telling FMF how to conduct their business and I tried to not negatively bash FMF's spinoff ideas products and concepts. It's just that the business directions they take really leave me scratching my head sometimes. It would be like Auto Zone adding a trendy clothing branch to their core business of distributing and selling car parts.
You have got to be shitting me Laughing Maybe that's why FMF is a wildly successful company that's been around since the 1970s LaughingLaughing

newmason
1/13/2021 10:24am
It's kind of like when a Helmet maker gets into the business of making gloves... Shoei Gloves lol
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
1/13/2021 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2021 10:59pm
Here’s the test to see how powerful of a marketing tool a rider like ZachO is.

My reaction... confused. I think the press behind the google is a marketing tool to sell pipes and raise brand awareness. Hell I have no idea though but I’d be curious to see the business plan.
1/14/2021 1:37am
BMc914 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Is that why PC put out this post with Mitch begging for off roaders to not forget about them? "Look at us, we won Baja" ....yawn...
Is that why PC put out this post with Mitch begging for off roaders to not forget about them?

"Look at us, we won Baja" ....yawn, pretty sure FMF won damn near every major/national off road championship in the US this year and last year and the year before and the year before that.... LOL

Why is everything a damn competition on here, you never bought products from two different brands before?
MXBen711
1/14/2021 1:57am
bigk218 wrote:
Here’s the test to see how powerful of a marketing tool a rider like ZachO is. My reaction... confused. I think the press behind the google...
Here’s the test to see how powerful of a marketing tool a rider like ZachO is.

My reaction... confused. I think the press behind the google is a marketing tool to sell pipes and raise brand awareness. Hell I have no idea though but I’d be curious to see the business plan.
Business Plan:

100% keeping the Gen 1 goggle in the market place, using a recognisable brand at a more competitive price

FMF have lent their branding to the most popular goggle in recent times, everything else is handled by 100%

Its a good idea, very little comparative input from FMF and a continuation from 100% without interrupting what they're trying to do with the Gen 2
ktmdan
1/14/2021 2:16pm
Not into it. but that's just me...

The buzz around them will be a boost for their marketing I guess but I couldn't care less about the goggles.
I also thought the Barcia A1 spoof was dumb and that RV was an idiot on the pulp show. I guess I have unpopular opinions in moto lately.
TeamGreen
1/14/2021 2:54pm
Lastander wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/14/472408/s1200_84516138_66CB_49C2_915D_DF13083CD8D9.jpg[/img] Yoshimura just won

Yoshimura just won
I'm betting there's a picture of Pops...somewhere...wearing something like that and welding a pipe or frame...as in back in the Wes Cooley era...

Pops Yoshimura
One of Motorcycle Racing's Greatest

LungButter
1/14/2021 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 3:02pm
Why is everything a damn competition on here, you never bought products from two different brands before?
I didn't start the competition, just defended my favorite brand Tongue

That said, I have never in my life owned a bike that had anything but an FMF Exhaust on it (except stock obviously), they were my first ever sponsor and they were the first sponsor to ever give me something completely for free. I'm also a huge fan of the companies and Little D's commitment to the Kurt Caselli Foundation and keeping the legacy of one of the greatest American Motorcycle riders of all time alive.

Soooo..... I guess I'm a fan boy and in this instance, No I have not bought from 2 different brands. Plus, the original comment was purely ignorant, everyone knows FMF dominates PC in every way. Laughing

Post a reply to: Here it is, FMF Goggles, what do you think?

The Latest