Help Planning FL MX Trip

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2020 6:31 AM

To the Florida Vitards, or those familiar with the area, a friend and I are planning a riding trip the day after Christmas through new years and looking for advice, info, etc. for the trip! I'm thinking we'll leave Raleigh at the ass crack of dawn Saturday morning. Trying to decide which tracks to hit, and which days are best to hit them. Any advice?

Some of the tracks we came across, but open to others or crossing any off the list:
Pineville MX (in SC, ride on the way down or the way back?)
Sandlot
Pax Trax
Waldo
Bostwick
Tampa
Mesa MX

We'll be bumming it and camping out of my sprinter for the most part, but if anyone could help us out with filling our water tank, letting us wash air filters, or even a shower we'd be forever grateful! We're 25 and 30, super chill, and looking for some riding buddies so give me a shout if you want to meet up and ride!

Thanks in advance!

|

12/15/2020 7:04 AM

You left off Orlando MX, it's east Orlando in Bithlo

Not sure where you're planning to be around.

You want tracks or open area?
There is also Croom for fun riding https://www.fdacs.gov/Divisions-Offices/Florida-Forest-Service/Our-Forests/State-Forests/Withlacoochee-State-Forest/Croom-Motorcycle-Area-at-Withlacoochee-State-Forest

That's on the Tampa side

|

Make sure you downvote!

12/15/2020 7:05 AM

There's also the Compound off I-4, between Tampa and Orlando, but you'll need to find out the secret password

|

Make sure you downvote!

12/15/2020 7:17 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

There's also the Compound off I-4, between Tampa and Orlando, but you'll need to find out the secret password

I am most certainly open to DM's for those listening...

Our main goal is tracks but not against trails. I'll look into Croom!

|

12/15/2020 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2020 7:31 AM

Okefenokee MX just south of Folkston Ga. Fun track great owners.
30 minutes from I-95. If you leave early you could ride same day.

|

12/15/2020 7:24 AM

Spyder MX is a great track, They have a solid 2 minute track, turn track, and if i remeber correctly a sand track and possibly a woods loop.

|

12/15/2020 7:36 AM

I’ve done Florida a few times now, some tracks worth checking out are spyder, orlando, 74 mx off-road, Florida tracks&trails now named sandlot mx, bostwick and pax is good depending on the day. Have a blast man, love my annual trip!

|

12/15/2020 8:53 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

There's also the Compound off I-4, between Tampa and Orlando, but you'll need to find out the secret password

ridinbeast932 wrote:

I am most certainly open to DM's for those listening...

Our main goal is tracks but not against trails. I'll look into Croom! ...more

I can help you out with the secret password for that place. Feel free to message me.

|

12/15/2020 7:22 PM

Jack_4196 wrote:

I’ve done Florida a few times now, some tracks worth checking out are spyder, orlando, 74 mx off-road, Florida ...more

Was told today that 74 is only about 5 miles from sandlot .... bonus added another track to ride right after Christmas w00t

|

12/16/2020 4:08 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Was told today that 74 is only about 5 miles from sandlot .... bonus added another track to ride right after Christmas w00t

If it’s 5 miles I’d be surprised. It’s literally on the same road even.

|

12/16/2020 5:38 AM

Highly recommend florida tracks and trails

|

Medically retired (C6, TBI) fast slow guy.

"4th pinned and you'll be fine"

12/16/2020 7:17 AM

I just did a race at battery park off-road (kinda between Charleston and myrtle beach) and I was pleasantly surprised with the track and how sandy it was. I had a blast. I also hear good things about paradise mx in the lower part of sc.

|

12/16/2020 7:25 AM

If you end up deciding to hit sandlot or tampamx shoot me a message. Would be more than happy to meet up.

|

12/16/2020 7:37 AM

kawirider819 wrote:

If you end up deciding to hit sandlot or tampamx shoot me a message. Would be more than happy to meet up.

Awesome! Tentatively thinking The Sandlot 12/30 and Tampa MX 12/31. If you have instagram shoot me a message @breezy_moto.

|

12/16/2020 6:15 PM

No one mentioned WW Ranch in Jacksonville. Is it not open that week? Pax is hit or miss in my opinion, but always open.

|

12/16/2020 7:45 PM

NFMX in Hilliard, Okefenokee just south of Folkston, Ga are both great. Waldo has just been resurfaced and is sweet. Spyder, Dade City is down I-75 towards Tampa MX. Basically there's no shortage of places to ride here in Florida. Enjoy your trip!

|

12/17/2020 3:52 AM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

No one mentioned WW Ranch in Jacksonville. Is it not open that week? Pax is hit or miss in my opinion, but always open.

WW is awesome, but last I heard it's now a training facility and they do very few open rides. Not 100% on that.
The local guys can confirm if this is the case.

|

12/17/2020 4:55 AM

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Awesome! Tentatively thinking The Sandlot 12/30 and Tampa MX 12/31. If you have instagram shoot me a message @breezy_moto.

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Casino is not far from Tampa MX, and even with Covid, that place will likely be a zoo on NYE, so factor that into any traffic movements on surface streets or highways near there.

|

Make sure you downvote!

12/17/2020 4:59 AM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

No one mentioned WW Ranch in Jacksonville. Is it not open that week? Pax is hit or miss in my opinion, but always open.

My buddy called them and they said open for events only. What do you mean by hit or miss...how it's prepped?

|

12/17/2020 5:00 AM

WW is doing some "training facility" type of thing now when not racing

No open training

|

Make sure you downvote!

12/17/2020 5:22 AM

bh wrote:

I just did a race at battery park off-road (kinda between Charleston and myrtle beach) and I was pleasantly surprised with the ...more

I think we're going to stick to the FL tracks for now, maybe hit Okefenokee in GA if anything. We're not too far from SC tracks so will save those for another trip!

|

12/17/2020 5:50 AM

Does anyone know if there is bike rental in FL? My son and I would like to make a trip out for a week of riding and test some of these tracks. We are located in So Cal which has a few companies for MX vacations but not familiar with anything on the east coast?

|

12/17/2020 9:04 AM

quiknic wrote:

Does anyone know if there is bike rental in FL? My son and I would like to make a trip out for a week of riding and test some ...more

What kind of bikes are you looking to rent?

|

12/17/2020 9:05 AM

kawirider819 wrote:

If you end up deciding to hit sandlot or tampamx shoot me a message. Would be more than happy to meet up.

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Awesome! Tentatively thinking The Sandlot 12/30 and Tampa MX 12/31. If you have instagram shoot me a message @breezy_moto.

EngIceDave wrote:

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Casino is not far from Tampa MX, and even with Covid, that place will likely be a zoo on NYE, so ...more

Back roads, Dave! See you at Hardrock NYE!

|

12/17/2020 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2020 9:35 AM

No way, bro

There's the guy in Miami who rents MX bikes, Miami Moto or something like that

Mario or Billy at Palmetto Motorsports in Miami would know.

|

Make sure you downvote!

12/17/2020 9:40 AM

WFO72 wrote:

NFMX in Hilliard, Okefenokee just south of Folkston, Ga are both great. Waldo has just been resurfaced and is sweet. Spyder, ...more

Definitely a lot to choose from! Not making for easy decisions!

|

12/17/2020 9:45 AM

kawirider819 wrote:

If you end up deciding to hit sandlot or tampamx shoot me a message. Would be more than happy to meet up.

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Awesome! Tentatively thinking The Sandlot 12/30 and Tampa MX 12/31. If you have instagram shoot me a message @breezy_moto.

EngIceDave wrote:

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Casino is not far from Tampa MX, and even with Covid, that place will likely be a zoo on NYE, so ...more

Good to know, appreciate the heads up!

|

12/17/2020 10:13 AM

quiknic wrote:

Does anyone know if there is bike rental in FL? My son and I would like to make a trip out for a week of riding and test some ...more

Renner153 wrote:

What kind of bikes are you looking to rent?

Mainly newer (2018-2021) motocross bikes, do not have a major preference if there are well maintained and in good working order. Not sure if they allow racing of the bikes but it would be great to also race somewhere outside of CA for a change. We would also be down to race or ride some EVO 80’s or 90’s two strokes but That is probably a pipe dream. I think they would be hard to find in good shape and anyone willing to let someone else put time on them.

|

12/17/2020 10:14 AM

Following...Making a trip to FL as well and heard that Sandlot only runs open practice with no separate skill level/bike size sessions so it can be pretty sketchy. Making me reconsider it as a moto destination.

|

12/17/2020 10:52 AM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

No one mentioned WW Ranch in Jacksonville. Is it not open that week? Pax is hit or miss in my opinion, but always open.

ridinbeast932 wrote:

My buddy called them and they said open for events only. What do you mean by hit or miss...how it's prepped?

Yes on Pax. We've been there when it was decent, and been there when it sucked as well. I've never been but have friends that stay at Spyder and Waldo all winter. So they must be decent. I would like to try Spyder.

That sucks to hear that WW is no longer having any open practice days.

|