Helmet wrap question (weight)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2019 10:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 11:55 PM

Is the extra weight noticeable?

Edit: Another question, can you see an outline of the paint underneath? Or is it full and complete coverage?

|

2/4/2019 11:00 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

Edit: Another question, can you see an outline of the paint underneath? Or is it full and complete coverage?

No it isn't. I have full wraps on both my Shoei's and if I had to guess , the total weight is probably less then a 1/2oz. Mine were super thin.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/4/2019 11:03 PM

Photo
|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

2/4/2019 11:22 PM

They outlawed helmet wraps in Australia for moto, right? I think they were worried that a helmet wouldn't slide or deflect as designed if they were covered with a sticker. Can anyone confirm?

|

2/4/2019 11:41 PM

TheLsho wrote:

They outlawed helmet wraps in Australia for moto, right? I think they were worried that a helmet wouldn't slide or deflect as designed if they were covered with a sticker. Can anyone confirm?

That would be weird , since my graphics are about 1/2 the thickness of a piece of paper.

|

2/4/2019 11:42 PM

Yes it is if the wrap is made of the same thick material as bike graphics. I have one Bell Flex helmet without a wrap and one with a wrap (thick material) and you can notice the difference in weight.

There are however companies that make wraps out of thinner material, Magik Kustom Graphics comes to mind. Look at their Instagram page.

|

2/4/2019 11:54 PM

Another question, can you see an outline of the paint underneath? Or is it full and complete coverage?

|

2/4/2019 11:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 11:57 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Yes it is if the wrap is made of the same thick material as bike graphics. I have one Bell Flex helmet without a wrap and one with a wrap (thick material) and you can notice the difference in weight.

There are however companies that make wraps out of thinner material, Magik Kustom Graphics comes to mind. Look at their Instagram page.

Ive been looking at their site today, can you see the original paint at all or is it full coverage on the visor ect

|

2/5/2019 12:02 AM

What I mean is on this image here you can see the red of the original paint job, this is taken off Magiks websitePhoto

|

2/5/2019 3:48 AM

Yes, with a wrap you pretty much always see the paint underneath. With most wraps it's best to start off with a plain white or black helmet.

|

2/5/2019 4:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 4:19 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

If a guys neck would notice the weight of a wrap, he shouldn’t be riding!

|

2/5/2019 4:55 AM

Oh yeah the weight is noticable.. probably enough to affect your riding. Same applies to graphics on the bike.. just adding pointless weight.

|

2/5/2019 6:02 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

What I mean is on this image here you can see the red of the original paint job, this is taken off Magiks websitePhoto

yes you will see the color underneath

|

2/5/2019 5:59 PM

TheLsho wrote:

From memory it wasn't anything about crash performance. The reason I heard was they were worried someone would be dumb enough to wrap a damaged helmet and the Machine Examiners (Tech Inspection) would not know.

|

2/5/2019 9:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 9:40 PM

TheLsho wrote:

thats retarded. but everything things helmets like guns are the most dangerous thing on the planet and want to sell you a new one every time it gets a scratch
if someone wants to wrap over a cracked helmet then hop on their 15grand race bike they should go for it. If you dare to ride a bike without a condom on you should also to be allowed to do that.

truth is like everything else its politics, the owner of the helmet wrap company pissed off someone else

|