Help Gravett Racing & his family! ***TEXAS Flood Related***

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2017 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2017 7:32 PM

I've never done this before, and I hope I don't catch a bunch of negative shit for doing it. But I feel like it's the right thing to. Please take time and read the link.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-gravett-racing?pc=expt_em_co_shareflow_m_89_2&rcid=r01-150431931598-0bbf03ee5b2e4930
Photo

Photo

|

9/1/2017 8:09 PM

I don't think anyone would hassle you over trying to help someone who has been affected by the disaster in Texas.

it would help if your post included info like "Texas flood related"

Best of luck to all involved

|

9/1/2017 8:24 PM

Good idea. Thanks man.

|

9/1/2017 8:26 PM

Thousands of people are in the same boat. Myself included. You gonna start a go fund me for everyone involved in the flood. Just because some one has a race shop or something shouldn't deem them special treatment. it's a bad situation for everyone involved.

|

9/1/2017 8:37 PM

CrGuy2T, you are exactly right. This is a terrible ordeal for everyone. Myself included. I understand it may make some ppl angry reading these type of things, and I apologize if it does. But I'm trying to help him and his family the best I can. I've gone through three of these horrible floods and it's terrible times to go through. I wish you and your family the best crguy2t. And I hope that you guys are getting all the help you can get during this time.

|

9/1/2017 9:01 PM

Kevin is a good friend, good people and a very hardworking individual. There are a lot of us like that all in the same boat. One of the good guys, so donate if you wish. Regardless, we will all come out of this for the better.

I'm sure as soon as I post a few pics of my situation that the Newmann hecklers will be
along whining about me posting pics of all my shit...lol.

|

9/1/2017 9:34 PM

CrGuy2T wrote:

Thousands of people are in the same boat. Myself included. You gonna start a go fund me for everyone involved in the flood. Just because some one has a race shop or something shouldn't deem them special treatment. it's a bad situation for everyone involved.

I'm not far away from you either my friend so let me know if you need anything from my direction!

|

9/1/2017 9:42 PM

CrGuy2T wrote:

newmann wrote:

I'm not far away from you either my friend so let me know if you need anything from my direction!

Finally got all my sheet rock out. Just getting ready to go back together with my stuff. I need to wait a few days so the wood drys. Wasn't trying to sound like a dick about the go fund me. I just feel like there is so many people in this same situation. Believe it or not FEMA actually gave me some money which was shocking.

|

9/1/2017 9:47 PM

CrGuy2T wrote:

newmann wrote:

CrGuy2T wrote:

Finally got all my sheet rock out. Just getting ready to go back together with my stuff. I need to wait a few days so the wood drys. Wasn't trying to sound like a dick about the go fund me. I just feel like there is so many people in this same situation. Believe it or not FEMA actually gave me some money which was shocking.

Wow FEMA is already cutting checks? That's great to hear.

|

9/1/2017 10:32 PM

What, a taxpayer actually getting some of his money back?

|

9/1/2017 11:38 PM

newmann wrote:

Kevin is a good friend, good people and a very hardworking individual. There are a lot of us like that all in the same boat. One of the good guys, so donate if you wish. Regardless, we will all come out of this for the better.

I'm sure as soon as I post a few pics of my situation that the Newmann hecklers will be

If any of your 'toys' are in a bad way it would def not be funnny

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

9/2/2017 12:02 AM

Best wishes to all those affected. My family is more north but have several in law enforcement who are volunteering.

For anyone who has "been through this before", is there any reason why you didn't leave after the first time? If anything, get off the flood plains.

|

9/2/2017 12:05 AM

newmann wrote:

shuggs wrote:

If any of your 'toys' are in a bad way it would def not be funnny

You're gonna be sick to your stomach....

|

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

9/2/2017 5:49 AM

kott0n wrote:

Best wishes to all those affected. My family is more north but have several in law enforcement who are volunteering.

For anyone who has "been through this before", is there any reason why you didn't leave after the first time? If anything, get off the flood plains.

We thought about that before. But then we fought FEMA for 4 years and they finally approved to get our house elevated. We are now 6 1/2' up.

|

9/2/2017 5:58 AM

newmann wrote:

Hey Newmann, thoughts and prayers to all of you down there, question ... with the transformer station next to the shop will that mean more issues for you getting up and runnin again? I hope all of your people and their friends and relatives made it through ok. If you need any cheese let me know.

|

9/2/2017 7:43 AM

And of course, best of luck to you Newmann. Hope you guys are getting by.

|

9/2/2017 7:53 AM

newmann wrote:

KMC440 wrote:

Hey Newmann, thoughts and prayers to all of you down there, question ... with the transformer station next to the shop will that mean more issues for you getting up and runnin again? I hope all of your people and their friends and relatives made it through ok. If you need any cheese let me know.

Shop is fine! Had to sleep on the floor a couple nights after evacuating twice.

|

9/3/2017 1:24 AM

Hope you all make it through ok

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

9/3/2017 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 8:12 AM

|

9/3/2017 5:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 5:21 AM

kott0n wrote:

Good question,Actually they did offer buyouts, that offered pretty good money for your home. Something to look into. They also paid for lifting, both things i did not do and sometimes wish i did. My nephew sold his home to the state? One of my neighbors did the same. I have mixed feelings, 5 years after sandy almost, and people are still lifting their houses. If you don't lift they crank up your flood insurance. I live on the water, so the views,convenience to the boat etc are worth it I think.
That said, Getting flooded out really sucks. We lived with my niece's family for like 4 months. They were great. For those going through this my advise would be to do the least amount possible and move back in. If you have insurance, fix one room at a time maybe 2 and get ready to argue with the insurance. The money goes really fast. Turns out my house had a lot of issues, once you start to peel back the layers, similar to an old dirtbike. So after almost 5 years I am not really done, some finish work, one bathroom still needs going through. The house is better than it was. Realistically, it is almost cheaper to knock it down and build new. For some reason though they make you rebuild it.

|

9/3/2017 5:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 5:26 AM

FCMX wrote:

Probably because he's not the only person dealing with this same issue. There is plenty of funding in Texas. Red Cross, FEMA, most of all friends and family. I have a pregnant wife and 3 kids at home. People need to put their hands in their pockets man up and deal with the situation. These go fund me's are becoming pathetic.

|

9/3/2017 5:32 AM

FCMX wrote:

CrGuy2T wrote:

Probably because he's not the only person dealing with this same issue. There is plenty of funding in Texas. Red Cross, FEMA, most of all friends and family. I have a pregnant wife and 3 kids at home. People need to put their hands in their pockets man up and deal with the situation. These go fund me's are becoming pathetic.

Would you be upset if a friend set up a gofundme campaign and it ended up helping you and your family?

|

9/3/2017 5:34 AM

And please note in my previous post. I said I understood that ppl from SETX cannot donate because you guys are all in the same boat.

|

9/3/2017 5:44 AM

A lot of people have given this gofundme thing a bad rap asking for stupid shit. But I really don't think this is the situation here. Pathetic is: "hey guys, I set up a gofundme so I can get my motor rebuilt." Or "hey guys, I set up a gofundme because my tv is too small & would like to get a 70" ultra hd flatscreen." Screw Red Cross, you cannot trust them.

|

9/3/2017 6:44 AM

FCMX wrote:

it's a bad plan to try and shame people into giving, unless you are a Church and have some good guilt control methods it just won't work.

There's lots of options and I'm sure everyone knows someone affected by this. just because they don't join your cause doesn't automatically qualify them as a Sonofabitch.

|

9/3/2017 7:54 AM

I am not trying to shame anyone, and most definitely not calling anyone a sonofabitch. C'mon man. I don't want any negative vibes here.

|

9/6/2017 7:55 AM

Bump

|