Help! - Justin Starling

Edited Date/Time 7/31/2013 6:51am
Hey Vital peeps! My name is Justin Starling, I have been racing the 250 class in the outdoor nationals as a privateer. As a lot of you know it is very very hard to do this sport as a privateer out of your own pocket. I was forced to miss the Washougal national from my pockets just not being deep enough to pay for the gas, hotel, entry fee's, and food. I set up a donation page to help fund my travels to the last three nationals. Any money would help even if it is only 1 dollar! Thank you to everyone who has supported me and watched me at the races!

Here is the link to the donation page!
http://www.gofundme.com/3ro2z0
|
jamma10
7/30/2013 2:54pm
Huck will sort you out, he's always keen to lend a hand to privateers...
smoker
7/30/2013 2:59pm
way to go on Wife Swap!

How weird was that lady?
Lucifa.
7/30/2013 3:00pm
My daddy kicked me in the arse and told me to go and get a part time job when I asked him for money to pay for my racing. So I got one.
Outsider
7/30/2013 3:02pm
This isn't going to end well...

The Shop

JW381
7/30/2013 3:06pm
Dunno who put you up to this, but they must not visit this forum very much lol
7/30/2013 3:08pm
JW381 wrote:
Haha I did it myself. I visit the Vital Forums pretty much everyday.. I know how it all works lol
7eleven
7/30/2013 3:12pm
Outsider wrote:
This isn't going to end well...
I am well prepared for the hate haha
You should post a little more result info so we can see you're legit and working your ass off! It's easier for you to gain support when we believe in someone's cause. Any points yet? Are you making moto's? Do you have pics of a hot sister or girlfriend?....
These are the facts that will help your cause.
smoker
7/30/2013 3:16pm
he's got a hot sister, don't you watch tv?

hey starling, I see your name on the ticker and I'm always rooting for ya. You've done pretty well lately. Had some decent starts too.
JW381
7/30/2013 3:17pm
JW381 wrote:
Haha I did it myself. I visit the Vital Forums pretty much everyday.. I know how it all works lol
Well good luck then, man. Kick some funds my way if you have extra lol
peelout
7/30/2013 3:17pm
JW381 wrote:
best of luck, bro
7/30/2013 3:18pm
7eleven wrote:
You should post a little more result info so we can see you're legit and working your ass off! It's easier for you to gain support...
You should post a little more result info so we can see you're legit and working your ass off! It's easier for you to gain support when we believe in someone's cause. Any points yet? Are you making moto's? Do you have pics of a hot sister or girlfriend?....
Haha!

I have made every race straight out of practice. I have 9 points. I only have one bike, I get to ride once a week... if that! the last three motos I have been top 20 each time. the second moto at Millville my motor blew up. I went 19-38 for 22nd.
I have raced every round except for Washougal.

Here is a link to a Vurb Moto interview that was posted today

http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/justin-starling-bridging-gap/14710/
JW381
7/30/2013 3:34pm
Your family seemed pretty wealthy when we saw you on TV a few years back, is there a reason for all the financial trouble? That might help your cause, just saying. I'm in no position to help, so all I can offer is luck haha
mx836
7/30/2013 3:39pm
JW381 wrote:
Your family seemed pretty wealthy when we saw you on TV a few years back, is there a reason for all the financial trouble? That might...
Your family seemed pretty wealthy when we saw you on TV a few years back, is there a reason for all the financial trouble? That might help your cause, just saying. I'm in no position to help, so all I can offer is luck haha
Ever think the family might not be paying for it? Good luck the rest of the season Justin. Hopefully not too many d-bags chime in with their retarded comments.
7/30/2013 3:41pm
JW381 wrote:
Your family seemed pretty wealthy when we saw you on TV a few years back, is there a reason for all the financial trouble? That might...
Absolutely, my parents business used to do very well. Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors to pay for everything. The economy took a toll on my dads business and he is not able to help me the way he used to be able to. It's been just about a year and a half since my dad has been to one of my races. He has to stay home and work as much as possible. My family still tries to help with as much as they can but it still is not enough to drive 4k plus miles with the price of gas and hotels and entry fees. That is why I am reaching out for help. Every bit of money I make goes right into gas for the bike, truck, hotels, and food to eat and at the end of the day, It is just not enough to be able to afford the rest of the series
JW381
7/30/2013 3:50pm
JW381 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Ever think the family might not be paying for it? Good luck the rest of the season Justin. Hopefully not too many d-bags chime in with...
Ever think the family might not be paying for it? Good luck the rest of the season Justin. Hopefully not too many d-bags chime in with their retarded comments.
Dude, fuck off. It was a legitimate question that Justin answered very well. What's wrong with asking why the family can't pay for it anymore if he's asking for money from strangers? You need to brush up on your reading comprehension, dipshit.
JW381
7/30/2013 3:52pm
JW381 wrote:
Absolutely, my parents business used to do very well. Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors...
Absolutely, my parents business used to do very well. Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors to pay for everything. The economy took a toll on my dads business and he is not able to help me the way he used to be able to. It's been just about a year and a half since my dad has been to one of my races. He has to stay home and work as much as possible. My family still tries to help with as much as they can but it still is not enough to drive 4k plus miles with the price of gas and hotels and entry fees. That is why I am reaching out for help. Every bit of money I make goes right into gas for the bike, truck, hotels, and food to eat and at the end of the day, It is just not enough to be able to afford the rest of the series
Sorry to hear buddy, I hope you get some help. I'm sure you see the countless comments on here about how we all wish the riders could get paid more. Unfortunately none of us are in real positions to help with any of that or change prize money/pay outs etc. Make sure you thank your mum dad for getting you where you are, and keep trucking a long and riding hard!
mx836
7/30/2013 3:57pm
JW381 wrote:
Dude, fuck off. It was a legitimate question that Justin answered very well. What's wrong with asking why the family can't pay for it anymore if...
Dude, fuck off. It was a legitimate question that Justin answered very well. What's wrong with asking why the family can't pay for it anymore if he's asking for money from strangers? You need to brush up on your reading comprehension, dipshit.
If I was talking about you, I would have said, "Hopefully not too many MORE d-bags chime in with their retarded comments." dipshit. So, fuck off yourself. And perhaps it's none of your business what his parents financial situation is, dipshit. Keep up the name calling internet tough guy.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/30/2013 4:03pm
Go BIG! J/K - maybe make some videos like Derrick Anderson, seems to help him get some support. Anything to seperate you from the other privateers trying to make a go of it.
JW381
7/30/2013 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 4:08pm
JW381 wrote:
Dude, fuck off. It was a legitimate question that Justin answered very well. What's wrong with asking why the family can't pay for it anymore if...
mx836 wrote:
If I was talking about you, I would have said, "Hopefully not too many MORE d-bags chime in with their retarded comments." dipshit. So, fuck off...
If I was talking about you, I would have said, "Hopefully not too many MORE d-bags chime in with their retarded comments." dipshit. So, fuck off yourself. And perhaps it's none of your business what his parents financial situation is, dipshit. Keep up the name calling internet tough guy.
If a kid comes on an internet forum with strangers asking for donations, those people deserve to know why he, or his family, is having trouble paying for it themselves. Especially when he's been on TV before, living a pretty comfy life, in the past.

How were you not talking to me, you quoted my post with a direct question to me?
mx836
7/30/2013 4:08pm
JW381 wrote:
If a kid comes on an internet forum with strangers asking for donations, those people deserve to know why he, or his family, is having trouble...
If a kid comes on an internet forum with strangers asking for donations, those people deserve to know why he, or his family, is having trouble paying for it themselves. Especially when he's been on TV before, living a pretty comfy life, in the past.

How were you not talking to me, you quoted my post with a direct question to me?
Was your little shit fit over that one simple question that was not offensive in any way? You already said yourself that you won't be donating, so what are you worried about? Perhaps you are the one who needs work in the reading comprehension department. Back on topic.
CCMX
7/30/2013 4:11pm
One year at Loretta's, don't remember, '02, '03 or so, in one of the 85 classes you had a white RM 85. Still the best looking 85 yet.
JW381
7/30/2013 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 4:13pm
JW381 wrote:
If a kid comes on an internet forum with strangers asking for donations, those people deserve to know why he, or his family, is having trouble...

mx836 wrote:
Was your little shit fit over that one simple question that was not offensive in any way? You already said yourself that you won't be donating...
Was your little shit fit over that one simple question that was not offensive in any way? You already said yourself that you won't be donating, so what are you worried about? Perhaps you are the one who needs work in the reading comprehension department. Back on topic.
I'm not worried about a thing, that question was aimed at helping Justin, since I can't donate. It's already been mentioned, people want backgrounds and race results, not just empty hands stretched out. So, by asking Justin why they're having financial trouble, he answers and sheds some light on the topic, possibly helping his efforts. I didn't take offense to your comment, but it was just stupid and reeked of bad attitude. I dunno, back on topic.
JW381
7/30/2013 4:17pm
7eleven wrote:
You should post a little more result info so we can see you're legit and working your ass off! It's easier for you to gain support...
This is what I'm referring to, people who can maybe help want more than just "I'm trying really hard and motocross is expensive." Justin answered the question I asked with no problem, anyway.
mx836
7/30/2013 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 4:26pm
JW381 wrote:

mx836 wrote:
Was your little shit fit over that one simple question that was not offensive in any way? You already said yourself that you won't be donating...
JW381 wrote:
I'm not worried about a thing, that question was aimed at helping Justin, since I can't donate. It's already been mentioned, people want backgrounds and race...
I'm not worried about a thing, that question was aimed at helping Justin, since I can't donate. It's already been mentioned, people want backgrounds and race results, not just empty hands stretched out. So, by asking Justin why they're having financial trouble, he answers and sheds some light on the topic, possibly helping his efforts. I didn't take offense to your comment, but it was just stupid and reeked of bad attitude. I dunno, back on topic.
Yep, stupid, just like your responses. HAHA Cool story...bro. I don't care what you were referring to as soon as you attacked me like an adolescent girl.
newmann
7/30/2013 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 4:24pm
JW381 wrote:
Absolutely, my parents business used to do very well. Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors...
Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors to pay for everything.

This is the part that pisses me off. Amateurs getting all of this support yet once they turn pro they get shit on. It's backwards. Amateurs getting treated like rockstars and pros not getting diddley shit.

I see the name rolling across the screen quite often and keep an eye out for your finish. Best of luck out there Justin!

Do you have any trick stuff laying around for the CR125's you might want to sell? Seem to recall you having a pretty nice fleet of bikes quite a while back.
Xeno
7/30/2013 4:24pm
Haha! I have made every race straight out of practice. I have 9 points. I only have one bike, I get to ride once a week...
Haha!

I have made every race straight out of practice. I have 9 points. I only have one bike, I get to ride once a week... if that! the last three motos I have been top 20 each time. the second moto at Millville my motor blew up. I went 19-38 for 22nd.
I have raced every round except for Washougal.

Here is a link to a Vurb Moto interview that was posted today

http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/justin-starling-bridging-gap/14710/
Good for you, Justin. The only way people will know you are looking for help is if you tell them- like you are doing here.

There are private sponsors who want spend fun money with hard-working racers. I know this because I have connected these folks with racers in the past. Just keep doing what you are doing.

I do have one suggestion: Promote the sponsors who give you money or products that are directly related to you racing a motorcycle- parts, gear, oil, tires, ect. The freeloaders who clutter your program with decals as a "bro deal" can move on. Are they really your bro when you need to rebuild your motor?
JW381
7/30/2013 4:25pm
JW381 wrote:
newmann wrote:
[i] Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors to pay for everything.[/i] This is the part...
Also at the time I had a crazy amount of support from American Honda and other sponsors to pay for everything.

This is the part that pisses me off. Amateurs getting all of this support yet once they turn pro they get shit on. It's backwards. Amateurs getting treated like rockstars and pros not getting diddley shit.

I see the name rolling across the screen quite often and keep an eye out for your finish. Best of luck out there Justin!

Do you have any trick stuff laying around for the CR125's you might want to sell? Seem to recall you having a pretty nice fleet of bikes quite a while back.
I agree, it's very backwards. I mean part of it is obviously results driven, but still. Kids shouldn't be living like pros before they're pro.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
7/30/2013 4:38pm
Best of luck to you, ultra-competitive class so anyone that can hit top 20's has some talent and determination.

Hopefully some support will come your way, either donations or maybe additional sponsor support.

I for one never really heard of you, but I don't watch dumb TV shows or follow amateur MX. But I will now be watching for you on the scoring during the race, so I am sure at least a few more Vitards know your name and will do the same.

As for those that may blast you for asking for donations, ignore that shit. You obviously have talent, seem well spoken, and handle Vital abuse well. Work hard and good things may come your way. And it never hurts to ask, you will never get a damn thing in life if you don't ask.

Post a reply to: Help! - Justin Starling

The Latest