Help Settle Bet - Anyone Ever "Quint" in AMA Supercross Track

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 12:06am
So me and a about 10 guys (6 PBR's in) are discussing the upcoming October Monster Energy Supercross. We heard quadding all the time now. Has anyone "Quinted" leaped over 5 obstacles besides whoops? The jury is out! Below is just a interesting reference for all. After seeing the (leaked) previewed track layout on social media, word is someone is going to attempt it and very active on social media.. But for now, has this happen in any previous race?

Number Greek Latin
------ ----- -----
1 mono- uni-
2 duo-/di- duo-/bi-
3 tri- tri-
4 tetra- quad-
5 penta- quint-
6 hex- sex-
7 hept- sept-
8 oct- oct-
9 ennea- non-
10 dec- dec-
20 icosa- vigint-
30 triaconta- trigint-
40 tetraconta- quadragint-
50 pentaconta- quinquagint-
60 hexaconta- sexagint-
70 heptaconta- septuagint-
80 octaconta- octogint-
90 enneaconta- nonagint-
100 hect - cent-
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/4/2018 4:40pm
Sure, but has anybody nonupled anything?
SEE ARE125
9/4/2018 5:02pm
I would say JS7 has, but it depends... is a tabletop a double or a single? Whistling
jeffro503
9/4/2018 5:25pm
I'm on vacation , so I "quinted " right over my first 5 beers today , and I think I'm going to wipe my brain's out on the 6th one. Gonna come up a tad short and knock myself out....for a couple hours. Was a hell of a run and I tried my hardest. I can't keep up like I used to. Be nice to be young again.
9/4/2018 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 5:32pm
No. Short of whoops, such a feet would be impossible, especially considering track designs and the lack of "quintable" obstacles. It's probably happened in those stupid motocross video games.

The times James Stewart quaded stuff, he was barely clearing them:

The Shop

tcallahan707
9/5/2018 7:48am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 7:48am
No. Short of whoops, such a feet would be impossible, especially considering track designs and the lack of "quintable" obstacles. It's probably happened in those stupid...
No. Short of whoops, such a feet would be impossible, especially considering track designs and the lack of "quintable" obstacles. It's probably happened in those stupid motocross video games.

Baggett was jumping a 92 foot quad in 2nd gear this year...
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
9/5/2018 8:07am
"Ya'll know me, know what I do for a living, I'll jump your 5 obstacles, but it aint gonna be easy, and I value my life a lot more than three thousand bucks. I'll find one and check it out for three, but I'll pull the trigger and hit it for ten"

hamncheeze
9/5/2018 8:48am
Man I remember being in Seattle and seeing JS7 come up short on that quad, in person. Looking back now, I realize how hard he was pushing that year to try to match RV but I think in some ways all the head injuries had caught up to him. He was making so many small mistakes that night.

That 2014 race was in the midst of RV's phenomenal SX departure. Led the final 80 laps on his SX career!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/5/2018 9:55am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I stand corrected. Per RacerX, Cooper Webb in Atlanta 2018 on Press Day, but he didn’t pull the trigger in the race.

https://racerxonline.com/2018/03/03/race-day-feed-atlanta
Doesn't count. Hitting two tables is not a quad in my opinion. He was basically hitting a triple. [img]https://cdn.supercrosslive.com/s3fs-public/Atlanta.jpg[/img]
Doesn't count. Hitting two tables is not a quad in my opinion. He was basically hitting a triple.

Actually, hitting two tabletops is a double. Whistling
9/5/2018 11:09am
Falcon wrote:
That's what I said. There's a single in between the two tabletops, hence a triple. Anyone asserting a tabletop counts as a double is a communist.
IWreckALot
9/5/2018 1:28pm
That's what I said. There's a single in between the two tabletops, hence a triple. Anyone asserting a tabletop counts as a double is a communist.
I'm bored at work. Think I'm going to go through your posting history and downvote every one of your posts for taking this thread there.
Racer111
9/5/2018 1:45pm
Falcon wrote:
If a table top is 40 foot and a double is 40 foot, tell me the difference. Specifically the difference in how you approach the two, how your bike reacts differently in the air and how you land?

There is no difference.
OldYZRider1
9/5/2018 2:01pm
When they start jumping six, what will it be described as; "sexing"??

On occasion I've also wondered what the Gillette/Schick marketing departments would do when they develop a six blade razor. Will they call it the "sex" razor?

Deep thoughts by Jack Handey Smile
SPODEBOY
9/5/2018 3:21pm

Clearing a single/ table/ single is a quad. Reed, RC, JS, MC, Emig, KW, and everyone else at the pro level in the history of SX recognizes this. So stop it please.
Stuntman949
9/5/2018 3:46pm
Falcon wrote:
First time I've undoubtedly agreed with you.

Banging a fat chick doesn't make it a threesome, ya know
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/5/2018 4:06pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Clearing a single/ table/ single is a quad. Reed, RC, JS, MC, Emig, KW, and everyone else at the pro level in the history of SX...

Clearing a single/ table/ single is a quad. Reed, RC, JS, MC, Emig, KW, and everyone else at the pro level in the history of SX recognizes this. So stop it please.
Not everybody recognizes it, and those that do are wrong. Just like everyone who thought the Earth was flat in the 1400s. (And everyone who thinks so today!) Wink

Double jump
Triple jump
Quadruple [i]jump[/]

We're not talking about landing zones; we're talking about jumps. But let's not derail this thread, and for the sake of this argument at least, let's concede that a "quintuple" would be any kind of jump that my camp or yours would consider 5 jumps larger than whoops. If you think that means a single and two tabletops, fine.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/5/2018 4:07pm
Falcon wrote:
Cool
Drtbykr
9/5/2018 4:47pm
No. Short of whoops, such a feet would be impossible, especially considering track designs and the lack of "quintable" obstacles. It's probably happened in those stupid...

Baggett was jumping a 92 foot quad in 2nd gear this year...
“I miss him too”...sniff..
9/5/2018 5:12pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Clearing a single/ table/ single is a quad. Reed, RC, JS, MC, Emig, KW, and everyone else at the pro level in the history of SX...

Wrong. That is a triple. A tabletop is just an elongated single. It is not a double. All those acronyms you referenced were just embellishing.
SPODEBOY
9/5/2018 5:45pm
So if you scooped the middle out of the table what would it be? It is a quad with the middle filled in. Go back to 7th grade geometry boys... LoL.
9/5/2018 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 6:19pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
So if you scooped the middle out of the table what would it be? It is a quad with the middle filled in. Go back to...
So if you scooped the middle out of the table what would it be? It is a quad with the middle filled in. Go back to 7th grade geometry boys... LoL.
If you scooped out the middle of a tabletop (aka “elongated single”) you would have two singles, which equates to a double. The key point is there is little consequence to landing in the middle of an elongated single (aka “tabletop”). If you land in between two singles (aka “a double”) you will suffer consequences.

Another way of putting it is if you were to fill in the space between a double, you would have an elongated single (“tabletop”) and you would only fill in the space between a double if you were a wuss and didn’t want to suffer consequences. That’s why vet tracks are nothing but elongated singles; because they are safer.
9/5/2018 6:21pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

So by that logic, a single to table is a triple....which it's not.
brocster
9/5/2018 6:52pm
Wish I could single on then single off that table....oops double you say???
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
9/5/2018 7:06pm
First time I've undoubtedly agreed with you.

Banging a fat chick doesn't make it a threesome, ya know
WoohooLaughing

Post a reply to: Help Settle Bet - Anyone Ever "Quint" in AMA Supercross Track

The Latest