Help please. Honda cr250

9/14/2017 3:02pm
MB109 wrote:
What kind of riding are you going to be doing? More track or trail time?
I honestly do not even know yet. This is a brand new adventure and chapter for me. So I believe my friend said he'd take me into some open mostly flat land for a while to give me time to get adjusted and learn the seat of a dirt bike.
9/14/2017 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 3:07pm
Falcon wrote:
VenomGirl, are you totally confident and comfortable on your F3? That bike is roughly equivalent to a 125 2-stroke like the YZ125 discussed above, or maybe...
VenomGirl, are you totally confident and comfortable on your F3? That bike is roughly equivalent to a 125 2-stroke like the YZ125 discussed above, or maybe a 250 four stroke. (250F is maybe more like a 750.)

If you like the power and feel just fine on the 600, a 125 would be great for you. You can ride it fast and probably won't get into too much trouble. A 250 2 stroke makes some serious power when it comes on the pipe and you have to be ready for it. I've seen women who can handle it and I've seen some who could not.
For all I know, you could be a better rider than I am, so you might be fine on a KX500 - someone will come along pretty soon in this thread and recommend one of those, I'm sure. Wink
I am very comfortable on my little 600 f4i. I absolutely love it. Am very solid and I like to feel like a good rider. But I suppose that depends on the riding. I don't take curves at 110 mph lol. But I've been hearing riding dirt bikes is totally opposite of a street bike etc so. I don't mean to be annoying and have a lack of answers. I'm just beginning and don't really know much so. I do however appreciate all the time everyone is putting into helping me make decisions and learn. It means a lot to receive niceness on this issue
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/14/2017 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 5:07pm
Falcon wrote:
VenomGirl, are you totally confident and comfortable on your F3? That bike is roughly equivalent to a 125 2-stroke like the YZ125 discussed above, or maybe...
VenomGirl, are you totally confident and comfortable on your F3? That bike is roughly equivalent to a 125 2-stroke like the YZ125 discussed above, or maybe a 250 four stroke. (250F is maybe more like a 750.)

If you like the power and feel just fine on the 600, a 125 would be great for you. You can ride it fast and probably won't get into too much trouble. A 250 2 stroke makes some serious power when it comes on the pipe and you have to be ready for it. I've seen women who can handle it and I've seen some who could not.
For all I know, you could be a better rider than I am, so you might be fine on a KX500 - someone will come along pretty soon in this thread and recommend one of those, I'm sure. Wink
VenomGirl3 wrote:
I am very comfortable on my little 600 f4i. I absolutely love it. Am very solid and I like to feel like a good rider. But...
I am very comfortable on my little 600 f4i. I absolutely love it. Am very solid and I like to feel like a good rider. But I suppose that depends on the riding. I don't take curves at 110 mph lol. But I've been hearing riding dirt bikes is totally opposite of a street bike etc so. I don't mean to be annoying and have a lack of answers. I'm just beginning and don't really know much so. I do however appreciate all the time everyone is putting into helping me make decisions and learn. It means a lot to receive niceness on this issue
If you had to characterize your "favorite" rev range on the CBR, which would it be?

A ) 2000-5000 RPM?
B ) 5000-8000 RPM?
C ) 8000-13000 RPM?

A = The 125 would be best
B= 125, 250 4 stroke or maybe 250 2-stroke if you're careful
C= ride whatever the hell you want; you can handle it! Wink

The Shop

FTB
9/14/2017 5:11pm
Falcon wrote:

VenomGirl3 wrote:
I am very comfortable on my little 600 f4i. I absolutely love it. Am very solid and I like to feel like a good rider. But...
Falcon wrote:
If you had to characterize your "favorite" rev range on the CBR, which would it be? A ) 2000-5000 RPM? B ) 5000-8000 RPM? C )...
If you had to characterize your "favorite" rev range on the CBR, which would it be?

A ) 2000-5000 RPM?
B ) 5000-8000 RPM?
C ) 8000-13000 RPM?

A = The 125 would be best
B= 125, 250 4 stroke or maybe 250 2-stroke if you're careful
C= ride whatever the hell you want; you can handle it! Wink
Over here in Oz, we have the "Special Solo" motorcycle police. To get into that squad, you need to be both skilled in off road and on road (They ride both).
I went for a ride with a bloke who was trying to get into that squad, he'd never ridden dirt bikes. After watching him crash his brains out for a full weekend, I hate to say I don't think he was gonna make the cut Laughing .

I've always ridden both on road and off. I didn't think it would be hard to go from one to the other for most people. I was way wrong Blink .

Post a reply to: Help please. Honda cr250

The Latest