Help me decide, big problem here

MZ193
So, 1st of september i crashed in downhill breaking D2, D3, D4 vertebrae and my collarbone (now have plate and screws).
I can't jump back on my bike before the end of december/january. Here comes the problem:
Should i sell my 2019 kxf 250?
The bike has 70 hours, at 100 i need to do a complete rebuild because in this 70 hours i used HC pistons which may be harder on the crank/rod.
A friend of mine offered 3800€ (the bike has full LM exhaust and KYB forks), i don't know if sell it, and buy a new one/ low hour one when i will come back or just keep it. In both cases i will need to spend money, because in 20/30 hours i will spend about 1000/1300€ for the rebuild.

I really want to change bike And get a 250 2 stroke but thay will mean i need to put 1000/1500€ to get the new/low hour bike.
Help me decide thanks.
Ps: recovery is super boring. Watching MXGP rn
|
tobz
9/30/2020 4:28am
Can see your predicament.

Nothing like a fresh new bike, just saying!
SwapperMX
9/30/2020 5:00am
My vote is sell it. Find a new/low hour bike when you can ride again. Focus on your recovery.
Motofinne
9/30/2020 5:09am
I would definitely sell it, no reason for having a bike that loses in value when you're injured. Heal up and start looking for a new one when you are fit!
Argaudas
Fantasy
4147th
9/30/2020 5:15am
I was in similar situation as you. I decided to keep my old bike since a new one is way out of my budget and atleast I know what I need for it and when to change what, with a new one it is a totally different story, unless you buy a totally new. That's my 2 cents.

The Shop

9/30/2020 5:20am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2020 5:24am
When I was healing I thought hard about it but decided to keep it. Having it there kept me motivated and I knew I could "give it a try" at any time and if it didn't feel good (which it didn't the first time I rode), I could put it back up and try again later. Looking for a bike, getting all excited about it, and then getting on it just to realize you aren't ready would be a bummer. Just my opinion. Oh...and if you sell it now you'll prob. spend the money on other stuff and then maybe you might not be able to get one when you so choose later.

And....hope you heal up quick. Sounds like a rough injury. Take your time, do the therapy and don't rush it. I had to look up "D" vertebrae. I see now that that is what I think of as the Thoracic portion. Rough stuff man...I had to have mine fused. TAKE YOUR TIME. You will get strong and everything will be good but don't rush it and don't over do it. Don't dare try to get your bike off the stand or anything.

Take care.
MZ193
9/30/2020 5:55am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2020 5:56am
Thank you guys for the advices!
Yeah i'm only 18 so i'm not rushing to come back because i want to stay healthy as long as possible in life😄even tho i can't wait to be back the starting gate!
I know a couple of guys with injuries like mine that came back after 2 months and had no problems.
I'm sure that with rehabilitation and some gym i will be back for dec/january.

At this point i think i'm going to sell my bike and as i have cash in my hands i will keep an eye out for some super low hours/new bikes... i'm not in a hurry and i'm sure that in 2/3 months i will find the right deal!
Still have to choose between yz250, sx/tc 250... hard decision!😬

Post a reply to: Help me decide, big problem here

The Latest