Here is the 2021 450 Shoutout?? Deleted??

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2020 12:59 AM

I don't find the shoutout... is deleted??

|

10/16/2020 2:34 AM

No longer on VitalMX YouTube channel either.

|

10/16/2020 3:30 AM

Honda must not have been happy with everyone’s results.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/16/2020 4:39 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Honda must not have been happy with everyone’s results.....

I can't see how. They ranked it higher than any other outlet. The real problem for me and many others is how the yahama pounded everybody last year and ranked 4th this year.

|

10/16/2020 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2020 7:26 AM

LKHill wrote:

I can't see how. They ranked it higher than any other outlet. The real problem for me and many others is how the yahama pounded everybody last year and ranked 4th this year.

They didn't pound everyone, it was still close. The other bikes improve, even marginally, and they are going to go past a bike that did not change. And wasn't last year's test over one day when this year's test was across 2 days at 2 different tracks. Even still, the Yam is still a damn great bike.

|

November 13th, Forever in our memories !!

10/16/2020 7:53 AM

I feel like we just end up with the flavor of the week in many shootouts.

|

10/16/2020 7:55 AM

What was the rankings before it was deleted?

|

10/16/2020 7:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2020 8:16 AM

BobbyLight wrote:

KTM
Kawi
Honda
Yamaha
Husky
—————
Suzuki/GasGas un tested.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

10/16/2020 8:30 AM

ajv#26 wrote:

Ah! The traditional down votes... for just one question!
The times are change for sure... cornflakes and sensitive people! sick

|

10/16/2020 8:34 AM

What a joke

|

10/16/2020 8:48 AM

I always thought one day "shootouts" are just rushed out to get views. Common sense would say you need a few days to get a feel for these bikes.

I mean, can you really decide to marry someone after one date?

To spend 11 or 12 grand based on the opinion of someone who only rode a stock bike for maybe 2 hours at one SoCal track seems sketchy to me.

|

10/16/2020 8:59 AM

I just came off a 2017 KTM 450SXF and then got a 2018.5 Husky Rockstar Edition (pretty much the 2019 Husky). I used the same Conevalves on both with three different setups. Enzo finally got it dialed. I now have a 2020 Yamaha I bought in August and with just the right springs and sag set, it blows the WP stuff away! I found my "fit". You have to find what suits you best, not some random tester on a track nothing like what you ride. I look at ALL the tests and then you will find the cream rises and the turds sink. Last year Yamaha won 6 of 8 shootouts and was top 3 in the others if I remember right. Something seems odd about this shootout.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/16/2020 9:05 AM

Brent wrote:

I always thought one day "shootouts" are just rushed out to get views. Common sense would say you need a few days to get a feel for these bikes.

To spend 11 or 12 grand based on the opinion of someone who only rode a stock bike for maybe 2 hours at one SoCal track seems sketchy to me.

I am not a fan of the "round table" format. To me the riders seem influenced in their choices by the other riders, like a jury. Should be double blinded until the ride reports are submitted for final. I am not sure if that's what Vmx did so I am not picking on them.

|

10/16/2020 9:11 AM

I think I know what’s wrong with the new Honda...it’s too heavy.

From Dirt Bike Mag:

Photo

|

10/16/2020 9:13 AM

ajv#26 wrote:

ajv#26 wrote:

Photo
|

10/16/2020 9:16 AM

Brent wrote:

LKHill wrote:

I am not a fan of the "round table" format. To me the riders seem influenced in their choices by the other riders, like a jury. Should be double blinded until the ride reports are submitted for final. I am not sure if that's what Vmx did so I am not picking on them.

Yeah it does seem like they get some group think going on with roundtables.

|

10/16/2020 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2020 9:22 AM

BobbyLight wrote:

Dimblewambie wrote:

KTM
Kawi
Honda
Yamaha
Husky
—————
Suzuki/GasGas un tested.

Shows you how close all the bikes must be when the KTM and Husky, based on the same platform with some setup/component differences, bookend the whole field.

|

10/16/2020 9:39 AM

Maybe MXA has the right idea on these shootouts. What are you actually going to learn about a bike in one day on one or two tracks. My yamaha works great on some tracks but sucks on others.

|

10/16/2020 9:53 AM

They took it down because too much dead horse(Honda) kicking.

|

10/16/2020 11:24 AM

Moto520 wrote:

Maybe MXA has the right idea on these shootouts. What are you actually going to learn about a bike in one day on one or two tracks. My yamaha works great on some tracks but sucks on others.

Thats the one thing i love about my Yamaha it works good evey track . Other bikes ive had work brillant one day terrible next day . Its such a personal thing now . Shootouts have had there day imo .

|

10/16/2020 11:29 AM

BobbyLight wrote:

Dimblewambie wrote:

KTM
Kawi
Honda
Yamaha
Husky
—————
Suzuki/GasGas un tested.

Dirty Points wrote:

Shows you how close all the bikes must be when the KTM and Husky, based on the same platform with some setup/component differences, bookend the whole field.

Yea and Yamaha won last year ,and really honda is the only new bike . Theres very little difference for Yamaha, kawi ,and ktm this year . So its kind of what test riders you get really . Have 5 different riders its prob a different result, husky could of won .

|

10/16/2020 12:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2020 12:26 PM

I think more what we’re seeing in modern days isn’t so much that one bike is “the best”, it’s more that they all have their own traits and characteristics that can benefit some riders and be a handicap to others. One rider might want a bike that revs slower and feels more planted, another might want one that revs quicker and feels a little more lively, at that point it’s just personal preference.

I think there almost needs to be some sort of set metrics to compare the bikes on, not necessarily rank them. Maybe some sort of 1-10 rating based on things like engine feel, handling quickness, suspension firmness, etc where a “1” isn’t necessarily bad and a “10” isn’t necessarily good, it’s just purely to quantify a feeling. What we end up with now is drastically exaggerated takes, please don’t tell me a bike is “lightyears” or “night and day” better when all they did was change the engine hangers. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

10/16/2020 12:55 PM

JM485 wrote:

I think more what we’re seeing in modern days isn’t so much that one bike is “the best”, it’s more that they all have their own traits and characteristics that can benefit some riders and be a handicap to others. One rider might want a bike that revs slower and feels more planted, another might want one that revs quicker and feels a little more lively, at that point it’s just personal preference.

I think there almost needs to be some sort of set metrics to compare the bikes on, not necessarily rank them. Maybe some sort of 1-10 rating based on things like engine feel, handling quickness, suspension firmness, etc where a “1” isn’t necessarily bad and a “10” isn’t necessarily good, it’s just purely to quantify a feeling. What we end up with now is drastically exaggerated takes, please don’t tell me a bike is “lightyears” or “night and day” better when all they did was change the engine hangers. . .

100%

They all have their different characteristics and like you said, what some test rider might find as a pro, as a consumer I might find it as a con. What you suggested is typically how I like to read into reviews and I ignore whatever place a bike was ranked by someone else. New CRF450...feels lighter than previous generation, slightly more compliant chassis, still has that familiar Honda cockpit feel...I'm sold. Don't really care where someone ranks it along side other bikes. I'm more interested in what its handling and power characteristics are.

|

10/16/2020 1:05 PM

We can move on from the weight issue too. These bikes have the mass at the center, e start, quality components and do what we need them to do. Today a 230 lb 450 feels lighter than a 230lb 450 did 12 years ago and from a ride ability point of view blows The old bikes away. These are amazing machines.

It’s like the MTB weight argument. The components and geometry have made the weight thing a non issue. If you have a modern Mountain bike that is 30lbs or less that’s as good as it gets. Anything less can be achieved however the cost isn’t worth it.

|

10/16/2020 1:06 PM

Way to many variables to account for..

|

10/16/2020 1:17 PM

BobbyLight wrote:

Kawasaki was best its ever been. KTM and Kawasaki pretty much tied. Honda wouldn't track and Yamaha was hard to corner.

|

10/16/2020 1:22 PM

Banner ad is pretty suspect.....
Photo

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/16/2020 2:15 PM

ajv#26 wrote:

Paying attention to up and down votes, is the definition of cornflake.

|

10/16/2020 2:27 PM

Guy is going to do it himself. Mulligan.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/16/2020 2:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2020 2:30 PM

Ok, here is my Q-Anon, whacked out, Grondahl- approved conspiracy theory on why the shootout was removed.

A certain manufacturer saw their bike's mediocre results, and offered to provide Vital with a new motorcycle that has a Re-flashed ECU?

Take new bike and re- test please. OR ELSE.

IF that is true then good for Vital because it shows their test results are taken seriously...

|