Helmet Cam footage of AMP MX's Dixie GP Course

shue201
5/18/2010 7:46am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:53am
Here is a lap of the GP course from our race 2 weeks ago. Everyone had a blast....MX and Woods riders alike!! Check it out.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtnrmfI-XlM[/url]
|
joe101uk
5/18/2010 8:10am
That looks so sick !

Makes me want to go and get my bike out.
NeWskoolmxer
5/18/2010 8:12am
Looks like a cool layout but, dang that track needed some water!
5/18/2010 8:49am
Excelent video, shue 201, looks like alot of fun , for sure.

Thanks for sharing
Zildjian
5/18/2010 9:18am
Speaking as an MX guy, you woods riders are crazy. Something about seeing those trees wiz by inches away just makes me love track riding that much more. Trees are hard, I'll pass on running into one of those at those speeds. Cool video though.

The Shop

jtiger12
5/18/2010 10:01am
Zildjian wrote:
Speaking as an MX guy, you woods riders are crazy. Something about seeing those trees wiz by inches away just makes me love track riding that...
Speaking as an MX guy, you woods riders are crazy. Something about seeing those trees wiz by inches away just makes me love track riding that much more. Trees are hard, I'll pass on running into one of those at those speeds. Cool video though.
agree.. shue you had me intrigued until I started seeing murdersticks everywhere. The mx track looked sweet.
shue201
5/18/2010 11:28am
Looks like a cool layout but, dang that track needed some water!
hahaha....I knew that was coming. Not a great excuse, but this was the last moto of the day though.........and me and our other track guys decided to get dressed and do a couple of laps during this moto. So we didn't get any water on the track for a bit. Usually we keep the dust to a minimum!!

Zildjian and jtiger12 - this video makes the trees look much closer than they are and the speed looks like it is way faster too. I don't know why, but I thought the same thing!! "Dang the trees look close and he is going way fast through them!!" But trust me, I have never been a woods guy or done much woods riding at all really....and I really enjoy this loop!! It isn't as tight as it appears....I promise!! Grinning

We are having a video made of the event, that should be done by this weekend. I will post it for all of you to see, when it's ready. Should be cool!
ocscottie
5/18/2010 11:43am
Good shit Matt! kind of a trip, you know how most vid everything seems to look slower, jumps smaller etc etc, well that tight stuff in that vid does look way gnarly!

Hows come that one dude got to go around the tire/poles in the ground section? was he pitting?
jtiger12
5/18/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:53pm
lol.. just screwing around with you a little. I used to ride ALOT of woods loops back in the day, i miss it sometimes when its hot outside and I want some shady riding. After I broke my arm, I decided my days of riding amongst trees and boulders was over.
shue201
5/18/2010 12:02pm
ocscottie wrote:
Good shit Matt! kind of a trip, you know how most vid everything seems to look slower, jumps smaller etc etc, well that tight stuff in...
Good shit Matt! kind of a trip, you know how most vid everything seems to look slower, jumps smaller etc etc, well that tight stuff in that vid does look way gnarly!

Hows come that one dude got to go around the tire/poles in the ground section? was he pitting?
I know what you mean. But watching from that view, it looks a lot more scary to my MX eyes than it does when I'm actually the one behind the goggle lens.

That guy opted to take the detour around the EnduroX obstacles and go through a tight little turn track that had 3 single logs around it. It was about 4-6secs slower to take the detour....as long as you made it over the EnduroX obstacles clean. I watched a guy go from 2nd to 4th on the first lap of one class, by taking the detour!! They were fun and not that hard really. More intimidating than anything. We didn't have near the action there as I thought we would.

No worries jtiger12!! I haven't always had the best luck with trees either, but on a mtn bike instead of motorcycle.

Post a reply to: Helmet Cam footage of AMP MX's Dixie GP Course

The Latest