Help with a bike for my Dad before Mayo Clinic appt.

Ericrob7
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 10:04pm
My Dad is currently dealing with renal failure each kidney is about 12%. Hes off to the Mayo Clinic on Father’s Day to MN. His history with with sport goes way back to the hare scramble days on his Husky250 in the 70’s to early 80’s. Since then him and I watch all the races, and he got me into it as well..probably like most of the people on this forum (passed from father to son)

If there’s anyone who could loan a bike that may be from the Illinois area, I would love to ride with my dad again, as I don’t know if he’ll be able to ride again after his trip to the Mayo Clinic. I know this is reaching, but the motocross community has always been there for each other. With the medical bills we aren’t in a position to get a bike for him.

Thanks,
Eric.
|
motox11
6/4/2018 6:41pm
Dang. So sorry to hear and hope all goes well. I'd like to think there is somebody on this crazy forum that's willing to help you out. This sport has special meaning to all of us and a lot of us cherish the moments of riding with family.
jeffro503
6/4/2018 6:48pm
I can't help you with a bike Eric , as I'm up here in the NW. But I wish you and your dad the best and hope everything turns out ok with his treatment. And yep.....my dad got me into this sport as well in about 1976.
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 6:59pm
motox11 wrote:
Dang. So sorry to hear and hope all goes well. I'd like to think there is somebody on this crazy forum that's willing to help you...
Dang. So sorry to hear and hope all goes well. I'd like to think there is somebody on this crazy forum that's willing to help you out. This sport has special meaning to all of us and a lot of us cherish the moments of riding with family.
Appreciate the words my friend.
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 7:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can't help you with a bike Eric , as I'm up here in the NW. But I wish you and your dad the best and...
I can't help you with a bike Eric , as I'm up here in the NW. But I wish you and your dad the best and hope everything turns out ok with his treatment. And yep.....my dad got me into this sport as well in about 1976.
Thanks for the kind words my friend

The Shop

andy
6/4/2018 7:18pm
Good luck to your dad. I'm sure a local wiill help you out!
6/4/2018 7:26pm
Can't help you with a bike, but here's some inspiration from my friend Peter Villacaro who is on dialysis. This photo was taken a few years back at a vintage event.

Peter is still racing today...

newmann
6/4/2018 7:44pm
Can't help you with a bike, but here's some inspiration from my friend Peter Villacaro who is on dialysis. This photo was taken a few years...
Can't help you with a bike, but here's some inspiration from my friend Peter Villacaro who is on dialysis. This photo was taken a few years back at a vintage event.

I hate to hear that about Peter. Such a good guy and a great part of the Florida vintage scene. The shit he pulled together to get all those crazy fucking Italians over here for the Vintage Pro Ams at Swan MX Park here in Texas back in the early 2000's. He had a damned 18 wheeler trailer load of bikes for everyone to race. And he kept all of them going through the weekend. Those were some good times! You have to flip over a lot of damned rocks to find people like him.

I miss all of the Florida crew who made the trek to Texas to kick our asses. Keep on keeping on!!!Wink
rob162
6/4/2018 9:58pm
Ericrob7 wrote:
My Dad is currently dealing with renal failure each kidney is about 12%. Hes off to the Mayo Clinic on Father’s Day to MN. His history...
My Dad is currently dealing with renal failure each kidney is about 12%. Hes off to the Mayo Clinic on Father’s Day to MN. His history with with sport goes way back to the hare scramble days on his Husky250 in the 70’s to early 80’s. Since then him and I watch all the races, and he got me into it as well..probably like most of the people on this forum (passed from father to son)

If there’s anyone who could loan a bike that may be from the Illinois area, I would love to ride with my dad again, as I don’t know if he’ll be able to ride again after his trip to the Mayo Clinic. I know this is reaching, but the motocross community has always been there for each other. With the medical bills we aren’t in a position to get a bike for him.

Thanks,
Eric.
Where are you planning on riding? Iloaded with work this week but If parts come in for my practice bike or my 125 and i can get one together i might be able to help out.
jeffro503
6/4/2018 10:04pm
Can't help you with a bike, but here's some inspiration from my friend Peter Villacaro who is on dialysis. This photo was taken a few years...

newmann wrote:
I hate to hear that about Peter. Such a good guy and a great part of the Florida vintage scene. The shit he pulled together to...
I hate to hear that about Peter. Such a good guy and a great part of the Florida vintage scene. The shit he pulled together to get all those crazy fucking Italians over here for the Vintage Pro Ams at Swan MX Park here in Texas back in the early 2000's. He had a damned 18 wheeler trailer load of bikes for everyone to race. And he kept all of them going through the weekend. Those were some good times! You have to flip over a lot of damned rocks to find people like him.

I miss all of the Florida crew who made the trek to Texas to kick our asses. Keep on keeping on!!!Wink
I'd like to know more on this Newmann. Sounds like one awesome dude for sure!
6/5/2018 1:09am

newmann wrote:
I hate to hear that about Peter. Such a good guy and a great part of the Florida vintage scene. The shit he pulled together to...

jeffro503 wrote:
I'd like to know more on this Newmann. Sounds like one awesome dude for sure!
Pete's a certified badass and all around good guy. He's one of the reasons this sport is so good.

He's what motocross from my era is all about. Before it was a lifestyle it was a life choice. He's done a little of everything in motorcycling. Moto in New England, drag racing, Bonneville, international connections, Vintage racing before it was cool.

I searched for years for a photo that appeared in the New England mag Cycle Sport that was taken at Southwick in 1974 when I went up with Team South for a match race with Team North. Pete dug thru his archived mags and posted it out of the blue.

I was 14 at the time. That was only 44 years ago...

Post a reply to: Help with a bike for my Dad before Mayo Clinic appt.

The Latest