Henry Miller needs a bike for Ironman...

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/24/2017 2:47pm
Henry said they aren't allowing him to race the 2 stroke Sad
tcallahan707
8/24/2017 3:07pm
colintrax wrote:
There is no reason that he should not be allowed to race that bike. It's the same bike that was homologated and it obviously does not have a competitive advantage. This was an opportunity to do something positive for a racer and for the sport and the ball was dropped.

I'm cutting up my card and boycotting all AMA-sanctioned events, especially MX Sports owned Loretta's qualifiers. The sanctioning body should support the riders first. Clearly, they are just puppets for the manufacturers. They don't deserve my money.

I also happen to be on the board for our state series and we've had discussions about whether AMA sanctioning is the right move for us. Maybe it's time to renew those discussions... Whistling
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/24/2017 3:24pm
colintrax wrote:
There is no reason that he should not be allowed to race that bike. It's the same bike that was homologated and it obviously does not...
There is no reason that he should not be allowed to race that bike. It's the same bike that was homologated and it obviously does not have a competitive advantage. This was an opportunity to do something positive for a racer and for the sport and the ball was dropped.

I'm cutting up my card and boycotting all AMA-sanctioned events, especially MX Sports owned Loretta's qualifiers. The sanctioning body should support the riders first. Clearly, they are just puppets for the manufacturers. They don't deserve my money.

I also happen to be on the board for our state series and we've had discussions about whether AMA sanctioning is the right move for us. Maybe it's time to renew those discussions... Whistling
If you get this emotional over Henry Miller not being able to race a 2016 YZ250 at the final round of the series, I can't even imagine what hell your day to day life must be.
tcallahan707
8/24/2017 4:06pm
colintrax wrote:
There is no reason that he should not be allowed to race that bike. It's the same bike that was homologated and it obviously does not...

GrapeApe wrote:
If you get this emotional over Henry Miller not being able to race a 2016 YZ250 at the final round of the series, I can't even...
If you get this emotional over Henry Miller not being able to race a 2016 YZ250 at the final round of the series, I can't even imagine what hell your day to day life must be.
I'd rather support what's right than what's popular and I vote with my dollars. It's how change really happens.

Based on you feeling like I am overly emotional, I can only assume that you feel like I am being irrational. Give me a rational explanation for why Henry Miller can't race a 2016 YZ250 in 2017 against 450cc four strokes. Maybe then will I reevaluate my life and the hell I supposedly live in.

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/24/2017 4:13pm
colintrax wrote:

At the end of the day the rules are rules. I hate it, cause I really wanted to see him railing corners on a smoker. But it ain't really suprising
tcallahan707
8/24/2017 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 4:24pm
colintrax wrote:

colintrax wrote:
At the end of the day the rules are rules. I hate it, cause I really wanted to see him railing corners on a smoker. But...
At the end of the day the rules are rules. I hate it, cause I really wanted to see him railing corners on a smoker. But it ain't really suprising
"Davey has mentioned on here before that they will review exceptions on a case by case basis. He allowed a newer yz250's to race in the nationals just last year if memory serves me correct because "nothing significant has changed since the homologated year". They have also allowed bikes older than 5 years to race and said that they would make exceptions depending on the situation. I think it would have been wise to at least shoot him an email asking if they would let this kid ride the '16 yz250 before just giving up on the idea. Just my opinion because it would have made the race a little more interesting for me personally to watch."

I understand if they choose to follow the rules, but I'm operating under the assumption that the above is true. MX Sports, AMA, and Feld have a history of bending/applying rules as they see fit so I really can't accept it if they told Henry "rules are rules". If it were Stew, you know he's lining up.
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
8/24/2017 4:23pm

What exactly are the benefits of being AMA sanctioned? The only difference I notice is I have to give them money and I honestly think some of the non sanctioned events are more fun.
tcallahan707
8/24/2017 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 4:32pm

What exactly are the benefits of being AMA sanctioned? The only difference I notice is I have to give them money and I honestly think some...
What exactly are the benefits of being AMA sanctioned? The only difference I notice is I have to give them money and I honestly think some of the non sanctioned events are more fun.
I wasn't too involved in the previous discussions but my understanding of the benefits are mainly insurance and getting a LLQ qualifier every year and a regional every few (we try to support our promoters as best we can). Tracks can still get a LL race without us being AMA but it won't be one of our points paying races. It will be a stand alone race and turnout will be affected because Loretta's isn't a massive drawn for our area. I wonder how many local racers throw $10 to MX Sports that weekend with no real plans to go to the regional. Bet they don't show up for a LLQ only race.

Post a reply to: Henry Miller needs a bike for Ironman...

The Latest