Not like the old ones, but the modern helmet is usually a different shape now

Thanks

|

2/8/2020 10:12 PM

|

2/8/2020 10:45 PM

|

2/8/2020 11:20 PM

That you? I’m in Elsinore. Wouldn’t mind heading to yorba Linda to grab one from ya.

|

2/9/2020 6:52 AM

Wins on Sunday sells on Monday. Just imagine if those guys started running spoke skins...

|

2/9/2020 3:44 PM

3dpmoto.com can make them

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/11/2020 12:41 PM

the early 00's?

Bring back fins and Chrome TLD Peaks!

|

2/11/2020 3:36 PM

I'm all about the moto fin. Love those things.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/11/2020 3:49 PM

I think it was Arai helmets who said they keep their helmets similar shape because they want to keep them rounded. Hard edges catch on things a lot more to twist your head. Can’t imagine a fin would be a great contribution from a safety standpoint. Sure they are not welded on and could fall off or break in a crash but why would you want to possibly increase the risk of a head/neck injury.

|

I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, and you can keep the "change"

2/11/2020 4:37 PM

WTF does a fin do for a MX rider?

|

2/11/2020 5:27 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

It gives them the ability to smell blood and attack... Webb is the perfect example: he doesn't waste opportunities.

|

www.morphgloves.com low priced gloves

2/11/2020 5:43 PM

I have three of the old Troy lee design ones from 2002ish?

|

2/11/2020 5:48 PM

HondaFan33 wrote:

I think it was Arai helmets who said they keep their helmets similar shape because they want to keep them rounded. Hard edges catch on things a lot more to twist your head. Can’t imagine a fin would be a great contribution from a safety standpoint. Sure they are not welded on and could fall off or break in a crash but why would you want to possibly increase the risk of a head/neck injury.

Hit my little head about a million times during my childhood racing dirt bikes every weekend. All with a helmet fin on. Think it’s okay, that’s a good question thought you should ask cooper Webb and bell

|

2/11/2020 6:50 PM

Luke_Richards wrote:

I have three of the old Troy lee design ones from 2002ish?

Wanna get rid of one??

|

2/11/2020 7:08 PM

HondaFan33 wrote:

The "Moto Fin" brand fins mentioned above are soft/flexible/hollow partially for that reason.

|

2/11/2020 7:53 PM

OtotheB178 wrote:

the early 00's?

Here you go! Love the Troy Lee helmet fins! Rocking them since the early 2000’s

|

2/11/2020 8:08 PM

berno929 wrote:

It gives them the ability to smell blood and attack... Webb is the perfect example: he doesn't waste opportunities.

MC's can't win, I make 'em rust like tin... They call me Jaws, my hat is like a shark's fin!!!

|

2/11/2020 9:34 PM

slipdog wrote:

MC's can't win, I make 'em rust like tin... They call me Jaws, my hat is like a shark's fin!!!

|

2/12/2020 12:03 AM

If you get creative with your ebaying you can find them. I just bought four because I paint helmets sometimes as a very expensive, very time consuming hobby.

I need to send this helmet back to a vital guy. It was a free practice/year long helmet project.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/12/2020 8:34 AM

-Increases aerodynamic efficiency
-Provides a "straightening" effect and points his head forward at all times (don't look back!)
-Looks cool
-Lowers standing heart rate
-Pulls chicks
-Provides a larger sponsor logo area
-Aligns the planets, providing meaningful communication between all forms of life
-Kills the germs that can cause bad breath
-Intimidates squids

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/12/2020 8:48 AM

OtotheB178 wrote:

the early 00's?

starchild wrote:

Here you go! Love the Troy Lee helmet fins! Rocking them since the early 2000’s

boom! You've won before you even hit the track! God the 00's were so much cooler....

|

2/12/2020 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 10:12 AM

Falcon wrote:

-Provides a "straightening" effect and points his head forward at all times (don't look back!)
-Looks cool
-Pulls chicks
-Aligns the planets, providing meaningful communication between all forms of life
-Intimidates squids

It also digs into the ground and helps to break your neck a little easier.

I bought one of these at Magic Racing in the 90's. Jimbo laughed at me but still sold it to me. haha.

|

2/12/2020 12:01 PM

Falcon wrote:

-Looks cool
-Pulls chicks
-Intimidates squids

devotid wrote:

It also digs into the ground and helps to break your neck a little easier.

I bought one of these at Magic Racing in the 90's. Jimbo laughed at me but still sold it to me. haha.

Nah, it holds your head in the ideal position when you crash!!

Seriously though, those things are flimsy on purpose. They will deform, break, or snap right off in a big crash.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/12/2020 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 12:24 PM

Two things to add that may be of interest:

1. I’m working in getting a Moto 9 to measure up and create a part file for, so hopefully within the next couple weeks I’ll have a design and some parts available for anyone who wants them through 3DP Moto.

2. A break away fin is not going cause you any grief in a crash. In order for your head to be rotated in such a way that your neck is jarred, a shear force would need to be applied to the outer shell of the helmet. This same shear force would instantly break away a helmet fin that’s not rigidly mounted, so I’d be perfectly comfortable putting one on. And, just as added security, a 3D printed one can easily be made to have an almost hollow center, so it would buckle under an impact.

Edit: mattyhamz2 actually has the first one I’ve printed that was a test model, but an updated design is on the way since the Moto 9s have a really oddly shaped section in the back.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/12/2020 12:35 PM

JM485 wrote:

Two things to add that may be of interest:

1. I’m working in getting a Moto 9 to measure up and create a part file for, so hopefully within the next couple weeks I’ll have a design and some parts available for anyone who wants them through 3DP Moto.

2. A break away fin is not going cause you any grief in a crash. In order for your head to be rotated in such a way that your neck is jarred, a shear force would need to be applied to the outer shell of the helmet. This same shear force would instantly break away a helmet fin that’s not rigidly mounted, so I’d be perfectly comfortable putting one on. And, just as added security, a 3D printed one can easily be made to have an almost hollow center, so it would buckle under an impact.

Edit: mattyhamz2 actually has the first one I’ve printed that was a test model, but an updated design is on the way since the Moto 9s have a really oddly shaped section in the back.

Josh if you need Moto-9 help, lemme know. Im out with an injury and ain't riding for a while, I can send you measurements + stuff.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

2/12/2020 3:40 PM

SeaClassExpert wrote:

Josh if you need Moto-9 help, lemme know. Im out with an injury and ain't riding for a while, I can send you measurements + stuff.

Thanks for the offer! I have a guy sending me one but if that falls through for whatever reason I will definitely take you up on that, really appreciate it.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com