Helmets- AIROH

BobPA
12/10/2017 6:41am
Idp57 wrote:
Helmets are like shoes.For example ....you have the most expensive,best quality ,best technology with springs and what ever the F in them but they are not...
Helmets are like shoes.For example ....you have the most expensive,best quality ,best technology with springs and what ever the F in them but they are not comfy to your feet,bulky and heavy .....now try to walk with them for 30 minutes LOL,You will have blisters,probably feet-pump and what not.Then you have some middle priced light comfy shoes and you can walk and jump around hole day .
That is not a very good example at all. You are comparing comfort to comfort. Shoes do not provide protection like a helmet.
presto197
12/10/2017 7:16am
The only other helmet I'd try is leatt. Give that a read
Lynch
12/10/2017 8:06am
I used Airohs for around 10 years, last fall I went over the bars on a stepdown and hit my head. Knew right away that I had a concussion since all I could see was stars, did not hurt tho. I was mostly angry at the fact that my helmet broke because I only had it for a month or so. After that I tried on every helmet I could get my hands on Arai, FOX V3-V4, Leatt, 6D, AGV, Shoei etc (all but Bell) and I still ended up ordering a new Airoh.

IMO they are amazing helmets feel and weight wise, however I bought Bell helmets for this years season (17) and bought another two last week of August. With that said I would go back to Airoh's in a split second if I could get as good deals on them as I get on the Bells.
This is how my Airoh looked after a hard hit (Sorry for the weird size)

Makes for a special kind of trophy Silly

TeamGreen
12/10/2017 8:25am
Indy mxer wrote:
An Arai is like a flip phone, 20 year old technology. Overpriced too. Much better/safer helmets out there imo. I wear 6D, but my spare helmet...
An Arai is like a flip phone, 20 year old technology. Overpriced too.

Much better/safer helmets out there imo.
I wear 6D, but my spare helmet is a Troy Lee SE4 with MIPS. Quality on both is top notch.

Bell Moto 9 looks like a good helmet too.

Not familiar with Airoh though. I'd be interested to see how you like it when you get one.
This post took the words right off of my finger tips...

I wear rhe TLD SE4. TLD went for it with this helmet and tested extremely well across all test variations at ACT.

The AIROH is a nice light helmet; but, it's not built to the same requirements/test cert's as the newer helmets that Indy and I are referring to.

The Shop

Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
12/10/2017 8:33am
Idp57 wrote:
Helmets are like shoes.For example ....you have the most expensive,best quality ,best technology with springs and what ever the F in them but they are not...
Helmets are like shoes.For example ....you have the most expensive,best quality ,best technology with springs and what ever the F in them but they are not comfy to your feet,bulky and heavy .....now try to walk with them for 30 minutes LOL,You will have blisters,probably feet-pump and what not.Then you have some middle priced light comfy shoes and you can walk and jump around hole day .
BobPA wrote:
That is not a very good example at all. You are comparing comfort to comfort. Shoes do not provide protection like a helmet.
Some of them do Smile .But that was a simple example for comfort,point is :the most comfortable helmet for you is probably the safe(protection) one.
drt410
12/10/2017 8:44am
Looking at the pic of the wrecked helmet and the clear plastic screws holding the visor on are they designed to snap off in a crash?
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
12/10/2017 9:31am
Ugly Helmets, Bell or nothing
XC706
Fantasy
668th
12/10/2017 9:56am
presto197 wrote:
I know there is a thread on here from '15 but long since Airoh helmets are still not very attainable on the American market. Where can...
I know there is a thread on here from '15 but long since Airoh helmets are still not very attainable on the American market. Where can I purchase one(?); without throwing away money. I've heard of chromeburner, eBay, and airohhelmetsusa. But have also heard these 3 are unreliable and rip offs. I would really appreciate Anyone who has info on buying an airoh helmet!
See post #9.
Tuna
12/10/2017 12:22pm
They make a great helmet. I’d take ECE over Snell for offroad any day. 6D are great but 3.5lbs is not gonna work for me and the neck and head issues from past concussions and whiplash injuries. I’ve run most of the helmets out there including Shoei and Arai. Love the lighter EU helmets like Suomy, AGV, Just 1 and LS2. No two crashes are the same, it’s tough to compare. I’ve had concussions in Shoei, Bell Moto 9 and MIPS equipped helmets. I’ve had similar crashes in ECE helmets and no concussion. You never know the result based on a helmet.
12/10/2017 12:35pm
Yes, the visor screws of the Airoh are designed to shear off.

Here's my Airoh after doing its job:

Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
12/10/2017 12:43pm
MIPS is a literal meme. It’s funny how so many people fall for it.
Lynch
12/10/2017 1:05pm
Giygas wrote:
MIPS is a literal meme. It’s funny how so many people fall for it.
Care to explain? I do not need a smart ass answer just wanna know why you think like you do and what it's based on.
12/11/2017 12:35am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2017 12:36am
MXMattii wrote:
I wouldn't buy one. If mine info is correct the European Airoh helmets don't get true the American inspection, so they need to make the shell...
I wouldn't buy one. If mine info is correct the European Airoh helmets don't get true the American inspection, so they need to make the shell thicker for the American market, that is also why it is harder to get them in the USA. Put your money in Shoei or Arai
mxb2 wrote:
Arai , on sale now. Dennis Kirk. Fyi.
nytsmaC wrote:
I've always been a Shoei guy, the older Arai's did not fit my head very well, pressed on my forehead.. However, I tried on the new...
I've always been a Shoei guy, the older Arai's did not fit my head very well, pressed on my forehead..

However, I tried on the new Arai a couple of years ago and my god, it was like losing my virginity, finding my special purpose. Nicest feeling helmet I've ever slid my head into.
I've often said putting on an Arai is like putting your head inside a vigina. Sized correctly of course
Cortami79
12/11/2017 12:00pm
I've often said putting on an Arai is like putting your head inside a vigina. Sized correctly of course
Hahaha this is the post of the year
drt410
12/11/2017 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/11/2017 12:54pm
Check out the Airoh switch. Extremely light but way cheaper than the aviator and still very very good helmets. They weight a little over a pound and have extensive venting to keep your head cool. They're also about $150. I personally think they are their best looking helmet, they dont have as much of a beak to them, they just look mean and sleek.

I wasted a ton of time trying to embed a bunch of photos and then they didnt work so heres the link to 24mx that shows the Airoh Switch and all its various colors. Great helmets for a reasonable price.

https://www.24mx.com/search/result?q=airoh%20switch&s=airoh%20switch#?p…
12/11/2017 1:04pm
drt410 wrote:
Check out the Airoh switch. Extremely light but way cheaper than the aviator and still very very good helmets. They weight a little over a pound...
Check out the Airoh switch. Extremely light but way cheaper than the aviator and still very very good helmets. They weight a little over a pound and have extensive venting to keep your head cool. They're also about $150. I personally think they are their best looking helmet, they dont have as much of a beak to them, they just look mean and sleek.

I wasted a ton of time trying to embed a bunch of photos and then they didnt work so heres the link to 24mx that shows the Airoh Switch and all its various colors. Great helmets for a reasonable price.

https://www.24mx.com/search/result?q=airoh%20switch&s=airoh%20switch#?p…
I wouldn't go for the cheaper Airoh models. I had an Terminator 2.1 (middle class in the lineup) and upgraded to an Aviator 2.2. There is a noticeable improvement in the built quality which is worth the 100 bucks extra in my opinion.

Post a reply to: Helmets- AIROH

The Latest