Help please! Need everyone's input.

2/3/2020 7:21am
When you are at the practice track, race track, or trail. Whether it is your local spot or someplace you have never visited.

HOW DO PEOPLE FIND the photo galleries / videos from any photographers that may be on hand any given day that you go riding?

More photographers and videographers are shooting and filming at all of our local riding spots these days. but often times we all do not get the chance to talk to them, get their info, they don't have cards to give you ect.

Put yourself in this situation....

Let's say you saw 5 people shooting photos, you don't know who they are and did not get to speak to them. You absolutely shred this one berm and know at least one or two of them were snapping away in that corner. Your sure they got the kind of photo of you that is worth getting printed and putting on your wall.

What methods do you use to find the photos and videos taken of you riding?

I listed some things but please elaborate if possible or respond with your own answer/ words.
Poll

Possible options

Choices
|
SEEMEFIRST
2/3/2020 8:27am
I would join local forums and post pics with your info.
If you have your own site, you could get shirts printed with your info and wear them while shooting.
2/3/2020 8:37am
All our local tracks here in the Midwest communicate information primarily through their Facebook pages. Post a link to your photo galleries on the track FB page.
2/3/2020 8:40am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I would join local forums and post pics with your info. If you have your own site, you could get shirts printed with your info and...
I would join local forums and post pics with your info.
If you have your own site, you could get shirts printed with your info and wear them while shooting.
Definitely a good call! Right now I am just trying to do some research. Working on something and need to gather some data in order to make some decisions.

But your 100% right and that is exactly what I did when I started out. This is just unrelated to my own photography. More interesting in people's general actions and mindset on how they go about finding the info.

What do you normally do? Let's say your at a track you have never ridden. You don't know any of the 3 or 4 photographers shooting that day and are to busy to talk to them. You know at least one or two of them were snapping away when you dragged bar in this one turn. What do you do to find that photo?
2/3/2020 8:43am
All our local tracks here in the Midwest communicate information primarily through their Facebook pages. Post a link to your photo galleries on the track FB...
All our local tracks here in the Midwest communicate information primarily through their Facebook pages. Post a link to your photo galleries on the track FB page.
Do they normally post links to any photographer who was shooting at their track?

That's really awesome that they do that.

The Shop

Hoseclamp
Fantasy
632nd
2/3/2020 8:51am
My wife does pics at our track. She has business cards to hand out to people that ask and she puts a "highlight reel" on her photography facebook page. Everybody shares the facebook page with friends/family so she has a bunch of followers or whatever. Then when she gets them all posted to her website she will says so on her facebook page and then people have to go to the website and sort through like a million pics to find the ones they want cause everything is in cronological order.
yz133rider
2/3/2020 8:52am
Communicate with the track owners and theyll likely post ur info on their social media when your at the track/races etc. Wont take long and the riders will know you pretty quickly from there if you come consistently.
2/3/2020 9:05am
Appreciate the suggestions. Not exactly the information I am looking for, but I will extract as much as I can from each response. I do appreciate the help!
aeffertz
2/3/2020 9:23am
In your situation, I would go to Instagram, search the track you were at and look at the recent photos that are tagged/checked in to that location. Hopefully some of the people taking photos that posted some and you can ask if they got any of you.

If this isn’t a hypothetical, put the details in this thread too. You never know who reads this stuff.
2/3/2020 9:27am
aeffertz wrote:
In your situation, I would go to Instagram, search the track you were at and look at the recent photos that are tagged/checked in to that...
In your situation, I would go to Instagram, search the track you were at and look at the recent photos that are tagged/checked in to that location. Hopefully some of the people taking photos that posted some and you can ask if they got any of you.

If this isn’t a hypothetical, put the details in this thread too. You never know who reads this stuff.
Awesome! Exactly what I want to know, thank you! Yes this is hypothetical, but your definitely right. I REALLY appreciate your info
2/3/2020 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2020 1:29pm
So is the standard course of action to rely on the tracks Facebook page to find out who was shooting photos, and then on the Instagram side, finding the track and searching the recent posts tagged at that location?

If so can anyone tell me what happens when galleries are posted late, or your on a roadtrip and do not have access or time to search those sources that night?

What do you do if you left home Friday morning, rode one track Friday afternoon, another one Saturday and then again Sunday morning or even a 3rd? Are you going to search for the images on Monday and go down the list of where you rode, one at a time?

Anyones opinion or insight would be appreciated.

I'm trying to understand how the majority of us go about searching for the images taken of us on any given ride or race day
duckdog77
2/3/2020 3:04pm
Our local track posts some of the pictures from the weekend to Facebook and who the photographer was so you can contact them for prints if you’d like.

Post a reply to: Help please! Need everyone's input.

The Latest